What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriots v. Redskins (1 Viewer)

One

Not Allowed In Mexico
Should see some extended action from both teams 1's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pats offense getting into a rhythm in their second series, 9 yard reception by Maroney and a 13 yarder to Moss over the middle. Nice looking PA, 20 yard throw to Galloway.

We're not going to get a good feel for how well Brady's got his touch back if all he has to do is throw to Moss with DeAngelo Hall in single coverage!

Where is Welker?
Not expected to play for PatriotsPosted by Chris Forsberg, Boston.com Staff August 28, 2009 06:46 PM The Patriots, via their Twitter account, just announced the following players are not expected to play this evening. (Updated at 7:24 p.m. to include Redskins and additional expected scratches for the Patriots):Julian EdelmanShawn SpringsBrandon TateMark LeVoirDarryl RichardKevin FaulkSammy MorrisRay VentroneWes WelkerMyron PryorRon BraceShawn Crable

How's "the other" Moss look. Santana seems undervalued this year. When healthy he's pretty darn good.
He looks like he'd have a 72 yard TD if he had a QB that could throw a deep ball.
Made a really nice catch on the sideline on their first drive, and like inzanitee said woulda had a long ball but was overthrown by about a yard, Campbell was under pressure though.

I thought these 3rd preseason games are treated like real games, at least for a half and possibly into the 3rd quarter...meaning starters play, coaches gameplan, etc. If this is the case and Washington knows Welker is out, how does Moss not get doubled?

Moss top 5?
Top 5 what? WR? or overall player? WR - Absolutely, probably top 1Player - Maybe, depends on format for QB scoringI don't know if I can even believe I'm saying this, but Brady looks like his early jitters (a little weary under pressure, not stepping into throws) are gone, and Moss is picking up where he left off with his record breaking season. Pats are going to be an offensive force.Do Moss' targets go down if Welker is on the field?

I thought these 3rd preseason games are treated like real games, at least for a half and possibly into the 3rd quarter...meaning starters play, coaches gameplan, etc. If this is the case and Washington knows Welker is out, how does Moss not get doubled?
They know it wouldn't matter. :coffee:

Just my opinion, but even though it is the dress rehearsal, if you will, they're not necessarily game planning for the other team. The coaches are more interested in seeing how the players do with their assignments and reads. Double teaming Moss wouldn't really help them determine if the secondary is making the right reads and coverages. The results of the game are not really a concern.

As a rookie, Mayo was a stay-at-home ILB. Belichick probably wanted him to master the diagnose-and-react aspect of the position. So far this preseason, Mayo has seen more time blitzing. It looks like BB has bigger plans for the guy.

Mayo deserves a bump in IDP leagues if this is indeed the plan for this year.

Maroney needs to quit trying to juke people out, he is huge and needs to lower that shoulder and truck them over... just IMO

Just my opinion, but even though it is the dress rehearsal, if you will, they're not necessarily game planning for the other team. The coaches are more interested in seeing how the players do with their assignments and reads. Double teaming Moss wouldn't really help them determine if the secondary is making the right reads and coverages. The results of the game are not really a concern.
I thought it was a dress rehearsal for the coaches as well (gameplanning, in-game adjustments, etc.). :goodposting:

Maroney needs to quit trying to juke people out, he is huge and needs to lower that shoulder and truck them over... just IMO
People have been saying that since his rookie year. But yes, you are correct sir.
Can't agree more. The worst part is that when he does lower his shoulder he has the leg strength to get those extra yards. The juking just takes his balance away and lets him get tackled backwards.

MY GOD MARONEY STOP DANCING AND GET THE FIRST DOWNETA: okay but still
He was driving forward a lot better there. Earlier he wasn't keeping his legs moving. Looking a little better. He is solid in space as a receiver.
He looks better in open field, but he's sitll hesitating to try and put on a juke move. It's like watching a crappy Madden player who only knows one open-field button and just uses it on every catch.

Secondary looking awesome tonight, in coverage and tackling.

ETA: For anyone reading this later who isn't watching the game -> :goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread