What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (2 Viewers)

I know I am very early in my second character (level 12 Fire Witch) but I can't get over how nice the zombie meat shields are. No one ever gets close to me. I used to get drunk on life potions with my bow Ranger but now I rarely touch them.
I'm playing my second character (a Cold Witch, my other character is a Templar) and I think I'm enjoying the Witch more. With four zombies, six skeletons, and a Spectre gem I picked up yesterday, that's a lot of extra damage distributors/sponges to go around.
nice! I am sticking to just zombies for now as I just want to minor in summoning, but if I have the mana for it, I will start adding some of the other summons as the game goes on. What level are you?
if you have the gems for other types I would def keep them socketed so they lvl at least

I know I am very early in my second character (level 12 Fire Witch) but I can't get over how nice the zombie meat shields are. No one ever gets close to me. I used to get drunk on life potions with my bow Ranger but now I rarely touch them.
I'm playing my second character (a Cold Witch, my other character is a Templar) and I think I'm enjoying the Witch more. With four zombies, six skeletons, and a Spectre gem I picked up yesterday, that's a lot of extra damage distributors/sponges to go around.
nice! I am sticking to just zombies for now as I just want to minor in summoning, but if I have the mana for it, I will start adding some of the other summons as the game goes on. What level are you?
if you have the gems for other types I would def keep them socketed so they lvl at least
raise spector is level 19 I think. I am still only level 12.

I don't think I will be using the Summon Skeletons totem for this character. I am thinking about maybe a totem based character in the future and may save it for that.

Speaking of Raise Spector, is there a universal support gem that would work for this or is it all based on what type of creature you raise?

what supports do you guys use for your summons?

I've got 2 of my gems plugged into a +1 minion lvl hat with one blue support.

I've got an added lightning dam, also, I run wrath and anger.

I put a +life on hit support on my spectre and ghosted one of those giant spear statues --- the dude has lasted, like, 3 areas.
For zombies, Minion life, minion damage and added fire. Melee physical can be good aswell.For skeletons, minion damage and anything else (added chaos can be good).For spectres, minion life, minion damage, lmp or gmp and faster attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus... new unique gloves are one of the strongest uniques in the game...

Thunderfistlvl 67 req murder mitts (Evasion/ES gloves)

+1-100 lightning damage

+10% Increased attack speed

+26 Max Energy Shield (probably ranges from 20 or 25 to 40 or 50)

+100% increased shock duration

+10% increased stun duration

Gems in this item are supported by level 18 added lightning damage.
Also the buff to discharge is ridiculous, took nothing to start using it with my freeze pulser.

Run It Up said:

+1-100 lightning damage

Also the buff to discharge is ridiculous, took nothing to start using it with my freeze pulser.
And they are going for around 20 exalts plus. LOL

Run It Up said:

+1-100 lightning damage

Whats even crazier, you can get better rare gloves...You can get 3 elemental damage types (avg like 30 dmg each) or 2 elements and physical damage.As well as up to 17% attack speed.And life, and resists.

Run It Up said:

+1-100 lightning damage

Whats even crazier, you can get better rare gloves...You can get 3 elemental damage types (avg like 30 dmg each) or 2 elements and physical damage.As well as up to 17% attack speed.And life, and resists.
Link for the less smart POE players. Thanks. I am sitting on a ton of currency and I can't find anything to buy. Well unless I wanna pay 20 exalts for 1 item.

Run It Up said:

+1-100 lightning damage

Link for the less smart POE players. Thanks. I am sitting on a ton of currency and I can't find anything to buy. Well unless I wanna pay 20 exalts for 1 item.
Roam the forums or use poe.xyz.is and type in the stats you want and it will search for you. You can get some really, really good deals if you take the time to browse around and be choosy. I got a few pieces that I think are endgame-level or elite magic find for like an alch. Just for example, I went to the poe.xyz.is site and typed in gloves with at least 15% IIQ, 15% IIR, and +30 INT and only one pair popped up on the whole forum. It was perfect for the character I was building, so I offered like a chaos and an alch, we settled on a chaos and a fusing, and I got my endgame gloves for my ledge runner ranger. I also found a hat with +1 minions, 14% IIQ, and 29% IIR that a guy had listed for an alch in a big lot with a ton of other crap items.

You can get better than those items for exalts and stuff, but if you want just a notch below and are willing to do some dumpster diving, you can get big improvements for very reasonable prices.

I have too much stuff again and again it's a special FBG discount of absolutely free. This time it's uniques. Uniques are great for levelling, so if you're starting a new character, these could be quite useful.

Here's my list: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/370272

If you can use any of them, hit me up in game and they're yours.

I still have a bunch of gems as well. Again, free. Just ask and if I have it, it's yours (exceptions for a few gems like chain, GMP, portal).

Don't offer anything - it's all free.

IGNs: TheBarrister, DaddysBlueFrightWig, WigOnALedge
Updated with more stuff. Still free to a good home.

I need fuses badly.

I have a very nice 5 socket Searing Touch but I burned through about 40 fuses and could not get better than a 3l (really want this to be a 4l.)

If anyone has fuses they would like to trade let me know. I have chances and alchs that I can trade straight up for.

I need fuses badly.I have a very nice 5 socket Searing Touch but I burned through about 40 fuses and could not get better than a 3l (really want this to be a 4l.)If anyone has fuses they would like to trade let me know. I have chances and alchs that I can trade straight up for.
I wish you luck sir, 200 fusings into my 5 socket searing touch with no 5L and 200 fusings into my 6 socket searing touch with no 5L.Actually made me put my trapper on hold. Especially with the Discharge buff.

I need fuses badly.I have a very nice 5 socket Searing Touch but I burned through about 40 fuses and could not get better than a 3l (really want this to be a 4l.)If anyone has fuses they would like to trade let me know. I have chances and alchs that I can trade straight up for.
I wish you luck sir, 200 fusings into my 5 socket searing touch with no 5L and 200 fusings into my 6 socket searing touch with no 5L.Actually made me put my trapper on hold. Especially with the Discharge buff.
So painful :)I don't even want to be greedy. I would be psyched with a 4l if possible.

I could use a power charge on crit if anybody's got one.

while we're talking -- I made this default fire witch and am about to close out act 3.

so, I have chance to ignite, and also a +crit support, amd tend to spam firestorm, fireball, and fire trap.

I put chance to ignite on firestorm, thinking there's ~7 fireballs/sec dropping, so that would mean a pretty good chance to ignite, but then I thought maybe it wasn't such a great idea because each fireball is low dam, so putting chance to ignite and + crit supports on firestorm might only yield a paltry bonus dam vs putting them on a higher single dam source like fireball.

on th eflip side, I love watching everybody catch fire.

opinions?

while we're talking -- I made this default fire witch and am about to close out act 3.

so, I have chance to ignite, and also a +crit support, amd tend to spam firestorm, fireball, and fire trap.

I put chance to ignite on firestorm, thinking there's ~7 fireballs/sec dropping, so that would mean a pretty good chance to ignite, but then I thought maybe it wasn't such a great idea because each fireball is low dam, so putting chance to ignite and + crit supports on firestorm might only yield a paltry bonus dam vs putting them on a higher single dam source like fireball.

opinions?
You pretty much have it figured out, Firestorm is not very great for a lot of reasons. Crit supports and Chance to ignite are both great for fireball and fire trap.

opinions?
I have a few of them.

IGN: WigOnALedge or TheBarrister today

Bunch of development news today.

First off, in the next month there will be two new leagues added to supplement the base hardcore and default leagues, not mention yet. Its possible one of them is cutthroat, but if I had to wager they will be season ladders. They already stated they will only last 4 months, to me it just makes sense for them to be ladder seasons.

Second, they announced a change will be made to the way fusings and jewelers work. If an item has %quality links and sockets will be more likely, the tradeoff is the quality will be reduced to 0% quality everytime a jeweler or fusing is used. No one has any idea how the rates will change, only that it will be easier to get 5 and 6 links/sockets.

Third, the patch this week will only be uniques, the wording is vague but it will either be 4 or 6 new uniques, this goes hand in hand with one of their new development goals:

Rory is now working almost exclusively on Unique items. We also have a new programmer, Daniel, joining the team. With the additional team member, and a focus on these items, we are aiming to increase the number of unique items we release every week.
And finally, the big news. 0.11.0 will go live approximately May 29th. This patch will include:

• More party loot allocation options
  • Direct melee buffs
  • Rebalance of monster damage
  • Improved resync code. The scope of this patch doesn't include the more complex changes to the action prediction system, but will hopefully prevent deaths by resyncing more aggressively when needed.
  • Some secret awesomeness that I'm not able to reveal just yet. It's bigger than the other changes in the patch.
The "secret awesomeness" is a complete mystery and I'm prepared to be disappointed, but they claim its bigger than the other changes, which are pretty big. My guess, they finished the end of act 3; it could possibly be the steam release, the 7th class (or some variant) or worst of all - a summer sale.

Bunch of development news today.

First off, in the next month there will be two new leagues added to supplement the base hardcore and default leagues, not mention yet. Its possible one of them is cutthroat, but if I had to wager they will be season ladders. They already stated they will only last 4 months, to me it just makes sense for them to be ladder seasons.

Second, they announced a change will be made to the way fusings and jewelers work. If an item has %quality links and sockets will be more likely, the tradeoff is the quality will be reduced to 0% quality everytime a jeweler or fusing is used. No one has any idea how the rates will change, only that it will be easier to get 5 and 6 links/sockets.

Third, the patch this week will only be uniques, the wording is vague but it will either be 4 or 6 new uniques, this goes hand in hand with one of their new development goals:

Rory is now working almost exclusively on Unique items. We also have a new programmer, Daniel, joining the team. With the additional team member, and a focus on these items, we are aiming to increase the number of unique items we release every week.
And finally, the big news. 0.11.0 will go live approximately May 29th. This patch will include:

>

• More party loot allocation options
  • Direct melee buffs
  • Rebalance of monster damage
  • Improved resync code. The scope of this patch doesn't include the more complex changes to the action prediction system, but will hopefully prevent deaths by resyncing more aggressively when needed.
  • Some secret awesomeness that I'm not able to reveal just yet. It's bigger than the other changes in the patch.
The "secret awesomeness" is a complete mystery and I'm prepared to be disappointed, but they claim its bigger than the other changes, which are pretty big. My guess, they finished the end of act 3; it could possibly be the steam release, the 7th class (or some variant) or worst of all - a summer sale.
:thumbup: Thanks, Run It Up. I guess it's time to start hoarding whetstones and scraps.

:thumbup: Thanks, Run It Up. I guess it's time to start hoarding whetstones and scraps.
Np, and its a good idea imo, value will surely go up.Devs also mentioned they are gonna implement a way to speed up raising the quality of items you're crafting so that you don't have to click 40 times to raise an item to 20%.

Whew, finally made it through normal mode. God do I suck I did beat Piety in one try but that was mostly because I was over leveled I think.

Level 41

47 hours played

51 times died

=================================
ok to compare my second character to my first, I just completed normal mode

Level 38

19 Hours

22 times died

Much better overall. I was hoping to keep the deaths in the teens for normal mode, but maybe with character #3 I will do that.

I love the Fire Witch with minions to far. Much more fun than the Ranger archer.

I know you guys don't like Fire Storm, but that simple spell probably saved me 20 deaths with the necromancers that I could never reach with my Archer because every shot would be blocked (I was not using a Rain of Arrows type skill). With Firestorm, just click once and the necromancers are toast.

the consensus is that scraps/whets become more valuable?

so, if they currently have 1 stack of them = 2 stacks scrolls does that mean scrolls go up, or do ppl not really need scrolls?

I see a lot of ppl buy them by the hundreds, so I'm not sure what's up.

one guy said he actually id's all the blues for alts and goes through the vendor chain, but that seems like a lot of trouble.

so, if they currently have 1 stack of them = 2 stacks scrolls does that mean scrolls go up, or do ppl not really need scrolls?

one guy said he actually id's all the blues for alts and goes through the vendor chain, but that seems like a lot of trouble.
Depends what happens in the next patch but it sounds like they're adding a way for scraps/whetstones to influence the linking process. The issue with scraps and whetstones now seems to be that it's actually pretty hard to use them at anywhere near the rate of collection. I would say "more valuable" is almost guaranteed but they were very low value already, so the uptick is likely not going to be all that meaningful.

Another thing to consider is that if scraps/whetstones improve linking then the value of fusings will likely drop (since you'll need fewer fusing orbs to get the desired links), and that dropoff might be more significant. Since the value of fusings is connected to the value of jeweller's orbs and alteration orbs, it wouldn't surprise me to see an uptick in scrap/whetstone values leading to fusings trading at closer to 3/1 chaos and alts trading at maybe 22/1 to 25/1 chaos. It's a guess, but if I were trading right now i'd be trying to unload alts/jewellers/fusings for chaos.

As for scrolls, they actually do get used at an alarming rate by people who farm Merveil and things like that. I'll sell scrolls by the thousands. It's maybe slightly profitable to ID blues but the time wasted constantly returning to town to sell blues for reduced shard rates makes IDing blues basically a terrible idea. Rares give a much better return on scroll investment, although I still think that scroll consumption makes farming Merveil a pretty poor way to build currency. And if the whetstone/scraps change does what I think it will do, farming for alt shards will obviously become worse (since you're getting worse trade value for chaos) and people will likely start gravitating away from Merveil farming, leading to a downturn in the number of scrolls being consumed.

The economy of this game is pretty neat, imo. Kudos to GGG for a very interesting system. Right now I think exalts are too far out of whack for default players and that needs to be fixed somehow (I actually think introducing additional gameplay content will sort that problem out but we'll see) but otherwise the system seems to be working fairly well. Almost every type of currency has decent value and there are a lot of different ways to play the game.

If scraps/whets go up in value, wisdoms will likely go up in value also, hard to say though as transmutations also give 4 wisdoms per orb and are otherwise pretty worthless. If wisdoms go up it probably won't be by much.

I need some help.

I was fighting Oak in Pools of Streams and I died. When I resurrected and went back to the area I was fighting him, I could not find him again. I have logged out and back in multiple times but I can't seem to locate him any more. My quest guide says he still needs to be killed.

Any ideas?

I need some help.

I was fighting Oak in Pools of Streams and I died. When I resurrected and went back to the area I was fighting him, I could not find him again. I have logged out and back in multiple times but I can't seem to locate him any more. My quest guide says he still needs to be killed.

Any ideas?
I was going to tell you to ust reinstance him, but doesn't logging out do that?

anyway, I'd try that.

also, maybe join an oak pug

I need some help.

Any ideas?
I was going to tell you to ust reinstance him, but doesn't logging out do that?

anyway, I'd try that.

also, maybe join an oak pug
ok reinstance did the trick.

When I logged out and back in, the instance was still in place but it did not dawn on me.

Thanks!

Well 0.10.8c Patch notes posted, pretty disappointing.Nerfing curse effectiveness against bosses by 40-50% (long time coming, curses were the biggest damage modifier in the game)Only adding one unique, (another patch later this week with a couple more).

Well 0.10.8c Patch notes posted, pretty disappointing.Nerfing curse effectiveness against bosses by 40-50% (long time coming, curses were the biggest damage modifier in the game)Only adding one unique, (another patch later this week with a couple more).
I think things will be slow until 0.11 is released which sounds awesome.

They are even advertising that if you know players that have stopped playing POE, to contact them and let them know. Certainly sounds like new areas are being added, whether it is an extension of Act 3 or a 4th Act.

The first 3 items are identical down to the sockets. Were these mirrored?I am interested in the Lionseye's Paws Bronzescale Boots. Would you take a chaos for them?

Do you know if the added Fire Damage these boots give would work with Spells like Fireball?
Any added xx-yy damage from items does not apply to spells. That being said any gem that adds damage will work with spells. Also, any % increased type of damage applies to spells with the exceptions of increased melee physical damage and increased weapon elemental damage.

I think adds ele dam is just weapon damage
This is from the wikia"If a passive does not specify whether it affects weapon or spell damage, it will affect both"So I think in the passive tree, when you see "Add 5% Elemental Damage", that affects both.But my question is not on a passive but on a mod that says"Adds 12-24 Fire Damage"I think, like you said, this only affects weapons but I wanted to double check since the wording is not clear to me.

The first 3 items are identical down to the sockets. Were these mirrored?I am interested in the Lionseye's Paws Bronzescale Boots. Would you take a chaos for them?

Do you know if the added Fire Damage these boots give would work with Spells like Fireball?
Any added xx-yy damage from items does not apply to spells. That being said any gem that adds damage will work with spells. Also, any % increased type of damage applies to spells with the exceptions of increased melee physical damage and increased weapon elemental damage.
Ok thanks. I know you guys have repeated this a ton of times in this thread, but I just can't get it to sink in. I wish they would just add some simple text like ""Adds 12-24 Fire Damage for attacks only", then it would be very clear.

Ok thanks. I know you guys have repeated this a ton of times in this thread, but I just can't get it to sink in. I wish they would just add some simple text like ""Adds 12-24 Fire Damage for attacks only", then it would be very clear.
There are tons of people still that haven't figured out that attacks and spells are different. I appreciate that PoE uses very specific names for their mechanics but they probably could have spent a couple days on the naming conventions, they seem almost intentionally confusing.

Spells =/= Attacks

'More' and 'Less' are multiplicative

'increased' and 'reduced' are additive

New unique added today was a good one.

Bringer of Rain

Crested Helmet (AR/EV)

462 Armour/666 Evasion

• Gems in this item are supported by level 18 Melee Physical Damage
  • Gems in this item are supported by level 18 Faster Attacks
  • Gems in this item are supported by level 18 Blind
  • Adds 20-30 Physical Damage
  • 228% Increased Armour and Evasion (likely 200-250%)
  • +219 Maximum Life
  • 10% chance to gain endurance charge when you block
  • Extra Gore
  • Can't Use Chest Armour
  • 15% Block Chance
Ridiculous, four link it and you instantly have a 6L physical helmet with a free lvl 18 blind thrown on their for a 7L. Blind is no joke, reduces chance to be hit by 75%, Armor/Evasion melee is feasible with this helm - its just rarely worth it, but if its free why not.

No chest armor is a small price to pay when you get 219 life from your helmet which is the combined top rolls for chest and helmet and it gives a FLAT 15% block chance. Amazing helmet for melee physical.

Bringer of Rain

Crested Helmet (AR/EV)

462 Armour/666 Evasion

• +219 Maximum Life
  • Extra Gore
  • Can't Use Chest Armour
  • 15% Block Chance
Ridiculous, four link it and you instantly have a 6L physical helmet with a free lvl 18 blind thrown on their for a 7L. Blind is no joke, reduces chance to be hit by 75%, Armor/Evasion melee is feasible with this helm - its just rarely worth it, but if its free why not.

No chest armor is a small price to pay when you get 219 life from your helmet which is the combined top rolls for chest and helmet and it gives a FLAT 15% block chance. Amazing helmet for melee physical.
fabulous stats. Would resistances now be an issue because you would get none from chest and helmet?

Bringer of Rain

Crested Helmet (AR/EV)

462 Armour/666 Evasion

• +219 Maximum Life
  • Extra Gore
  • Can't Use Chest Armour
  • 15% Block Chance

fabulous stats. Would resistances now be an issue because you would get none from chest and helmet?
Yep, thats the secondary negative to using it is you lose out resists on helm and chest. But end game gear is pretty easy to cap resists, especially since the helm is for melee physical build.

Like ilvl 66+ is 35-45% resists

I'm just re-listing this.

I have a shop on the forum: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334282/page/1

Prices are listed but for FBGs a lot of stuff is free. It sorta depends on the item but feel free to ask about anything that can help you out. Most of this stuff is just sitting in my stash collecting dust and if you can use it, you're free to it.

Also have a bunch of gems, again just ask.

News post I guess, since I'm more or less waiting until May 29th for the 0.11.0 Patch.

New Loot System details have been released:

A party leader can choose from the following item allocation modes for his party in 0.11.0:

• Free for All: Items are not allocated to players and can be picked up immediately.
  • Short Allocation: The exact system we have at the moment. Valuable* items allocate to a random nearby player for a short duration. There is a small bonus if you're far away from the item.
  • Permanent Allocation: Valuable* items allocate to a random nearby player.
*Valuable items are the ones that currently get allocated to players - Rare items, Unique items, Currency, Gems and Maps. We've also added items with four, five or six linked sockets to the valuable items list. Base types of the level of your world area or higher are also allocated. This only applies to level 60+ world areas.
Lead dev teases that a new currency item the Eternal Orb will be released in the 0.11.0 but with no details.

Default is being renamed to Standard, purely cosmetic change.

One of the new semi-permanent leagues is called "Onslaught", after a lot of speculation all the Devs have said is that it isn't a cutthroat league.

Well that was disappointing. My Fire Witch has been humming along, all the way to Vaal in Merciless at level 60.

I died 27 times fighting Vaal :(

Once I lost my minion shields I could barely get one fireball off before immediate one shot death.

Run It Up said:
News post I guess, since I'm more or less waiting until May 29th for the 0.11.0 Patch.

A party leader can choose from the following item allocation modes for his party in 0.11.0:

• Free for All: Items are not allocated to players and can be picked up immediately.
  • Short Allocation: The exact system we have at the moment. Valuable* items allocate to a random nearby player for a short duration. There is a small bonus if you're far away from the item.
*Valuable items are the ones that currently get allocated to players - Rare items, Unique items, Currency, Gems and Maps. We've also added items with four, five or six linked sockets to the valuable items list. Base types of the level of your world area or higher are also allocated. This only applies to level 60+ world areas.
That might be enough to bring me back.

Well that was disappointing. My Fire Witch has been humming along, all the way to Vaal in Merciless at level 60.

I died 27 times fighting Vaal

Once I lost my minion shields I could barely get one fireball off before immediate one shot death.
he lasered you?

I had maybe 2 random deaths before I fought vaal with my fire witch in normal and he one shotted me with that thing, and then killed me, like, 5x..

that was the wake up call.

btw, now I'm making a duelist to check out melee --- flicker strike is already awesome, but add leap slam and shield charge and combat is a riot.

and you guys know about the boot speed recipe, right?

Run It Up said:

dude, c'mon.....

Well that was disappointing. My Fire Witch has been humming along, all the way to Vaal in Merciless at level 60. I died 27 times fighting Vaal :( Once I lost my minion shields I could barely get one fireball off before immediate one shot death.
he lasered you? I had maybe 2 random deaths before I fought vaal with my fire witch in normal and he one shotted me with that thing, and then killed me, like, 5x..that was the wake up call.?
13 of the 27 deaths were lasers I believe. An amazing 7 of them were right after I ported in, made a new portal and then started to move up the stairs. It was comical.

Run It Up said:

dude, c'mon.....
I'm pretty excited for it, its the only thing thats really stopping me from pubbing. Farming is so much more efficient in groups and everyone gets 250% more loot, I just can't be bothered at 4am when I'm farmign to compete to pick up my loot, especially when you can be physically body blocked.

Users who are viewing this thread