What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Passed Out and Totaled My Truck (1 Viewer)

I'm glad you're ok. And it's nice to see you posting again.
Sadly, my infrequent and minimal posting will likely return again in the near future. Life has got in the way of my FBG time. A job where I can not jump on the board, a 3 year old and 11 month old at home, a wife with a long commute and trying to get some sleeping in there sometime ends up edging FBG posting out. Once I am able to move without grunting in pain and fit for work, the posts will likely slow down again.

I'm glad you're ok. And it's nice to see you posting again.
Sadly, my infrequent and minimal posting will likely return again in the near future. Life has got in the way of my FBG time. A job where I can not jump on the board, a 3 year old and 11 month old at home, a wife with a long commute and trying to get some sleeping in there sometime ends up edging FBG posting out. Once I am able to move without grunting in pain and fit for work, the posts will likely slow down again.
I hear ya. I can't post from work, my six kids are always asking me about their vaccinations and homework, and we are trying to house train our razorback.

I cant believe 3 people drove past a flipped truck. If it was just a regular accident that didnt look very bad and you were in a hurry I can understand not getting involved.
The first one went by and I was thinking.... well, you suck. By the third one, I was actually getting pissed off. Not much I could do about it. After giving up on finding the phone the only thing I could really come up with was turning the emergency lights on, which I thought was sort of absurd but at least I felt like I was doing something I guess. Plus, I did figure the extra lights would only help and could not hurt in my situation. I don't think I could have driven past a car like that.

That's what happens when you leave the FFA, you almost die. Glad it didn't end badly for you and I hope it's a lesson learned.

Damn, glad you are ok. Why were you taking Niacin?
I have low cholesterol which is generally a good thing but my good cholesterol is low too. I have high blood pressure which I have been trying to get down but wanted to bring my good cholesterol up to help out my overall heart health. The Niacin I was taking is called Slo Niacin and it is suppose to give you the large doses you need to move your good cholesterol up without giving you the flush. I have been taking it for about two months now with no problem at all. Docs have told me it could have been triggered with something I ate (apparently guacamole was a likely suspect after going through my dinner items) or the cold medicine I took earlier in the day.

I always liked reading your posts. Glad you're OK, although it was scary and a close brush with something much worse.

I cant believe 3 people drove past a flipped truck. If it was just a regular accident that didnt look very bad and you were in a hurry I can understand not getting involved.
The first one went by and I was thinking.... well, you suck. By the third one, I was actually getting pissed off. Not much I could do about it. After giving up on finding the phone the only thing I could really come up with was turning the emergency lights on, which I thought was sort of absurd but at least I felt like I was doing something I guess. Plus, I did figure the extra lights would only help and could not hurt in my situation. I don't think I could have driven past a car like that.
At the very least pull over and call 911

I can understand not trying to physically help, And in your situation nobody but the fire dept could, because I would be afraid of making things worse or even a gas leak. When someone finally called how long until they made it to you?

At the very least pull over and call 911

I can understand not trying to physically help, And in your situation nobody but the fire dept could, because I would be afraid of making things worse or even a gas leak. When someone finally called how long until they made it to you?
The fire station which I assume the firefighters came from is literally in view from my crash site. My experience of time was way off through everything so I really don't know. I was told it took 30 minutes to get me out of the truck once they arrived.... to me, it felt like 5 minutes. But from the timeline of when I left and piecing everything together.... I think the cop was literally just a couple minutes after the guy who stopped and the firefighters were just a few minutes behind him. Not sure how the cop got there first when their station is so close but I guess that is part of living in a upper middle class to rich area- cops are quick to answer. I am guessing that one (or maybe all? Who knows) of the cars that passed called 911.

At the very least pull over and call 911I can understand not trying to physically help, And in your situation nobody but the fire dept could, because I would be afraid of making things worse or even a gas leak. When someone finally called how long until they made it to you?
The fire station which I assume the firefighters came from is literally in view from my crash site. My experience of time was way off through everything so I really don't know. I was told it took 30 minutes to get me out of the truck once they arrived.... to me, it felt like 5 minutes. But from the timeline of when I left and piecing everything together.... I think the cop was literally just a couple minutes after the guy who stopped and the firefighters were just a few minutes behind him. Not sure how the cop got there first when their station is so close but I guess that is part of living in a upper middle class to rich area- cops are quick to answer. I am guessing that one (or maybe all? Who knows) of the cars that passed called 911.
Will insurance take care of your wheels?If so you came away with no serious injury, an interesting story and probably a new appreciation for life

Not too shabby

Last edited by a moderator:
At the very least pull over and call 911I can understand not trying to physically help, And in your situation nobody but the fire dept could, because I would be afraid of making things worse or even a gas leak. When someone finally called how long until they made it to you?
Will insurance take care of your wheels?If so you came away with no serious injury, an interesting story and probably a new appreciation for life

Not too shabby
My buddy was drunk and wrecked his jeep trying to "off-road". He ditched it and came back the day to report it. The insurance company not only got him a brand new even nicer Jeep, but his insurance actually went down. His dad was pissed. Needless to say he learned no lesson and went on to wreck his life.

Not too shabby
Yea, I believe I have full replacement though my truck was up there in age at 2005 model but low mileage, it will be interesting to see what I get out of it.

I believe I have rental car so I will figure that out this weekend if I am moving around decently.

I am sure that I am covered by one of the employers (the company that sold or the company that bought) but I do have medical on the car too so if I somehow get screwed on the medical insurance then it will cover.... perhaps it will cover my deductible for my medical insurance if I don't get screwed.... either way, I think I am ok there too with the car insurance.

Will have to decide with the wife if we move forward with our purchase of an Acadia or Enclave as we were planning on doing to replace our other car in the not too distant future or get another truck and buy the SUV later.

Not too shabby
My buddy was drunk and wrecked his jeep trying to "off-road". He ditched it and came back the day to report it. The insurance company not only got him a brand new even nicer Jeep, but his insurance actually went down. His dad was pissed. Needless to say he learned no lesson and went on to wreck his life.
I hope the only part of this that has relevance for me is the getting a brand new even nicer Jeep part.

Not too shabby
I hope the only part of this that has relevance for me is the getting a brand new even nicer Jeep part.
Yeah, the circumstances are quite a bit different. You weren't driving around after a drinking 2 pints of Captain Morgans trying to do shred up some random person lawn.

Not too shabby
Yeah, the circumstances are quite a bit different. You weren't driving around after a drinking 2 pints of Captain Morgans trying to do shred up some random person lawn.
Nope, I was not. However, when I called my Mom to tell her and told her that I passed out she immediately asked "were you drinking?" Granted this is from a 37 year sober drunk who has always been paranoid that her kids would be drunks too but still.... "NO MOM. Here Mrs Chadstroma will give you the details."

But WTF happened to the phone?
Hopefully hiding in the truck still. Depending on how I feel we will go today and take a look at the truck and search it. I am thinking I might have more luck finding it when I am not sitting in the dark, on the side, with junk all strewn over and in a bunch of pain.

Hopefully hiding in the truck still. Depending on how I feel we will go today and take a look at the truck and search it. I am thinking I might have more luck finding it when I am not sitting in the dark, on the side, with junk all strewn over and in a bunch of pain.
Just as well you couldn't find it. Around here, the police might have cited you for distracted driving. That's all the rage around here these days.

Just as well you couldn't find it. Around here, the police might have cited you for distracted driving. That's all the rage around here these days.
When the cop went to the house to tell my wife he did ask he a couple of questions just trying to verify my story to see if they matched up. He later explained he has to because there are a lot of crazy things that they can find out if I am saying one thing and she tells them another. I am sure if our stories did not match that they would have looked into whether I was messing with my phone or not.

Glad you're ok!

Nothing like a little roll in the hay along the road to get your juices flowing...

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. I like to think about that once in awhile

Chadstroma said:
Evilgrin 72 said:
Wow....scary stuff. Glad you're OK, man. Can you fap without pain? That will help pass the time.
Right now I can't do much of anything except lay in bed and type on my laptop without pain.
Tell the nurse you think you feel a lump on one of your #### and ask her to give you a testicular exam.

Glad you're ok. Glad you didn't kill anyone or yourself.

Sad that nobody stopped right away but I suspect a few might've been drinking. Not that it makes it right not to help.

I didn't see that you wrote no seat belt but someone else mentioned it. If true, why no seat belt? Hope everything works out for you.

Glad you're ok. Glad you didn't kill anyone or yourself.

Sad that nobody stopped right away but I suspect a few might've been drinking. Not that it makes it right not to help.

I didn't see that you wrote no seat belt but someone else mentioned it. If true, why no seat belt? Hope everything works out for you.
I woke up with this crazy burning sensation all over and red rash and my bloating from a dead sleep. I was not exactly thinking at the highest levels and I just simply did not think to put the seat belt on. I normally have it on all the time except for extremely short drives (to the corner Walgreens or something like that). Just happened to be one out of the 1,000 times that I did not have my seatbelt on.

Your one tough dude. Glad things worked out as well as can be expected. Upside is that you'll get a new truck.

Chadstroma's guardian angel did an excellent job. I hope he showed some appreciation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your one tough dude. Glad things worked out as well as can be expected. Upside is that you'll get a new truck.
Does anyone know how this works with the insurance company? This will be my first time. My truck was a 2005 F-150 and the blue book value looks to be about $22K. A new F-150 with the same model and options is just under $50K. Will they just pay out the fair market value?

Chadstroma said:
Evilgrin 72 said:
Wow....scary stuff. Glad you're OK, man. Can you fap without pain? That will help pass the time.
Right now I can't do much of anything except lay in bed and type on my laptop without pain.
You can do it!!

Does anyone know how this works with the insurance company? This will be my first time. My truck was a 2005 F-150 and the blue book value looks to be about $22K. A new F-150 with the same model and options is just under $50K. Will they just pay out the fair market value?
Yep, pretty much. They will pay what your truck is worth right now. You may be able to negotiate, but there's not much wiggle room usually.

My daughter just totaled my wife's car and the insurance actually gave us about $1K more than I expected, so that was cool. We ended up losing money on the whole deal though.

Users who are viewing this thread