What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Packers Offensive Line Gets Major Overhaul" (1 Viewer)

About time, this group and the ZBS system are pathetic and ineffective. I wouldn't mind the whole group being broomed.

I think it's pretty likely that at most there will be only 2 players returning to the spots manned on the line in 2008. And it could be less if chronic injuries take down Clifton or if they determine that Spitz's best position is C and grade him above Wells there. Not only is Moll basically done but Colledge might have a 1-game tryout to see if he can hack it at RT. Colledge, Spitz, Moll, and even Wells are each good for at least 1-2 breakdowns each per game. That may not sound like alot but they're drive-killers quite often. Tauscher was already considering retiring before he got hurt. Now he's an UFA with an injury that could take him well into the 2009 season before at full health.

Changes they are a comin'.

They need to pick offensive and defensive linemen this season. Montgomery has been pretty good but the zone system isn't working out.

thank ####ing jeebus they're finally doing something

Moll belongs in the Arena League. he has no business on an NFL roster.

hopefully Colledge can actually play at right tackle since he has been a disastrous left guard.

Colledge is not going any where this off-season. He is going to replace Clifton when he is moved on. Wells should be gone after this year, and Spitz will be the new center. Sitton has the makings of a real good guard, and he might be able to fill in at RT from time to time.

Tauscher will likely retire as he was worried a couple of years ago about getting banged up at the end of his career, and he wanted his health when he left the game.

Colledge is not going any where this off-season. He is going to replace Clifton when he is moved on. Wells should be gone after this year, and Spitz will be the new center. Sitton has the makings of a real good guard, and he might be able to fill in at RT from time to time.Tauscher will likely retire as he was worried a couple of years ago about getting banged up at the end of his career, and he wanted his health when he left the game.
I hope Colledge can show something at tackle, thus far, he has not looked great there...but really, will we learn much against the Lions other than if the line sucks so bad that it will show?I don't agree yet about Spitz. To start the year, I thought he did well there...but lately he has been getting blown off the ball. Barbre is one guy Id like to see more of. The guy is a bit tougher and harder nosed than some of the others.Id rather see him at guard than Spitz if they really want to check things out.

Users who are viewing this thread