What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Online Auction Applications/Software (1 Viewer)

OK guys, I became a convert to the auction drafting format about five years ago, but my online leagues, where we have people spread all across the US and Canada, do not have the option of getting together face to face. Thus, I am looking for a method to hold a real-time auction draft online spread out over two to four group sessions.

I found this site: http://www.fantasyauctioneer.com/proxy?:in...l:command=20000

I tried the free test run, but it does not seem to meet our needs. Here is a review: http://www.fatmixx.com/2007/03/24/online-a...yauctioneercom/

Thus, I humbly ask for help from the sharks. :thumbup:

Do any of you perform online, real-time long distance auction drafts? And if so, how do you manage the draft?

I would greatly appreciate any and all guidance, for I love my face to face auction leagues and would love to find a way to incorporate an auction draft into my long distance online leagues. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Note - I'm not shilling this by any means, but....

Big Time Fantasy Sports

I've seen this thing in action and it does work. I also heard that you can do remote access - but I don't know to what extent / limitations (i.e. # of owners).

Check them out and let us know how they respond to you. From what I hear, they have good customer service.

Lemme know if you need anyone to run some live tests with you to see how everything goes. I look forward to kicking your butt in yet another format.

Lemme know if you need anyone to run some live tests with you to see how everything goes. I look forward to kicking your butt in yet another format.
I posted the link to our entire league, so I FULLY expect you (and the rest) to run some early live tests with me. Also, you only kick my butt in your dreams! :mellow:

I posted the link to our entire league, so I FULLY expect you (and the rest) to run some early live tests with me. Also, you only kick my butt in your dreams! :thumbdown:
That's not true. We both know I kick your butt in your dreams, too. :D
No...it is your "wife to be" that slaps my happy ### in my dreams! E...M...I...L..Y! Regardless, we need to stop our spam here until we can give an honest report on the apps we promised to review. We shall talk on our site and the phone until we can give an honest report on this ap. :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff Pasquino said:

Big Time Fantasy Sports

I've seen this thing in action and it does work. I also heard that you can do remote access - but I don't know to what extent / limitations (i.e. # of owners).

Check them out and let us know how they respond to you. From what I hear, they have good customer service.
Their FAT box will handle up to 4 remote users. I've actually tested the remote function out with the gracious fellows at BTFS and it works like a charm.

Jeff Pasquino said:

Big Time Fantasy Sports

Their FAT box will handle up to 4 remote users. I've actually tested the remote function out with the gracious fellows at BTFS and it works like a charm.
Looks like a great product, but $340 is a pretty big chunk of change for it... :goodposting:

Looks like a great product, but $340 is a pretty big chunk of change for it... :unsure:
You gotta be ( )in me.I would just do a conf. call over the phone, if push comes to shove. We've done that and tho not automated or "fancy" as something like this, gets the job done. Can't beat the price either.
Actually $460 for the big system that my league needs. Gotta do some creative partnering with some other auction leagues in the area. Still working on that.

I found this site: http://www.fantasyauctioneer.com/proxy?:in...l:command=20000

I tried the free test run, but it does not seem to meet our needs. Here is a review: http://www.fatmixx.com/2007/03/24/online-a...yauctioneercom/

Thus, I humbly ask for help from the sharks. :banned:
We used Fantasy Auctioneer last year. After a scary false start (we had the wherewithal to do a mock run a week before and the auction promptly crashed for a still unknown reason), the real thing went off almost flawlessly (we had a couple of minor disruptions, but nothing worth discussing). This was a 16 owner league, and it cut our regular auction time by a good 2 hours. Well worth the $ you spend, provided it doesn't crap out on you. The customer service was outstanding though, so when/if issues occurred, we had support almost immediately, which went a long way to reassure us this was worth doing.As an added benefit, MFL has worked out a way to automatically import the auction rosters from Fantasy Auctioneer, so as a Commish, this is an extra plus - having to manually plug in rosters for 16 teams isn't the most wonderful thing I can do with my time.

Users who are viewing this thread