What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ok, fellas. A question about public urinals. And is urine sterile? The answer is no, it isn't. (1 Viewer)

Before, after, other?

• I wash my hands before using urinals.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I wash my hands after using urinals.

Votes: 114 91.2%
  • I wash my hands before and after using urinals.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don't wash my hands.

Votes: 7 5.6%

• Total voters

Hilts

Footballguy
I wash my hands before using urinals. Sometimes after, but not always. I think this is how it should be done. How do y'all handle things?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're doing it wrong, if you're not washing after. Not even talking about pee cloud splatter (urine is sterile if you don't have a UTI) but it's gross. Before sitting down to eat, would you jam your fingers into your armpit and not wash your hands? Same principle. Sweaty pockets and folds of skin harbor and grow bacteria. 

I wash after. I figure the good will fight the bad bacteria from the time I'm at the urinal to the sink. 

YMMV. I see no problem washing before, too, but certainly after is a requirement in my book.  

You're doing it wrong, if you're not washing after. Not even talking about pee cloud splatter (urine is sterile if you don't have a UTI) but it's gross. Before sitting down to eat, would you jam your fingers into your armpit and not wash your hands? Same principle. Sweaty pockets and folds of skin harbor and grow bacteria. 
Urine isn't sterile. My penis is probably cleaner than random doorknobs and whatever else I'm touching in the world. Maybe some of y'all have questionable hygiene habits.

I wash my hands before I sit down to eat. I'm not usually sitting down to eat immediately after going to the bathroom, but if I'm at a restaurant I'll wash them before and after. But at work? I'm slapping my dirty dong hands all over the place. 

Urine isn't sterile. My penis is probably cleaner than random doorknobs and whatever else I'm touching in the world. Maybe some of y'all have questionable hygiene habits.

I wash my hands before I sit down to eat. I'm not usually sitting down to eat immediately after going to the bathroom, but if I'm at a restaurant I'll wash them before and after. But at work? I'm slapping my dirty dong hands all over the place. 
All sorts of wrong. Yes, urine is sterile.

And if the skin on your member is intact, what exactly are you afraid of infecting yourself with, that you need to wash beforehand? Do you work a mop in a house of ill repute, where you're potentially coming in contact with megagonorrhea, or something? I'm aware people like you exist. It's why I'm meticulous about opening bathroom doors with paper towels, and washing my hands, when appropriate. Like after I take a leak.

All sorts of wrong. Yes, urine is sterile.

And if the skin on your member is intact, what exactly are you afraid of infecting yourself with, that you need to wash beforehand? Do you work a mop in a house of ill repute, where you're potentially coming in contact with megagonorrhea, or something? I'm aware people like you exist. It's why I'm meticulous about opening bathroom doors with paper towels, and washing my hands, when appropriate. Like after I take a leak.
You seem to be operating with some outdated knowledge. Here's an article for you.

I can see it being pretty gross if some of you are heavy sweaters, have a full on jungle down there, or don't shake it all out before you finish and end up with a soggy urine soaked tent for your boys to marinade, but for those with some otherwise good levels of hygiene it's not the big deal you seem to think.

I'm not afraid of infecting myself. I just like to keep myself from spreading layers of filth all over my body by washing my dirty hands before I handle my business. You seem to think there aren't germs and bacteria out there in the world even in an office. 

Wash after. If you want to wash before, fine. But washing after is important, because everything you touch in the bathroom has everyone’s dirty dong hands all over everything, and butt scratcher guy and “I got pretty much all of it on the toilet paper except this smear up the side of my hand” guy all touched stuff too. 

Wash- while soaping sing “happy birthday” twice (or give a good 30 sec scrub.) Wipe your hands and use the paper towel to turn off the water (this is a critical violation in a restaurant with the health dept if your employees turn off the water with bare hands) I also use it to open the door. Obviously air dryers are a different story. 

Also, if you don’t wash your hands in the bathroom when you have soap, water, towels, everything you need, when do you wash your hands? Think this was a Seinfeld joke but maybe someone else...

You seem to be operating with some outdated knowledge. Here's an article for you.

I can see it being pretty gross if some of you are heavy sweaters, have a full on jungle down there, or don't shake it all out before you finish and end up with a soggy urine soaked tent for your boys to marinade, but for those with some otherwise good levels of hygiene it's not the big deal you seem to think.

I'm not afraid of infecting myself. I just like to keep myself from spreading layers of filth all over my body by washing my dirty hands before I handle my business. You seem to think there aren't germs and bacteria out there in the world even in an office. 
Cool article, but, urine is sterile. The bladder and the tract that it follows to get to the urinal contains bacteria, most of it harmless, or even helpful. But urine itself is sterile.

And you should still wash your hands after touching your junk. Do you want to touch everyone's junk? Well, if everyone were to do what you did, you'd theoretically be touching everyone's junk every time you answered an office phone, opened a door, pushed a shopping cart thru Walmart, or pumped your gas. I don't want to touch anyone's junk. Wash your hands, you animals.

I wash during.

Snorkelson nailed it. Washing before means to me your hands are dirty, so you don't want to put dirty hands on the schvantz or flush handle for fear of getting them dirty from your hands. That's a considerate thing to do for your schvantz and flush handle... but doesn't help your hands after touching that flush handle that's been touched by every other disgusting dude who like used the same hand that held their junk. So now you've got nice clean hands to shake hands with other guys' junk. 

Cool article, but, urine is sterile. The bladder and the tract that it follows to get to the urinal contains bacteria, most of it harmless, or even helpful. But urine itself is sterile.

And you should still wash your hands after touching your junk. Do you want to touch everyone's junk? Well, if everyone were to do what you did, you'd theoretically be touching everyone's junk every time you answered an office phone, opened a door, pushed a shopping cart thru Walmart, or pumped your gas. I don't want to touch anyone's junk. Wash your hands, you animals.
Is it pee?

(Am I doing this right?)

My donger is clean so I wash afterwards to ensure that I have not touched anything too gross while in there.

Question - you weirdos who don't wash after, do you just grab the door handle on the way out to open the door with your bare hands?

Center for Disease Control recommends washing AFTER you pee, nothing about a before wash.  I figure I'm safe to assume they've investigated the issue more than I have.

I wash during.

Snorkelson nailed it. Washing before means to me your hands are dirty, so you don't want to put dirty hands on the schvantz or flush handle for fear of getting them dirty from your hands. That's a considerate thing to do for your schvantz and flush handle... but doesn't help your hands after touching that flush handle that's been touched by every other disgusting dude who like used the same hand that held their junk. So now you've got nice clean hands to shake hands with other guys' junk. 
Why does anyone bother flushing a urinal? If it's not one of those motion based flushers then it's not getting flushed. I'm not going to touch the handle that's gross. I might karate kick the thing depending how doable that is. But probably just leaving it. 

You foot-openers are pretty limber, huh?  I can barely lift my leg for a roundhouse (no precision required).  But to have to pinpoint my toe to fit in the handle would be pretty difficult.  What if it's a door knob?

I use hand sanitizer on my donger. Keeps it nice and clean. 

You do get some weird looks if someone else is using the other sink.

I have a theory that all the "wash before" guys turn into the old guys in the gym locker room using the haridryer to Leif Garrett their pubes.

Users who are viewing this thread