What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OG Members Check In (2 Viewers)

it would be cool if joehan or rudnarski could post the user list from numbers 1 through 99 or something take that to the bank brochachos
If I remember correctly, staff got the early numbers and a member couldn't get a number with less then three digits. If I recall there was even a smack talk contest and the winner got a three digit number that was held back (but maybe it was two digit)?

I think mine was in like 1200 area. :sadbanana:

Last edited:
Not sure anyone else is still around but loved playing the Diplomacy games on this site. Was a ton of fun. I know @SofaKings played and see him around once in awhile but everyone else who played seems to have left the site or unfortunately is no longer with us at all (Shining Path). We pulled off a win together in one of those games and he was a great guy.

Furley here, lost the old handle in a World Cup gambling betting ring. Two kids, one wife, 8 cats, 0 sex. Things are rocking and rolling pretty good, have a nice cellar going. Plenty of solid vintages highlighted by an ‘08 Ruination from Stone. Currently looking at a Mazda CX-5 to haul the kid’s mascot gear around, she’s a honeycomb for the local school.

Hope you’re well gb. 🍻
Wait, legit Furley, or actual Gator?

I hear you on no sex. But 8 cats Wtf?
Yes

For serious, Gator here. I am very confident in my cat numbers for my man Furley though.

For me, I’ve got a 22yo and a 19yo. Both in college figuring out what they want to do. Family life is great, just making our way through this maze.

Cheers gb, glad you’re well. 🍻
it's been over 16 years since gears of war was released, good times.
Every once in a while I scour YouTube for some of those gameplay videos. Wish I had bookmarked them

I believe I joined the board way back in 2004 but I do remember being here prior to that. I was part of an exodus from Ant Sports….remember that place? I think I was in 14 dynasty leagues in 2004. We are down to 1 these days lol.

I was 34 years young in 2004.

53 today still married (will be forever) and my son is turning 18 on the 23rd and headed off to play college baseball in Raleigh NC at William Peace University.

I love my field of work (wealth management) and don’t see my self ever stopping as long as my brain works. I love it too much.

Still jamming my guitar and my son is a killer ridiculous progressive rock drummer. We have a home studio/jam
room set up and have a session every weekend. I will miss those when he is off to college this Fall.

Life is good and I have no complaints other than all the rotten miserable people/drivers who have invaded my once beloved South Florida.

I will see where life is at in 7-8 years and decide if I will move outta Florida and head to North Carolina…..it’s the first time in my life I ever considered leaving South Florida…..it’s just not the same anymore.
Wealth Management! :hifive:

@Bogart who did I miss on my list?

Colin (or Abraham - former staff here)! Sorry, my friend.

Oh, and the physical therapist! She's not part of this group but was helping out with cos' parents, if I recall correctly. Once everyone arrived, I think she may have high-tailed it out of there. I don't blame her - get 20 Type A folks in one place, it'll tend to run hot.

I think you nailed it. Trying to play through all of the major events: bocce ball, cucumber vodka shots, BBQ half way across the state, making assets sweat, Whataburger at 3am, adorable dancing at the club, MMA fight, migas, someone leaving the group to go to a scrip club, Pappy Van Winkle (mixed with Coke for one of us), and can't remember any one not on your list there. But then my memory isn't what it used to be.
Pappy mixed with coke? WAT????

Oh, and the physical therapist! She's not part of this group but was helping out with cos' parents, if I recall correctly. Once everyone arrived, I think she may have high-tailed it out of there. I don't blame her - get 20 Type A folks in one place, it'll tend to run hot.

I think you nailed it. Trying to play through all of the major events: bocce ball, cucumber vodka shots, BBQ half way across the state, making assets sweat, Whataburger at 3am, adorable dancing at the club, MMA fight, migas, someone leaving the group to go to a scrip club, Pappy Van Winkle (mixed with Coke for one of us), and can't remember any one not on your list there. But then my memory isn't what it used to be.

Oh, it happened. I prefer not to divulge the name of the culprit, some of what happens at Coshole stays at Coshole. Back then I barely knew anything about bourbon whiskey (and I still have the taste palate of a five year old), but I knew that the two fingers I was poured was something special and I nursed that thing finishing it a sip at a time.

I believe I joined the board way back in 2004 but I do remember being here prior to that. I was part of an exodus from Ant Sports….remember that place? I think I was in 14 dynasty leagues in 2004. We are down to 1 these days lol.

I was 34 years young in 2004.

53 today still married (will be forever) and my son is turning 18 on the 23rd and headed off to play college baseball in Raleigh NC at William Peace University.

I love my field of work (wealth management) and don’t see my self ever stopping as long as my brain works. I love it too much.

Still jamming my guitar and my son is a killer ridiculous progressive rock drummer. We have a home studio/jam
room set up and have a session every weekend. I will miss those when he is off to college this Fall.

Life is good and I have no complaints other than all the rotten miserable people/drivers who have invaded my once beloved South Florida.

I will see where life is at in 7-8 years and decide if I will move outta Florida and head to North Carolina…..it’s the first time in my life I ever considered leaving South Florida…..it’s just not the same anymore.
Wealth Management! :hifive:
wealth management guys> hey :bye:

I’d hate to be a bachelor nowadays. Nobody needs to see double of what’s happening in my house rn.
You would clean up. Older guys are what's in now. Every 23 year old NYC chick wants a 45 year old divorcee with gray in their beard.
my 46 y.o. friend is fresh on the market. he sends me pics of his dates/girls in his steady rotation. it's luidicrous. he's just a regular guy and dating women in their early 30s that would have been out of his league 15 years ago.

Seems like I need to go back and read this thread, looks interesting. I was probably 5-10 years behind the coolest FBG generation but I have been here awhile. Please ignore all of my terrible political takes.

Early, I mostly lurked and commented. The first time I ever posted something significant of my own was a "Battle of the Bands" series of threads and polls. Must have been 20 years ago.

I posted at several message boards 15 years ago but this is the only one that stuck. That says something about this community and what Joe has helped to shape.

So having never actually cornholed with anyone here...what is the protocol? Do you go by user names or do you get to know and use real names? Some of them probably flow or are actually some variation of their real name but I feel like it would be odd to call someone GM or Disco Stu in person for any amount of time.

Just always wondered that. I had hoped to meet up with wikkid someday, but would have called him Dale at that point. I've had a handful of friends call me Jayrod from time to time, but it was never that common.
have met a good number of FBGs at this point. everyone just calls me "furley". :shrug:

What did Hack's dad call you?

Been around since the yellow board days, and definitely (vaguely) remember the change. I don’t recall if I was here on 9/11, but it’s possible. I spent the first couple of years in the SP, and eventually found my way over here.

I’ve never been a prolific poster, but have loved this place over the years. @Otis exploits with the HBFA (and the girl with the Mitsubishi symbol/mark of the devil for a belly button), @cosjobs poker endeavor, Ham’s weird deck of cards, Woz’s Hamline adventures, eat offs, onslaught… So many things. Long lost posters like EG, Larry, Bueno, Shining Path, Tim (just kidding). I even got to write the lyrics for a BradyFan tune (Drive For the Win).

Safe to say that this place also literally changed my life. When I changed careers and went to nursing school, @bigbottom’s journey with Chance’s illness, and posting of a video led me to pediatric oncology, and easily the most rewarding work I’ve ever done. I was weighed down with a feeling of having contributed nothing to this world, and having a need to make some kind of difference, and this path has given me that peace. So thank you, BB, for sharing during that time. Chance continues to change lives through not only the amazing work your foundation does, but even my minuscule part way over here in Georgia. And thanks to Joe for keeping my sporadic TO’s short (even the nonsense ones, of which they of course all were).

Sorry if this reads like a memorial…

Can we get a TLDR version of whatever all the longtime members are up to? Who's alive/who isn't? What's happening?

TLDR Otis: In the past 20 years, I got married, had 3 girls, moved to the suburbs, went from law firm associate to partner to senior partner, and now I'm dealing with a way too expensive whole house renovation, car pooling for swim meets, trying to stay in shape, and trying to keep it all together, despite doing absolutely nothing exciting. If you've been here a while, you know my old threads were *different*. Whatcha got?
I joined when FFToday did a Jihad on this place. I liked it better, so I stayed. I am not sure if i have logged in since 3-4 years ago. Is this the place that did Guess the Geek and some about Bert's dog?

• Love
Reactions: JAA
So having never actually cornholed with anyone here...what is the protocol? Do you go by user names or do you get to know and use real names? Some of them probably flow or are actually some variation of their real name but I feel like it would be odd to call someone GM or Disco Stu in person for any amount of time.

Just always wondered that. I had hoped to meet up with wikkid someday, but would have called him Dale at that point. I've had a handful of friends call me Jayrod from time to time, but it was never that common.
have met a good number of FBGs at this point. everyone just calls me "furley". :shrug:

What did Hack's dad call you?
:spitscoffee:

Been around since the yellow board days, and definitely (vaguely) remember the change. I don’t recall if I was here on 9/11, but it’s possible. I spent the first couple of years in the SP, and eventually found my way over here.

I’ve never been a prolific poster, but have loved this place over the years. @Otis exploits with the HBFA (and the girl with the Mitsubishi symbol/mark of the devil for a belly button), @cosjobs poker endeavor, Ham’s weird deck of cards, Woz’s Hamline adventures, eat offs, onslaught… So many things. Long lost posters like EG, Larry, Bueno, Shining Path, Tim (just kidding). I even got to write the lyrics for a BradyFan tune (Drive For the Win).

Safe to say that this place also literally changed my life. When I changed careers and went to nursing school, @bigbottom’s journey with Chance’s illness, and posting of a video led me to pediatric oncology, and easily the most rewarding work I’ve ever done. I was weighed down with a feeling of having contributed nothing to this world, and having a need to make some kind of difference, and this path has given me that peace. So thank you, BB, for sharing during that time. Chance continues to change lives through not only the amazing work your foundation does, but even my minuscule part way over here in Georgia. And thanks to Joe for keeping my sporadic TO’s short (even the nonsense ones, of which they of course all were).

hot damn, it's a little misty in here today

A+ @Tecumseh

Wow, this is amazing!

Oh, it happened. I prefer not to divulge the name of the culprit, some of what happens at Coshole stays at Coshole. Back then I barely knew anything about bourbon whiskey (and I still have the taste palate of a five year old), but I knew that the two fingers I was poured was something special and I nursed that thing finishing it a sip at a time.
Was it me? I remember teasing krista that I would mix it with grape soda or something, but much of that day is a fog :lol:

Was it me? I remember teasing krista that I would mix it with grape soda or something, but much of that day is a fog :lol:
Nope. Wasn't you, you are in the cloudy clear.

20 years sounds about right. Registered as fo shizzle back in the day. GM took a shot at typing my real name one time and butchered it ever so beautifully and my current username was born.

Moved back home to SA when my first daughter was 3 months old. She’s now a freshman at my alma mater (see avatar). Youngest daughter is almost 16.

Not quite an OG I guess but I have been on this board so long that I think I still believed in God when I joined. Thank you all for helping me fix that.

This board is awesome. Sincerely thankful for all the laughs and tears over the years.

Well ...

I've actually met about 30 guys via the 10K Thread over the years. This includes a few relay races (as @Sand and @gianmarco have referenced; also several years of a drinking/camping weekend with @2Young2BBald and his friends as we did an annual Dances With Dirt relay), doing some races with a couple Chicago-area guys, meeting other guys when they were in Chicago or I'm in their area, and deliberately driving to a Florida conference to meet a few others down south. Many years back, @mr. furley invited folks to come run a fundraising 5K his mom's school was hosting up in Wisconsin, and I drove up to meet him and run that race ...still fond memories of watching our guy get smoked by a 9-year-old in the final mile (...but also learning about the school).

The first guy I met was when I drove north to meet @gruecd for a race. So to the question - what's protocol? My quandary is that my first name is Richard, and I've always gone by D###. I felt it would seem a little weird to meet an internet guy and say "Hi! I'm D###!" So I borrowed my son's nickname, Wally, and use that for all my running encounters (including other runners I meet beyond the FBGs). The 10K guys all know me as Wally, which is fine. Funny story: some years after our first meeting, @gruecd came to town for a race and was staying at my place. He knocks on the door, and my son answers. Gruecd: "Is Wally home?" My son: ?? ("I'm Wally, and I don't know this big dude. Oh, that's right, dad uses 'Wally' for his internet buddies.") "Sure, come on in."

20 years sounds about right. Registered as fo shizzle back in the day. GM took a shot at typing my real name one time and butchered it ever so beautifully and my current username was born.

Moved back home to SA when my first daughter was 3 months old. She’s now a freshman at my alma mater (see avatar). Youngest daughter is almost 16.

Not quite an OG I guess but I have been on this board so long that I think I still believed in God when I joined. Thank you all for helping me fix that.

This board is awesome. Sincerely thankful for all the laughs and tears over the years.

Buck brought an iced cake to Coshole and it was in that moment I knew we would be best friends.

Buck brought an iced cake to Coshole and it was in that moment I knew we would be best friends.

May all your dream come true

I remember making it clear to the ice cream cake artist that the typo was in fact intentional and essential.

I remember making it clear to the ice cream cake artist that the typo was in fact intentional and essential.

Too bad it all melted by the time we got back from BBQ in Oklahoma.

So I borrowed my son's nickname, Wally, and use that for all my running encounters (including other runners I meet beyond the FBGs). The 10K guys all know me as Wally, which is fine. Funny story: some years after our first meeting, @gruecd came to town for a race and was staying at my place. He knocks on the door, and my son answers. Gruecd: "Is Wally home?" My son: ?? ("I'm Wally, and I don't know this big dude. Oh, that's right, dad uses 'Wally' for his internet buddies.") "Sure, come on in."
Your wife gave me a strange look when we had dinner and I called you Wally. She explained you really go by D###. I was conflicted the rest of the evening which name to use. :lmao: Good times!

Many years back, @mr. furley invited folks to come run a fundraising 5K his mom's school was hosting up in Wisconsin, and I drove up to meet him and run that race ...still fond memories of watching our guy get smoked by a 9-year-old in the final mile (...but also learning about the school).
my first ever race :wub:

and as i recall, that kid had wheels!

Users who are viewing this thread