What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Washington Redskins 2014 Thread (In-Season) (1 Viewer)

The guy had a nice game going the 3rd quarter. It's like he just implodes all of a sudden. When the interceptions come, they come in bunches.

Hopefully he can clean up his act and eliminate the mistakes. I mean, he still threw for 354 against a very good defense on the road. The potential is there.
This has been the issue with Cousins. Once things start not going his way, he doesn't know how to deal with adversity and get back on track. He cost the Skins the game in this one.

Gruden's looking at changing the lineup, but not changing the starting QB.

That might be the most depressing things I've heard in awhile. "Mr. Johnson, you have cancer. Here's an antibiotic for your infected cut, and let's clean out that ear wax while you're here."
I kinda see his point. What does starting McCoy accomplish? This team isn't going anywhere at 1-5. Not with the Eagles and Cowboys playing the way they are.

T‏@TMM7524 mins24 minutes ago

@HTTR24_7 Former colleague that knows Jay realllly well told me yesterday he "feels moves he wants to make are overruled, frustrated"
What moves though? Maybe firing Haz?

I don't really see any personnel moves right now that would help this team. Does starting McCoy over Cousins save this season? Probably not.
Yeah, not sure. Maybe they aren't even personnel moves, but some other types of "moves". The point, though, seems to be that, once again, a head coach isn't be allowed to be a head coach.

@HTTR24_7 Former colleague that knows Jay realllly well told me yesterday he "feels moves he wants to make are overruled, frustrated"
What moves though? Maybe firing Haz?

I don't really see any personnel moves right now that would help this team. Does starting McCoy over Cousins save this season? Probably not.
Yeah, not sure. Maybe they aren't even personnel moves, but some other types of "moves". The point, though, seems to be that, once again, a head coach isn't be allowed to be a head coach.
This organization i just a mess and it starts at the top with Snyder.

It seems that he has stepped away in recent years, but his problem is that he hires his buddies and his buddies hire their buddies. We basically have the Tampa Bay Bucaneers staff from the mid-00's. Not exactly a great track record there. Until Snyder gets an actual GM to take over and not just a yes man, this will always be the state of this franchise.

One thing I thought is odd: Griffin is always referred to as a young QB needing to learn X, Y, and Z. Gruden will take his lumps while Griffin learns. And so on.

Cousins come in and no one talks about Cousins being young and needing to learn. Everyone acts like he is a veteran QB and he is done developing.

Griffin and Cousins have been in the NFL the same amount of time. Griffin has started many more games than Cousins.

I think it was stupid of everyone to think Cousins is a polished player and he could step in immediately and be a great QB. It does happen sometimes, but very rarely. Did everyone really think Cousins wouldn't have a learning curve in the NFL?

Last edited by a moderator:

I am a little concerned about this. Bruce Allen does have final say on the personnel, so if Gruden wants to bring in different players, he could be easily overruled on that.

I am not sure how playing time decision are made. I could see the GM having a role in that.

Marvelous said:
One thing I thought is odd: Griffin is always referred to as a young QB needing to learn X, Y, and Z. Gruden will take his lumps while Griffin learns. And so on.

Cousins come in and no one talks about Cousins being young and needing to learn. Everyone acts like he is a veteran QB and he is done developing.

Griffin and Cousins have been in the NFL the same amount of time. Griffin has started many more games than Cousins.

I think it was stupid of everyone to think Cousins is a polished player and he could step in immediately and be a great QB. It does happen sometimes, but very rarely. Did everyone really think Cousins wouldn't have a learning curve in the NFL?
Agree. Anyone who was backing Cousins as the future really shouldn't be jumping ship yet.

However, there were claims that, "Cousins is better right now and is currently a better fit for the system." So, at the very least, people need to back off that claim.

Actually, my biggest concern is how bad the Redskins are running the football. Of course, I am an Alfred Morris owner.

But Gruden inherited a good running game and he said he would keep it the same. But the play calling does not emphasize it. And lately, they have been so bad, they cannot emphasize it.

dgreen said:

Same old mess every year. Interesting side note, if you read through his tweets he claims Jay wanted Cousins to start week 1 - says he didn't think Griffin was ready.

For those on twitter both of the accounts dgreen quoted are really good for Skins insight.

dgreen said:

Same old mess every year. Interesting side note, if you read through his tweets he claims Jay wanted Cousins to start week 1 - says he didn't think Griffin was ready.

For those on twitter both of the accounts dgreen quoted are really good for Skins insight.
Well, it doesn't look like Cosuins was the right answer.

Actually, my biggest concern is how bad the Redskins are running the football. Of course, I am an Alfred Morris owner.

But Gruden inherited a good running game and he said he would keep it the same. But the play calling does not emphasize it. And lately, they have been so bad, they cannot emphasize it.
For the last 2 weeks Helu has been on the field for more plays than Morris.

Think about that. Helu, an average back on good days, is on the field more than one of the best backs in the NFL the last 2 years. Gruden's so intent on his passing offense that he's taking a better player off the field and putting worse one on the field. And neglecting the run game, which is what the Skins are best built to do, in favor of drop back passing.

So little of Cousin's passing yards last week came on the actual passes, and so much came on runs after the catch. His 320-some yards is really misleading, and he had an even worse game than it initially appeared. He threw frequently to the wrong place when not pressured.

The guy is regressing. The team is regressing. There were more missed assignments last week than any other week according to Cooley. Plays were put in that hadn't been run before and that the players weren't well-equipped to run.

They need to run the ball like they used to. And apparently Gruden's too smart to see that.

I do think we're 1-2 games away from Gruden starting to lose the team, by the way. 1 or 2 more games where these disasters keep happening. Players will start checking out.

dgreen said:

I am a little concerned about this. Bruce Allen does have final say on the personnel, so if Gruden wants to bring in different players, he could be easily overruled on that.

I am not sure how playing time decision are made. I could see the GM having a role in that.
The GM should have no say in playing time.

More importantly, I'm concerned about what dgreen posted also. My guess is that's he's talking moves he wants to make regarding defense and perhaps regarding who starts on the O-line. Haslett seems unchanging and untouchable for some unknown Twilight Zone reason. And Lauvao and Chester and Polumbus have been pretty sub-par.

Watching Cousins regress a bit more each week is like watching the career of David Carr, all speeded up. I think his confidence is shot, his knowledge of what to do shuts off earlier and earlier, and he doesn't know how to stop it.

Now, the point is not that Shanahan did a job worth defending. He didn’t. The point is what this says about the culture in Ashburn. If these are the sorts of things being said in the open, imagine the daggers plunged behind closed doors. But the real point is that this is what a very nice, well-meaning, seemingly talented, but not very empowered coach named Jay Gruden can expect going forward.Disloyalty and unraveling, these are the hallmarks of Snyder’s ownership: Vinny Cerrato never missed a chance to cut up Jim Zorn. As the team starts to slide, there is a parade of tattletales and second-guessers who complain into the too-willing ear of the owner, and the head coach leaves not just a failure, but damaged.

Meanwhile, some of the wrong people are retained.

Explain, please, how Haslett could have been rehired from last year’s staff

ouch

Marvelous said:

Define "everyone"? All I saw was experts and fans claiming Cousins was a better fit for the offense, is a better passer than RG3, a more finished product, etc, etc. That's why you see comments about RG3 still needing to learn. One was pegged as the read-option QB that needed to learn a pro style pocket offense. The other was deemed custom made for the system and ready to go. I don't think anyone expected him to be great, at least anyone who followed the Redskins with any interest. We all pretty much knew what was going to happen and it did. Did we hope it would have been better? Of course, it just didn't work out.

fatness said:
I do think we're 1-2 games away from Gruden starting to lose the team, by the way. 1 or 2 more games where these disasters keep happening. Players will start checking out.
I'm gonna give Gruden the benefit of the doubt here. First year coach, suffered injury to starting QB and lots of losses on defense. He's shown the ability to adapt his offense to his skill players in Cincy so I think he's learning what he can/can't do now. I think he would run it more if the Skins could stay on schedule during a game, but they've ended up having to throw a lot more than expected.

I'd like to see wholesale changes on the defensive side of the staff...so hopefully Gruden's comments were referring to that and it will be addressed in the offseason.

I'm gonna give Gruden the benefit of the doubt here. First year coach, suffered injury to starting QB and lots of losses on defense. He's shown the ability to adapt his offense to his skill players in Cincy so I think he's learning what he can/can't do now. I think he would run it more if the Skins could stay on schedule during a game, but they've ended up having to throw a lot more than expected.
I'll disagree in part. He showed that in Cincinnati. He hasn't shown that here so far. He calls a couple first or second down runs in the first quarter or two, then abandons the run in favor of a passing game run by Cousins. Meanwhile Helu is on the field more, botching pass blocks (3 last Sunday), and the Skins fall gradually further behind. Gruden doesn't go back to plays that work.

He has spent entirely too much time focusing on QB play and on the offense instead of being a head coach. The defense and ST are doing badly and he does nothing. And his passing offense gives the ball to Kirk Cousins (who gives it to the other team) instead of to Alfred Morris.

There's little or nothing there that shows he knows what to do and how to adapt to his players in Washington so far.

fatness said:
Marvelous said:
dgreen said:

The GM should have no say in playing time.

More importantly, I'm concerned about what dgreen posted also. My guess is that's he's talking moves he wants to make regarding defense and perhaps regarding who starts on the O-line. Haslett seems unchanging and untouchable for some unknown Twilight Zone reason. And Lauvao and Chester and Polumbus have been pretty sub-par.
As mentioned above, this TMM75 person said one of the moves Gruden wanted was to start Cousins week 1. While I have general concerns about hiring a coach and then not letting him coach, I don't think it's right to say the GM should have no say in playing time. I think something like that can happen in a right way or a wrong way.

I'm confident Griffin was a huge part of discussions during the interview process. I'd guess part of the reason Gruden was selected was because of how he answered questions regarding Griffin. In other words, if it's true that Gruden wanted to start Cousins week 1, I could see Allen saying, "But you said you'd do X, Y, and Z with Robert. Part of our hiring decision was how you said you'd build an offense around his skills. Why do you want to change that now?" If the answer isn't good enough, then I can see a GM legitimately saying, "Sorry, you're starting Griffin and you need to make it work for now."

Of course, I'm not going to be surprised if it happened differently and I admit there are hypothetical scenarios where I'd say Allen overstepped his bounds.

Last I saw, we're actually a 5 point favorite this week. Just how bad is Tennessee? Yeah, we're bad, too. We all need to admit that we're one of those teams. But, in a weird way, I'm thinking that spread seems about right and I actually have some confidence going into Sunday. I'm such a freaking homer.

I'll disagree in part. He showed that in Cincinnati. He hasn't shown that here so far. He calls a couple first or second down runs in the first quarter or two, then abandons the run in favor of a passing game run by Cousins. Meanwhile Helu is on the field more, botching pass blocks (3 last Sunday), and the Skins fall gradually further behind. Gruden doesn't go back to plays that work.

He has spent entirely too much time focusing on QB play and on the offense instead of being a head coach. The defense and ST are doing badly and he does nothing. And his passing offense gives the ball to Kirk Cousins (who gives it to the other team) instead of to Alfred Morris.

There's little or nothing there that shows he knows what to do and how to adapt to his players in Washington so far.
That's fair, but he is 6 weeks in his first head gig and was hit with some adversity with injuries. He's also never had to pay attention to the other aspects of a team so we could be experiencing his growing pains as a head coach. I will admit his lack of sticking to the running game at times is baffling, but it happens to even the veteran of coaches. I'd also imagine he'd prefer an all around RB like Giovanni, but Alf is more BJGE than Gio. Helu adds more of a run/pass option perhaps whereas Alf is almost purely a 2 down player.

Again pure speculation on my part. I have faith in Gruden's ability to coach offense so I'm not overly worried about that side of the ball. The INTs have to be killing him too. What's the best way to keep those down? Running the ball :) I think they'll be able to stay on schedule this upcoming game so let's see if Alf can break 100 this week.

Last I saw, we're actually a 5 point favorite this week. Just how bad is Tennessee? Yeah, we're bad, too. We all need to admit that we're one of those teams. But, in a weird way, I'm thinking that spread seems about right and I actually have some confidence going into Sunday. I'm such a freaking homer.
Certainly a game we can win. I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled out a win this week. Also wouldn't be shocked if they found a way to lose.

fatness said:

For the last 2 weeks Helu has been on the field for more plays than Morris.

Think about that. Helu, an average back on good days, is on the field more than one of the best backs in the NFL the last 2 years. Gruden's so intent on his passing offense that he's taking a better player off the field and putting worse one on the field. And neglecting the run game, which is what the Skins are best built to do, in favor of drop back passing.

So little of Cousin's passing yards last week came on the actual passes, and so much came on runs after the catch. His 320-some yards is really misleading, and he had an even worse game than it initially appeared. He threw frequently to the wrong place when not pressured.

The guy is regressing. The team is regressing. There were more missed assignments last week than any other week according to Cooley. Plays were put in that hadn't been run before and that the players weren't well-equipped to run.

They need to run the ball like they used to. And apparently Gruden's too smart to see that.
Is Gruden the next Jason Garrett?

BTW, Dallas' offense is much more balanced and more effective now that Garrett has turned the offense over to Linehan. It amazes me sometimes that Owners/GM's hire head coaches and let them basically remain coordinator over either the offense or the defense. To me this inhibits their growth as head coaches as they usually only have time to focus on one side of the football.

T @TMM75 · 8h 8 hours ago

I know Jay Gruden likes McVay, and with reason, but does it concern no one else keeping him was Bruce's call?

Same with Raheem. Not that Gruden wouldn't have kept either but it's kind of like Zorn again where HC can't pick his staff.
Am I the only one here who thinks that, despite Gruden being smarter and less loopy, things are starting to get a bit Zornish?
On the radio yesterday, they were reviewing Redskin low-lights since Snyder took over. When talking about Zorn, Cooley mentioned that a rookie HC hiring a rookie OC is a bad combination. Get someone who has done it before to make you look better.

I only heard part of the low lights, but started thinking: Jay Gruden = rookie HC. Sean McVay = rookie OC. Hmmmm.

I know Jay Gruden likes McVay, and with reason, but does it concern no one else keeping him was Bruce's call?

Same with Raheem. Not that Gruden wouldn't have kept either but it's kind of like Zorn again where HC can't pick his staff.
Am I the only one here who thinks that, despite Gruden being smarter and less loopy, things are starting to get a bit Zornish?
On the radio yesterday, they were reviewing Redskin low-lights since Snyder took over. When talking about Zorn, Cooley mentioned that a rookie HC hiring a rookie OC is a bad combination. Get someone who has done it before to make you look better.

I only heard part of the low lights, but started thinking: Jay Gruden = rookie HC. Sean McVay = rookie OC. Hmmmm.
Yeah, but on the bright side, Hasslet is a veteran.

Right? :lol:

Certainly a game we can win. I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled out a win this week. Also wouldn't be shocked if they found a way to lose.
At this point, we should not be favored in any game we play, unless we are facing the Jags or perhaps the Raiders.

That said, we absolutely can win this game IF we eliminate turnovers. Seattle and Arizon on paper are much better than Tennessee and we were at least competitive, so sure, why not...we could win this game.

However, as you say, we tend to find ways to lose in the worst ways. For instance, it's been a few weeks since we've given up a kick return for a touchdown.

Like a fool, I will get my hopes up and will be watching in hopes of a win this week.

Marvelous said:

Define "everyone"? All I saw was experts and fans claiming Cousins was a better fit for the offense, is a better passer than RG3, a more finished product, etc, etc. That's why you see comments about RG3 still needing to learn. One was pegged as the read-option QB that needed to learn a pro style pocket offense. The other was deemed custom made for the system and ready to go. I don't think anyone expected him to be great, at least anyone who followed the Redskins with any interest. We all pretty much knew what was going to happen and it did. Did we hope it would have been better? Of course, it just didn't work out.
Take a look at all the comments fatness posted from "Experts" yesterday. Theisman, Cowher, and Kiper never mentioned Cousins was young, inexperienced, or has a learning curve playing in the NFL. They all made it sound like he was ready to start and excel. I don't think I ever heard Gruden mention it either. He did say earlier that Griffin would take time to learn in the preseason.

Marvelous said:

Agree. Anyone who was backing Cousins as the future really shouldn't be jumping ship yet.

However, there were claims that, "Cousins is better right now and is currently a better fit for the system." So, at the very least, people need to back off that claim.
Before week 1, we thought we might have had 2 starting caliber QBs. Now, we don't know if we even have one starting QB.

As Jason Reid points out in the Washington Post this week, the main thing to do the remainder of this season is see what you have in Griffin. Can he be the starting QB for the Redskins? If not, as amazing as it sounds, we may be looking at drafting another QB within the next 2 years.

In terms of pointing out that Cousins is young and learning, I think that is a fair point. It's true, we kept hearing over and over, Griffin is young, give him time. No such slack for Cousins. Fair point from dgreen that original proclamations of his being NFL-ready need to be amended. That said, it is indeed interesting to see Cousins getting almost no time from the fans to "learn the ropes." Heck, Bryan Mitchell on the radio saying we "have to treat Cousins like Griffin" and therefore put Colt McCoy in. And yet, Griffin has never lost his job due to performance and certainly was not yanked after 3 bad games. But in Mitchell's mind, that is "equal treatment."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Cousins. The dude has been a turnover machine and needs to cut it the f out already! I also do believe -- now that we've seen Kurt -- we have to get Griffin back in as soon as it's safe and see what he's got. But, it is interesting that among fans and commentators there are not many who truly evaluate these players evenly...

For everyone saying,

-- Cousins completely stinks..start Colt McCoy

-- Gruden is not the answer, let's rethink if he can be head coach after 5 games.

-- etc.

Remember this is the EXACT criticism leveled at Little Danny early in his tenure. Knee jerk reactions, jettisoning coaches and plans before the proper time, zig zagging and changing directions until we have no continuity.

etc.

Regarding the two points above:

1. We have already seen enough of Cousins to know that Griffin should get his job back when he's healthy. We have NOT seen enough to determine we should go with Colt McCoy as the primary backup to Griffin. Just as we said, "play Griff so he can learn," play Cousins until Griff gets back to see if he can eliminate the turnovers. We aint going to the playoffs guys. We have more to gain by helping him work this out so that he can be a good backup to Griff.

2. Gruden -- so he's off to a rocky start as a coach, but come on guys, you are putting the nail in the coffin here way too soon. Do you think you can at least give him one season before saying he's not the answer? I really hope that Dan Snyder is not looking at Gruden like the fans are or we will have a new coach next year and more misery due to lack of continuity...

Take a look at all the comments fatness posted from "Experts" yesterday. Theisman, Cowher, and Kiper never mentioned Cousins was young, inexperienced, or has a learning curve playing in the NFL. They all made it sound like he was ready to start and excel. I don't think I ever heard Gruden mention it either. He did say earlier that Griffin would take time to learn in the preseason.
A lot of these old school types have a real glaring preference for traditional pocket QBs, even if they aren't necessarily that good - I think a lot of them associate the mobile QBs with Vick and they like to typecast anyone that can run as unable to pass, injury prone (which Griffin seems to be), and turnover machines. Kirk has absolutely shown flashes, but it seems like a lot of the sentiment was rooted in anti-Robert sentiment along with being pro-Kirk.

Cousins doesn't have as much to learn because he's been a Pro system QB his whole life. He's a better fit for Gruden's pro-type system.

RG3 both at Baylor and in Redskins year 1 did not run typical NFL sets. And his time at Baylor was in a system that has proven not to work in the NFL. Now I would argue that maybe some college trickery should be used in the NFL...look at the Eagles, 49ers, and Seahawks. Those coaches picked up some things coaching in College that have translated to the NFL, and those teams are fun to watch. The coaches are enthusiastic. They are creative. They are the anti-Tom Coughlin. I have no doubt that if RG3 were paired with the correct coach he could be very successful.

Cousins doesn't have as much to learn because he's been a Pro system QB his whole life. He's a better fit for Gruden's pro-type system.

RG3 both at Baylor and in Redskins year 1 did not run typical NFL sets. And his time at Baylor was in a system that has proven not to work in the NFL. Now I would argue that maybe some college trickery should be used in the NFL...look at the Eagles, 49ers, and Seahawks. Those coaches picked up some things coaching in College that have translated to the NFL, and those teams are fun to watch. The coaches are enthusiastic. They are creative. They are the anti-Tom Coughlin. I have no doubt that if RG3 were paired with the correct coach he could be very successful.
The weird thing is, Kyle Shannarat actually did design a offense that took advantage of Robert's skills. If you kept part of that offense and just tweaked it so that Robert was protecting himself more, then you might have something.

Remember the big injury he got vs. Baltimore was NOT a designed run but an improvised scramble on Robert's part. That injury did not come as a result of Kyle calling up a designed running play.

Yeah, but on the bright side, Hasslet is a veteran.

Right? :lol:
You should be beaten with sticks for this.

:lol:

Marvelous said:

I agree with the main point of this post, but my concern with Cousins is that it is the same things he struggled with in college are the ones that are plaguing him still in the NFL. Namely quick decision making and handling pocket pressure.

Marvelous said:

I agree with the main point of this post, but my concern with Cousins is that it is the same things he struggled with in college are the ones that are plaguing him still in the NFL. Namely quick decision making and handling pocket pressure.
I think Cousins does make quick decisions, it's just that they're too quick. He doesn't take his time to let plays develop or let guys get open. Yes, it's nice he has a quick release, but it doesn't always lead to better passes.

The weird thing is, Kyle Shannarat actually did design a offense that took advantage of Robert's skills. If you kept part of that offense and just tweaked it so that Robert was protecting himself more, then you might have something.

Remember the big injury he got vs. Baltimore was NOT a designed run but an improvised scramble on Robert's part. That injury did not come as a result of Kyle calling up a designed running play.
Now picture that offense from 2 years ago, with an increased ability to use straight dropback passing, and you really do have something. The linemen are mostly the same. The RB's are the same. The WR's are better. Why the #### is this not what we're doing?

I'm really concerned Gruden wants a Bernard in the backfield. Helu is nowhere near Bernard in ability and never will be. I'm concerned he wants a Dalton at QB. Cousins is nowhere near Dalton in ability and never will be. I'm concerned that Gruden hasn't, and may not, adjust.

Joe. Gibbs. changed. his. entire. offensive. approach. in. order. to. win. by. doing. what. the. players. did. best.

What's Gruden gonna do?

So far it seems like he has 2 players who were awesome rookies only 2 years ago, and he doesn't want them.

Now, we don't know if we even have one starting QB.
I think I'm likely in the minority here, but I'm confident we do have one.
I think Griffin can be a starting QB but they are gonna have to let him run some and he's going to have to be willing to do it.

To me, what will make watching the rest of the season bearable is watching whether we can put him in a position to succeed. If we can accomplish that, by the end of the year, believe it or not, this season will not have been a waste...

Now picture that offense from 2 years ago, with an increased ability to use straight dropback passing, and you really do have something. The linemen are mostly the same. The RB's are the same. The WR's are better. Why the #### is this not what we're doing?

I'm really concerned Gruden wants a Bernard in the backfield. Helu is nowhere near Bernard in ability and never will be. I'm concerned he wants a Dalton at QB. Cousins is nowhere near Dalton in ability and never will be. I'm concerned that Gruden hasn't, and may not, adjust.

Joe. Gibbs. changed. his. entire. offensive. approach. in. order. to. win. by. doing. what. the. players. did. best.

What's Gruden gonna do?

So far it seems like he has 2 players who were awesome rookies only 2 years ago, and he doesn't want them.
I have no idea what Gruden will do, but if he is any kind of football mind, he'll adjust his scheme to the talent he has. As you have stated, that is what great coaches do. I keep thinking: John Fox won with Tebow...and he is winning with Manning. (If fact, he won with Jake Freakin Delholme and a Redskins RB who was cast off...)

I guess, it's so early in Gruden's DC tenure I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. To be fair, he was starting to put in some running plays. Vs. Jax, didn't Griff have two called read option runs early on? So, I think we have to give him the chance.

If we are looking at Griff being pure pocket guy this time next year, then yeah, it's time to question Gruden. But, I do think he can do it. We just gotta get Robert back healthy in there first.....

On a lighter note

Same here.
Which one? I think we do, but it's Cousins. He is a gunslinger. He can be built around. We need a Defense and a better OL, and then I think Cousins will look good. His INTs are coming late in games, and that's because the opponent can sit on the pass and eventually a QB of his sage will make a mistake. I also think Gruden abandons the run whenever he is behind. Rookie coach mistake to panic too early in game.

On a lighter note, Fred Smoot is ####### hilarious. In his words, it's all about the fatboys.

On a lighter note

Same here.
Which one? I think we do, but it's Cousins. He is a gunslinger. He can be built around. We need a Defense and a better OL, and then I think Cousins will look good. His INTs are coming late in games, and that's because the opponent can sit on the pass and eventually a QB of his sage will make a mistake. I also think Gruden abandons the run whenever he is behind. Rookie coach mistake to panic too early in game.

On a lighter note, Fred Smoot is ####### hilarious. In his words, it's all about the fatboys.
I dunno. I just don't see it Cousins. He can rack up the yards, but when we need him to step up the most, he chokes. Did it in Philly, did it against the Giants and did it last week in Arizona. You can't throw late INTs in this league and expect to be a starter long.

Coach Jay Gruden confirmed Robert Griffin III (ankle) will be the Redskins' starting quarterback once he's cleared and "ready physically and mentally."

Gruden said that could happen in one week, or it could be five weeks. But it's clear at the moment RGIII is going to get the starts under center in Washington once healthy. Kirk Cousins has "led" the Redskins to four consecutive losses, but there's always a chance he could catch fire and force Gruden to keep him in the lineup. The chances of that happening are minimal, as Cousins is a turnover machine and has never shown the ability to win games at the NFL level. There remains a chance Griffin could be back before the Week 10 bye.

Users who are viewing this thread