What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official*** Trevor Siemian latest to pilot the Jets! (1 Viewer)

I was afraid to trust Wentz, T. Hill did great things for me last year.  Dropped Wentz for Hill.  Brady is my main QB so just needed to not screw up this week.  :wall:  So now, Trevor, Tyrod or Danny Jones.  Did I mention?   :wall:  

The_Fonz said:
I was afraid to trust Wentz, T. Hill did great things for me last year.  Dropped Wentz for Hill.  Brady is my main QB so just needed to not screw up this week.  :wall:  So now, Trevor, Tyrod or Danny Jones.  Did I mention?   :wall:  
Full disclosure—I apologize in advance if I give you the wrong advice. I often will give fantasy advice with the best intentions and somehow it ends up being incorrect—so don’t put much weight to anything that I say. First of all—I’m not sure how you had less faith in Wentz than a guy coming off one of the more brutal concussions we’ve seen in a while.  Out of the guys you mention—I think I’d go Daniel Jones just because his running ability should give him some upside that you won’t get with the other guys. Good luck. 

Onto my Siemian take—I’m in a tough boat and I think I need to start him.  I made the lovely mistake of drafting only 2 qb’s in my superflex league—and they are darnold and mahomes.  Darnold is looking dinged up and very hard to trust this week.  Because of this—I thought things through and common sense told me that I should bid a lot of my faab on Trevor. I bid 400 bucks out of 1000–thinking there would be a lot of competition to get him in a 12 team league—and there were other bids—but the next highest bid was like 150. I certainly misplayed that situation. 

My gut instinct was this:  As stated above—Hills concussion looked to be brutal. Was a really bad hit—and the fact that he only started practicing a couple days ago after getting concussed almost a month ago—was a bit telling.  Secondly—the reason why Hill is a dynamic qb is because of his running ability and his ability to be used even as a TE.  While this is great—the rules that protect qb’s for the most part get thrown out the window when qb’s run or receive.  Just feels like using Hill in that capacity coming off of a brutal concussion seems really risky and unnecessary.  Thirdly—the Saints should not need massively good qb play to beat the falcons.  The Saints are effectively a running and defensive team that can mix in some passing when needed.   I’d like to think that they must believe that even if Siemian plays average to adequate—that they would like their chances of winning this week—and wouldn’t need to risk Hill. 

With all of that said—Payton saying that Siemian will start but Hill will be involved scares me.  I feel like common sense and logic should make me feel more comfortable about starting Siemian—-but Payton is not a “run of the mill” coach.  I would have thought that a proclamation that he was starting this week would instill confidence in me—and it has kinda done the opposite.  Is anybody else in a similar type of situation?

Last edited by a moderator:
The_Fonz said:
Tough group to chose from but I would go with Danny.

Trevor Siemian completed 25-of-41 passes for 249 yards and two touchdowns in the Saints' 27-25, Week 9 loss to the Falcons. 

With the Saints adjusting to life without Jameis Winston, Siemian ceded surprisingly few snaps to Taysom Hill. The Saints' all-purpose backup ended up attempting only two throws. For his part, Siemian didn't make any big plays, but he did find three separate pass catchers for 20-plus yard completions. That was as he dealt with some drops and miscues from what is probably the league's least-talented receiver corps. It was basically what should have been expected from a low-on-talent but playing-for-Sean Payton fill-in. QB2/superflex value is going to be difficult to come by, especially as Hill's involvement potentially increases going forward. Hill entered today coming off a lengthy absence with a concussion. All that being said, the Titans are a friendly Week 10 matchup.

- NBC SportsEDGE

Quick question for anybody that watched todays game. Did Siemian look serviceable today?  I got what I needed from him as my second qb in place of Darnold today but needless to say—I’m hoping he keeps his job for at least another week—as Darnold is not trustable at this point.  Did Trevor play well enough to start the next game—or did losing to the Falcons cost him the job?

Quick question for anybody that watched todays game. Did Siemian look serviceable today?  I got what I needed from him as my second qb in place of Darnold today but needless to say—I’m hoping he keeps his job for at least another week—as Darnold is not trustable at this point.  Did Trevor play well enough to start the next game—or did losing to the Falcons cost him the job?
There are things that Siemian does well but he is very limited. Not the strongest arm, just mobile enough but you don't want him running and he isn't going to create nothing out of something. It's kinda why the FOX guys were surprised we didn't see more of Taysom Hill, who promptly drove the ball downfield with authority his first couple of attempts.

Saints head coach Sean Payton said he didn't consider benching Trevor Siemian in the team's Week 9 loss to the Falcons. 

Siemian struggled throughout the first half, with Saints receivers making critical drops and offensive linemen committing drive-killing penalties. Payton said it was always the plan to work Taysom Hill into the offense. Hill subbed in for Siemian in the second half, threw two passes and recorded a rush before Siemian re-entered the game. The Athletic's Katherine Terrell expects Payton to keep his Week 10 starting QB a state secret until late in the week, just as he did against Atlanta. Hill should be rostered in 12-team leagues in case he gets the nod against an exploitable Tennessee defense. 

RELATED: 

Taysom Hill

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Nov 9, 2021, 11:40 AM ET

NewOrleans.com's Nick Underhill said Trevor Siemian's Week 11 "performance was bad enough that it is fair to wonder if it would be wise to make a change at the position."

Underhill conceded it's unlikely head coach Sean Payton will make the switch to Taysom Hill on a short week (the Saints play Buffalo on Thanksgiving). Hill has struggled with a foot injury and did not have a touch in the Saints' Week 11 loss to the Eagles, which saw Siemian complete 55 percent of his passes for 212 yards and three garbage time touchdowns. He tossed two costly interceptions, including one returned for a touchdown. Siemian had at least a couple more passes than should have been picked off by Philly's secondary. When the Saints fall behind, the game-managing Siemian has almost no chance of success. The Bills defense will be an elite fantasy option in Week 12 if Siemian gets the start. 

RELATED: 

Taysom Hill

SOURCE: NewOrleans.football 

Nov 22, 2021, 11:53 AM ET

With so little happening in the NFL this month I'm not sure how this got missed but...

TREVOR SIEMIANQB, CHICAGO BEARS

Bears signed QB Trevor Siemian, formerly of the Saints, to a two-year contract.

Siemian hasn't won a game as a starter since 2017, though he did manage a couple of wins in relief of Jameis Winston last year. Nick Foles and Siemian should battle for the No. 2 job. Neither will be the same kind of threat that Andy Dalton was to Justin Fields last year. This is good, if expected, news for Fields. 

There is no official word yet if elway is spiking this news in the face of twitter critics like the good 'ol days....

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/09/26/john-elway-trevor-siemian-criticism-twitter-reply

With so little happening in the NFL this month I'm not sure how this got missed but...

TREVOR SIEMIANQB, CHICAGO BEARS

Bears signed QB Trevor Siemian, formerly of the Saints, to a two-year contract.

Siemian hasn't won a game as a starter since 2017, though he did manage a couple of wins in relief of Jameis Winston last year. Nick Foles and Siemian should battle for the No. 2 job. Neither will be the same kind of threat that Andy Dalton was to Justin Fields last year. This is good, if expected, news for Fields. 

There is no official word yet if elway is spiking this news in the face of twitter critics like the good 'ol days....

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/09/26/john-elway-trevor-siemian-criticism-twitter-reply
Bears undefeated?

I'm starting to wonder if maybe Nagy/Pace wasn't so bad. Bears offseason doesn't feel like it could be going any worse so far. 

I'm starting to wonder if maybe Nagy/Pace wasn't so bad. Bears offseason doesn't feel like it could be going any worse so far. 
Nagy definitely was THAT bad. Possibly should have kept Pace though. This off season could not possibly be less exciting for a Bears fan.

Trevor Siemian injured his oblique in pre-game warmups for Week 12 against the Jets and Nathan Peterman will start for the Bears.​

Oh for Pete's sake. Literally. It's a total fiasco for the Bears, but so was starting Siemian in the first place. It doesn't change much for the Bears' weapons, as Darnell Mooney and Cole Kmet were already basically unstartable in 12-team leagues, especially there are plenty of alternatives with all 32 teams active for Week 12. Siemian can be safely dropped in all superflex leagues even if there's a chance he returns to start for Week 13.
Nov 27, 2022, 12:13 PM ET

Washington D is horrendously bad and has been even worse since Rivera took over playcalling as his tenure comes to a close. Roll out your Trevor Siemian desperation SF plays and longshot DFS lineups

Washington D is horrendously bad and has been even worse since Rivera took over playcalling as his tenure comes to a close. Roll out your Trevor Siemian desperation SF plays and longshot DFS lineups
Bad offense vs bad defense. Guess it depends on who’s worse.

Users who are viewing this thread