What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** The Division PC|PS4|XBONE (1 Viewer)

So I have a few hours on this game, but am fairly early in it at level 10, but I can see what many of the reviews are saying about the game.  It is gorgeous, for certain, but is sure it repetitive and feels very carrot before the horse only the carrot is not very tasty.  Do not think this one will be a long-term gameplay game, but will hopefully get through for a good storyline. :shrug:
Sums up my feelings exactly. Very sorry I bought the digital copy of this. 

Have you guys played much in the dark zone cockroach was talking about. Ive not been there but it seems like it is a separate game altogether. It also seems like its close to impossible and not sure I would make it out with all of my current gear. Not sure I even want to try it

Have you guys played much in the dark zone cockroach was talking about. Ive not been there but it seems like it is a separate game altogether. It also seems like its close to impossible and not sure I would make it out with all of my current gear. Not sure I even want to try it
You don't risk your current gear in the Dark Zone. The only thing you can lose is the gear you find in the Dark Zone.

So I have a few hours on this game, but am fairly early in it at level 10, but I can see what many of the reviews are saying about the game.  It is gorgeous, for certain, but is sure it repetitive and feels very carrot before the horse only the carrot is not very tasty.  Do not think this one will be a long-term gameplay game, but will hopefully get through for a good storyline. :shrug:
I get that feeling too. A lot of the environment is different, but you can't really tell. 

The game shines when you have a full group of 4 and going against other humans. 

I get that feeling too. A lot of the environment is different, but you can't really tell. 

The game shines when you have a full group of 4 and going against other humans. 
yeah, thats my favorite part so far. I was with a group that just had a constant back and forth battle with this other group near an extraction zone. SO much fun.

I never think to group up when I log in. I just fire it up. I dont want to be anyones burden. Maybe Ill try to get into a group tonight

This is the intro, they will be introducing incursions, which is their version of raids. I'm enjoying it. 

It does suck if one person is DZ level 15+ and other people in the group at lower. I was with Bordman and we tried going into the DZ, but it would split us up into different levels so we couldn't actually explore the DZ together. 

It does suck if one person is DZ level 15+ and other people in the group at lower. I was with Bordman and we tried going into the DZ, but it would split us up into different levels so we couldn't actually explore the DZ together. 
You just need to migrate to his DZ since he's in the higher bracket.

Only at level 13 but I'm liking it. I usually save Encounters for just doing by myself and missions I use matchmaking. This game is meant to be played with other people though. The more you get into it, the more you can see where the tactical aspects come into play. Using setting up everyone's perks to play off each is a nice feeling. 

I think this is where the game CAN break out of its repetition. I say "can" because you can still just brute force your way through missions but you're giving a lot of opportunities not to. I've been in a group where two guys walked up the middle (without silencers) and the other snuck up the side and just cleaned house (using a silencer). I played another mission with just one other person and we bunkered down just close enough for a healing box to get us both. He'd drop that then I'd throw out the turret for anyone who tired to rush us. Once my turret ran out he'd throw his out and I'd place the healing box. 

Both tactics we used naturally without any co ordination. I'd assume with a group that plays together often you could really dive deep into the tactics of the game. Also, I don't know how more people on PS4 don't have mics. Any new phone comes with earbuds that have a mic built in. Or you can buy them almost anywhere for cheap. 

What's driving me right now is getting enough tech points so I can upgrade the turret (through the tech wing). The other thing that I've noticed is how much better my weapons are getting. ARs don't just spray everywhere and sniper rifles pack some serious kick to enemies before they even get close enough to shoot at me. 

I was the higher bracket. How do you do that?
As far as I know when you're grouped up with someone but in different DZ level brackets, when you enter the DZ, the lower bracket person gets kicked from the group and you should get the option to rejoin or migrate to the higher person's bracket.  May have to do it through the menu?  I've done it before, post launch, but it's been awhile now.  It can be done though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously the lower bracket person will need to be a bit careful because they are undergeared for the DZ bracket.  Up til now that probably wasn't too big a deal, as there was little threat of rogue groups.  Starting with the patch that's going in early tomorrow morning, they are attempting to fix the rogue issue so I imagine we'll see more groups attempting it.  Watch your backs!

Only at level 13 but I'm liking it. I usually save Encounters for just doing by myself and missions I use matchmaking. This game is meant to be played with other people though. The more you get into it, the more you can see where the tactical aspects come into play. Using setting up everyone's perks to play off each is a nice feeling. 

I think this is where the game CAN break out of its repetition. I say "can" because you can still just brute force your way through missions but you're giving a lot of opportunities not to. I've been in a group where two guys walked up the middle (without silencers) and the other snuck up the side and just cleaned house (using a silencer). I played another mission with just one other person and we bunkered down just close enough for a healing box to get us both. He'd drop that then I'd throw out the turret for anyone who tired to rush us. Once my turret ran out he'd throw his out and I'd place the healing box. 

Both tactics we used naturally without any co ordination. I'd assume with a group that plays together often you could really dive deep into the tactics of the game. Also, I don't know how more people on PS4 don't have mics. Any new phone comes with earbuds that have a mic built in. Or you can buy them almost anywhere for cheap. 

What's driving me right now is getting enough tech points so I can upgrade the turret (through the tech wing). The other thing that I've noticed is how much better my weapons are getting. ARs don't just spray everywhere and sniper rifles pack some serious kick to enemies before they even get close enough to shoot at me. 
It was fun playing for a short while with you. I usually have my mic, but the GF was getting hungry for dinner and I was getting the look. :lol:                                                    

It was fun playing for a short while with you. I usually have my mic, but the GF was getting hungry for dinner and I was getting the look. :lol:                                                    
I wasn't directing that at you, it was more of a general statement. It might be a bit of a PS3 hang over too. I know even for myself I'm not sure how to use the mic properly (etiquette, call outs, etc.) since this is one of the few games I do use it. 

Obviously the lower bracket person will need to be a bit careful because they are undergeared for the DZ bracket.  Up til now that probably wasn't too big a deal, as there was little threat of rogue groups.  Starting with the patch that's going in early tomorrow morning, they are attempting to fix the rogue issue so I imagine we'll see more groups attempting it.  Watch your backs!
Oh man, great patch!  The XP penalty for dying in the DZ was pretty bad.   I made it to lvl 32 but the thought of grinding to 50 seemed daunting.  Improved drops/more high end gear is awesome too.

The Dark Zone is fun with a group but impossible solo and very challenging even with 2 people. My brother and I  (I'm level 30 and he's level 30 plus on his way to a full cache of gold weapons and gear) were running for our lives just to extract a full load of a blue and purple gear (to de-construct for the parts to craft golds).  The groups of Elites  are just really really strong. They can 1 or 2 shot you. Very tough.

Beating the game was fun but I think I'll get bored of re-running the missions for Phoenix Credits. They need to release some raid missions like Destiny.

The Dark Zone is fun with a group but impossible solo and very challenging even with 2 people. My brother and I  (I'm level 30 and he's level 30 plus on his way to a full cache of gold weapons and gear) were running for our lives just to extract a full load of a blue and purple gear (to de-construct for the parts to craft golds).  The groups of Elites  are just really really strong. They can 1 or 2 shot you. Very tough.

Beating the game was fun but I think I'll get bored of re-running the missions for Phoenix Credits. They need to release some raid missions like Destiny.
move down to a lower DZ zone.  you should be able to solo 1 thru maybe 3

I found the dz today. Lasted 5 mins. Everyone had skulls over their heads. 

Teamed up for the broadway emporium mission. Thing too 10 minutes. Would have taken me hours alone

Played the beta and really enjoyed it, already purchased the season pass.  You will need a full squad or two to avoid getting hammered in the Dark Zone.  Looks like a fun shooter with MMO concepts, and Ubisoft claims they won't be microtransactioning people to death.  By the way you can get 20% off the PC version going through GreenManGaming.  Code is Preorder20 and I think it is good through March 7.

Mumble information for PC guys:  Address 192.81.218.183 port 64738 Username - Whatever you want.  There is a TheDivision channel so just drop on in.

PC Players:

• Corporation - cooleyo
  • Mad Cow - LehiEyeGuy
  • BigSteelThrill - WillNotShare :)
PS4 Players:

• MoPaP -
  • Bucky86 - BeanDawgSmack
  • Borden - Bordman
XBONE Players:

• Frank Drebin -  WHFiveOH
  • TLEF - Tlef316
  • Orcinus - barking doxie
  • Madshot31 - o Madshot o
  • Rocklonemilk - SocialPoser
  • red93zj - cbrady9697
  • Moobin - steadymobbin22
  • SoCalBroncoFan - gmanx23
  • AcerFC - FC Acer
  • GAlmgren - Barley555
  • East Coast Bias - EastCoastBias08
Corp, I installed Mumble and got it set up, but says wrong certificate or password when I try to log on.  Thoughts?

ETA I went through the whole process of creating a new digital certificate, exporting it, importing it, and I still get the error that it is the wrong certificate or password.

Corp, I installed Mumble and got it set up, but says wrong certificate or password when I try to log on.  Thoughts?

ETA I went through the whole process of creating a new digital certificate, exporting it, importing it, and I still get the error that it is the wrong certificate or password.
Hmm, I haven't heard of people having that problem.  @Maelstrom set it up so perhaps he can help.

That napalm factory was the toughest mission yet. 

Eta: the others seemed the same with tougher bad guys. This one was just hard.Fun though

Hmm, I haven't heard of people having that problem.  @Maelstrom set it up so perhaps he can help.
Try again - I deleted (what I assume were) your existing users, there was "MadCow", "reallymadcow" and "DaCow". Unless you had your previous certificate setup and saved, it probably isn't possible to "reset". You should be able to recreate your account now. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Maelstrom said:
Try again - I deleted (what I assume were) your existing users, there was "MadCow", "reallymadcow" and "DaCow". Unless you had your previous certificate setup and saved, it probably isn't possible to "reset". You should be able to recreate your account now. Let me know if you have any trouble.
Seems to have worked.  Nice.

Anyone still playing this? (I am, on XB1).

1.4 looks very interesting (coming in Oct), for those of you who want to revisit.

Anyone still playing this? (I am, on XB1).

1.4 looks very interesting (coming in Oct), for those of you who want to revisit.

I enjoyed playing through this, but it seemed like they were just going to start adding a new level of gear every month  or so (making the last month you played essentially a waste of time).  Great, I have a full set of gold gear!! Too bad now that pale green gear is the gear you want. I assumed this would just cycle over and over going forward, so I quit.

Also HATED the PVP mechanics. It was basically all about who happened to have their special abilities available.

Users who are viewing this thread