What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2013 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

This whole play in game is awful. My stomach turns at having to face the Rays or whomever to get in the playoffs like last year. Even though last year should have just been a mercy kill down the stretch.

One more hot streak could turn this all around, but #### this is a bad time for the bats to go cold.

This just proves you can't just have one power bat to rely on. Belter goes cold and things melt down. Ugh

This just proves you can't just have one power bat to rely on. Belter goes cold and things melt down. Ugh
It looks like Nellie will finish second on the team in HRs. :sadbanana:

The good thing is the team we're chasing has practically an identical lineup.

looks like we could just all go back and repost all of our doom and gloom rants from 6 weeks ago and be good.

I have my doubts this thing needs to be in a win now situation. The FPTR v2.0 is maybe a year out. Kids just aren't quite there yet and team as a whole isn't shaping up to look like a serious contender. Maybe it's not the best timing to blow through the bankroll? :shrug:
shameless bump.

If you make a managing change you MUST promote Maddux imo. He IS the franchise right now. Give him a bench coach if he needs one.

This thing is going to come down to the last game, isn't it?
We have to hope so, anything before that is probably not good news for us.
:goodposting:

That late July three game sweep at Cleveland is really coming back to haunt us.
Scheppers getting his butt whipped in a Cleveland bar could be the difference between playoffs and no playoffs.
I was thinking more towards Kinsler's sloppy baserunning, but this works too.

If this isn't a playoff game why the #### is it on TBS? :X

What does Wash do with Nellie? Batting sixth at DH? He's 9 for 21 with 3 HRs against Price in his career (including postseason).

What does Wash do with Nellie? Batting sixth at DH? He's 9 for 21 with 3 HRs against Price in his career (including postseason).
Hoping for a lineup of

Kinsler

Andrus

Rios

Beltre

Cruz

Soto or AJ

Moreland

Gentry

Martin

Probably going to be

Kinsler

Andrus

Rios

Beltre

AJ

Cruz

Moreland

Gentry

Martin

I was curious how AJ and Soto have handled catching for Perez this year, so I went back and looked at his game logs to see how he has done with each catching him. Aj has caught 11 of Martin's 19 starts and Perez has a 3.57ERA in those 11 starts. Soto has caught the other 8 starts and Perez has a 3.53 ERA in those starts. Basically the same. The thing that really stuck out to me was that Perez has given up a lot more home runs with Soto catching him. He has given up home runs in 10 of his 19 starts this season... he gave up a home run in each of his first 6 starts with Soto catching him. Based on that I might go with AJ, hoping to at least keep the ball in the park tonight and let the defense make some plays.

Disco Stu said:

I believe they have the contract for some playoff games and regular season game #163s to go with their Sunday afternoon games.

From John Blake...

Kinsler

Andrus

Rios

Beltre

AJ

Cruz

Moreland

Gentry

Martin

Joey Butler designated for assignment to make room for Nellie.

Considering all the injuries and Cruz's suspension hard to be too upset. Hopefully we can get things back on track next season.

Considering all the injuries and Cruz's suspension hard to be too upset. Hopefully we can get things back on track next season.
This was a deeply flawed team whose warts were covered by going 25-5 vs la and Houston.

Not sure I ever want to see Mimo or Murphy ever again.

OSB to be back in 2014 per JD.

Probably thoughts for the 2014 thread, but my priorities coming out of this season.

1. Solve 1st base/Left Field situation. Agree with Culdeus. You need bigger production from your corners, not the feeble numbers Murph and Moreland put up. I think Rios should be just fine in Right, but this team needs more power, more bats that the other guys worry about. I don't see Cruz back unless he takes a big pay cut. If he does, then an OF of Rios/Martin/Cruz would be interesting.

2. Solve the Andrus/Kinsler/Profar threesome issue. Talked too much about, but I don't want to see 2014 with Profar starting on the bench. Either start him or trade him. And if you feel Kinsler can be your solution at 1B or LF, get him a glove today and get the transition started.

3. Find some stability at Catcher. With this pitching staff young and should be around for a while, it would be nice getting that battery mate that will be around for a few years. Feels like we haven't had that for some time.

Well to get things started both Emily Jones and Gina Miller have been put out to pasture. I wonder if Kaime and Liddy are ready to be called up from AAA yet?

OSB to be back in 2014 per JD.

Probably thoughts for the 2014 thread, but my priorities coming out of this season.

1. Solve 1st base/Left Field situation. Agree with Culdeus. You need bigger production from your corners, not the feeble numbers Murph and Moreland put up. I think Rios should be just fine in Right, but this team needs more power, more bats that the other guys worry about. I don't see Cruz back unless he takes a big pay cut. If he does, then an OF of Rios/Martin/Cruz would be interesting.

2. Solve the Andrus/Kinsler/Profar threesome issue. Talked too much about, but I don't want to see 2014 with Profar starting on the bench. Either start him or trade him. And if you feel Kinsler can be your solution at 1B or LF, get him a glove today and get the transition started.

3. Find some stability at Catcher. With this pitching staff young and should be around for a while, it would be nice getting that battery mate that will be around for a few years. Feels like we haven't had that for some time.
What about Garza and Nathan?

Users who are viewing this thread