What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Texans at Jaguars Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Yes obviously QB health in the league is a priority. Dubya Tee eff

@JayGlazer

The Texans, concerned about the effect air pressure could have on Deshaun Watson’s bruised lung and injured ribs, sent Watson to Jacksonville via bus — a 12-hour ride — instead of taking flight w team. Amazing what Watson has been playing through @NFLonFOX

Good play design on Moncrief's catch, two receivers for one guy in the zone to cover.

Also good call by the announcer on 3rd down, receiver went to the hole in the zone and Bortles threw it towards the defender instead.

Could have called pass interference on Ramsey that time, but Hopkins' hands are better than fly paper, didn't matter.

Lamar Miller looks so much faster this year.  Losing the weight he put on last year was a good idea.

Davenport has such a long way to go to being a solution at left tackle. He's getting beat every other play.  Have to at least slow the rusher a little on a screen.  Heard this is why Houston didn't run any normal screens last year, the line was so bad it wasn't worth trying it.  Think that might be the first one I've seen this year (not counting stuff to WRs) and the line blew it.

Not a very good broadcast.  First down line missing half the time, and how do you not show a replay on the Fuller penalty?

Bang up announcing job not telling us who the injured player is.  But that's ok, we can google their roster.  Thanks CBS.

Those plays with both Lamar Miller and Alfred Blue on the field at the same time have been surprisingly effective.  That split backs formation was new last week and was effective, saw it again today earlier.

Wait, you mean once we get inside the 20, we're allowed to take it the rest of the way into the end zone?

The way the Texans season has gone, I thought maybe now you were only allowed to kick it once you got in there?

James Lofton on the broadcast was criticizing the Jags play action on a short 2nd and 1.  WTH?  You try it then because you have a high percentage play still to pick up the first on 3rd down if you fail.  It's a great time to take a shot.  Really not liking this broadcast crew.

Texans need to give their new special teams coordinator a raise.  Other than the blown coverage on the punt against the Titans, special teams has been turned around this year.

How the hell is it not pass interference when you have a guy's arm so tied up that he can't use it?  I realize there is letting handfighting on both sides go, but not armlocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm done. I'm checking out like the Jags did after New England.

Going to find something more rewarding like banging my head into the wall while listening to Mambo No. 5 on loop.

huh, when they aren't playing TJ Yates, Tom Savage, and Jacoby Brissett, their defense is mediocre.  Who would have guessed?

Users who are viewing this thread