What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Terrance Williams, WR, Dallas (1 Viewer)

Not too crazy about the number of targets, but he produces with what he gets, unlike Miles ouch-my-hammy Austin. TW hype machine rolling along strong. Choo choo!

Dropped Williams for Austin. Thanks for the win last week Williams, see you next year
Wow!,not the smartest thing to do.
I could be wrong but I would do that move again today if I were slice. It's not about last game - it's about how you think the next 10 are going to play out. Austin with more targets and an end zone look last night. Kudos to Williams though.
I see your point but I'm basing my opinion solely on the fact Austin cannot stay healthy

Would like to see the snaps breakdown tomorrow - I was paying attention in the first quarter, when he was on the field less than half the time.

Will still be satisfied as long as he takes over as the #2 in 2014 - and Austin is elsewhere.

thanks - 67% is decent - I guess they rotated Austin and Williams as the game progressed.

Thanks for the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
duaneok66 said:
thanks - 67% is decent - I guess they rotated Austin and Williams as the game progressed.

Thanks for the information.
I think the percentages confuse the discussion.

48 Bryant

37 Williams

35 Austin

There were only 11 times Bryant was on the field and Williams wasn't; 13 where Bryant was and Austin wasn't. Sounds like a lot of 3 WR sets where all were on the field.

Now I am firmly in the camp of Austin being the guy to have - the 2 targets on 37 snaps is a bad ratio. 4 is better but not great.

Keep in mind this is Austin's first game back and he already had nearly as many snaps as Williams - I think Austin passes hi next week.

Is it really a sure thing that Austin won't be with the team next year, therefore giving Williams a bigger opportunity? Austin's contract seems prohibitive to cut him next year. Austin has a 8.2mil cap hit and 7.8mil in dead money for 2014.

Coach Jason Garrett admitted he wasn't impressed by Miles Austin's Week 6 performance.
Coming off his latest hamstring pull, Austin had zero catches on four targets. "I don't think he looked as explosive as he did early on in the year," Garrett said. "He's clearly trying to get his hamstring healthy." It suggests that Austin's role could be reduced after he played 35 snaps against the Redskins. Terrance Williams is a better option in two-wide sets right now

jsharlan said:
Is it really a sure thing that Austin won't be with the team next year, therefore giving Williams a bigger opportunity? Austin's contract seems prohibitive to cut him next year. Austin has a 8.2mil cap hit and 7.8mil in dead money for 2014.
austin himself said he thought this was his last year...

But good point, keeping him seems likely with such a small difference between 2014 contract and dead money cap hit...

williams does look more explosive...

maybe he will increasingly encroach on austin's two WR set snaps...

austin could still be a useful slot in three WR sets...

a changing of the guard could still take place at any time...

if austin continues to be plagued by hammy problems, it happens by default.

Raiderfan32904 said:
See? Told you Austin was nothing to worry about. TW hype train carries on....
The talent is absolutely undeniable but I'm still afraid, simply judging by the plethora of mouths to feed, that the opportunity he deserves will continue to be limited.

I watched Austin line up in a slot on several three wide sets, but Beasley is superior in that aspect. I also watched him line up opposite Dez, but Williams and his ability to stretch the field is more valuable in that respect as well. Sadly, I think Austin will remain in the mix and continue to steal targets that he simply doesn't deserve. Let's hope DAL wises up and gives Williams his 80%+ snap and the targets he deserves sooner than later. The kids a baller.

Raiderfan32904 said:
See? Told you Austin was nothing to worry about. TW hype train carries on....
The talent is absolutely undeniable but I'm still afraid, simply judging by the plethora of mouths to feed, that the opportunity he deserves will continue to be limited.

I watched Austin line up in a slot on several three wide sets, but Beasley is superior in that aspect. I also watched him line up opposite Dez, but Williams and his ability to stretch the field is more valuable in that respect as well. Sadly, I think Austin will remain in the mix and continue to steal targets that he simply doesn't deserve. Let's hope DAL wises up and gives Williams his 80%+ snap and the targets he deserves sooner than later. The kids a baller.
Totally agree Song. I watched the game and let me tell you, Austin looked like he was running in mud. He had no burst and I'm thinking his chronic hammy issues are finally taking its toll on Austin.

This next game vs Philly is another nice opportunity, this is what receivers have done vs Philly (the no.. 1 FFA to WR matchup btw):

Player/Team/Week/Targets/Catches/Yards/TD

[SIZE=medium]Leonard Hankerson[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WAS[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]80[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Pierre Garcon[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WAS[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]11[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]64[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0 San. Moss [/SIZE][SIZE=small]WAS[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]54[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Josh Morgan[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WAS[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]51[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Aldrick Robinson[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WAS[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Eddie Royal[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]SD[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]8[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]90[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Malcom Floyd[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]SD[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]6[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]102[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Keenan Allen[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]SD[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]34[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Vincent Brown[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]SD[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]26[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Donnie Avery[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]KC[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]141[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] A.J. Jenkins[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]KC[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]6[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Dwayne Bowe[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]KC[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Junior Hemingway[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]KC[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Chad Hall[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]KC[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Dexter McCluster[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]KC[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Demaryius Thomas[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]DEN[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]10[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]86[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Wes Welker[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]DEN[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]76[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Eric Decker[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]DEN[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]88[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Andre Caldwell[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]DEN[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Rueben Randle[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]NYG[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]13[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]6[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]96[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Hakeem Nicks[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]NYG[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]12[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]142[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Victor Cruz[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]NYG[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]12[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]48[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Jerrel Jernigan[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]NYG[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]13[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Vincent Jackson[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]TB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]6[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]14[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]114[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Tiquan Underwood[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]TB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]6[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0 (Tim Wright 7/91/0)[/SIZE]

This next game vs Philly is another nice opportunity, this is what receivers have done vs Philly (the no.. 1 FFA to WR matchup btw):

Player/Team/Week/Targets/Catches/Yards/TD

[SIZE=medium]Leonard Hankerson[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WAS[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]80[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Pierre Garcon[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WAS[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]11[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]64[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0 San. Moss [/SIZE][SIZE=small]WAS[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]54[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Josh Morgan[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WAS[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]51[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Aldrick Robinson[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]WAS[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Eddie Royal[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]SD[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]8[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]90[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Malcom Floyd[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]SD[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]6[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]102[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Keenan Allen[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]SD[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]34[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Vincent Brown[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]SD[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]26[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Donnie Avery[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]KC[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]141[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] A.J. Jenkins[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]KC[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]6[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Dwayne Bowe[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]KC[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Junior Hemingway[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]KC[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Chad Hall[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]KC[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Dexter McCluster[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]KC[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Demaryius Thomas[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]DEN[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]10[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]86[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Wes Welker[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]DEN[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]76[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Eric Decker[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]DEN[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]7[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]88[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Andre Caldwell[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]DEN[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]1[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Rueben Randle[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]NYG[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]13[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]6[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]96[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Hakeem Nicks[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]NYG[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]12[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]142[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Victor Cruz[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]NYG[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]12[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]48[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Jerrel Jernigan[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]NYG[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]5[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]3[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]13[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Vincent Jackson[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]TB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]6[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]14[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]9[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]114[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]2[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium] Tiquan Underwood[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]TB[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]6[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]4[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0[/SIZE] [SIZE=small]0 (Tim Wright 7/91/0)[/SIZE]
That is hard as #### to read, but I see what you're getting at with the bolded.

It would seem as if complimentary options have had absolute field days vs. PHI. To sum it up..

Hankerson - 5/80/2

Royal - 7/90/3

Avery - 7/141/0

Randle - 6/96/2

It would seem as if complimentary options have had absolute field days vs. PHI. To sum it up..

Hankerson - 5/80/2

Royal - 7/90/3

Avery - 7/141/0

Randle - 6/96/2
Good stuff here SameSong :thumbup:

I was going to play Hartline as my WR4 this week, but seriously mulling riding the TW train for a 3rd straight week. Choo choo?

Im starting him over Shorts, Randle and Mike Williams in my flex, I guess that really isn't saying much though.

A little surprised that the FBG is all-in on Williams - "targets could continue to diminsh with the emergence of Williams."

Not that they might not end up being right but it's a little presuumptous

Very difficult to sit him this week. Shootout game. Secondary WRs go nuts against the Eagles. Dal running game limited with loss of Murray/Dunbar. Miles maybe not fully back and criticized by coach.

Ideal flex/WR3 play this week.

the guy has an 86% catch rate (albeit on only 22 targets), but that's still good enough to lead all NFL WRs . . .

I don't know how you don't start him this week. He's my WR3 and I think there's a fair chance he finishes with more points the my WR 1 and 2. He's caught a TD in his last 2 games and the Eagles secondary isn't going to stop him from 3 in a row. 5 receptions, 100+ yards and 1 long TD.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game, so grain of salt, but from the different things I read (including quotes from Garrett), Austin looked like a shell of himself and did nothing to warrant the lion's share of snaps yet. He might in the future, but for now it seems it will at least be an even split, possibly heavily weighted in Williams' favor. not to mention, he has done very well with limited targets..

A little surprised that the FBG is all-in on Williams - "targets could continue to diminsh with the emergence of Williams."

Not at all surprised. If you watch the games instead of the boxscore, you will see Austin isn't the same "ascendent talent" he was couple of years ago. Time to stick a fork in him. The targets only go up for Williams from here on in.

FWIW, Austin taking a "rest" day today to make sure the hamstring is fully good to go... just fuels the fire more than TW may be taking over the number 2 role.

Miles Austin (hamstring) is taking a rest day Thursday.
The Cowboys are trying to ensure Austin's tender hamstring doesn't get any worse than it already is. He was already lacking burst as he returned to action with a catch-less performance on 35 snaps in Week 6. Austin is a WR4 type while he's rotating with Terrance Williams.

Not at all surprised. If you watch the games instead of the boxscore, you will see Austin isn't the same "ascendent talent" he was couple of years ago. Time to stick a fork in him. The targets only go up for Williams from here on in.
Raiders, it's clear from your posts that you have no objectivity on assessing the situation.

It also could be a guy coming off a hamstring issue working himself back in to shape. Only 6 weeks ago, Austin was expected to have a rebound season and perform near WR2 levels and Williams wasn't on a radar. Only 5 weeks ago Austin had a 10 reception game.

And you are lauding Willians with 6 targets in the last 2 games (66 pass attmepts).

I get it that those facts go against your reasoning - so you are going to dismiss them - but at least try to fashion an argument instead of making unfounded statements.

Now, I am not stating that it won't work out in Williams favor - but it'snot the black and white you keep attempting to paint.

Targets are a real concern, no doubt about that. I still can't fathom why he isn't generally getting more love; his ability and potential are blatant. He's not a burner but can stretch the field and I believe that to be a very real asset to this offense (compliments it very well). I'm starting Williams this week due to the plus match-up and compiled data thus far but I'd be kidding myself if I were to say I felt even remotely safe. His floor is super low (think 2/20/0 low) but in contrast his upside is polarizing. If he hits, he can outright win you your match-up this week.

It's all about risk/reward as it pertains to Williams and likely your WR3/flex spot. I'm choosing to swing for the fences.

Targets are a real concern, no doubt about that. I still can't fathom why he isn't generally getting more love; his ability and potential are blatant. He's not a burner but can stretch the field and I believe that to be a very real asset to this offense (compliments it very well). I'm starting Williams this week due to the plus match-up and compiled data thus far but I'd be kidding myself if I were to say I felt even remotely safe. His floor is super low (think 2/20/0 low) but in contrast his upside is polarizing. If he hits, he can outright win you your match-up this week.

It's all about risk/reward as it pertains to Williams and likely your WR3/flex spot. I'm choosing to swing for the fences.
Quality post - I am not convinced Williams has taken over and am starting Austin for similar reasons..

Raiders, it's clear from your posts that you have no objectivity on assessing the situation.

It also could be a guy coming off a hamstring issue working himself back in to shape. Only 6 weeks ago, Austin was expected to have a rebound season and perform near WR2 levels and Williams wasn't on a radar. Only 5 weeks ago Austin had a 10 reception game.

And you are lauding Willians with 6 targets in the last 2 games (66 pass attmepts).

I get it that those facts go against your reasoning - so you are going to dismiss them - but at least try to fashion an argument instead of making unfounded statements.

Now, I am not stating that it won't work out in Williams favor - but it'snot the black and white you keep attempting to paint.
Agreed. I hope Williams continues to emerge, since I have him in multiple leagues, but Raiderfan's assessment reeks of someone who WANTS Williams to go nuts and for Austin to be relegated to the bench. His objectivity is non-existent.

Objectivity is more than just stats and snapcounts. How about a first hand account of what I saw. Williams passes the 'eye-test', and Austin does not. Williams runs better routes, high points the ball, great body control. I do not understand why he's not targeted more. Maybe it's the specific game plan. Maybe it's stubbornness of the coaches.

Austin looks slower out of breaks, looks easily covered even on his targets has no separation, corners out position him and flank him with the off arm. He can't outleap his defender. He's a shell of his former self. That dude used to be lightning quick. Now a little guy like Cole Beasley out hustles and out works him. I'm surprised the coaching staff insists on giving Austin a role. He's not ready, and it shows on the field. This may linger all season. Objectively, it's time to move on from Austin. Dallas coaching staff didn't get the memo.

According to beat reporter Calvin Watkins - Austin is receiving another "rest day" on Friday . . .

First time I have ever seen a player (that the team was counting on to play) get two "rest days" - one on Thursday and one on Friday.

Not too crazy about the number of targets, but he produces with what he gets, unlike Miles ouch-my-hammy Austin. TW hype machine rolling along strong. Choo choo!
Same here ... He has only gotten 4 and 2 targets the last 2 weeks. He has been incredibly productive with few targets but I wouldn't bet on it especially with Austin back.

According to beat reporter Calvin Watkins - Austin is receiving another "rest day" on Friday . . .

First time I have ever seen a player (that the team was counting on to play) get two "rest days" - one on Thursday and one on Friday.
Sounds fishy. A Friday "restday". Sure you and I all the working stiffs look forward to a rest day on Friday. But in the NFL a rest day on Friday means no play, 99.99% of the time.

I understand being excited about a player but some of you just chose to disregard facts. I have Austin and Williams and the way I see it is they are both useless right now.

You may end up being right but it's certainly not trending that way.

Williams targets have gone from 8 -> 4 -> 2 over the last 3 weeks ... There is no way that you could expect that kind of production from so few targets .

Austin had more targets on fewer snaps and from the sound of it the coach is trying to light a fire under him. If Austin is out then absolutely start Williams.

I think that's the right call...Austin is un-startable regardless IMO. If Austin plays they are both bench material; If Austin sits, Williams is startable.

Garrett today in his presser said that Austin did NOT have a setback on his hammy. But they are still working on getting it 100%.

Have this guy stashed away on my taxi squad. Thinking hard about activating and using him this week, but he can never go back to taxi and I'm not desperate for a starter.

Talented kid, but still on the raw side. Love his longer term outlook, but the shorter term hype seems a tad premature to me. I could see a good to great game this week at Philly followed by a whole lot of nothing after Austin gets his feet back under him.

Benching Stacy and Harry Douglas for him… don't feel awesome about it, but my Panthers are tough against the run, and I need to see it from Douglas. Austin getting two rest days late in the practice week push me toward TW.

Saddle up kid… let's go get it. :drive:

I benched Fitz vs. Seattle secondary in favor of Williams. Could have been a dumb move but thankfully the bar is set pretty low at this point for it being the right move.

Users who are viewing this thread