What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Was travelling so did not see it live but saw it the next day.

Few things:
-Haney won most (all ?) of the rounds in which he did not get knocked down and factor in the point deduction for Garcia and its a close fight despite the three knockdowns.

- As (sort of) suspected, Haney is proving chin-y and will have trouble with anyone with legit power.

- Haney's camp completely botched the Garcia weight issue. I figure it was ego/arrogance that allowed this to happen. Not having a re-hydration clause in the contract and essentially allowing Garcia to miss weight (granted, Garcia had to pay Haney for this but still) and then have no re-hydration clause is crazy. Garcia was much the bigger man between the two in terms of weight (guess Garcia learned after Tank had that clause in their fight).

Fury-Usyk on May 18 (finally)
5 X 5 card on June 1 will be one of the better overall cards in a good while.
Canelo fights in early May (too bad its not against Benavidez).
Inoue fights two days after the Canelo fight.
Josh Taylor/Catterall fight in late May.

Few things:
-Haney won most (all ?) of the rounds in which he did not get knocked down and factor in the point deduction for Garcia and its a close fight despite the three knockdowns.

- As (sort of) suspected, Haney is proving chin-y and will have trouble with anyone with legit power.

- Haney's camp completely botched the Garcia weight issue. I figure it was ego/arrogance that allowed this to happen. Not having a re-hydration clause in the contract and essentially allowing Garcia to miss weight (granted, Garcia had to pay Haney for this but still) and then have no re-hydration clause is crazy. Garcia was much the bigger man between the two in terms of weight (guess Garcia learned after Tank had that clause in their fight).

Fury-Usyk on May 18 (finally)
5 X 5 card on June 1 will be one of the better overall cards in a good while.
Canelo fights in early May (too bad its not against Benavidez).
Inoue fights two days after the Canelo fight.
Josh Taylor/Catterall fight in late May.
bivol biterbiev is going to be really good!!! I think we get another Ryan fight this year. hes called out spence which would be interesting tho i think spence wins.

Few things:

I dont mind not doing a rehydration clause so long as you make weight. But doing that AND moving forward when he didnt make weight, that was a big mistake. Haney sucked himself down to 140 and garcia did not have to drain himself and that was a huge advantage. I think if garcia had to make weight that fight is a draw or possibly a haney SD. But either way Haneys camp messed that up big time. I think a rematch at 147 would be very interesting but they have to both make weight otherwise its just not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread