What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Survivor: Blood vs. Water*** (1 Viewer)

I think Laura M's hotness is greatly undervalued. Looks great at 44.
:no: Hot and looks great? I remember earlier people said she looked better than her daughter. I thought last night, especially without the hat, she was not looking good at all, never mind appearing on a hotness level.
Everyone's hotness is going to suffer after living on grubs and rice in a jungle with no amenities for several weeks.

Mile High said:
Jeff. So far we haven't seen this.

"It's something that’s only happened one time in 27 seasons," he says. "It was so shocking, I swore I could hear the cameramen gasping at tribal council. … It's one of those seasons where things keep happening, and I think fans are going to be entertained all the way up until the end."
getting voted out with an idol in your pocket? how many times has that happened?

Mile High said:

"It's something thats only happened one time in 27 seasons," he says. "It was so shocking, I swore I could hear the cameramen gasping at tribal council. It's one of those seasons where things keep happening, and I think fans are going to be entertained all the way up until the end."
getting voted out with an idol in your pocket? how many times has that happened?
More than once. I'm guessing it is giving up the individual idol.

Mile High said:

"It's something thats only happened one time in 27 seasons," he says. "It was so shocking, I swore I could hear the cameramen gasping at tribal council. It's one of those seasons where things keep happening, and I think fans are going to be entertained all the way up until the end."
:goodposting: That is the only thing I can think of that happened once.. and it cost the person as they were voted out right there and then.

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mile High said:

:goodposting: That is the only thing I can think of that happened once.. and it cost the person as they were voted out right there and then.

What if Laura gets back in the game and wins the individual idol and gives it to Sierra at some tribal council, then gets munsoned by her own daughter? that would be slick.

Mile High said:

What if Laura gets back in the game and wins the individual idol and gives it to Sierra at some tribal council, then gets munsoned by her own daughter? that would be slick.
Laura is still in the game. I could see this scenario playing out this week. Laura wins immunity and Sierra convinces her that she's in trouble and she needs Laura to give her the necklace. The preview showed Sierra talking about how she had no problem voting out her mom

That's scary for Todd, I hope he gets it together. I'm sure we'll be hearing all about it if he can make it to that reunion show. And God bless that saint Dr. Phil!

Some of you have good ####### memories about season 2. I do remember the Army guy who got booted early because he supposedly got caught with his Richard Hatch out.

Honestly, all these girls that are left are so dumb, I think it's all about whoever blinks first between Tyson-Gervace and Colby-Hayden. Experience and the idol are huge.

dparker713 said:
Jayrok said:
These women don't have any sense. Tina's play doesn't surprise me but I thought Laura M. was smarter than she's showing. There were 5 women and 4 guys after Vytas was voted off. How could Laura not go to Tina, Katie, and Monica and convince them to join her and her daughter? Get rid of the guys one by one.

Monica and Tina had issues, so what? Get rid of Tyson, Colton and crew and now you have a better chance of competing in challenges, even physical ones. Then you can fight it out against each other. Laura M would have been the huge favorite to win those last challenges IMO. But she sat there and got voted off herself.

Guys have the numbers but Tyson will mess it up somehow. I bet he tries to blindside Hayden soon, then Gervase, and try to keep Cierra along with him and, if he's smart, Tina if there are 3 finalists this season. TIna has already won and has spoken out against the others. Cierra is a remora.
You can't just flip flop every vote. Tina and Katie were obviously on the outside and there was no way they were swaying 1 vote, let alone 3.
Why not? They only had to convince the other women that they would have a better chance at the final few challenges if they got rid of the men. Monica could have put her animosity towards Tina aside for the sake of bettering her chances. She was on the bottom of the pole even with the guys so the question for her would be would she rather face Colton, Hayden and Tyson or Tina and her daughter in challenges? IMO that answer to that is obvious.

Cierra is probably the only one who would want to stay with the guys. Laura would flip with Tina after she heard such a proposal IMO.
They'd need to convince 3 people that just sided against them and are safe for the immediate future to vote against the alliance they just put into power. Was never gonna happen.

Mile High said:

I believe this happened twice. Erik to the Black Widow alliance in Micronesia and then Brandon Hantz gave it up to Albert in his first season and they booted.

I was reading that quote as meaning it's something that hasn't happened before--i.e., "it's happened once in 27 seasons" not "it's happened once before in 27 seasons". :shrug:

What is that quote from? Something recent, talking about an upcoming ep?
It's in this from 10-23-13

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivors-jeff-probst-talks-blood-650302

Also he said this in his top 5 power plays.

Probst says that each of the five biggest plays—really, move number six, he says, is so far down the list they aren’t even in the same league—proves you have to make at least one giant move to win Survivor. And you have to time it perfectly.Will we see something similar in this current Blood vs. Water season? “There is actually a giant move,” Probst says. “Giant. Shocking. It is a moment where I couldn’t believe it happened.” But will it be enough to turn the player into a one-word Survivor star? “I can’t say if it is worthy of this list,” Probst says, “but the move will be historic.”
http://entertainment.time.com/2013/10/09/jeff-probst-picks-his-top-5-survivor-power-plays/?hpt=hp_t3

I was reading that quote as meaning it's something that hasn't happened before--i.e., "it's happened once in 27 seasons" not "it's happened once before in 27 seasons". :shrug:
That could be the correct read, which I would think would be Cierra turning on her mom.

Mile High said:

I thought that's happened twice? Once to the Russel kid and then once to that blonde dude. Can't remember his name. Maybe I'm thinking of something close like that happening instead?

TheIronSheik said:
Mile High said:

I thought that's happened twice? Once to the Russel kid and then once to that blonde dude. Can't remember his name. Maybe I'm thinking of something close like that happening instead?
I guess I hated anything to do with Brandon that my mind removed that moment..

I like the theory's above then that the move is the 1st time ever, not that it happened only once before..

Corporation said:
That could be the correct read, which I would think would be Cierra turning on her mom.
But have they ever had relatives play against each other before?

Gotta be Cierra throwing her mom under the bus. If so, would have been better if they weren't spoiling it.
Hadn't thought of this until the Cierra speculation, but it would be and even bigger twist/shock if Mom turned on the daughter? There was a bit of a hit of this when mom was on redemtion island, something about her talking about her competitive side (around the same time they had Cierra talking about not wanting her mom back in the game).

Are you sure that spoiler wasn't talking about when Colton threw down the gauntlet at TC. I remember reading after it happen that Probst commented that he was surprised that it didn't happen more often and I believe it was the first time it's ever happened.

TheIronSheik said:
Mile High said:

You are right, I was thinking just Erik with the girls, but I forgot about Brandon.

Are you sure that spoiler wasn't talking about when Colton threw down the gauntlet at TC. I remember reading after it happen that Probst commented that he was surprised that it didn't happen more often and I believe it was the first time it's ever happened.
Good call. That could be it.

Good call. That could be it.
Yeah, the "one other time" could have been when Malcolm ousted Philip last season with his "Do what you want, I'm voting Phil, come with me or not."

I think Laura M's hotness is greatly undervalued. Looks great at 44.
:no: Hot and looks great? I remember earlier people said she looked better than her daughter. I thought last night, especially without the hat, she was not looking good at all, never mind appearing on a hotness level.
Everyone's hotness is going to suffer after living on grubs and rice in a jungle with no amenities for several weeks.
Katie losing weight is good.

Based on the previews Tyson will definitely not be blindsided.
Nope. The four voting for him will tell the wrong person (probably Monica) and the idol will be played.
I think the correct game play in a season where there is redemption island is to wait a little longer before making a big move. I hope I'm wrong as I don't want Tyson to win but this season is reminding me of Cochran's winning season. Like Cochran, Tyson seems to be getting a winning edit so far and also like Cochran there was a preview about him getting blindsided that obviously didn't work out.

Nope. The four voting for him will tell the wrong person (probably Monica) and the idol will be played.
I think the correct game play in a season where there is redemption island is to wait a little longer before making a big move. I hope I'm wrong as I don't want Tyson to win but this season is reminding me of Cochran's winning season. Like Cochran, Tyson seems to be getting a winning edit so far and also like Cochran there was a preview about him getting blindsided that obviously didn't work out.
:confused:

Of those left I can't think of anyone more deserving to win. :shrug:

IMO, he has controlled the game from the onset without really "controlling" people.

Prime example, at least by the editing last night, was the discussion of possibly not voting the Mom out.

He let the discussion happen when Ciera brought up a different vote, and then talked to others in the alliance that they were sticking with their vote.. and based on Ciera's vote I'm sure he went back to her and let her know that they were sticking with the original plan.

IMO, he has controlled the game from the onset without really "controlling" people.

Prime example, at least by the editing last night, was the discussion of possibly not voting the Mom out.

He let the discussion happen when Ciera brought up a different vote, and then talked to others in the alliance that they were sticking with their vote.. and based on Ciera's vote I'm sure he went back to her and let her know that they were sticking with the original plan.
If Tyson wins, he will definitely deserve it. I just don't like him personally so I would rather see someone else win but if he makes it to the final vote I'm not sure anyone could argue someone else played a better game.

Why would you tell Monica, you only need 4.

BTW, you've got to think Monica is in the final 3 already. Everyone hates her so everyone is going to want to bring her to the final tribal. By the time you're at 7, that person is generally safe.

Is there only one idol in play and Tyson has it?

The clue Katie had looked pretty specific, I'm surprised she couldn't find it.

Yes. I believe the "other" camp (returning players) had one as well, but, after Tyson switched to the "loved ones" tribe he found theirs, and that's the camp they're using after the merge.

Although presumably the winner of the Redemption Island duels could have given the same clue to a member of either tribe, so maybe "the tree by the waterfall" is between both camps and would be known to each side (or the producers replace the handed-off (if not burned) clue off-camera with the "real" one).

I think Tyson has the only idol and the clue last night was to the spot where he found it. I'm unclear on how he knew to look there though because they've been burning the clues all season. Maybe someone can refresh my memory on that.

At this point I think the answer is :yes:

The clue she read was all of the clues to this point combined and they all pointed to a "gnarly" rooted tree on the way to water. Which is where Tyson found the Idol.

I think Tyson has the only idol and the clue last night was to the spot where he found it. I'm unclear on how he knew to look there though because they've been burning the clues all season. Maybe someone can refresh my memory on that.
Caleb told Tyson the vague info that Candice's husband John received from the clues she gave him early on. "Tree with a snake" and "by the water". He figured out the rest.

divination

If Tyson wins, he will definitely deserve it. I just don't like him personally so I would rather see someone else win but if he makes it to the final vote I'm not sure anyone could argue someone else played a better game.
I have always liked Tyson and his light-hearted, sarcastic approach to the game. He usually makes me laugh at least once per episode... "You're welcome ladies" when he took off his shirt was the most recent.

Edit to add: I hope he wins this one.

If Vytas somehow managed to make it back and get to the end, he could make a case for himself considering how he did with the hands he was dealt along the way.

I have always liked Tyson and his light-hearted, sarcastic approach to the game. He usually makes me laugh at least once per episode... "You're welcome ladies" when he took off his shirt was the most recent.

:goodposting:

Katie continues a long line of women who at first are just regular chicks not worth checking out, and after watching them for a few months they turn into really attractive chicks who you want to see more of.

Katie continues a long line of women who at first are just regular chicks not worth checking out, and after watching them for a few months they turn into really attractive chicks who you want to see more of.
The Survivor diet helps. She has to have dropped 10 pounds or more.

She is one of the girls you see looking totally different at the reunion once their weight goes back on.

:goodposting:
Tyson playing a great game. Controlling the decisions without being overbearing. Found the idol without anyone knowing. Savvy moves left and right.

Based on the editing I can't see anyone but Tyson winning. Could be Ciera and Laura with him at the end. I'd love to see Gervase win but he's hardly getting any screentime.

Users who are viewing this thread