What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Surfing Thread*** (1 Viewer)

pipe trials running today in some decent conditions, gonna get big this week for the main event. worldsurfleague.com to watch

I lived in near the beach in SoCal for a few years in middle school / high school and spent a few years being a kook. Have been on a kick of surf books recently for some reason. 

Welcome to Paradise, Now Go to Hell - This writer is a total doosh but the book is good because of that. About the North Shore, locals, surfing, and the author being a jackass.

Kook - Great writer (Peter Heller) who learns how to surf when he's like 40 or something.

The Dogs of Winter - In the middle of this one. It's not really about surfing so much but it's pretty good.

I lived in near the beach in SoCal for a few years in middle school / high school and spent a few years being a kook. Have been on a kick of surf books recently for some reason. 

Welcome to Paradise, Now Go to Hell - This writer is a total doosh but the book is good because of that. About the North Shore, locals, surfing, and the author being a jackass.

Kook - Great writer (Peter Heller) who learns how to surf when he's like 40 or something.

The Dogs of Winter - In the middle of this one. It's not really about surfing so much but it's pretty good.
Yeah Chas Smith is a #####, his book cocaine + surfing is awful. It never really gets into the drug scene as the title would suggest, just some small rumors which is lame.

Barbarian days however is a great book, the writing is awesome but the book could have been a bit shorter.

Yeah Chas Smith is a #####, his book cocaine + surfing is awful. It never really gets into the drug scene as the title would suggest, just some small rumors which is lame.

Barbarian days however is a great book, the writing is awesome but the book could have been a bit shorter.
If you get past the guy the stuff in this book is pretty good about the North Sure, Da Hui, The Pipeline classic, etc. 

I will check out Barbarian Days it is constantly showing up in my Kindle suggestions because of the other books I have bought recently.

Users who are viewing this thread