What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL Steven Jackson Injury Thread (1 Viewer)

paulbertini

Footballguy
All I've seen so far...

Steven Jackson to have MRI Monday morning

Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo revealed Sunday night that Steven Jackson (groin) is scheduled for an MRI Monday morning.

Jackson pulled his groin after racking up 64 total yards and a touchdown Sunday. Spagnuolo said he is "fairly certain" that S-Jax's groin is not torn, but the Rams will know more after the exam. The Rams lack effective backups behind Jackson, so they may opt to go pass heavy if the running back misses any time. Kenneth Darby is next on the depth chart, and possible free agent addition Larry Johnson no longer offers difference making ability.

Sep. 26 - 8:31 pm et

Source: St. Louis Rams on Twitter

I'm hoping that it's a 1 or 2 week thing at the most because I'm looking to sell him. I have Turner/Mendenhall/Lynch/Hightower behind him. He's a luxury to have but he really has not looked explosive at all. At the end of his long touchdown run today he looked like he was barely going to make it over the pylon.

RedskinsFan said:
Im cursedWeek 1 I lost my 4th round pick Ryan GrantWeek 2 I lost the RB I traded my second round pick Randy Moss for because of the week 1 injury Ryan MathewsWeek 3 I lose my first round pick Steven JacksonSorry everyone
SJax may not miss time we won't know until Monday

RedskinsFan said:
Im cursedWeek 1 I lost my 4th round pick Ryan GrantWeek 2 I lost the RB I traded my second round pick Randy Moss for because of the week 1 injury Ryan MathewsWeek 3 I lose my first round pick Steven JacksonSorry everyone
I hope he's fine. He looked ok standing on the sidelines. This is the first time for me after playing FF for a decade to see three straight weeks of losing a starting RB. I'm sure weirder things have happened but man talk about a bad feeling

Yes, he was standing on the sidelines and did look ok.

I hope its not as serious as it looked painful. They did the old "take a wish on a wishbone" with his legs. Ouch! Separated his legs in a nasty looking split. He's probably pretty limber and did seem ok after but didn't play at all. As it turned out that the almighty Rams offense didn't need him to come back for the W.

So yea, hopefully more like Turner because he sure looked fine today as Atlanta beat the Saints.

Jackson did look great before the injury. We'll soon see and hope for the best.

The play is on the highlights at nfl.com:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010092607/2...ams/watch#watch

RedskinsFan said:
I hope he's fine. He looked ok standing on the sidelines. This is the first time for me after playing FF for a decade to see three straight weeks of losing a starting RB. I'm sure weirder things have happened but man talk about a bad feeling
Wait so who else is on your roster?? :lmao:

He's a luxury to have but he really has not looked explosive at all. At the end of his long touchdown run today he looked like he was barely going to make it over the pylon.
:lmao: That run showcased just about everything I could ask for. Incredible combination of vision, balance and speed in one run.

I hope its not as serious as it looked painful. They did the old "take a wish on a wishbone" with his legs. Ouch! Separated his legs in a nasty looking split. He's probably pretty limber and did seem ok after but didn't play at all. As it turned out that the almighty Rams offense didn't need him to come back for the W.

So yea, hopefully more like Turner because he sure looked fine today as Atlanta beat the Saints.

Jackson did look great before the injury. We'll soon see and hope for the best.

The play is on the highlights at nfl.com:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010092607/2...ams/watch#watch
If he plays next week, SJAX owners will dodge a huge bullet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every year people draft him in the top 10 and every year he gets hurt missing a good chunk of the season.
He has had the injury bug in the past, but played a full season last year. He missed a good chunk of the end zone, to be sure, but that was mainly due to the state of the team.

Every year people draft him in the top 10 and every year he gets hurt missing a good chunk of the season.
He has had the injury bug in the past, but played a full season last year. He missed a good chunk of the end zone, to be sure, but that was mainly due to the state of the team.
It just amazes me that he's rank top-10 every year and never lives up to (ok, maybe once). I know the fact that he's not in a RBBC and the clear cut starter makes the difference, but it just seems like we're having the same conversation with SJax every year.

I got sucked into him this year thinking he was great value at #14. Thank God for Arian Foster.

It just amazes me that he's rank top-10 every year and never lives up to (ok, maybe once). I know the fact that he's not in a RBBC and the clear cut starter makes the difference, but it just seems like we're having the same conversation with SJax every year.
I'll give you that one. He clearly has top-tier talent with minimal competition for touches. Problem is he has been banged up in the past , and when he has been healthy, the team has had a pretty lackluster offense.ETA: but anyway, we are here to discuss his injury, not his past accomplishments

I don't think there's a single back in the league who could have come out of that play without an injured groin. His legs were yanked apart like a ballerina doing the splits.

I watched Deuce McAllister walk off Lambeau Field with a knee injury. I was convinced based on the fact he was walking without a limp and didn't look injured at all that he would be fine. On Monday, they announced he was out for the season. I'm hoping for the best for SJax but I've learned not to gauge potential injury scenarios based on whether a player can walk off the field or if they look OK on the sidelines.

I watched Deuce McAllister walk off Lambeau Field with a knee injury. I was convinced based on the fact he was walking without a limp and didn't look injured at all that he would be fine. On Monday, they announced he was out for the season. I'm hoping for the best for SJax but I've learned not to gauge potential injury scenarios based on whether a player can walk off the field or if they look OK on the sidelines.
:D Considering that a groin injury is a problem when moving rather than when standing still, there's little information to get out of the fact that he was standing there.

:goodposting: Considering that a groin injury is a problem when moving rather than when standing still, there's little information to get out of the fact that he was standing there.
A RB with a groin injury is problematic and it hurts like hell. I could see SJax missing a couple of games to let it heal. I would actually be relieved if this ends up being the case.

It's definitely not like Turner's and it's definitely not good. He was in some seriouse pain on the sideline when the trainers were working on him.

I would be happy with 4 weeks.

Update from Jackson on Twitter. He's going in for his MRI now:

I'm just getting to the hospital for my MRI. I'm walking around pretty cool. Thx u for your prayers, I'll update you all when Im done.

Update from Jackson on Twitter. He's going in for his MRI now:I'm just getting to the hospital for my MRI. I'm walking around pretty cool. Thx u for your prayers, I'll update you all when Im done.
You gotta love players that have deep concern for their fantasy owners.

bc we really do have the same conversation. ppl with minimal analysis skills easily illustrate to the doubters that he is always rated top10 back, bc he always produces like one.

Update from Jackson on Twitter. He's going in for his MRI now:

I'm just getting to the hospital for my MRI. I'm walking around pretty cool. Thx u for your prayers, I'll update you all when Im done and will let you know whether you can drop me from your rosters.
Fixed.

DAMN! I had an offer on the table for this bum! I was about to get a 2011 1st and 3rd for him and now this. Figures.

2 years ago he tweaked the groin and all season he would start games only to leave early when the groin acted up.

I had to cut Darby in order to pick up Vick. Like others have mentioned, I don't think Darby will be that good anyway.

Terreance Trent D'Arby is the back up, right?
Gonna need a wishing well if you expect long-term production from him.
Not to get too far off topic, but I think these "scrubby" starters are going to be that much more important now that bye weeks are starting up.For example, I'm going to be without Peterson, F. Jones, M. Barber, and now Jahvid Best due to injury this week. I'd LOVE to have D'Arby as one my starters this week.

I have a HUGE mancrush on SJAX. So this sucks, especially for my fantasy team. Im hoping for the best tho, that's all you can do right now. I think the question now becomes, how good is Darby? He didnt look bad when he played. He caught 19 passes last year in limited time so he seems to have good hands. And he has a career 4.5 ypc albeit on only 78 carries. At 5-10, 211 pounds he has decent size. He looked pretty quick on that td run yesterday. If you are an sjax owner, and this injury is anything more than a week, would you be forced to use the #1 ww pick on Darby? Even if you dont own sjax, how high do you put darby when looking at his upcoming slate vs the seahawks and at the lions?

Users who are viewing this thread