What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (1 Viewer)

I mean, just the other day he uttered the teleprompter talking points like "repeat the line".  And the White House team tried to strike that from the official record to cover it up.  Cognitive dissonance at its finest from @sho nuff.  Blame the people pointing out the obvious.  Unbelievable.

It goes to show you that certain people see the world not as it really is, but as they wish it to be.  They do this out of weakness - for some strange reason they can't bring themselves to admit the obvious because it's "their guy."  Sad.

Entirely disingenuous take by you.  "Clearly gesturing and asking which chair is his?"  Really?  Do you do that by stopping, turning, and extending your hand out like a handshake?  Good Lord, talk about willful denial.  He did the same thing a few months ago.

The guy is shot.  There are plenty of reports out there that he is is shot.  The Democrats and MSM are even floating stories that he is shuffling and they are scared he might even fall over when he walks.  And he did, in fact, fall over on his bike a few weeks ago.  Why do you feel the need to imply that this is somehow being made up by the Right Wing?  It really makes you lose credibility.
No. It was an entirely disingenuous take that you and Tucker and Clay Travis and RNC Research have pushed based on that truncated clip.

Yes if i gesture with a hand (which Biden seems to have done before in a direction ) its to an location. It seems pretty clear that is  exactly what he is doing there

That is not to say he is 100% as sharp as he ever was.

Lose credibility…you are  talking w Tucker Carlson and you want to complain about my credibility?  Please

Tucker Carlson has none outside of right wing circles.  He is completely untrustworthy for anything.  

I mean, just the other day he uttered the teleprompter talking points like "repeat the line".  And the White House team tried to strike that from the official record to cover it up.  Cognitive dissonance at its finest from @sho nuff.  Blame the people pointing out the obvious.  Unbelievable.

It goes to show you that certain people see the world not as it really is, but as they wish it to be.  They do this out of weakness - for some strange reason they can't bring themselves to admit the obvious because it's "their guy."  Sad.
I didn’t say much of him reading the prompter actually.

Biden is still bad…wasn’t my guy…and won’t be.   But still preferable to his predecessor in so many ways.

And no need to get personal .  
See it as it really is?  

Sorry…what Tucker Carlson says is not reality.  Quite often the opposite.

I didn’t say much of him reading the prompter actually.

Biden is still bad…wasn’t my guy…and won’t be.   But still preferable to his predecessor in so many ways.

And no need to get personal .  
See it as it really is?  

Sorry…what Tucker Carlson says is not reality.  Quite often the opposite.
I wasn't trying to get personal.  I was just really surprised that you didn't see the Tel-Aviv walk-away as seriously as I did.  I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he did it in NC, but this one????   For me, it was a sudden realization that our President is not fit for the job.  My Dad had early-onset dementia.  I know exactly what it looks like, and sadly it looks like Joe Biden.  Believe me, I take not one once of satisfaction from that.  The true tragedy of it is these great people (and I include Joe Biden in this) should be allowed to sail into the sunset of their careers with the respect and well wishes they deserve.

Keep in mind, I voted for Biden.  I don't like seeing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Schiff throws some shade on Joe.

Also voicing criticism of Biden was California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff, who tweeted, "If we ever needed a visual reminder of the continuing grip oil-rich autocrats have on U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East, we got it today."

"One fist bump is worth a thousand words," Schiff added.

I know people joke about Biden`s mental decline but at this point and what has happened on the world stage last couple of times it really is not funny anymore.  It should be very concerning for all of us. 

Biden was the oldest POTUS ever elected but be it the stress of the job or whatever he has really aged the last 18 months.  Very worried that he will not be able to fulfill a 4 year term the way he looks and acts now. Also worried about his decision making ability for the good of our country.

I know people joke about Biden`s mental decline but at this point and what has happened on the world stage last couple of times it really is not funny anymore.  It should be very concerning for all of us. 

Biden was the oldest POTUS ever elected but be it the stress of the job or whatever he has really aged the last 18 months.  Very worried that he will not be able to fulfill a 4 year term the way he looks and acts now. Also worried about his decision making ability for the good of our country.
We have seen many healthy presidents age fast so joes age is just accelerating the process.  Guessing his handlers will just hide him at some point.

Every couple of days I look into this thread to see if there is serious, reasonable criticism of Joe Biden that I can either take issue with, or in some instances actually agree with. Sadly, such posts are pretty rare. Oh well, I’ll look in again a few days from now. Hopefully then…

Every couple of days I look into this thread to see if there is serious, reasonable criticism of Joe Biden that I can either take issue with, or in some instances actually agree with. Sadly, such posts are pretty rare. Oh well, I’ll look in again a few days from now. Hopefully then…
This video was a particularly weak attempt at misleading folks.

So weak here…he is clearly gesturing and asking which chair is his.  But thats what you get from the Tuckers and Clay Travis and RNC Research’s of the world.

And some folks here just eat it up believing Tucker's take without even bothering to verify the truth of this claim because it confirms the false narrative of Biden dementia they have been fed.  :(

Every few days I check in here to see if their is any positive news about Biden accomplishments (I also check the National news networks as well) sadly the news about the economy and the  middle class is all negative.  I given up hope for any real positive news in the next two plus years.

Every few days I check in here to see if their is any positive news about Biden accomplishments (I also check the National news networks as well) sadly the news about the economy and the  middle class is all negative.  I given up hope for any real positive news in the next two plus years.
I have listed several positive things he has done. I will continue to do so. 

Well, we knew someone had to fall within the 33% approval category.

Blind people.

Anyone who`s ever been in an assisted living rehab hospital has seen the way the very old and feeble move about , and thats exactly how JB is moving , very confused at every turn and zero confidence . It takes him 10 to 30 seconds sometimes to understand whats happening around him at these events . If he wasnt the POTUS and just some guy roaming around Walmart ,you would want to walk over to him and ask him if he needs any help ,and im dead serious ,that would be MY first impulse . ''Excuse me sir , is there anything i can do to help you ,are you here alone ? 

Anyone who`s ever been in an assisted living rehab hospital has seen the way the very old and feeble move about , and thats exactly how JB is moving , very confused at every turn and zero confidence . It takes him 10 to 30 seconds sometimes to understand whats happening around him at these events . If he wasnt the POTUS and just some guy roaming around Walmart ,you would want to walk over to him and ask him if he needs any help ,and im dead serious ,that would be MY first impulse . ''Excuse me sir , is there anything i can do to help you ,are you here alone ? 
It’s a tough watch, no doubt.  

Biden is so embarrassing to watch.  I hope he makes it to the end of his term, because the other option is worse in many ways.

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/776645-trump-to-infinity-and-beyond-hq-the-great-and-positive-place/?do=findComment&comment=22811031

timschochet Posted June 27, 2020

Biden is not going to tax you like Bernie would have. Biden gets that heavy taxation is bad for economic recovery. 

Direct Headline: Op-Ed: Biden proposes largest tax increase since LBJ

Every Democrat running for every office in the United States echoes a standard campaign theme: "I plan on taxing the rich and spreading the wealth around." They chant, the rich do not "pay their fair share of taxes and it is time that they do." They preach, "It is time to reduce income inequality." Their gospel is, "Those who have benefited the most should help those who have benefited least."...Who do leftists consider rich when they obsess about raising taxes? The Tax Policy Center says about 10% of U.S. households have incomes over $200,000. The top fifth of them pay 69% of all federal taxes. If "the rich" already pays more than their fair share, why does the left always demand that they must pay more? This is the paradigmatic liberal axiom: "It is time that we punish the rich...."

Biden's 2023 fiscal budget re-proposes all of the bad ideas that Congress won't pass and adds a new twist – "the coveted liberal wealth tax." Biden is obviously pivoting further left to fire up sullen progressives for the midterm elections. This gives them new ammunition to assail the evil GOP. "All we are doing is equalizing the playing field, making sure the rich will pay their fair share." – Joe Biden

...Biden's wish-list calls for increasing the top marginal income tax rate to 39.6% from 37%. It would also nearly double taxes on capital gains to 39.6% for people earning over $1 million. This would be the highest tax rate on investment gains since the 1920s. The rate has never exceeded 33.8%.....The left calls this a “billionaire tax,” which is the standard progressive narrative. But billionaires are not the only ones punished. It applies to income and "increased annual value of assets." This taxes "unrealized capital gains," which are not taxed until assets are converted to income. In other words, Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders will be getting the wealth tax they have been begging for....

....This tax scheme will enormously complicate the tax code and creates huge investment distortions. Since liquid assets make up less than 20% of their wealth, investors will have an incentive to hold liquid assets, such as real estate, to avoid liquidating stock to pay taxes. Rather than sell stock to diversify or reinvest, investors will be forced to sell stock to pay taxes on unrealized capital gains....In simple terms, this means that hundreds of successful entrepreneurs and small business owners, who accumulated wealth over decades through innovation and hard work, will be punished for their success. Any tax that the left proposes always "applies to a few," and spreads to millions overnight....

....News of Biden's proposed tax hike swept through investment circles like an EF5 tornado. The S&P 500 index immediately dropped 1%, the sharpest Wall Street decline this year. Fund manager Thomas Hayes exclaimed, "If we thought this had a chance to pass, the market would have dropped 2,000 points....There is another fly in the ointment in Biden's tax scheme; it is illegal! The Constitution states that Congress may only impose “direct taxes.” Although the 16th Amendment established an income tax, unrealized capital gains are not income. In other words, Biden is taxing "anticipated income?"

Wealthy Americans could face an overall federal capital gains tax rate of 43.4%, including the 3.8% net investment tax on individuals with income of $200,000 or more ($250,000 married filing jointly)....Currently, those earning more than $200,000 pay a capital gains rate of an average high of 23.8%...The Tax Foundation's Erica York said, Biden's tax increase would drive U.S. capital gains taxes to the top of global charts. Capital gains taxes in Europe average 19%. Denmark had the highest rate at 42%, followed by France and Finland at 34%. These countries finance socialized medicine and generous entitlements the U.S. does not have, which makes Biden's tax hikes even more offensive!

Biden's tax increases would generate over $1 trillion, which is on top of his $2.3 trillion jobs and infrastructure plan that many Americans are now rejecting due to rising prices and inflation. This will likely mean that Democrats will be forced to push this through Congress using reconciliation...York added, in the states and cities that assess their own capital gains levy, Biden's plan would push the total capital gains rate to over 50%. The rate would rise to 56.7% in California, 58.2% in New York City and 57.3% in Portland, Oregon. He said investors will take their capital elsewhere....

....Although Biden promised not to raise taxes on those making under $400,000 a year, one White House spokesman said Biden is looking at capping the interest deductions for homeowners. By decreasing this traditional real estate tax write-off, this will affect every person who owns a home...It took Jimmy Carter four years to destroy the U.S. economy, but Biden did the same in under a year. With the Fed raising interest rates, runaway inflation, and investors running scared, a tax increase of this amplitude will domino into a recession. This will complete Joe Biden's "make-over" into the second coming of Jimmy Carter.....Biden gave us double digit inflation, labor shortages, a broken supply chain and high energy prices. All of America realizes, except Joe Biden and progressives: "Nobody can tax and spend their way to prosperity." Biden's "punish the rich" tax increase will result in less investment, a loss of jobs, decreased capital gains taxes, and a major recession....

By William Haupt III May 1, 2022

https://www.thecentersquare.com/national/op-ed-biden-proposes-largest-tax-increase-since-lbj/article_cca22c4a-c94e-11ec-8a07-9341c6353e5e.html

Direct HeadlineBiden Budget Would Raise Income Tax Rates to Highest in Developed World

...The Biden budget assumes the Build Back Better Act (BBBA) becomes law and is somehow made deficit neutral. Our analysis, like that of the Congressional Budget Office, indicates BBBA as passed by the House is not deficit neutral, but rather would increase deficits by more than $800 billion over the next decade. Furthermore, because the bill proposes several tax increases that raise marginal tax rates on individual and corporate income, we find it would reduce the size of the economy over the long run by 0.5 percent and eliminate 125,000 jobs...

...The FY 2023 budget proposes several new tax increases on high-income individuals and businesses, which in combination with the BBBA would give the U.S. the highest top tax rates on individual and corporate income in the developed world. The largest proposed tax hike is an increase in the corporate tax rate from 21 percent to 28 percent, which the administration estimates would raise $1.3 trillion over 10 years. We estimated such a tax increase, which was proposed in last year’s budget, would raise $954 billion over 10 years and would shrink the economy by 0.7 percent and eliminate 145,000 jobs. Another proposal reprised from last year’s budget, taxing unrealized capital gains at death and raising the top tax rate on capital gains and dividends from 20 percent to 39.6 percent, would shrink the economy by about 0.3 percent and eliminate 27,000 jobs....

...The administration also proposes a novel and complex tax increase on the unrealized capital gains of high-net worth individuals, hitting entrepreneurial founders of many of our greatest and most creative companies, even though under current law these companies pay corporate tax and shareholders pay dividend taxes on what remains. At the very least, this sends the signal that creating and growing successful companies in America is no longer welcome....The administration proposes a cluster of novel and complex tax increases on U.S. multinational companies attempting to do business abroad, providing more reasons to avoid America as a place to start and grow a business, and giving other countries an advantage in attracting highly mobile corporate investment.....

....Does the administration have any cost/benefit analysis to indicate these programs are worthwhile expenditures of taxpayer money, especially at a time when the administration expects the national debt will increase by more than $14 trillion over the next 10 years under their proposals?

William McBride Alex Durante March 31, 2022

https://taxfoundation.org/biden-budget-tax/

Tim, nearly all Americans, including people here who are parents, don't want their children and grandchildren to have their economic and financial futures destroyed by the idiotic hard left Blue fantasy land Monopoly money musings being proposed today that might inexplicably end up as actual real public policy in the near term.

Go on, start your gaslighting. It's your go to move. It's like Chubby Checker and The Twist.

This would be easier on everyone here if you just made a full list of all the Conservatives and Republicans you wanted permanently banned out of the PSF. It would save everyone the tedium of your constant bait. The actual practical political discussion above on Biden's tax ideology is a better response than you deserve.

There’s only one person on that list. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/788026-timschochet’s-political-thoughts-and-commentary-back-in-here-until-the-election-is-done/?do=findComment&comment=23036167

timschochet Posted October 24, 2020 (edited)

I don’t think you can reasonably make the argument that Joe Biden is a historically bad candidate. At worst, Biden is a mediocrity- but he very well may end up rising above that, not because of the election but because of Covid and how he deals with it.

I know this sounds silly right now but Joe Biden might one day be regarded as one of our great Presidents based almost solely on how he deals with Covid as compared to how Trump handled it.

I started to give some thought, as you say, about lists with only one name on them.

For example, if I started a list of people here who would put "Joe Biden" into the same sentence as "Regarded As One Of Our Great Presidents", I'm pretty sure there would only be one name written down.

Tim, Don't Say "Daddy Chill" To Old Man Gekko

Adam Schiff throws some shade on Joe.

Also voicing criticism of Biden was California Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff, who tweeted, "If we ever needed a visual reminder of the continuing grip oil-rich autocrats have on U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East, we got it today."

"One fist bump is worth a thousand words," Schiff added.
Didn’t Schiff also criticize Biden for his lack of effort on controlling inflation.  It seems every day another Dem turns on Biden.  I bet the invites he gets to attend Dems re-election rallies is very short.  I know in Az Kelly is trying to distance himself from Biden and his policies.

It never ends. Think of your grandparents when they were 80 and how they acted.

Then try to think of them trying to run Bingo night at the local church for a group of 500.

Tim is in total denial about his mental acuity.
I used to visit my Dad in the Assisted Living facility ever Saturday night for Bingo.  I’d say that one out of every three people who said “Bingo” had wrong answers on their card. 

Biden is so embarrassing to watch.  I hope he makes it to the end of his term, because the other option is worse in many ways.
Honestly this might be good for the midterms and 2024. 

Harris is so bad politically that she may make Biden look good in Hindsight , which would help the right during the upcoming  elections

It never ends. Think of your grandparents when they were 80 and how they acted.

Then try to think of them trying to run Bingo night at the local church for a group of 500.

Tim is in total denial about his mental acuity.
Absolutely.  My parents are 75, and while my mother is still really sharp mentally, there is no way she could keep up with the job of president.  She repeats stories with decent frequency and takes longer to process now than she used to.  My dad, OTOH, is much more similar to Biden.  I barely trust him to drive my son to the golf course, for fear he might get lost on the way.  It is frightening beyond belief to think about Biden being even older — and watching Biden, he seems further down the path than my dad.

Biden fails to secure oil and regional security commitments at Arab summit

I would start revoking drilling permits that are not in use and leverage that somehow between oil companies.  

What I really would do is have the government buyout a gas company and leverage those drill permits for government controlled gas and price - and kick those oil companies right between the legs

Absolutely.  My parents are 75, and while my mother is still really sharp mentally, there is no way she could keep up with the job of president.  She repeats stories with decent frequency and takes longer to process now than she used to.  My dad, OTOH, is much more similar to Biden.  I barely trust him to drive my son to the golf course, for fear he might get lost on the way.  It is frightening beyond belief to think about Biden being even older — and watching Biden, he seems further down the path than my dad.

and people voted knowing that :(  

and people voted knowing that :(  
I recognize that you won’t agree with this, but I would vote for him over Trump again in the general election.  I’ll never vote for a con man who wants to be a dictator, who is willing to destroy democracy for his own ego.

That said, Biden was my last choice amongst all Dems for the nominee, and I would have voted for most Republican nominees over Biden.

I recognize that you won’t agree with this, but I would vote for him over Trump again in the general election.  I’ll never vote for a con man who wants to be a dictator, who is willing to destroy democracy for his own ego.

That said, Biden was my last choice amongst all Dems for the nominee, and I would have voted for most Republican nominees over Biden.

well all I can say is, this last 18 months is what Biden voters asked for - they voted full well knowing what Biden promised and his mental states etc

well all I can say is, this last 18 months is what Biden voters asked for - they voted full well knowing what Biden promised and his mental states etc
I made a post 2 weeks ago...with exactly why I voted Biden and why i think Trump was bad and we would not be in a better place today had he won.  You asked me for links to back up my point.  I provided them.  For over two week now...you have predictably ignored that and posted a ton in here and in other theads...now repeating the same things that lead to that post I made.  Maybe try understanding what people supported...and what complaints they had about the previous guy rather than just repeating the same thing every few weeks?

I made a post 2 weeks ago...with exactly why I voted Biden and why i think Trump was bad and we would not be in a better place today had he won.  You asked me for links to back up my point.  I provided them.  For over two week now...you have predictably ignored that and posted a ton in here and in other theads...now repeating the same things that lead to that post I made.  Maybe try understanding what people supported...and what complaints they had about the previous guy rather than just repeating the same thing every few weeks?

I asked for what post that was - because I was on road trip and didn't see and didn't find it

I'll look again - can you tell me what page at least ?

It's what he does Sho.

Didn’t Schiff also criticize Biden for his lack of effort on controlling inflation.  It seems every day another Dem turns on Biden.  I bet the invites he gets to attend Dems re-election rallies is very short.  I know in Az Kelly is trying to distance himself from Biden and his policies.

I see this is as a good thing. I don't want politicians falling in line because of the letter next to their name. 

No disagreement.  Similarly, people who voted for Trump got Jan 6th and an attempted overthrow of the govt.

which didn't happen but yes, we got Trump the elitist, Trump the fighter, Trump the guy who wasn't going to give up (coincidently Biden wasn't ever going to give up either and had the biggest lawyer force assembled to continue fighting even if Trump had won)

but yes - I voted Trump and the tweeting and little name calling and continued jousts with media all came with Trumpe But dang I miss a lot about how this country was going

ya'll will look back and not miss anything about the way the country is going with Biden ! you got all this bad and the bad President combined, double fail !!!

which didn't happen but yes, we got Trump the elitist, Trump the fighter, Trump the guy who wasn't going to give up (coincidently Biden wasn't ever going to give up either and had the biggest lawyer force assembled to continue fighting even if Trump had won)

but yes - I voted Trump and the tweeting and little name calling and continued jousts with media all came with Trumpe But dang I miss a lot about how this country was going

ya'll will look back and not miss anything about the way the country is going with Biden ! you got all this bad and the bad President combined, double fail !!!
Appreciate the reply.  I understand and accept that we don’t see eye to eye — that’s ok.  Especially appreciate the respectful back and forth.

We definitely both agree that the country is struggling, and that Biden doesn’t know how to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread