What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Pick #2 Thread (1 Viewer)

greedygoat

Footballguy
Round 1 - Assuming Adrian Peterson is off the board, who do you like #2? MJD, Turner, Forte, other? I'm leaning MJD in ppr or even non-ppr.

Round 2 - RB2, WR1 or QB? In mocks I've seen Portis, Jacobs or Barber go here, or a WR like Wayne, Steve Smith or Jennings.

Round 3 - WR1, WR2 or RB2?

Last edited by a moderator:
I loaded my league scoring system into the Draft Dominator and completed a 10-team mock (No ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR) draft at Fantasy Football Calculator Taking best available player I ended up with:

1.02 - Adrian Peterson - Turner went first, probably won't happen on draft day. Most likely looking at MJD or Turner here.

2.09 - Clinton Portis - Could have gone with a WR1 here like Smith, Wayne or Jennings, but I figured I'd get 1 with my next pick.

3.02 - Steve Smith - Easy pick here over other available WR's White, Boldin & Bowe.

4.09 - Aaron Rodgers - Best available player according to DD

5.02 - Antonio Gates - I could have grabbed a WR2 like Marshall or Ocho Cinco, but DD said Gates.

6.09 - Santonio Holmes - Was locked in on a WR2 with this pick & was pretty stoked to see Holmes available.

7.02 - Bernard Berrian - Other available WR's were (Bryant, Ward, Royal & Evans).

In a year where it seems like alot more people are taking at least 1 WR with their first 2 picks there seems to be alot of value at RB at the 2.09 pick with Portis, Jacobs and Westbrook all available. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions ?

Right now I'm going with MJD and then hoping Boldin falls to me at 2.11.

If he does I take him and then whatever RB is there at 3.2. In my mock it has been Pierre Thomas; not a bad start.

Anthony Gonzalez has been there at 4.11

This on DD, going off each owner's tendency and draft history.

12 team, PPR, 1/2/2 Superflex.

Who knows though, I am VERY on board with the NE offense. Have thought about gambling with Brady #2 OA, then going RB/WR the next two turns.

Right now I'm going with MJD and then hoping Boldin falls to me at 2.11. If he does I take him and then whatever RB is there at 3.2. In my mock it has been Pierre Thomas; not a bad start. Anthony Gonzalez has been there at 4.11This on DD, going off each owner's tendency and draft history. 12 team, PPR, 1/2/2 Superflex.Who knows though, I am VERY on board with the NE offense. Have thought about gambling with Brady #2 OA, then going RB/WR the next two turns.
No offense, but posts like this make me wonder if this site is more about disinformation than information. Brady #2 overall, huh?

Right now I'm going with MJD and then hoping Boldin falls to me at 2.11. If he does I take him and then whatever RB is there at 3.2. In my mock it has been Pierre Thomas; not a bad start. Anthony Gonzalez has been there at 4.11This on DD, going off each owner's tendency and draft history. 12 team, PPR, 1/2/2 Superflex.Who knows though, I am VERY on board with the NE offense. Have thought about gambling with Brady #2 OA, then going RB/WR the next two turns.
No offense, but posts like this make me wonder if this site is more about disinformation than information. Brady #2 overall, huh?
He owned our scoring system in 2007. We can also start 2 qb's with the superflex. Please note that I said I have though about "gambling" with Brady. "Sluff QB's" if you want, that doesn't work in my league.ETA: I realize he owned all scoring systems in 2007; in our system he had 140 pts more than #2 QB, 100 pts more than LT. Moss and Brady were the only players to score more than 400 pts in our league.That may not be VBD; but that's the truth.

Just finished up my draft - a 10 team league, with a starting roster of 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, WR/RB, WR/TE, K, DEF. Coming in, I knew I was grabbing MJD with the #2, and then looking to go Wayne and Jennings in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. In the 4th, I thought I'd grab my 1st QB and then grab Knowshon as a RB2 in the 5th. I was also intrigued with Donald Brown at the 6th or 7th round. My only hesitation was that at the time of our draft, neither Knowshon or D. Brown has been signed (Brown signed later in the day).

Well, once the draft hit, players fell to me that I didn't think would.

1. MJD - Stuck to my original plan.

2. Portis - He slipped to me in the 2nd round, I never anticipated that happening.

3. Wayne - Stuck to my original plan.

4. McNabb - Stuck to my original plan.

5. Ryan Grant - Moreno was there for me in the 5th, but I backed out because I panicked about the contract situation. I saw too much value at Grant sitting there in the 5th.

6. Moreno - He was still there and I couldn't let him pass me a second time.

7. Cutler - The run on QBs went real fast, and Cutler was the last left before my tier drop-off.

I also ended up with Donald Brown at my RB5. I couldn't believe the value at RB that was dropping to late rounds this year. I ended up with a starting lineup of:

QB: McNabb

QB: Cutler

RB: MJD

RB: Portis

WR: Wayne

WR: DeSean Jackson

TE: Olsen

WR/RB: Grant/Moreno/D. Brown

WR/TE: Cotchery

I'm happy with the way my draft went, good luck at the 2 spot fellas.

Just finished up my draft - a 10 team league, with a starting roster of 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, WR/RB, WR/TE, K, DEF. Coming in, I knew I was grabbing MJD with the #2, and then looking to go Wayne and Jennings in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. In the 4th, I thought I'd grab my 1st QB and then grab Knowshon as a RB2 in the 5th. I was also intrigued with Donald Brown at the 6th or 7th round. My only hesitation was that at the time of our draft, neither Knowshon or D. Brown has been signed (Brown signed later in the day).

2. Portis - He slipped to me in the 2nd round, I never anticipated that happening.

5. Ryan Grant - Moreno was there for me in the 5th, but I backed out because I panicked about the contract situation. I saw too much value at Grant sitting there in the 5th.

7. Cutler - The run on QBs went real fast, and Cutler was the last left before my tier drop-off.

I also ended up with Donald Brown at my RB5. I couldn't believe the value at RB that was dropping to late rounds this year. I ended up with a starting lineup of:

Where did DeSean Jackson go, 8.09?

Where did DeSean Jackson go, 8.09?
Yes. The rest of the draft went like this:8. DeSean Jackson - I saw a handful of WRs at my pick in the beginning of Round 7, so that is why I chose Jay Cutler there. Among the WRs I passed on in Round 7 were Santonio Holmes, Eddie Royal, Lee Evans, Vincent Jackson, Anthony Gonzalez, Antonio Bryant, and DeSean Jackson. I had them all grouped similarly, and knew one would fall back to me - DeSean did.

9. Greg Olsen - I am very high on Olsen and there is a Chicago homer in the league picking 5 spots later that didn't have his TE yet.

10. Donald Brown - I traded up in Round 10 because I didn't think Donald would have fallen to me in the back of the 10th. Tons of upside here in Brown. In retrospect, if I would have known I could get Brown in Round 10 I would have backed off Grant and looked to grab Braylon Edwards, Ochocinco, or Welker...all of whom were still there at 5.02.

11. Cotchery

12. ---- (traded this pick with somebody's 16th - the price it took for me to get Donald Brown)

13. Chris Henry

14. Mike Walker - Whether it's because I am a homer or not I'm sure, but I am a lot higher on Mike Walker than everybody I've talked to. His glaring injuries in the past have hidden his talent - he showed a brief glimpse of the high expectations surrounding him last year. If he can stay healthy, and I know that's a big 'If', he could easily finish the year on my starting roster as a WR3.

15. Ladell Betts

16.07 and 16.09. Hakeem Nicks and Brady Quinn

17 and 18. San Diego D and Nate Kaeding.

Hope this is helpful.

He owned our scoring system in 2007. We can also start 2 qb's with the superflex. Please note that I said I have though about "gambling" with Brady. "Sluff QB's" if you want, that doesn't work in my league.ETA: I realize he owned all scoring systems in 2007; in our system he had 140 pts more than #2 QB, 100 pts more than LT. Moss and Brady were the only players to score more than 400 pts in our league.That may not be VBD; but that's the truth.
I wasn't paying attention to the QB-included superflex. My bad. Our "superflex" is R/W/T. I suppose if we started or had the ability to start two QBs I would be looking to snag QB1 early as well.

I wasn't paying attention to the QB-included superflex. My bad. Our "superflex" is R/W/T. I suppose if we started or had the ability to start two QBs I would be looking to snag QB1 early as well.
No worries Mookie (hated that dude with the Warriors); our league tends to draft QB's early, however, the 2 QB lineup is rarely used. QB's do go early though. Top 10 QB's are gone by Round 5. It would be a HUGE gamble to go with Brady even in my league; but the payoff even if he hits 75% of 2007 would put my team over the top.

I've been stewing with this #2 pick since I drew it in our Draft Lotto 3 weeks ago. 12 team PPR Redraft, 2 RB/3WR.

Sure, Peterson, MJD, and Forte COULD all be awesome, but I at least one issue with each of them that worries me away from wanting to making them my only pick before I get back around at #22. So I finally traded it:

My 1.02 & 8.11

for

1.10 & 3.10

Absolutely love the trade, and the awesome value I'm going to get now with 4 picks in the top 36. I like Steve Slaton, Chris Johnson, and Tomlinson just as much as I like the three guys I mentioned above, so hopefully one of them falls to 10. If not, I take my top WR and I'm 100% happy with that as well.

Just mocked with my first 6 picks:

1.10 - Chris Johnson

2.11 - Anquan Boldin

3.02 - Roddy White

3.10 - Ryan Grant

4.11 - Dallas Clark

5.02 - Philip Rivers

And honestly I'm not even that happy with those 6, but its still very powerful. Not crazy about Grant and Rivers, but they were definitely the best available in each spot. I may pull the trigger on Witten at that 3.10 spot, which I could've done here.

I've been stewing with this #2 pick since I drew it in our Draft Lotto 3 weeks ago. 12 team PPR Redraft, 2 RB/3WR. Sure, Peterson, MJD, and Forte COULD all be awesome, but I at least one issue with each of them that worries me away from wanting to making them my only pick before I get back around at #22. So I finally traded it:My 1.02 & 8.11 for1.10 & 3.10Absolutely love the trade, and the awesome value I'm going to get now with 4 picks in the top 36. I like Steve Slaton, Chris Johnson, and Tomlinson just as much as I like the three guys I mentioned above, so hopefully one of them falls to 10. If not, I take my top WR and I'm 100% happy with that as well. Just mocked with my first 6 picks:1.10 - Chris Johnson2.11 - Anquan Boldin3.02 - Roddy White3.10 - Ryan Grant4.11 - Dallas Clark5.02 - Philip RiversAnd honestly I'm not even that happy with those 6, but its still very powerful. Not crazy about Grant and Rivers, but they were definitely the best available in each spot. I may pull the trigger on Witten at that 3.10 spot, which I could've done here.
Way to work that trade :goodposting: He gave up a lot to NOT GET ADP.

Ok. Bear with me here, I'm going to give you as many details about my team and my league as possible so you can give me an accurate response. By the way, I appreciate ANYTHING you can give me here, I really do, thanks for your time for reading, and if you need any help, please ask away.

League is PPR, 6 pts for all touchdowns, 3 point bonus for 300 yards passing, 100 yards rushing, and 100 yards receiving. Negative 3 points for an INT and negative 2 points for a fumble.

We start 1QB, 2RB 3WR/TE, 1K, 1 D

I am currently the 2nd pick in a 10 team PPR league, where we each get two keepers year to year, but the catch is that the player cannot be kept if he was drafted in the first four rounds, so only the 5th round and up are keeper eligible. My keepers currently are Chris Johnson (8th rounder) and DeSean Jackson (13th rounder). So I don't have a pick in the 8th and 13th rounds this year. Also, keep in mind that we do a new order every two rounds, so in round 1 I have pick #2, round 2 = pick 19, round 3 = pick 24, round 4 = pick 37.

To give you an idea of players who are kept already, they include ADP, Forte, Michael Turner, DAngelo Williams, Steve Slaton, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Dwayne Bowe, Philip Rivers, Witten, Eddie Royal, Tony Romo, Wes Welker - that's just off the top of my head, the other 5 haven't been annouced yet, but that's what I know as of today.

As I said, I am pick #2 here, and am fairly certain that the owner picking #1 is going to go with MJD. Here's where my dilemma comes into play. Do I go ahead and pick Fitz? Or should I grab the best RB available, which would be either Gore or LT?

If I pick Fitz, late in the second I could shoot for either Ronnie Brown or Brandon Jacobs as my RB2, then grab a WR in the third, OR if I pick Gore, I can grab the best WR on the board, maybe Boldin or Colston, then another WR in the third.

Your thoughts? Fitz and either a Ronnie Brown/Jacobs or Gore and Boldin or Colston?

Many other people with the #2 pick trading?

After ADP...Forte, MJD, and Turner have basically the same value to me. I'm looking to trade to 4th or to the end of the first round.

Also seems that the 2nd round pick (2.11) can be troublesome. If all the first tier RBs and first 9 WRs (1st tier in my book) are gone by 2.11, do you reach for a RB like Bush/Brown/Jacobs, reach for a WR like Welker/Colston, or take a QB early?

Ok so i'd go with MJD in my ppr league....but my mock draft on draft dominator has MJD going 1st overall and has me selecting Larry Fitz over ADP! hmmmm

Bump...

Clearly in a PPR league you gotta go with MJD - I am (unless of course ADP doesn't go # 1 which I doubt). The question is, what strategy to employ with your picks in rounds # 2 and #3 in a PPR?

Do you come back and go RB/WR? WR/WR?

Already with Turner as a keeper I'm most likely going WR/WR but not sure what I'll do if Brady/Brees/Manning are there. I guess it depends on what WRs fall.

Already with Turner as a keeper I'm most likely going WR/WR but not sure what I'll do if Brady/Brees/Manning are there. I guess it depends on what WRs fall.
I just got offered 4th overall pick for my 2nd overall pick including all of his even round picks which would allow me to draft earlier in the even rounds and i still keep my 2nd pick in the odd rounds. Should i do it? I'd obviously be giving up an opportunity to have either Adrian Peterson or MJD on my squad.

I just got offered 4th overall pick for my 2nd overall pick including all of his even round picks which would allow me to draft earlier in the even rounds and i still keep my 2nd pick in the odd rounds. Should i do it? I'd obviously be giving up an opportunity to have either Adrian Peterson or MJD on my squad.
I was thinking of offering a similiar trade in my league to move from 1.3 to 1.1.

Right now I'm going with MJD and then hoping Boldin falls to me at 2.11.

If he does I take him and then whatever RB is there at 3.2. In my mock it has been Pierre Thomas; not a bad start.

Anthony Gonzalez has been there at 4.11

This on DD, going off each owner's tendency and draft history.

12 team, PPR, 1/2/2 Superflex.

Who knows though, I am VERY on board with the NE offense. Have thought about gambling with Brady #2 OA, then going RB/WR the next two turns.
He owned our scoring system in 2007. We can also start 2 qb's with the superflex. Please note that I said I have though about "gambling" with Brady. "Sluff QB's" if you want, that doesn't work in my league.ETA: I realize he owned all scoring systems in 2007; in our system he had 140 pts more than #2 QB, 100 pts more than LT. Moss and Brady were the only players to score more than 400 pts in our league.

That may not be VBD; but that's the truth.
No worries Mookie (hated that dude with the Warriors); our league tends to draft QB's early, however, the 2 QB lineup is rarely used. QB's do go early though. Top 10 QB's are gone by Round 5. It would be a HUGE gamble to go with Brady even in my league; but the payoff even if he hits 75% of 2007 would put my team over the top.
Off topic, but how is it possible that the 2 QB lineup is rarely used? In a 1/2/2 +superflex league, the 2 QB formation will absolutely dominate everyone else. If no one else in your league is using it, even better - although after a few weeks of watching you destroy the competition they'll catch on (it happened to me in both of the superflex leagues I play in - even the owners who still don't understand why it's so powerful do it anyway because they've seen the other teams doing it and winning consistently).I would have no problem taking Brady #2, then going RB/WR at the first turn, and going QB/RB or QB/WR at the second turn. Start both QBs every week and you'll steamroll into the playoffs.

I feel like #2 becomes a situation where you can't be afraid to lead when you "should" be following. By taking a WR in round 1 you'll pretty much force yourself to go RB,RB at the turn. I realize those RBs are going to be at the bottom of the pre-season top 20. I still belive a very competitive team can be fielded this way.

Just drew #2

12 team PPR

Strongly leaning towards MJD. BPA after that. Hopefully a decent RB is left in the second. Last year I was able to get Turner and T.Jones right around the 4-5 turn.

okay so i drew the #2 spot in an 8-team NON-PPR league.

very QB heavy.

1 pt per passing yard

2 pts per rush/rec yard

60 pts tds (pass,rush,rec)

-30 for a pick

last year out of the top 30 players, 5 were rbs, 1 WR (a.johnson) the rest were qbs. (and johnson was ranked #30)

starting lineup is 2 qbs, 2 rbs, 3 wrs,1 te, 1 kick, 1 def.

qbs normally go a lot earlier then normal and with needing 2 starters, getting a solid qb is a must.

i'm leaning towards brees or brady, am i nuts?

In case anyone is interested, I drafted from the #2 slot last night. 14 team PPR league with short bench (total of 14 players).

#1 guy is a FBG and took MJD, which left me with:

Schaub

Big Ben

ADP

Rice

Lynch

Graham

C. Taylor

Roddy White

Welker

Hixon

C.Henry

D.Keller

N.Folk

Packers

FBG "Rate my team" seemed to really like this draft. That's a great feature by the way.

If Portis is there at 2.11 I take him in a heartbeat. If he is gone I might wait for a RB until the 4th or 5th. I am not big on Pierre. I do like Ronnie though.

...but the more I look at mocks (starting pretty late this year), the more I don't like the WRs that are around by 4.11 I would much rather have 2 WRs by then and hope I can load up on RBs like Smith, LJ, Moreno, Reggie, and T.Jones. I also love how late I can grab M.Bush.

who are you guys targeting at the 4/5 turn? I'm interested from a non PPR perspective 12 team

QB's availabe=Warner, Mcnabb

RB's available=sometimes LJ, reggie bush, ray rice, knowshon moreno, willie parker

WR's available=desean jackson(maybe available),braylon edwards, anthony gonzalez, vincent jackson

TE's availabe=whitten or gates (most of the time 1 is available)

Obviously depends on who you have in the first 3 rounds, but who are you targetting here?

Thought i'd contribute my results as I agonized over what to do with the second pick. This is the first year we implemented a keeper rule, but it's minimal and specific: You can only keep two, but there is a two-round penalty for each one. i.e. 1st and 2nd rounders aren't keepable 3rd means you lose your 1st this year, etc. so, that meant the big dogs were mostly there, but MJD was not (guy picking 12th took him in the 3rd last year and smartly kept him), nor was Forte, Slaton (for a 10th rd pick!!!!!!!!!), or Chris Johnson. scoring is standard non-PPR w/ QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Def.

My keepers were Dwayne Bowe for my 5th this year, and Sproles for my 14th.

ADP obviously went first and i went through various scenarios NOT taking Turner, but nothing worked well enough. I strongly considered Andre Johnson to go with Bowe, then would have gone RB/RB at the 2/3 turn. But with some top RBs already kept, i felt like more would be gone by 2.11 and i HAD to take one at 1.2...hence I went Chalk w/ Turner. My intent was WR/RB at the turn hoping Calvin would fall, but knowing it was unlikely...he was long gone so I took Colston and then Kevin Smith - which was a slight homer pick but frankly he's a clear RB1 and has looked very strong and I've been extremely impressed with him. I think he makes a solid RB2 with potential for more.

Knowing I had Bowe already, i jumped on Witten at 4.11...I feel like he gives me WR1 #s at the TE spot which is just too hard to pass up, and I knew the guy behind me was taking him. The rest went well enough except a run on QBs left me scrambling....team ended up:

QB: Hasselbeck, Delhomme

RB: M. Turner, KSmith, FWP, DSproles, Jerious Norwood, Michael Bush

WR: Colston, DBowe, Donnie Avery, Chris Henry, Burleson, JMaclin

TE: Witten, Pettigrew (Late flyer w/ keeper potential)

K: Folk

D: SD

with the exception of QB, I really like the team overall, and feel like it has more balance than any redraft I've had in a while. I think I did as well as possible from the 2 slot, which is a really crappy spot imo.

Happy to offer any more detail if wanted....Frankly i was surprised there was so little chatter on this spot here given how wide open everything is after ADP....

here are Rounds 1&2:

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Michael Turner

3. Drew Brees ;)

4. Steven Jackson

5. LaDainian Tomlinson

6. DeAngelo Williams

7. Larry Fitzgerald

8. Brandon Jacobs

9. Tom Brady

10. Brian Westbrook

11. Frank Gore

12. Maurice Jones-Drew (keeper)

2.1. Andre Johnson

2.2. Jay Cutler (keeper) :thumbup: :unsure:

2.3. Randy Moss

2.4. Calvin Johnson

2.5. Peyton Manning

2.6. Reggie Wayne

2.7. Greg Jennings

2.8. Steve Smith

2.9. Ronnie Brown

2.10. Marion Barber

2.11. Kevin Smith

2.12. Philip Rivers

My recent results in a slow 12 team PPR draft, start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 1 flex

1.02 - A. Peterson (MJD went #1)

2.11 - A. Boldin - others considered were Roddy White, P. Manning, D. Bowe, or C. Portis. I'm down on Portis this year, and high on Boldin, so went there

3.02 - P. Manning - R. White and T. Owens went after my pick, so still a lot of good options left. I normally wouldn't go QB early, but Manning in the third was too good value to pass up. REALLY tough to pass on Portis, though.

4.11 - R. Bush - great value in PPR league. Other options were Lynch, B. Edwards, E. Royal, D. Ward. Fairly easy choice, though I'll have to get another RB before too long due to injury concerns

5.02 - B. Edwards - Lynch and Royal went behind me, so Edwards was my highest rated WR left. Clearly needed to get a WR here. Love the upside.

Added W. Parker, A. Bryant, Z. Miller, L. White, and J. Jones in later rounds. Loving the upside of my team right now.

Off topic, but how is it possible that the 2 QB lineup is rarely used? In a 1/2/2 +superflex league, the 2 QB formation will absolutely dominate everyone else. If no one else in your league is using it, even better - although after a few weeks of watching you destroy the competition they'll catch on (it happened to me in both of the superflex leagues I play in - even the owners who still don't understand why it's so powerful do it anyway because they've seen the other teams doing it and winning consistently).

I would have no problem taking Brady #2, then going RB/WR at the first turn, and going QB/RB or QB/WR at the second turn. Start both QBs every week and you'll steamroll into the playoffs.

Just saw this, been on vacation.......I think the reason it is hardly used is that the couple of times it has been tried it hasn't worked. Difficult to get two stud QB's. QB's do go early, I was just reviewing last year's draft and Gerrard went early 6th round.

So if I did your above strategy I'd take Brees, then at the 2/3 Manning and Brady will be gone. I could take RB/WR,; would be good to have my 3 starters....then at 4/5 I'd be looking at Romo,McNabb, Ryan Schaub.........at that point there are still a few top 20 RB/WR's left. Tough call because those QB's available have just as many ? marks as the last of the top 20 RB/WR's.

Here's my 10-team draft I did this morning. 10-team redraft, non-PPR, all TD's 6 pts, 25 passing yds/pt, 10 rushing&receiving yds/pt, other scoring standard.

#2 overall pick

1.02 - MJD

2.09 - Tom Brady

3.02 - Calvin Johnson

4.09 - Chad OchoCinco

5.02 - Jason Witten

6.09 - Marshawn Lynch

7.02 - Ray Rice

8.09 - Devin Hester

9.02 - Reggie Bush

10.09 - Donnie Avery

11.02 - Fred Jackson

12.09 - Donald Brown

13.02 - Josh Morgan

14.09 - San Diego DEF

15.02 - Nate Kaeding

Any more results from the 2 spot? I'll post mine Tuesday.
Here's mine - 12 teams, PPR, 6 pt for all TDs, start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE(I don't have the draft sheet in front of me so some of the latter round picks may be a little out of order...if so I'll fix tomorrow) 1.02 MJD 2.11 Steve Smith 3.02 Marion Barber 4.11 Aaron Rodgers 5.02 Braylon Edwards 6.11 Jericho Cotchery 7.02 Chris Cooley 8.11 Leon Washington 9.02 Chris Henry10.11 Steve Smith11.02 Jamaal Charles12.11 Fred Taylor13.02 Minnesota14.11 Vernon Davis15.02 Mark Clayton16.11 Greg Jones17.02 Nate Kaeding18.11 Shaun Hill Some thoughts. - Rodgers still being on the board at 4.11 surprised me so I went ahead and took him as I wasn't in love with any of the WRs that I was looking at - as it was with just one guy picking between that and 5.02 I was able to get the best WR on the board (IMO) in Edwards. I love his upside and I felt like I could gamble a little with 4 solid picks.- I took some more upside guys in Charles, Henry and Davis - the latter two have question marks but their talent is undeniable.- I like my starters but don't think my depth is all that great. Washington may be one of the key guys for me - he could be a monster in PPR if given the touches.- Finally, I'm sure many will be scratching their heads on the Shaun Hill pick because of how late I waited on backup QB. Basically I took a gamble - been in this league for a long time and basically no one ever takes 3rd QBs during the draft. I was happy with Rodgers and think he's plenty durable. Once everyone took their 2nd QB I didn't see anybody that I just had to get and at that point targeted Hill for my last pick as 1. he plays Atl during Rodgers bye week and 2. Hill actually put up really nice stats second half of last season. and 3. I was very confident he'd be there. I typically do the QBBC with 2 picks in the 8-12 rounds but if/when I do pick a QB early I basically wait til almost the very end to get my backup

12 team - no ppr - 6 points all td's - 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF

1.02 Matt Forte

2.11 Reggie Wayne

3.02 Brian Westbrook

4.11 Roy Williams

5.02 Larry Johnson

6.11 Bernard Berrian

7.02 Carson Palmer

8.11 Kellen Winslow

9.02 Felix Jones

10.11 Torry Holt

11.02 Cowboys DEF

12.11 Josh Morgan

13.02 Trent Edwards

14.11 Phil Dawson

Gnomercy said:
12 team - no ppr - 6 points all td's - 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 DEF1.02 Matt Forte2.11 Reggie Wayne3.02 Brian Westbrook4.11 Roy Williams5.02 Larry Johnson6.11 Bernard Berrian7.02 Carson Palmer8.11 Kellen Winslow9.02 Felix Jones10.11 Torry Holt11.02 Cowboys DEF12.11 Josh Morgan13.02 Trent Edwards14.11 Phil Dawson
Watching tonights game I was thinking of taking Forte #2.....who went #1?

in my local $ redraft last night, I was happy with the start (16 teams, non-ppr):

MJD

Roddy White

Kevin Smith

Eddie Royal

Carson Palmer (as QB12 off the board)

Anybody have any feelings about the 2nd pick in a 12 team league with 6 pts per TD pass? Does anyone dare take a QB #2 overall in this format? I know my leaguemates go for QBs early , so by the time I get back to pick 23 and 26, Brady, Manning Brees, Rodgers and probably McNabb (philly guys in the league) will be gone. Should I just plan to take MJD and live with Carson Palmer or Schaub later on?

Thanks.

Watching tonights game I was thinking of taking Forte #2.....who went #1?
Me, too.I have pick #2 in non-ppr and had previously decided I was going to stay away from Forte. I am starting to get a feeling about him now, though. He is going to be the main weapon on offense in Chicago, no doubt. I think the addition of Cutler does nothing but benefit Forte.

Here's my 10-team redraft, non-PPR, All TD's 6 pts. + 1 pt. every 10 yards of TD, other scoring standard. 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D

#2 overall pick

1.02 - Randy Moss

2.09 - Steve Smith

3.02 - Reggie Wayne

4.09 - Darren McFadden

5.02 - Donovan McNabb

6.09 - Larry Johnson

7.02 - Knowshon Moreno

8.09 - Donald Brown

9.02 - Jay Cutler

10.09 - Donnie Avery

11.02 - Fred Jackson

12.09 - Chris Henry

13.02 - Nate Kaeding

14.09 - Jerious Norwood

15.02 - John Carlson

16.09 - Jamaal Charles

17.02 - James Davis

18.09 - Packers D

QB - McNabb, Cutler

RB - McFadden, LJ, Moreno, D. Brown, Fred Jax, Norwood, J. Charles, J. Davis

WR - R. Moss, S. Smith, R. Wayne, D. Avery, C. Henry

TE - Carlson

K - Kaeding

D - GB

12 team ppr. Start 1QB, 1 RB, 1RB/WR, 2WRs, 1WR/TE, 1TE, D, K (so 2,3,1 or 1,4,1; no one wants to start 2 TEs, but you can).

Draft went nothing like expected for the first three rounds.

I got:

MJD

CJ

Brady

Royal

Edwards

LJ

Beanie

Harvin

Favre

Henry

M.Bush

Bess

Then I went:

Celek

Finely

V.Davis

I was targetting Zach and he didn't fall so I hope one of these guys pans out. Lot of upside with that group.

Crosby

Skins D

R. Jennings

Here's my 10-team draft I did this morning. 10-team redraft, non-PPR, all TD's 6 pts, 25 passing yds/pt, 10 rushing&receiving yds/pt, other scoring standard.#2 overall pick1.02 - MJD2.09 - Tom Brady3.02 - Calvin Johnson4.09 - Chad OchoCinco5.02 - Jason Witten6.09 - Marshawn Lynch7.02 - Ray Rice8.09 - Devin Hester9.02 - Reggie Bush10.09 - Donnie Avery11.02 - Fred Jackson12.09 - Donald Brown13.02 - Josh MorganMy draft is in 24hrs . Scoring and roster spots are the same.I am really confused on who to draft Turner or Jones drew @ #2I think Jones Drew has a much easier schedule.We might have seen Turners upside bu potentially not seen everything MJD can do full time.In a Non-ppr league I think their could be a great debate on who should be pickedLove to hear what you guys think.14.09 - San Diego DEF15.02 - Nate Kaeding

Here's my 10-team draft I did this morning. 10-team redraft, non-PPR, all TD's 6 pts, 25 passing yds/pt, 10 rushing&receiving yds/pt, other scoring standard.#2 overall pick1.02 - MJD2.09 - Tom Brady3.02 - Calvin Johnson4.09 - Chad OchoCinco5.02 - Jason Witten6.09 - Marshawn Lynch7.02 - Ray Rice8.09 - Devin Hester9.02 - Reggie Bush10.09 - Donnie Avery11.02 - Fred Jackson12.09 - Donald Brown13.02 - Josh Morgan.14.09 - San Diego DEF15.02 - Nate Kaeding
My draft is in 24hrs . Scoring and roster spots are the same.I am really confused on who to draft Turner or Jones drew @ #2I think Jones Drew has a much easier schedule.We might have seen Turners upside bu potentially not seen everything MJD can do full time.In a Non-ppr league I think their could be a great debate on who should be pickedLove to hear what you guys think

Here's my 10-team draft I did this morning. 10-team redraft, non-PPR, all TD's 6 pts, 25 passing yds/pt, 10 rushing&receiving yds/pt, other scoring standard.#2 overall pick1.02 - MJD2.09 - Tom Brady3.02 - Calvin Johnson4.09 - Chad OchoCinco5.02 - Jason Witten6.09 - Marshawn Lynch7.02 - Ray Rice8.09 - Devin Hester9.02 - Reggie Bush10.09 - Donnie Avery11.02 - Fred Jackson12.09 - Donald Brown13.02 - Josh Morgan.14.09 - San Diego DEF15.02 - Nate Kaeding
My draft is in 24hrs . Scoring and roster spots are the same.I am really confused on who to draft Turner or Jones drew @ #2I think Jones Drew has a much easier schedule.We might have seen Turners upside bu potentially not seen everything MJD can do full time.In a Non-ppr league I think their could be a great debate on who should be pickedLove to hear what you guys think
I was thinking Turner at first, but now I am leaning MJD. I am also in a non-ppr league.

My #2 draft slot result from earlier tonight. I wasn't happy taking QB with 2nd pick, however, the league always goes QB heavy in round 3. It paid off, QBs went on a run. WR also went crazy fast, otherwise I think I got great value.

Thoughts? ADP is the right most value.

01.02 Maurice Jones-Drew 01.02

02.11 Tony Romo 05.04

03.02 Roddy White 03.02

04.11 Thomas Jones 05.07

05.02 DeSean Jackson 05.05

06.11 Reggie Bush 05.02

07.02 Devin Hester 08.07

08.11 Ben Roethlisberger 08.10

09.02 Philadelphia 10.12

10.11 Zach Miller 10.09

11.02 LeSean McCoy 11.07

12.11 Domenik Hixon 10.02

13.02 Nate Kaeding 12.03

14.11 Earnest Graham 08.02

15.02 Mark Clayton 13.07

I think I am taking Dwilliams with #2

MJD has never done it and plays for a crappy team. How many tds is JAC really going to get

Turner is tempting, but they will throw more and he played poorly against good defenses last year

Forte is a Rasham Salamesque 2nd year bears bust

Users who are viewing this thread