What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL NLDS Reds v Giants thread*** (1 Viewer)

Who wins?

• Reds

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Giants

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

cheese

Footballguy
Will the Giants make another playoff run or is the Reds roster as good as it looked for 162 games?

The big question on the Giants side is who will be the back end of the rotation. Cain is starting game 1 and Bumgarner is the logical candidate for game 2 because of his extreme home/road splits. Lincecum has said he's part of the rotation but Bochy hasn't publicly shown his hand. Zito was decent down the stretch and because of his extended warmup regime, may not be usable in relief. Vogelsong was pretty shaky after the All-Star break and would be my choice to work out of the pen.

It should be a good series. Head to head, Reds have the 4-3 advantage, but I will say that two of the Giants' wins were in the ninth on blown saves, and I remember them both very well. One was because Bruce dropped an EASY fly ball in the right field. That was in the ninth in San Fran.

The other was the final game in Cincinnati. This was before Chapman took over as the full time closer. Marshall gave that one up in the ninth.

Not that any of that matters.

Reds win if they realize that you can't win a game 0-0. Their offense has been offensive lately.

The big question on the Giants side is who will be the back end of the rotation. Cain is starting game 1 and Bumgarner is the logical candidate for game 2 because of his extreme home/road splits. Lincecum has said he's part of the rotation but Bochy hasn't publicly shown his hand. Zito was decent down the stretch and because of his extended warmup regime, may not be usable in relief. Vogelsong was pretty shaky after the All-Star break and would be my choice to work out of the pen.
Cain vs Cueto is going to be an awesome matchup and might happen twice. Outside of Cueto who seems to be unphased by anything, all of our guys obviously have better success on the road. Someone else has to pitch 2 of the GABP games though. Latos is definitely going to be one of them. He has had success against SF and especially on the west coast, but he's also our hottest pitcher and most likely (besides Cueto) to overcome GABP. The biggest concern I have is IF Cain can outduel Cueto in game 1, game 2 is our weakest pitching matchup. The Reds are a consistent team though and they are capable of winning on the road. When it comes down to it, I believe Cueto and Latos are pitching too well and the Giants won't be able to score enough to win in GABP. I'll take the Reds in 4. :homer:

I think the winner of this series wins it all. Sorta like the Giants but these teams are both high quality.

I'd walk Posey here now that a base has opened..

Well, that's why I don't manage.

Last edited by a moderator:
saw something in game 1 you see about once a regular season if that. pitcher comes in in relief in the first inning, pitches less than 2 innings and gets the win.

that win is going to latos 99.9999999999 percent of the time. very surprised they gave it to leclure.

Anyone care to explain why they sat chappman without needing to?
Kind of a puzzler. He had thrown 15 pitches and was scheduled to lead off the 10th. The Reds didn't even do a double switch so Broxton would only be available for 1 IP too.

Tough game. Had a few chances to push runs across and couldn't get the hit. Bailey was great but we need a few more runs.

Let's get 3 early tomorrow and let the pitching staff take over. Congrats Giants on a gritty win.

As Giants fans will tell you, watching Dusty Baker manage a pitching staff/bullpen during a game is enough to give you migraines. At least he didn't give Bailey the game ball when he took Bailey out.

As Giants fans will tell you, watching Dusty Baker manage a pitching staff/bullpen during a game is enough to give you migraines. At least he didn't give Bailey the game ball when he took Bailey out.
You could make the case that with the uncertainty around the game 4 starter, Dusty and Price want to have a fully rested bullpen

You could make the case that with the uncertainty around the game 4 starter, Dusty and Price want to have a fully rested bullpen
I suppose. But if you're a Cincinnati fan wouldn't that infuriate you to know that Baker was playing for Game 4 and NOT game 3? If there's uncertainty around the game 4 starter then just ####### win game 3 and let everyone rest until game 1 of the NLCS.

Thought I could work until 11 before heading down, but this is impossible. Wouldn't be shocked at all if we lost at this point and wouldn't be shocked if we win the WS if we win today. It's that big. :popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread