What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official NHL 2023-24 Thread *** (2 Viewers)

Panthers are going to take either one of these teams straight to hell
The Bruins and Panthers met four times in the regular season, and Boston won each time, including two overtime victories.
OT Regular season <> OT Playoffs
Panthers are going to roll the Bruins, something like 4 games to 1 will be about right.
We`ll see , im thinking the Bs have a bit of a grudge and a lot to prove . Im guessing you wouldnt bet your house on that outcome .

Last edited:
I've already made my bet on the Panthers -1.5 games,
Bruins barely beat the Leafs who were without Nylander for the first half of the series and MAtthews the second half, and was still probably sick in game 7, and they had their backup goalie in there. Leafs were the better team in game 7 as well, imho.
Bruins lost so much in the offseason and still had a great year. They've proven me wrong before, who knows :shrug:

The Bruins and Panthers met four times in the regular season, and Boston won each time, including two overtime victories.
Panthers are going to roll the Bruins, something like 4 games to 1 will be about right.
well there`s the Bs 1 game , its all over now , everyone can just go home

2ND PERIODBOSFLA
12:52bos.pngMorgan Geekie (3)
16:17bos.pngMason Lohrei (1)
19:39bos.pngBrandon Carlo (2)

3RD PERIODBOSFLA
7:13bos.pngJustin Brazeau (1)

Who are four Bruins who have never been in my kitchen, Alex?

2ND PERIODBOSFLA
12:52View attachment 4450Morgan Geekie (3)11
16:17View attachment 4451Mason Lohrei (1)21
19:39View attachment 4452Brandon Carlo (2)31

3RD PERIODBOSFLA
7:13View attachment 4453Justin Brazeau (1)41

Brandon Carlo...wife gives birth to their son about 3am, he jumps on a plane to FL at 2pm, gets to the rink before faceoff, scores a huge goal. All in a day's work.
And Rudy Gobert's wife gives birth and he stays home. QED: Hockey > Basketball

I'm only kidding. I'm not making any value judgement on Gobert's decision. Besides, the Wolves' opponent is much weaker than the Bruins'.

And it's obvious anyway that hockey > basketball.

ESPN flips the NYR game to CO/DAL and says go to ESPNU, mind you there is 90 seconds left in a 3-3 game, Rangers on the PP and almost allow a shorthanded goal...
Switch to ESPNU and it's the CO/DAL game..switch back to ESPN

JC, can the folks at ESPN not figure it out?

ESPN flips the NYR game to CO/DAL and says go to ESPNU, mind you there is 90 seconds left in a 3-3 game, Rangers on the PP and almost allow a shorthanded goal...

That was definitely weird

2ND PERIODBOSFLA
12:52View attachment 4450Morgan Geekie (3)11
16:17View attachment 4451Mason Lohrei (1)21
19:39View attachment 4452Brandon Carlo (2)31

3RD PERIODBOSFLA
7:13View attachment 4453Justin Brazeau (1)41

Brandon Carlo...wife gives birth to their son about 3am, he jumps on a plane to FL at 2pm, gets to the rink before faceoff, scores a huge goal. All in a day's work.
And Rudy Gobert's wife gives birth and he stays home. QED: Hockey > Basketball

I'm only kidding. I'm not making any value judgement on Gobert's decision. Besides, the Wolves' opponent is much weaker than the Bruins'.

And it's obvious anyway that hockey > basketball.
As far as I can tell, Gobert did try to make it to the game but there were flight issues

Why does Vancouver have such long odds to win the cup? They are +1800 and the other 7 are all between +450 and +700.
I have to imagine the fact that they are currently rolling out their 3rd goalie is affecting those odds.

Think I read Demko isn't expected back until game 4 of this series at the earliest.
This.
And come on, like a Canadian team is ever going to win the cup again?

And why put the score of the Dal/Col game in the corner of the NYR/CAR game? Don't they realize people might want to start the other game from the beginning?

I absolutely loathe the way ESPN does the playoffs. During the season, it's perfect. I can watch the home or away stream on ESPN+ for every game. But during the playoffs, I'm stuck with their national broadcast team. They are fine as far as hockey knowledge goes, but offer little to no insight into the behind the scenes on either team. And frankly, their calls are boring. I much much much prefer the homer announcers.
I know they pay a lot of money for these games and this is an argument I am never going to win, but I really hate it.
/rant

Last edited:
I absolutely loathe the way ESPN does the playoffs. During the season, it's perfect. I can watch the home or away stream on ESPN+ for every game. But during the playoffs, I'm stuck with their national broadcast team. They are fine as far as hockey knowledge goes, but offer little to no insight into the behind the scenes on either team. And frankly, they're calls are boring. I much much much prefer the homer announcers.
I know they pay a lot of money for these games and this is an argument I am never going to win, but I really hate it.
/rant
I was just saying the same thing. Why don't they just hire the teams local announcers for the playoffs? Fans would love it and the insight they have would add so much to the games as well as the obvious emotion they'd bring.

I absolutely loathe the way ESPN does the playoffs. During the season, it's perfect. I can watch the home or away stream on ESPN+ for every game. But during the playoffs, I'm stuck with their national broadcast team. They are fine as far as hockey knowledge goes, but offer little to no insight into the behind the scenes on either team. And frankly, they're calls are boring. I much much much prefer the homer announcers.
/rant
I was just saying the same thing. Why don't they just hire the teams local announcers for the playoffs? Fans would love it and the insight they have would add so much to the games as well as the obvious emotion they'd bring.
It's all about the right to broadcast the games. They don't want local homers broadcasting even if it would be a much better product and make everyone happy. One of the biggest disservices was back when the Kings won their first Cup. Their long time (and I would say greatest hockey announcer ever) announcer, Bob Miller, wasn't able to announce their Cup winning game. He had been with the team for over 40 yrs and was the voice of the franchise. They finally get a chance to win the Cup and he can't do the game. It was very crappy.

The Kings did have him announce the game and sold that version of the game as a fundraiser for their foundations but not being able to hear him live was such a disservice to the fans.

"This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustrating and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!" ------ Bob Miller

Last edited:

And why put the score of the Dal/Col game in the corner of the NYR/CAR game? Don't they realize people might want to start the other game from the beginning?
And the irony is Dallas up 3-0 in the 1sr, lot of folks figure just turn the TV off when the Rangers game ends and then we end up with an amazing Game 1 for the CO/DAL Series.
Playoff hockey draws me in, I know the real fans watch it all season but I do love the intensity and level of the NHL Playoffs

It's awful ESPNBA has hockey. It's all basketball all the time, the worst sport in the world & we have to endure this horrible network having hockey playoffs.

Don't forget ESPN flashing the "HURRICANES WIN" graphic on the boards in OT after Shesterkin made the save on a fairly harmless shot.

Quality work all over the place last night.

Why does Vancouver have such long odds to win the cup? They are +1800 and the other 7 are all between +450 and +700.
I have to imagine the fact that they are currently rolling out their 3rd goalie is affecting those odds.

Think I read Demko isn't expected back until game 4 of this series at the earliest.
Regarding Demko I've heard he is out for "at least the first 4 games".
One Insider said the earliest he could return is game 6. Another Insider said he won't return to these playoffs. Speculation is all over the place.

chytil has been out 6 months? man, the nhl season is long.
Yep, since Nov. Apparently he's been 'ready' for a while too though, but they were playing it safe since he's been so prone to concussions. I found myself cringing every time he took contact last night.

Yep, since Nov. Apparently he's been 'ready' for a while too though, but they were playing it safe since he's been so prone to concussions. I found myself cringing every time he took contact last night.
honestly, i figured he’d retire this summer. i could not believe i saw him on the bench. he actually started the season as C 2, with trocheck as C 3. trocheck really stepped up his game this year.

honestly, i figured he’d retire this summer. i could not believe i saw him on the bench. he actually started the season as C 2, with trocheck as C 3. trocheck really stepped up his game this year.
Agreed on both points. Trocheck is fantastic and exactly the type of skill/grit combo this team has needed in its top 6 for the last decade.

Panthers drop Game 1, go down 1-0 Game 2 and then roar for 10 straight goals
Boston had a chance to make this game interesting even down 4-0, cutting the lead 4-2, had a chance to make it 4-3 with about 5-6 minutes left
Florida tightens up, 6-1 and 6-2 the last 2 games, Florida has taken back some control in this Series, Boston is in a tight spot Game 4.

well there`s the Bs 1 game , its all over now , everyone can just go home
I’ll not be around for a few weeks but I do hope that game 1 was enjoyable.

Just so frustrating as an Av’s fan. Another year, another likely postseason exit because of that guy. They gave him a second chance— he doesn’t deserve a third.

Users who are viewing this thread