What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official John Fetterman thread*** (1 Viewer)

Oz wants stronger borders. Brings up fentanyl overdoses (a big problem here in Philly).

Fetterman rebuts, about Oz family getting fined for hiring illegals. Fetterman says secure border can be compatible with compassion. Need to develop a comprehensive solution.

Dude just had stroke for crying out loud and could clearly govern better then the clown TV Doc.

Man PA might be in trouble

Fetterman, China is our biggest threat.

Oz says that US not projecting strength our biggest threat. We shouldn't treat our enemies better than our allies. We need to unleash energy across the country to assist our allies and to teach Russia and China a lesson.

Oz, Fetterman's extreme positions make it impossible for him to reach Democrats let alone across the aisle. Oz would support Trump in 2024. Hasn't followed Trump's legal issues, to busy campaigning.

Fetterman rebuts, everyone understood what happened. Failed to explain why he never apologized to the guy who he held at bay with a shotgun. Didn't commit to supporting Biden in 2024.

Fetterman says Republicans want to cut Medicare and Social Security. Wants to expand them (doesn't explain how).

Oz says no one will touch Medicare and Social Security if he's elected. Wants to increase SS at the rate of inflation.

Oz thinks $15 is low and that market forces will allow for a much higher minimum wage.
I don't like responding to posts with passive aggressive laughing emojis but that literally made me LOL.

(To be clear, I was laughing at Oz's ridiculous logic, not at SB, who I know is just recapping the answers.)

Oz says education prices have gone up and would push to offer more online classes so students don't have to be on campus to lower costs. Takes a shot at Fetterman for loan forgiveness.

Fetterman defends loan forgiveness by saying Oz like free money when it goes to him. Supports loan forgiveness. Want to make affordable tuition for families, didn't explain how.

Oz wants to link trade unions with vocational schools. Wants to fund vocational schools which will in turn support unions with new blood.

Fetterman wants to fund vocational schools as well.

These guys never answer any question, pretty sad debate TBH. Fetterman is very difficult to follow and rarely is giving any specifics and Oz just talks non-stop without really saying anything. Oz aligns very clearly with Republicans and Fetterman with Dems so it will come down to that IMO.

Fetterman doesn't want to expand the Supreme Court.

Oz agrees. Doesn't want to expand the Supreme Court. Oz hits Fetterman on getting rid of the filibuster. Fetterman says that's true, he wants to get rid of the filibuster.

I have no support for either of these guys.
I won’t be voting for either of these guys.
I’ve watched the debate tonight.

I’d like to wipe the perma smirk off Oz’s face. I don’t believe anything he says.

I feel bad for Fetterman, I think he should’ve waited til next time around. The pace tonight is just too fast for him. He’s not even making sense alot of the time

These guys never answer any question, pretty sad debate TBH. Fetterman is very difficult to follow and rarely is giving any specifics and Oz just talks non-stop without really saying anything. Oz aligns very clearly with Republicans and Fetterman with Dems so it will come down to that IMO.
Pretty much sums it up

Oz absolutely wiped the floor with Fetterman in this debate. I would expect a 2-3 point bump for Oz after this.

For Sunday's game, Fetterman picked the Steelers, Oz picked the Eagles. If that isn't ultimate proof that Oz is better than Fetterman I don't know what is. Go Birds!

Does anyone think undecideds will break toward Fetterman after that debate?
I don’t think the debate did Fetterman any favors. Oz is wholly unlikable however. I think it will fall down party lines.

Fetterman did get some dude who was polling at 3% dropping out today and endorsing him which perhaps would help him.

Fetterman can't get out a complete sentence. I can't imagine him trying to filibuster in the Senate.
They don't actually talk when they fillibuster, FYI
Tangent, but the idea that it's so easy to filibuster a bill is the most ridiculous part of a ridiculous rule. You don't even need 40 votes to sustain a filibuster; your opponents need 60 to end it. They should get rid of the whole thing, but even just flipping that equation would make a difference.

/tangent

I don't agree with Fetterman's politics, but I do feel sorry for him. How do we get to a point where a man in his condition remains a candidate for public office?

I don't agree with Fetterman's politics, but I do feel sorry for him. How do we get to a point where a man in his condition remains a candidate for public office?
The alternative.
That's what Democrats and Republicans always say. Be intellectually honest here.

Looking at polls on who won the debate from different PA locations. Erie, Wilkes-Barre and Harrisburg all had Oz winning in the 76-77% range (around 10-11K votes). I'd like to know which debate the 23-24% who voted for Fetterman watched.

The alternative.
That's what Democrats and Republicans always say. Be intellectually honest here.
I am. We have a lot of problems and a soulless celebrity whose role is to smile and nod at whatever Mitch McConnell tells him to do perpetuates the problem. This is why I am not voting for JD Vance... but I am for our republican governor. I need to devote some time to figure out what to do downstream though.

I'm slightly right of center and if I were in PA I'd vote for Fettermans neck lump over Oz.

No way I'm voting for Fetterman. Apart from the cognitive issues, where the candidates differed, I actually liked Oz's positions.

No federal legislation on abortion. Push to go back to energy independence. Strong borders to stop the flow of fentanyl. Both were against expanding the Supreme Court (that's a good thing). The other issues were either totally not relevant to me (minimum wage), I couldn't determine where they stood on issue (taxation/crime) or they had the same/similar positions (Medicare/SS). Not sure where I stand on socialized medicine (something Fetterman supports), this probably falls as a non-voting issue for me at this point in my life.

Fetterman's one hope may be how truly disastrous of a candidate Mastriano is and going in on the governor's coattails.

Users who are viewing this thread