What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official John Fetterman thread*** (1 Viewer)

Watching Biden wander around lost once again maybe somehow helps Fetterman? The problem is Fetterman himself is getting worse. If Fetterman gets elected and then steps down, who takes his spot? Who will be Lt Gov?
Link?
LOL pass. Use your own news sources. Watch the videos of him right after the stroke. Compare to recent videos. Report back.
I have already. So it's just your opinion. Got it. Kind of an important thing to leave out.
Everything I post is my opinion. Feel free to share yours. You claim to have compared him after the stroke and now - so? . . .
After the stroke and now? He is clearly in better shape now than immediately following the stroke.
Seriously? After the stroke he was all reassuring and coherent. Now he can't put together a rehearsed sentence.
IIRC you were saying months ago his heath was an issue and that he had brain damage. I remember this because I hadn’t really heard him speak and really didn’t even know about the stroke.

Watching Biden wander around lost once again maybe somehow helps Fetterman? The problem is Fetterman himself is getting worse. If Fetterman gets elected and then steps down, who takes his spot? Who will be Lt Gov?
Link?
LOL pass. Use your own news sources. Watch the videos of him right after the stroke. Compare to recent videos. Report back.
I have already. So it's just your opinion. Got it. Kind of an important thing to leave out.
Everything I post is my opinion. Feel free to share yours. You claim to have compared him after the stroke and now - so? . . .
After the stroke and now? He is clearly in better shape now than immediately following the stroke.
Seriously? After the stroke he was all reassuring and coherent. Now he can't put together a rehearsed sentence.
IIRC you were saying months ago his heath was an issue and that he had brain damage. I remember this because I hadn’t really heard him speak and really didn’t even know about the stroke.
I think you're recalling correctly. There was another thread - maybe about Senate races in general - where most of the discussion was about Fetterman-Oz. They didn't announce the stroke at the time and when they finally did, they really downplayed it. He was able to pull it off because he could speak mostly normally with the vary rare glitch. Now (IN MY OPINION) it's gotten worse.

Link?
I think you're recalling correctly. There was another thread - maybe about Senate races in general - where most of the discussion was about Fetterman-Oz. They didn't announce the stroke at the time and when they finally did, they really downplayed it. He was able to pull it off because he could speak mostly normally with the vary rare glitch. Now (IN MY OPINION) it's gotten worse.
I haven’t really seen him talk at all until recent interviews so no real Idea how he sounded months ago.

My opinion his interviews have been fine. He definitely has speech issue but thought process explaining things was fine, temperament was good, etc.He had 30 minute interview a week or so back and was good at explaining what was going on.

This will be a non issue in 15 days PA Voters have to be borderline retarded to elect an official who cannot process spoken word on the fly. Will he not be in chamber when in session and business is being done or will he be in his office watching C-SPAN with closed captioning to comprehend what is being said. That should be a no go he needs to be in chamber with no special assistance like all 99 other Senators. If he cannot do the job without any captioning or other aids to comprehend what is being said he is not fit for the job.
Wait are you saying any deaf person would be incompetent as a Senator?
No because there have been deaf representatives who have signers with them where they can contribute real time sadly a deaf person can comprehend and reply faster than candidate Fetterman who says he is fit to serve.

This will be a non issue in 15 days PA Voters have to be borderline retarded to elect an official who cannot process spoken word on the fly. Will he not be in chamber when in session and business is being done or will he be in his office watching C-SPAN with closed captioning to comprehend what is being said. That should be a no go he needs to be in chamber with no special assistance like all 99 other Senators. If he cannot do the job without any captioning or other aids to comprehend what is being said he is not fit for the job.

You don't have to worry about that with Fetterman. If his past is any indication, he'll skip most of the sessions.

Instead let's elect a carpet bagging, puppy killing, doctor that pushes quack "cures" to make a buck. The dude doesn't give a crap about Pennsylvania.

Neither are good choices

Hillary Clinton was a carpet bagger and you fools wanted to elect her President.
I didn't want Hillary Clinton any more than I want Fetterman. If the Republican party would put up a socially liberal, fiscally conservative nominee that wasn't a total whack job they would have my vote.

Hillary Clinton was a carpet bagger and you fools wanted to elect her President.
Lots of people on this board preferred HRC to Trump once it came to that, but there weren't many (timschochet was one, of course) who particularly wanted HRC to run or win the nomination.

So they preferred an Independent Bernie Sanders to be the Democratic Presidential nominee? You had a carpet bagging former Senator and a Senator who isn't even a Democrat vying for the Democratic nomination. You all can take the hypocritical carpet bagging comments and shove it, we all see right through it.

Instead let's elect a carpet bagging, puppy killing, doctor that pushes quack "cures" to make a buck. The dude doesn't give a crap about Pennsylvania.

Neither are good choices

I've disliked Hillary since her days as a NY senator. But when the other option was a known conman who was already being sued for fraud, I held my nose and voted for her.

Neither are good choices

I've disliked Hillary since her days as a NY senator. But when the other option was a known conman who was already being sued for fraud, I held my nose and voted for her.
This was me as well, and millions of others.

So they preferred an Independent Bernie Sanders to be the Democratic Presidential nominee? You had a carpet bagging former Senator and a Senator who isn't even a Democrat vying for the Democratic nomination. You all can take the hypocritical carpet bagging comments and shove it, we all see right through it.
I can only speak for myself (and some others whose posts I read but forgot who posted what back then), but I would much have preferred that HRC had not run at all and other moderate Democrats had a chance.

Lots of people on this board preferred HRC to Trump once it came to that, but there weren't many (timschochet was one, of course) who particularly wanted HRC to run or win the nomination.

Can we at least keep the puppy killing and pushing quack medicines comments?

Neither are good choices

Bernie Sanders could have been the nominee. Hillary Clinton was so ingrained in the Democratic party it's hard to take anyone seriously who brings up carpet bagging as a reason not to vote for someone.

Maybe, Hillary also has some question marks with former associates accidently killing themselves. Maybe quack medicine comments, not sure where Hillary stood on lockdown or vaccine and mask mandates.

Neither are good choices

Bernie Sanders could have been the nominee. Hillary Clinton was so ingrained in the Democratic party it's hard to take anyone seriously who brings up carpet bagging as a reason not to vote for someone.
Hillary wasn't "carpet bagging" the presidency. I didn't have a vote when she ran for NY Senate. Hell, I don't even have a vote for the PA senate, but I can understand why PA residents wouldn't want a carpet bagger representing them. You're conflating the Hillary's run as a senator vs. her run as president. The two aren't equal.

Neither are good choices

Hillary wasn't "carpet bagging" the presidency. I didn't have a vote when she ran for NY Senate. Hell, I don't even have a vote for the PA senate, but I can understand why PA residents wouldn't want a carpet bagger representing them. You're conflating the Hillary's run as a senator vs. her run as president. The two aren't equal.

She was elected as a NY Senator, buying a house in NY for the sole purpose of running. They're exactly the same.

I think I can deal with Mehmet Oz, the Republican Hillary Clinton.

Neither are good choices

She was elected as a NY Senator, buying a house in NY for the sole purpose of running. They're exactly the same.
Yes, that was the same. But I didn't vote for her then. I didn't care about the carpet bagging when she ran against Trump. I found that to be much less of a concern at that time.

But I can see why residents of PA would be against it, just as you found Hillary to be wrong in NY, and I would have agreed with you then.

Will Oz continue to sell miracle snake oil pills and drink urine while serving in the Senate? Time will tell!

Will Fetterman even show up at Senate and be able to understand what people are saying when they speak to him? Time will tell!
Fetterman has a record working in his state. Oz is let's just say...malleable. Very odd guy whose candidacy is exhibit A for people simply pulling the lever for the letter behind the name.

Will Oz continue to sell miracle snake oil pills and drink urine while serving in the Senate? Time will tell!

Will Fetterman even show up at Senate and be able to understand what people are saying when they speak to him? Time will tell!
Fetterman has a record working in his state. Oz is let's just say...malleable. Very odd guy whose candidacy is exhibit A for people simply pulling the lever for the letter behind the name.

Yeah, here's his record: https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/...oral-tenures-documents-show-john-pennsylvania

I think there is a bit of a difference between being against a "carpet bagger" in a specific election in your own locale versus voting for someone at the national level who once "carpet bagged" in a different election previously. I don't really see hypocrisy in this thinking unless we had a Democratic senator that did this in PA before and the people who voted for him/her are now slamming Oz.

I'm in PA and I have issues with Oz, puppy killing and quackery aside. For my whole adult life here we have had senators with deep roots to PA. As much as Rick Santorum leaves me with a visceral reaction every time I see or hear him, I would never argue that he did not represent the views/values/best interests of the people of PA at the time. I could never say the same about Oz, because he doesn't know us. I have a problem with that. And I don't think I am a hypocrite because I voted for Hillary for President and she once carpet bagged in NY. I think if we were out at a bar we could have an interesting conversation/debate about what's good for PA and what is important to us without ever once mentioning Hillary Clinton's name because she really has nothing to do with the upcoming Senate race here.

I think it is OK to say that you are voting for Oz because Fetterman is too liberal for you and/or you don't like him instead of lashing out with whataboutisms and loose claims of hypocrisy trying to justify your decision. Hell. I'm a lifelong liberal and Fetterman is too progressive for my taste. I'm definitely voting for him for a number of reasons, but he would not be my number one choice if I could wave my magic wand pick any D I wanted as Senator.

I just don't get the need to constantly be on the defensive/offensive about these things. Not just you, but just our society in general. Not everything needs to be a whatabout/gotcha/owned. It really just makes discussions so difficult and would be so much more interesting if people could just post about these topics and their thoughts without constantly trying to find loopholes in which to score an internet point.

Yeah, here's his record: https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/...oral-tenures-documents-show-john-pennsylvania
I would take that over Oz, TBH.

Here is Dr. Oz's experience in the Senate

Guy is quack who no one knows anything about other than...he's a quack.

This is what elections turn into at the end often - voting against the other person as the dirt gets thrown in the final few weeks. In this election I am pretty certain very few outside of Oz's family are wanting to vote for him as opposed to voting against Fetterman or a Dem candidate.

The Fetterman oz debate is tomorrow at 8est. Fetterman will use close captioned to help understand the questions. Should be a good barometer for his ability to serve or not imo.

Neither are good choices, just like our recent presidential candidates. The two parties suck
THIS

Having these 2 choices on my ballot is almost as insulting as having the choice of Trump or Biden

Neither are good choices, just like our recent presidential candidates. The two parties suck
THIS

Having these 2 choices on my ballot is almost as insulting as having the choice of Trump or Biden
Fetterman had this stroke a couple days before he won the Dem primary he beat another good candidate (Conor Lamb) pretty easily in the primary. If not for this he'd be winning this election very easily I believe.

No clue why people on the Republican side selected Oz as no one seems to care for the guy.

THIS

Fetterman had this stroke a couple days before he won the Dem primary he beat another good candidate (Conor Lamb) pretty easily in the primary. If not for this he'd be winning this election very easily I believe.

No clue why people on the Republican side selected Oz as no one seems to care for the guy.
It's two sides of the same coin. Fetterman was more extreme than Lamb, Oz is more Trumpian than McCormick. Either Lamb or McCormick would be walking away with it.

Oz said he will vote no on any federal abortion legislation. Wants the decision left up to the states.

Fetterman wants to codify abortion access and wants to go back to Roe v Wade. Fetterman wants to use federal funds to transport women from states that ban abortion to states that allow abortion.

Fetterman wants $15 minimum wage.

Oz thinks $15 is low and that market forces will allow for a much higher minimum wage.

Also, anyone in PA who had Verizon Fios didn't get the debate since negotiations between Nexstar and Verizon broke down so those people would have to stream the debate.

Oz supports fracking in PA, drilling, pipelines, etc.

Fetterman supports fracking as well. Wants energy independence. Moderators called out Fetterman who in 2018 said he didn't support fracking. Fetterman didn't really explain the difference in opinions.

Oz supports fracking in PA, drilling, pipelines, etc.

Fetterman supports fracking as well. Wants energy independence. Moderators called out Fetterman who in 2018 said he didn't support fracking. Fetterman didn't really explain the difference in opinions.
Putting up the directly conflicting quotes by both on fracking is fantastic schtick

Fetterman touting his crime history.

Oz counters with the FOP of Braddock (where Fetterman was Mayor) endorsed Oz. LOL! Oz wants background checks on guns. Wants money for mental health services. Attacks Fetterman on police funding. Would have tried to improve Pat Toomey gun bill.

Users who are viewing this thread