What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Jaguars Thread - Team Putting #DTWD to The Test *** (1 Viewer)

who are you and why are you such a tool bag? If you cant see the talent on that defense I don't know what to tell you

and I hate to remind you that when Seattle started to come up that division was TERRIBLE. IIRC in 2010 the rams and seattle played for the division in week17 and the winner was going to be 7-9.....at the start of their "run", they won the supebowl 3 years later.

I see the same thing, nasty young good defensive players and a beast RB 
The comparison to that Seattle defense :lmao:

8-8

5-11

2-14

4-12

3-13

5-11

3-13

10-6*

3-7

*easiest schedule in the league but I was the troll because I said they were fake good :thumbup:

Of course not.

@phillip_heilman: #Jaguars coach Doug Marrone says QB Blake Bortles will not be benched for Sunday's game at Buffalo.

👎

@ac_ec: Blake is the new Gus. Good guy they want to succeed. They'll keep running him out there another 15 games or so and then cut him on a flight home next October.

It's a start but they need a bigger broom

@RapSheet: The #Jaguars are firing OC Nate Hackett, sources say. Big move in a lost season.

It's a start but they need a bigger broom

@RapSheet: The #Jaguars are firing OC Nate Hackett, sources say. Big move in a lost season.
The defense has underperformed greatly, their QB is one of the worst in the league, and their RB that the offense revolves around has been hurt and then got his stupid self ejected when he likely would have changed the game if still in.

So yeah, this is definitely a sacrifical lamb firing.

In other news, I was listening to a podcast by two Buffalo beat reporters and they were saying that Tom Coughlin was absolutely losing his mind during the game. He was in the box next to theirs and they said he was screaming, slamming his fists on the desk and into the window, and "inventing new curse words" during the game. 

So apparently he's doing a great job of taking some responsibility for the mess that he has helped create.

In other news, I was listening to a podcast by two Buffalo beat reporters and they were saying that Tom Coughlin was absolutely losing his mind during the game. He was in the box next to theirs and they said he was screaming, slamming his fists on the desk and into the window, and "inventing new curse words" during the game. 

So apparently he's doing a great job of taking some responsibility for the mess that he has helped create.
New swear words.......#### a$s

Surprised he didn’t have an aneurism during that  sequence Moncrief’s TD got overturned, Fournette got ejected for fighting, Hyde lost a yard, another TD pass got called back for holding, Bortles lost a yard, Bortles got sacked, and then Lambo missed the FG.

If you’re a Jags fan and your big screen doesn’t have an iPhone spider web crack across it today, I commend you for your restraint.

Surprised he didn’t have an aneurism during that  sequence Moncrief’s TD got overturned, Fournette got ejected for fighting, Hyde lost a yard, another TD pass got called back for holding, Bortles lost a yard, Bortles got sacked, and then Lambo missed the FG.

If you’re a Jags fan and your big screen doesn’t have an iPhone spider web crack across it today, I commend you for your restraint.
Meh. The Jags season set sail 2 losses prior vs Colts 

That sequence was so laughably bad i just flipped over to Sunday Ticket .

Meh. The Jags season set sail 2 losses prior vs Colts 

That sequence was so laughably bad i just flipped over to Sunday Ticket .
I feel ya. The Lions b.s. gets worse every week - Stafford attempted two passes that traveled more than 15 yards last Thursday - but I care so little it don’t even hurt anymore.

I feel ya. The Lions b.s. gets worse every week - Stafford attempted two passes that traveled more than 15 yards last Thursday - but I care so little it don’t even hurt anymore.
From the misery loves company dept:

7. I think if I were Jacksonville GM David Caldwell, come March and the new league year, I’d offer Detroit first and fourth-round picks for Matthew Stafford.

--Peter King's inane "10 things I think I think" 11/26/18

From the misery loves company dept:

7. I think if I were Jacksonville GM David Caldwell, come March and the new league year, I’d offer Detroit first and fourth-round picks for Matthew Stafford.

--Peter King's inane "10 things I think I think" 11/26/18
Sold. Can you throw in Cody Kessler?

Realistically the Lions cannot move on from Stafford’s contract until after the 2020 season. The most likely outcome is OC Jim Bob Cooter gets fired in January, and the new guy will have two years to win a division title and/or a playoff game. Anything short of that & #9 goes elsewhere after season 12.

IMHO

@Evilzorac: So Kessler, good news you get to start for Jags.

Bad news, you get no oline, no starting running back, no tight ends, and a meh receiving corp.

Have a good time!

Apparently TC just threw the entire team under the bus and backed over them

@PriscoCBS: Coughlin killing his team right now on 1010XL -- Sounds like he's not happy with his coach

@PriscoCBS: Angry about penalties and conduct on the field and also basically hinted that the team has regressed in a lot of area -- not just offense https://twitter.com/Alen__1991/status/1067396786434834433

@HaysCarlyon: Coughlin asked on the Drill about new passing surge in NFL and if it’s changed his approach.   He says you’ve got to hit big plays through the air even if you want to run the ball. Says Rams is a play-action scheme but they have accuracy.

@HaysCarlyon: Coughlin asked on the Drill about new passing surge in NFL and if it’s changed his approach.   He says you’ve got to hit big plays through the air even if you want to run the ball. Says Rams is a play-action scheme but they have accuracy.
But isn't Coughlin the one that gave Bortles the extension? Marrone is his guy. Bortles is now his guy. Etc. 

But isn't Coughlin the one that gave Bortles the extension? Marrone is his guy. Bortles is now his guy. Etc. 
One rumor was that Coughlin wanted to move on from Bortles but was talked out of it presumably by Caldwell.  (Doubtful it was Marrone- he had little confidence in Bortles last year.) Caldwell is still the GM (whi drafted Bortles) and i took this morning's scorched Earth to lay the blame at Caldwell (for roster shortcomings) and Marrone (for gameday shortcomings like penalties, gameplans)

@vitostellino: Notice Tom's talk about penalties. He will recommend firing Marrone and probably Caldwell to deflect blame from himself. Is Khan ready to admit he made a mistake hiring Tom and needs to go in a different direction? We will find out in five weeks.

Livid. 

No accountability.

Public backlash incoming.

@JohnOehser: Jaguars Owner Shad Khan announces that EVP of Football Operations Tom Coughlin, GM David Caldwell and HC Doug Marrone will return in 2019

5-11.  One of the worst teams in the NFL.  Who could have ever guessed this team would "regress" after their magical season last year?  

@tealtalk: Quick check: Lamar Jackson is leading his team to the playoffs. Taven Bryan finally got his first sack in week 17. We’re bringing the GM back.

So they're going to trade a Top 5 pick for a mid-round pick at best and yet nobody in the front office us held responsible-

From AP :

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A person familiar with the situation says the Jacksonville Jaguars have notified running back Leonard Fournette that his suspension late last month voided the remaining guarantees in his four-year rookie contract.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity Sunday night. The person said the Jaguars notified Fournette of the action weeks ago. Fournette could challenge the decision.

So they're going to trade a Top 5 pick for a mid-round pick at best 
Not going to get a mid-round pick for a sub 4.0 ypc back with chronic lower body injuries who averages one suspension per year.  If they can recoup the 5th they spent to get Hyde, they should take it and run, but I’m not optimistic 

So they're going to trade a Top 5 pick for a mid-round pick at best and yet nobody in the front office us held responsible-

From AP :

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A person familiar with the situation says the Jacksonville Jaguars have notified running back Leonard Fournette that his suspension late last month voided the remaining guarantees in his four-year rookie contract.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity Sunday night. The person said the Jaguars notified Fournette of the action weeks ago. Fournette could challenge the decision.
Yeah Fournette would love to get out of Jacksonville. He'd get way more money and get to go to a better team.

Jags fans, talk to me about Fournette.

What's your take on what happened with his injury situation?

Think the Jags will let him go now he doesn't have any cap hit?  Do you want them to?

I found the thought of him being available intriguing, especially if he had some negativity that might keep his price down.  I looked up his stats though and I guess my impression of him was far better than his stats have been.   Is that on him or the rest of the situation, run blocking and/or QB play?

Thought Minshew looked terrific (to say the least) for being a late round rookie thrust into action. He looked like a 10 year vet out there. Great job extending plays in pocket and keeping his head downfield, going through his progressions, and great ball placement so his receivers could make plays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread