What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official JACKIE BATTLE Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Kenny Powers

Footballguy
The other thread got moved to the FFA, so be funny in that thread and keep it alive over there.

This thread is only for real Jackie Battle talk. This thread is serious business.

We'll see if Jackie Battle can extend his 100 yard rushing game streak next sunday at 4:05 PM EST at Oakland

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackie Battle is an average to slightly above average NFL RB who could do well in the right situation.

I like his chances to put up some good games, but I'm not really thinking he's the next Foster-like WW RB.

KC is one of the few teams who will commit to running the ball. We will see if Battle can take advantage of this huge opportunity. A productive Battle is probably the best chance KC has of winning games.

FWIW, Bengals' RB's Benson and Scott combined for 27 carries and only 86 yards vs the Indy D. JACKIE BATTLE went for 119 yds on only 19 carries. I've watched the KC-Indy game twice and there is no doubt that JACKIE BATTLE is a pile mover while TJones runs very light.

Not a bad matchup this week for him this week vs Oakland's run D, which is average at best. Can't wait to see how high JACKIE BATTLE is listed in the FBG rankings. I'm guessing he'll be higher than the RB #34 ranking in the Top 250 forward last week. It isn't easy to have your stock rise in a bye week, but that is exactly what has happened with JACKIE BATTLE.

From the KC Star:

Battle’s performance helped send the Chiefs into the bye week with a two-game winning streak, and it’s something the team’s fans should expect to see more of going forward.

“We knew guys were going to get opportunities with the situation we’re in losing Jamaal,” Haley said. “But I’m just happy Jackie has seized his opportunity — and he’s getting better. Like anybody, getting to play and gain some experience has been really huge for him.

The Chiefs have kept Battle around primarily because he’s a strong special-teams player, but assistant head coach Maurice Carthon has long championed Battle as a runner, too.

Both Battle and McClain, who were shaken up in the victory against the Colts, are expected to be available when the season resumes Sunday in Oakland, where the Chiefs running game has one definite goal — find the end zone.

The Chiefs are the only team in the NFL without a rushing touchdown this season.

“It’s not a concern to me, not as long as our run game is becoming more and more efficient,” Haley said. “It is. We’re getting better running the football. How we get into the end zone doesn’t matter to me provided we’re moving down the field like we did Sunday.”

But it is a concern for the team’s committee of running backs.

“We’ve got to do something about that, so next week we’re looking forward to trying to get in the end zone two or three times,” McClain said.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/16/3211838/chiefs-stay-grounded-despite-loss.html#storylink=rss#ixzz1b2aSaIt0

The other thread got moved to the FFA, so be funny in that thread and keep it alive over there. This thread is only for real Jackie Battle talk. This thread is serious business.We'll see if Jackie Battle can extend his 100 yard rushing game streak next sunday at 4:05 PM EST at Oakland
As Matt Cassel and Dwayne Bowe have started to get back into 2010 form some running lanes should open up for Battle. 50 percent of fantasy football is opportunity and Battle will get his. If he stays healthy I like Battle to be an ok number 2 or a great number running back.ps: Thanks for starting this thread. The other Battle thread was really annoying.

I gotta laugh (as a jamaal charles owner). I never really felt haley publicly commited to JC (despite his hmbers last year, there were plenty of games last year where his lack of touches left me scratching my head). Now after one game it sounds to me like Haley is really on board with this guy.

Oh well, upward and onward for j Battle.

"Jackie Battle (head) is expected to be available for Sunday's game against the Raiders.

The bye week came at a good time for Battle, who needed to recover after his 21-touch outing in Week 5. He's also earning praise from coach Todd Haley. "I'm just happy Jackie has seized his opportunity — and he's getting better. Like anybody, getting to play and gain some experience has been really huge for him," Haley said. Battle is a good bet to lead the Chiefs' backfield in touches again this week.

Source: Kansas City Star"

Nobody has mentioned this but Boller will start at QB for the Raiders. And if the Chiefs defense makes some plays Battle might get some good opportunities. Also if the Chiefs hold a lead, that should also be great for Battle as they will use the ground game to control the clock.

I started him in 2 leagues against the Colts. I am probably starting him in 3 leagues in my flex spot due to bye weeks and I will continue starting him depending on this week's performance.

Nobody has mentioned this but Boller will start at QB for the Raiders. And if the Chiefs defense makes some plays Battle might get some good opportunities. Also if the Chiefs hold a lead, that should also be great for Battle as they will use the ground game to control the clock.
Seems logical. Then consider how bad Boller can be be - best offense might be to punt and get an interception 3 plays later!

What was the "head" injury? I've been seeing that listed on him for over a week now since that big game he had but nothing about concussion or concussion symptoms or anything. So what was it?

Please don't fumble. Please don't fumble.

If he holds onto the ball and has a good game against Oak...80 yards, 1 TD...he's gold the rest of the way, despite the tough schedule.

I think while the schedule might be tough in the sense that opponents might build a lead on KC early, I don't think it is that tough otherwise. KC can move the ball through the air to keep defenses honest.

Please don't fumble. Please don't fumble.If he holds onto the ball and has a good game against Oak...80 yards, 1 TD...he's gold the rest of the way, despite the tough schedule.
This is precisely why I am sitting him for one of Harvin or Baldwin. If he's going to put a string of fantasy relevant games together (a la Blount last year) waiting one more week isn't going to hurt...

I think another vote of confidence this week by Haley will lock and load him into my lineup. Hope we get that today or tomorrow. When does Haley typically meet with the media?

The preliminary Dodds rankings show JACKIE BATTLE in the mid- to late- 20's among RB's. Seems a bit low.
I dont really care where he is ranked. I am playing him over MJD against the ravens monday. I want no part of that...
Co-signed. I think I'm going to roll with Battle over Willis McGahee, even though McGahee's in the top 20. I'm too worried about Tebow eating into McGahee's carries.

I just traded for Battle. Gave up Kevin Walters for him. :thumbup:

I'll be starting him with Turner, as I have Shaddy on a bye, and my other option is an injured Addai, or inconsistent Delone Carter.

I have Battle in two leagues.

As of today I plan on sitting him behind Ernest Graham and AP RBs 1&2, and Sproles Flex but am debating on Sproles. Return yardage counts, so probably Sproles stays.

Starting him with Graham over Ingram, with Blount hurt and Fred Jackson on a bye. That's a no flex league, 2 RBs/3 WRs. Am somewhat uncertain about it but Ingram hasn't helped me much.

I'm rolling with him as my flex this week (unless I get Beck off of waivers).

I expect a decent game vs. Raiders run DEF this week.

Starting Battle in the flex in a non-ppr over the likes of Sproles, RBush, THT. In my league, OAK has given up the 30th most points to RBs this season.

Users who are viewing this thread