What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** In-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

12 team dynasty ppr

I gave up

Tavon Austin

Steve Smith

I received

2014 1st

2015 1st

Hankerson

Great to see Austin get loose today vs the Colts but I just don't see him being the star I had hoped when I drafted him 1.1 Even if I'm wrong 2 1sts will make it hurt quite a bit less.
Great deal for you IMO.

32 Team dynasty:

I gave :

Case Keenum

I get:

2014 3rd

2014 4th

2014 5th

2015 2nd

2015 3rd
32 teams, if players are available only once, love the deal for the other guy. Case might not be the future but the low picks are a crapshoot too.

32 Team dynasty:

I gave :

Case Keenum

I get:

2014 3rd

2014 4th

2014 5th

2015 2nd

2015 3rd
32 teams, if players are available only once, love the deal for the other guy. Case might not be the future but the low picks are a crapshoot too.
Agreed. If there are not multiple copies of players (which makes it functionally a 16-team dynasty), then starting quarterbacks are SUPER rare and become as valuable as they would be in a 2QB league. I'd much rather have a guy who is starting and looking quite good than a whole mess of picks in the 70+ range.

Traded Julio, Cobb, quick, thompkins for Roddy and AJ Green along with a 2014 4th and 2015 4th & 5th

12x30 Ppr league

Maybe I could have waited for Cobb, but didn't want to trust Antonio Brown, Shorts, and K. Wright as my top 3 in division play when I'm 9-0 (2nd place team is 7-2 and stacked)
ouch.
Man that is brutal..
why? AJ Green is the best player in the deal. Thompkins & Quick have minimal value at best. Do I lose some long term? Sure...but I'm undefeated and geared up for this year. Roddy should also help now that hes healthyThe Des Bryant owner would only take both and would not accept counters. Demaryus owner is my top rival. Tried to trade him Graham straight up and he declined
Julio Jones is the best player in the deal - but it's close.

With the said, despite Roddy White being "ancient" I can understand why a 9-0 team with injuries would make this deal, even if its a long term loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
32 Team dynasty:

I gave :

Case Keenum

I get:

2014 3rd

2014 4th

2014 5th

2015 2nd

2015 3rd
Agreed. If there are not multiple copies of players (which makes it functionally a 16-team dynasty), then starting quarterbacks are SUPER rare and become as valuable as they would be in a 2QB league. I'd much rather have a guy who is starting and looking quite good than a whole mess of picks in the 70+ range.
That's the other part, double the round on average. If IDP, there's some value to be had but otherwise it's difficult to find valuable players after the 2nd.

Traded Julio, Cobb, quick, thompkins for Roddy and AJ Green along with a 2014 4th and 2015 4th & 5th

12x30 Ppr league

Maybe I could have waited for Cobb, but didn't want to trust Antonio Brown, Shorts, and K. Wright as my top 3 in division play when I'm 9-0 (2nd place team is 7-2 and stacked)
ouch.
Man that is brutal..
why? AJ Green is the best player in the deal. Thompkins & Quick have minimal value at best. Do I lose some long term? Sure...but I'm undefeated and geared up for this year. Roddy should also help now that hes healthyThe Des Bryant owner would only take both and would not accept counters. Demaryus owner is my top rival. Tried to trade him Graham straight up and he declined
Julio Jones is the best player in the deal - but it's close.

With the said, despite Roddy White being "ancient" I can understand why a 9-0 team with injuries would make this deal, even if its a long term loss.
A J Green is the best player in the deal.

12 Team ppr: QB-2RB-3WR-TE-FL

• Team B gave up
  • Manuel, E.J. BUF QB;
  • Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick (mid);
  • Year 2014 Round 4 Draft Pick;
  • Year 2014 Round 5 Draft Pick;
  • Year 2014 Round 5 Draft Pick
There's very little difference between a 4th rounder and a waiver claim in most leagues, meaning that essentially amounts to Murray + Roeth for Manuel + a 2nd. In a 2QB league it'd be a lot more interesting, but in a 1QB league, give me Murray by a lot.

16 team ppr

I gave Vereen

I got Doug Martin, 2nd, 4th

He is in 1st place, I am out of the playoffs.
I'm unsure whether I should high five you for pulling this off or slap the other guy for accepting it.

I've got Dougie 25 spots ahead of Vereen in my dynasty rankings.

16 team ppr

I gave Vereen

I got Doug Martin, 2nd, 4th

He is in 1st place, I am out of the playoffs.
I'm unsure whether I should high five you for pulling this off or slap the other guy for accepting it.

I've got Dougie 25 spots ahead of Vereen in my dynasty rankings.
Wow, this is horrible. Even if you don't like/believe in Martin, he should fetch much more than Vereen. Not to mention the picks.

10 team 2 TE league (.5 ppr)

Antonio Gates

for

Kyle Rudolph (post injury)

The team getting Gates is a contender and the team getting Rudolph is bottom 3

12 Team ppr: QB-2RB-3WR-TE-FL

• Team B gave up
  • Manuel, E.J. BUF QB;
  • Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick (mid);
  • Year 2014 Round 5 Draft Pick;
  • Year 2014 Round 5 Draft Pick
There's very little difference between a 4th rounder and a waiver claim in most leagues, meaning that essentially amounts to Murray + Roeth for Manuel + a 2nd. In a 2QB league it'd be a lot more interesting, but in a 1QB league, give me Murray by a lot.
Roeth is basically worth the garbage picks. Murray cant stay healthy and couldn't even draw a 1st from contending teams. I love Manuel's upside with an up&coming wr core. May have sold low, but if Dallas draft/signs a back this changes significantly.

14 team PPR w/ dev players. .75/1/1.25 PPR for RB/WR/TE. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX.

Gave:

2014 1st rounder (1.09-1.14)

2014 dev pick (1.07-1.10)

TE Jermaine Gresham

Got:

RB Christine Michael

Dev draft is all NCAA players (you can draft HS kids and freshman), so the pool tends to be deep. Last year Bridgewater, Diggs, J Hill, Tyner, and Gordon were all picked 1.07 or later. Quite a few of the top rookies are still in the rookie pool as well (Evans, Ebron, Robinson, Beckham, Moncrief, Sankey, Freeman, Amaro to name a few).

14 team PPR w/ dev players. .75/1/1.25 PPR for RB/WR/TE. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX.

Gave:

TE Jermaine Gresham

Got:

RB Christine Michael

Dev draft is all NCAA players (you can draft HS kids and freshman), so the pool tends to be deep. Last year Bridgewater, Diggs, J Hill, Tyner, and Gordon were all picked 1.07 or later. Quite a few of the top rookies are still in the rookie pool as well (Evans, Ebron, Robinson, Beckham, Moncrief, Sankey, Freeman, Amaro to name a few).
I like it, especially since the 2014 1st rounder is thinned out by previous dev picks.

Gave:

TE Jermaine Gresham

Got:

RB Christine Michael

love this trade for you. Gresham is worthless and late 1sts in a devy league aren't all that great. plus late devs are a complete crapshoot.

Gave:

TE Jermaine Gresham

Got:

RB Christine Michael

love this trade for you. Gresham is worthless and late 1sts in a devy league aren't all that great. plus late devs are a complete crapshoot.
I kind of like Gresham. Certainly more than most people like him. He gets a little too much flack IMO. On the other hand, he probably needs a team change to get back to his best and even when he was the unquestioned starter he was more of a fringe TE1 than a guy you wanted to be starting.

I think this deal will hinge on 2 things: Michael's durability and the two draft picks. Michael himself was only the 1.09 rookie pick in this league last year, so certainly there's some value out there if you can make smart choices and pick the right players. Same with the dev draft. I had been building a list of players for that pick and while I didn't see anybody that I absolutely had to have, there are plenty of high upside options out there. If the other guy picks well, he can win this deal.

That said, I think it's a decent price for Michael and I'm glad to have him. Did not really have much at RB (Martin, JStew, Gerhart and then two devs Dyer and Tyner).

Gave:

TE Jermaine Gresham

Got:

RB Christine Michael

As a fellow Michael believer, I like that you did what you had to do to get him.

But I can't help but think this guy knew you were a huge proponent of Michael, and took advantage of that to get you to pay a price that would be above market price for many owners.

Gave:

TE Jermaine Gresham

Got:

RB Christine Michael

As a fellow Michael believer, I like that you did what you had to do to get him.

But I can't help but think this guy knew you were a huge proponent of Michael, and took advantage of that to get you to pay a price that would be above market price for many owners.
Well I was the one who offered the deal, so I doubt it was that.

I think it's a decent price. I've tried to buy Michael elsewhere and the price is pretty high. I would take him over the 1.01 dev pick in that league, so for me to give approximately the 1.08, a late 1st, and my long term backup TE seemed pretty sensible. I'll miss those picks, but at least I know this guy can play.

FWIW, I did not see anyone on the dev landscape that I absolutely had to have, so that was part of it.

Gave:

TE Jermaine Gresham

Got:

RB Christine Michael

Well I was the one who offered the deal, so I doubt it was that.

I think it's a decent price. I've tried to buy Michael elsewhere and the price is pretty high. I would take him over the 1.01 dev pick in that league, so for me to give approximately the 1.08, a late 1st, and my long term backup TE seemed pretty sensible. I'll miss those picks, but at least I know this guy can play.

FWIW, I did not see anyone on the dev landscape that I absolutely had to have, so that was part of it.
Fair enough. I agree that in the absence of any unrostered "must have" Devy's or rookies this is fair value.

12 team PPR Dynasty 1/2/3/1/1

Gave up:

2nd round draft pick (probably 1st pick of round)

3rd round draft pick

Got:

Tom Brady
I'd shake my head in disgust over this one, but this is actually about what Brady's value is right now. I'm doing a mid-season mock where we're in the 10th round, and I'm the last team that hasn't taken a QB yet, and Brady's still sitting on the board. People just want nothing to do with him in dynasty.

12 team PPR Dynasty 1/2/3/1/1

Gave up:

2nd round draft pick (probably 1st pick of round)

3rd round draft pick

Got:

Tom Brady
I'd shake my head in disgust over this one, but this is actually about what Brady's value is right now. I'm doing a mid-season mock where we're in the 10th round, and I'm the last team that hasn't taken a QB yet, and Brady's still sitting on the board. People just want nothing to do with him in dynasty.
Seeing what Manning is going for - Brady is a buy. He's got a couple top 5-7 seasons left, and he'll go for much more than this when that happens.

I don't think the trade is awful, especially if it ends up being the 2.01; but, again, he'll be worth more, no later than next season.

FreeBaGeL said:
EBF said:

Gave:

TE Jermaine Gresham

Got:

RB Christine Michael

I like it, especially since the 2014 1st rounder is thinned out by previous dev picks.
I like it for both sides really. Just depends on getting lucky with the picks. This is the kind of deal that could easily work out for both sides.

Cobb and Witten for Gronk.

Non-ppr.

Start 1/2/3/1 and 1 flex (RB/WR/TE).

Team acquiring Cobb is light at WR. Team trading Cobb has lots of other WR options.

Who won?

EBF said:

Gave:

TE Jermaine Gresham

Got:

RB Christine Michael

I kind of like Gresham. Certainly more than most people like him. He gets a little too much flack IMO. On the other hand, he probably needs a team change to get back to his best and even when he was the unquestioned starter he was more of a fringe TE1 than a guy you wanted to be starting.

I think this deal will hinge on 2 things: Michael's durability and the two draft picks. Michael himself was only the 1.09 rookie pick in this league last year, so certainly there's some value out there if you can make smart choices and pick the right players. Same with the dev draft. I had been building a list of players for that pick and while I didn't see anybody that I absolutely had to have, there are plenty of high upside options out there. If the other guy picks well, he can win this deal.

That said, I think it's a decent price for Michael and I'm glad to have him. Did not really have much at RB (Martin, JStew, Gerhart and then two devs Dyer and Tyner).
thought this was a fair deal (I was the one trading Michael away) Seems likely the pick back is similar to the pick spent, meaning I gained a devy + Gresham for basically dropping back a year in the draft. I liked Michael enough to draft him, but it seemed fair to me

Team A gave up : Vick, Doug Martin, DeSean Jackson

Team B gave up: Andy Dalton, Matt Forte, Michael Bush, Vincent Jackson

Another 14 team PPR (1.5 for TEs), starting QB, 2RB, 2WR/TE, 2 flex. Team A is a contender likely to get a first round playoff bye. Team B is a lucky .500 and was a longshot to make the playoffs (even more of a longshot now)

Team A gave up : Vick, Doug Martin, DeSean Jackson

Team B gave up: Andy Dalton, Matt Forte, Michael Bush, Vincent Jackson

Another 14 team PPR (1.5 for TEs), starting QB, 2RB, 2WR/TE, 2 flex. Team A is a contender likely to get a first round playoff bye. Team B is a lucky .500 and was a longshot to make the playoffs (even more of a longshot now)
Team B wins by a lot, imo.

Looks like there are some real buy low opportunities out there on Doug Martin right now.

12 Team 1PPR, 2QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1Flex (RB/WR/TE)

Gave - 2014 1st, 2014 2nd, Dennis Pitta

Received - DeSean Jackson

I badly needed a productive/reliable WR to pair up with AJG after Wayne went down, and am currently sitting towards the top of the Victory Points standings so hopefully the picks I no longer have end up being in the 1.12-1.10 range. Other owner still has Crabtree/Cecil/Allen/Wallace/Denarius/Marvin but needs to finish off the little rebuild with some RBs and a QB in this next draft and now owns two 1sts/two 2nds. Other team could be very good a year from now and has done a good job choosing his prospects so far

12 team PPR

Team A is in it, Team B is looking to next year.

Team A gave:

Tyler Eifert

2014 1st (belonging to a 5-5 team)

2014 2nd

Team B gave:

Larry Fitzgerald

2014 1st (belonging to 11-0 team)

12x30 Ppr league

ouch.
Man that is brutal..
Most of us think Julio = Green, or close to it.

That leaves the trade Cobb/Quick/Thompkins for Roddy and some near worthless picks.
Julio isn't equal to Green. Julio isn't playing and he has a good shot to win it this year. Roddy will bounce back. I think he gave a little too much but overall, I like this trade because of his situation. Is the goal to win a championship or forever try for next season?
I agree. People devalue the current season too much in dynasty leagues. They also tend to downplay downside factors, like Julio's foot which has a chance to be a long-term issue (maybe).

I like Cobb, but I'n not sure he's the best WR on his team, and it's not like Roddy White is in his last year or anything.

Solid "go for it" move.

I've been snaking people.

Traded:

Arian Foster (4 years)

Justin Blackmon (3 years)

Christine Michael (2 years)

For:

Larry Fitzgerald (3 years)

Ryan Mathews (3 years)

Lamar Miller (3 years)

Then traded:

Ryan Mathews (3 years)

Lamar Miller (3 years)

Rob Housler (2 years)

For:

Chris Johnson (2 year)

Brian Hartline (1 year)

Nick Folk (1 year)

Turned:

Arian Foster (4 years)

Into:

Chris Johnson (2 years)

Brian Hartline (1 year)

Nick Folk (1 year)

All this happened the day before Foster rumors about surgery surfaced.

If I win 2 more games, I'll hopefully have a playoff spot locked up. Need to win now.

Turned:

Arian Foster (4 years)

Into:

Chris Johnson (2 years)

Brian Hartline (1 year)

Nick Folk (1 year)

If I win 2 more games, I'll hopefully have a playoff spot locked up. Need to win now.
Rather have Michael and Blackmon than Fitz at this point. Only way I really see it working out is if Fitz goes to a new team and has a renaissance.

Turned:

Arian Foster (4 years)

Into:

Chris Johnson (2 years)

Brian Hartline (1 year)

Nick Folk (1 year)

Rather have Michael and Blackmon than Fitz at this point. Only way I really see it working out is if Fitz goes to a new team and has a renaissance.
Well, considering my team is 6-4 and I have a chance for a playoff push.Michael is on a two-year deal, he's not going to see significant carries sans injury. Foster and Blackmon aren't going to win me a playoff game and a chance for $300.

Edit: I'm currently shopping Fitzgerald.

12 team non-PPR, Q.RR.WWW.T.K.DL.LB.DB

Team A gives

Danny Woodhead

2014 2nd Round (top 3)

Team B gives

2014 1st Round (mid/late)

2014 2nd Round (mid/late)

12 team, start 1/2/3/1, 22 roster spots

I give: 2014 2nd (mid to late)

I get: Brady

Seemed a cheap price for (hopefully) a few more years of mid to high QB1 play.

12 team, start 1/2/3/1, 22 roster spots

I give: 2014 2nd (mid to late)

I get: Brady

Seemed a cheap price for (hopefully) a few more years of mid to high QB1 play.
Good deal for you. After I acquired Luck, I moved Brady for Nicks and a 2014 1st (guy is contending for a playoff spot so could be 1.5-1.10). I was happy to get that for Brady.

12 Team PPR, start 2RB/3WR/TE and can flex any

My Y1 dynasty team that is doomed to finish 7th or 8th and just miss the playoffs so I traded:

Sproles

for

B Brown, L Green and 1st and 2nd Round Devy (late, can't draft true Frosh, so of the 24 players rostered, none from the Gurley/Yeldon class)

12 Team PPR, start 2RB/3WR/TE and can flex any

My Y1 dynasty team that is doomed to finish 7th or 8th and just miss the playoffs so I traded:

Sproles

for

B Brown, L Green and 1st and 2nd Round Devy (late, can't draft true Frosh, so of the 24 players rostered, none from the Gurley/Yeldon class)
Awesome value. I would rather have Brown than Sproles for a rebuilding team. Add in the devy picks and it's a landslide.

Users who are viewing this thread