What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (2 Viewers)

I know very little about college football but I had that Stetson cologne guy for OVER 11.5 rushing yards.

He gets negative 24.  :lmao:

Bittersweet night last night. 

Bought 5x $20 squares for the game. Had decent but not great squares. 

Also had two Teasers @$100ea landing on Bama +9 and +9.5. 

So our night begins:

I hit the 2nd half with Bama 9 / UGA 6 for $500. Sweet! :banned:  

I also had Bama 8 / UGA 6... so with 1:09 to go I was lined up for another $500, plus both teasers were (barely) in the money. :coffee:

Then....  -$700 in the blink of an eye :lol:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually thinking of rolling with most unders this weekend. Most of the dogs too.
I like every single dog which is kinda scary.........

Am I crazy to think Philly could shock the world?

SF wins SU as well 

SF to win it all at +4000 booked weeks ago.. Let's go!!

i like SF To win but I feel like so does everyone else

i think NE Covers

i could see the Cards pulling the upset although I’m less confident than I was when I originally saw the matchup.  I don’t think they cover in a loss though 

I feel like the Bengals should win and cover but I’ve constantly underestimated Oakland all year and both teams are capable of looking awesome or dreadful any given Sunday.  I have a Bengals Tampa tease FWIW

Bucs are banged up on offense but they still have a very strong run D and if Philly struggles to run I’m not sure I see Hurts leading them to victory throwing it a bunch.  Definitely think they win and probably cover, but not a spread I’m really interested in betting outside of the tease

KC should roll but I’m not really interested in laying 12.5 in the playoffs.  I probably will by game time though since I’ll be drinking all day

Thinking the ultra cold weather will make kicking long field goals a dicey proposition in Buffalo.  Longest FG under 46.5.

If you can find it, shortest TD under 1.5 yards or 1 yard TD yes bets have done well in the playoffs for several years in  a row.

I got a free bet I had to use today--not too risky but went Cin/Buf ML.  I think Cin just destroys the Raiders and Buffalo sneaks it out in a low scoring game. 

I also threw down a Rams SB bet at +1100 because I like to lose money.  

I got a free bet I had to use today--not too risky but went Cin/Buf ML.  I think Cin just destroys the Raiders and Buffalo sneaks it out in a low scoring game. 

I also threw down a Rams SB bet at +1100 because I like to lose money.  
Nice job, I thought NE/Buff would be low scoring as well. I bet the under and lost. :angry:

Thinking the ultra cold weather will make kicking long field goals a dicey proposition in Buffalo.  Longest FG under 46.5.

If you can find it, shortest TD under 1.5 yards or 1 yard TD yes bets have done well in the playoffs for several years in  a row.
Nice! Both of these winners for BUF/NE.

lol I tried to parlay these bets but Heritage wouldn't let me

SF/Dal over 4.5 sacks

Jimmy G over .5 int

Big Ben over .5 int

Diontae Johnson over 6.5 receptions. @swirvenirvin would most likely laugh in my face, I a, certainly no prop stud like he is. But I think Ben has to play catch up and DJ will be targeted often in the 3-8 yard variety of routes.

Hi All, hoping to get a little help from someone who is more experienced with Bovada than I.  I made a player prop bet yesterday.  I took over 30.5 yards for Jordan Howard.  Terrible bet, as he never even stepped on the field.  When you make the wager, on Bovada it says "player must play in the game for action to be valid".  They graded it a loss, and when I asked they said it was because he was on the active roster.

I vaguely remember having a bet graded no action when I had an under, when the player was active, but did not step on field.  

I am guessing Bovada is right, but I just want to validate with someone here.  The fact I made such a crap bet tells me I should bow out of sports wagering!  Thanks!

Hi All, hoping to get a little help from someone who is more experienced with Bovada than I.  I made a player prop bet yesterday.  I took over 30.5 yards for Jordan Howard.  Terrible bet, as he never even stepped on the field.  When you make the wager, on Bovada it says "player must play in the game for action to be valid".  They graded it a loss, and when I asked they said it was because he was on the active roster.

I vaguely remember having a bet graded no action when I had an under, when the player was active, but did not step on field.  

I am guessing Bovada is right, but I just want to validate with someone here.  The fact I made such a crap bet tells me I should bow out of sports wagering!  Thanks!
He played he had 1 catch for 7 yards they are 100% correct here 

In the past I recall people having to find like the NFL game log to show snap counts but that isn’t going to help you here

I have a strong lean with Green Bay next weekend.  First, they are the top team in the NFC, and it is going to be really really cold up there.  I just think it's tough for these teams to travel and be anywhere near as prepared for the field, the conditions, etc.. as the Packers.  Plus the bye week to get healthy, and I just heard on tonight's broadcast that Garrapollo is dealing with a shoulder injury in addition to his thumb.   49ers are really good and peaking, but I think they have too much going against them.

My documented Year to Date record is 0-0-0 :) .

Edit to add that I made my Green Bay wagers yesterday at -5.5.  Line moved to -6 today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a strong lean with Green Bay next weekend.  First, they are the top team in the NFC, and it is going to be really really cold up there.  I just think it's tough for these teams to travel and be anywhere near as prepared for the field, the conditions, etc.. as the Packers.  Plus the bye week to get healthy, and I just heard on tonight's broadcast that Garrapollo is dealing with a shoulder injury in addition to his thumb.   49ers are really good and peaking, but I think they have too much going against them.

Thanks for the heads up on the Jimmy G injury, that is indeed a big deal.   

Packers have some holes though.  O line and defense have several starters out.

Oh crap.  I think I was hearing what I wanted to hear as I like the Packers anyway.  Not good to have injuries like you describe.  Still gonna stick with it, but thanks for heads up!

Oh crap.  I think I was hearing what I wanted to hear as I like the Packers anyway.  Not good to have injuries like you describe.  Still gonna stick with it, but thanks for heads up!

I'm a Niners homer and agree with ramsfan that SF is in trouble.  I read that GB has gotten or are getting many players back:

"Not only did David Bakhtiari and Josh Myers come back in Week 18, but Jaire Alexander, Za’Darius Smith, Randall Cobb, Billy Turner and Whitney Mercilius could all be back and contributing in one shape or another when the Packers open the playoffs in the NFC Divisional Round next week."  That bye week for GB can't be overstated in importance.

I was pretty happy with the online wagering app that Oregon provided -- but the state decided to dump it.

So instead they transferred me over to a DraftKings account.

Anything special I should know about DraftKings?? Thank you

Free money on FanDuel “spread the love” Knicks max bet on Thursday is $50.  Currently up to +50 and counting. 
Yeah, this is a free $45.  It's 71.5 now.. lol

I ran $200 total on there NFL Parlay's get $100 back.  Lost all 8   :wall:

I did put $300 on the Chiefs ML live bet after Pittsburgh scored their TD so at least there's that.

I was pretty happy with the online wagering app that Oregon provided -- but the state decided to dump it.

So instead they transferred me over to a DraftKings account.

Anything special I should know about DraftKings?? Thank you
I’ve used FanDuel, BetMGM, SugarHouse and Draftkings. 
Draftkings s my favorite by far. Easy to use, decent promos, best rewards imo

Edit to add that I made my Green Bay wagers yesterday at -5.5.  Line moved to -6 today.
Cashed out my deposit and am putting all the winning on GB.  already in at 5.5 also.  Good luck GB  :suds: :hifive:

FWIW, heard a stat that claims home teams do much better this round in Saturday games than Sunday. Probably the short week for the road teams vs the more rested home teams. 🏈

Going out on a limb a little bit here.  Tampa and Rams average 10.2 penalties/game between them, relatively low.  However, Shawn Hochuli crews have averaged calling 13.4 penalties/game.  These over-officious jerks seemed to get their dander up last week (See the Raiders and Cowboys games).  Over 10.5 penalties Rams/Buccs.

Users who are viewing this thread