What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (3 Viewers)

I’m thinking 1P and game unders in the NHL for the rest of this round.  If you really feel adventurous, bet yes on the OT prop.

Last edited by a moderator:
MMM - enforcement of stuff on balls starts today

LA/SD O7.5-105
Hou/Bal O10.5 - 115
CLE/CHC O7 - 115

Why - cause I hate $

Add - NY ISL + 155  - I think this is a toss up - I know TB is home but this is going to a tight game IMHO

MMM - enforcement of stuff on balls starts today

LA/SD O7.5-105
Hou/Bal O10.5 - 115
CLE/CHC O7 - 115

Why - cause I hate $

Add - NY ISL + 155  - I think this is a toss up - I know TB is home but this is going to a tight game IMHO
I tailed @gamblou on Islanders.  He ALWAYS bets road dogs and small faves.  Ugh.

Soo.. I thought I bet on Bryson Dechambeau to win the US open... and that would have been a loser - but instead I bet on Bryson to win the Britiish Open  - so I have that going for me as that bet isn't dead yet... LOL
No Lie I did the same for the masters and it paid off.  Meant to bet Hideki for the week and bet him for masters by accident.  

Don’t think Bryson is a good fit for the open, but you never know!

“I’m automatically attracted to beautiful women — I just start kissing them, it’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything..."

I think I figured out the whole over / under fiasco. It's become apparent to me that Vegas is more concerned with spread outcomes than the total and will abandon a total in exchange for getting their desired outcome.

It's a market and logically, the majority of money will be on the spread. So in the interest of making money, Vegas "needs" to win on the spread.

The total ends up being a product of whatever means are required to get their desired result.

Decoding spreads in relation to public money is where my head should have been. The totals have lost correlation due to the volume of money  the spread.

With that said, the Bucks will win and cover the 8 tonight. Atlanta will not win another game this series.

Atlanta winning that game was bait to get the public to "believe" in Atlanta. The Bucks will cover the next two games and then will win but not cover Game 4 and Game 5.

With that said, the Bucks will win and cover the 8 tonight. Atlanta will not win another game this series.

Atlanta winning that game was bait to get the public to "believe" in Atlanta. The Bucks will cover the next two games and then will win but not cover Game 4 and Game 5.
Atlanta has the best record since Febuary, they beat the number 1 seed at home, dominated the Knicks, and took game 1 on the road against the Bucks.  Atlanta is going on 4 months of looking like the best team in the league.  Four months of bait? 

Atlanta has the best record since Febuary, they beat the number 1 seed at home, dominated the Knicks, and took game 1 on the road against the Bucks.  Atlanta is going on 4 months of looking like the best team in the league.  Four months of bait? 
I'M THE BEST NBA CAPPER ON THE PLANET

That was the first home game the Bucks have lost all post season. Middleton went 0-9 from three and the Bucks were scoreless the last 2 minutes.

Atlanta winning is like when you accidentally let your kid brother beat you in a sport. Round 2 you're taking him to the woodshed.

"If you want to crown em, then crown their ###. But they are who we thought they were."

Anyone else want to argue with daddy about NBA betting today? I've got a lean on Suns / Clippers that will knock your socks off.

(we like the over)

Likely OT scenario. This game is important to both teams. Clippers are defending the home court to even it up and Suns have a chance to END the series with a win here and running it back again at home.

These variables make us think "this game should go under". But the last two games have gone waaaaay, waaaaay under and barring larger public support on the over, I think we're hot to trot on this one. I also think the Suns win.

But as a pick em, it's likely that both teams will see roughly about the same amount of money, so Vegas doesn't really benefit significantly from a specific team winning/losing, so it's a good spot for us to chase a total.

As a boxing dad, any input on the Lomachenko fight tonight?  I have a free $50 bet at BOL and was leaning toward KO/TKO/DQ by Loma.  
That is probably the only way to bet it if you like loma.  Nakatina will have the height and reach advantage and is +800 or so, as a result I dont hate taking the dog, but i do think Loma figures him out and puts this away inside the distance.

HTH

That is probably the only way to bet it if you like loma.  Nakatina will have the height and reach advantage and is +800 or so, as a result I dont hate taking the dog, but i do think Loma figures him out and puts this away inside the distance.

HTH
I saw the weigh in and Nakatina is BIG.  You think Loma can put him down or make the ref stop it?

I saw the weigh in and Nakatina is BIG.  You think Loma can put him down or make the ref stop it?
Idk. I have not dug into this too deep to be honest.  As i said, if you take Loma the odds are insane so the way to bet it might just be by stoppage as you suggested or Nakatina. Loma has enough power to finisb it but that size is definitely an issue. 

I have not bet on this fight as I am not crazy about it either way. With a $50 freeplay, taking the favorite wins you $4. What odds you getting on win by stoppage?

Eta: I see by stoppage is -110 and not go the distance is -130. 

I would rather take my chances on a near even $ bet than play to win $4.

Idk. I have not dug into this too deep to be honest.  As i said, if you take Loma the odds are insane so the way to bet it might just be by stoppage as you suggested or Nakatina. Loma has enough power to finisb it but that size is definitely an issue. 

I have not bet on this fight as I am not crazy about it either way. With a $50 freeplay, taking the favorite wins you $4. What odds you getting on win by stoppage?
Yeah that's why I'm not betting Loma ml.

-120 by ko/tko.

+100 by decision.

Nakatani +650.

I could also bet Davis by ko/tko -170 or by decision at +255.

Yeah that's why I'm not betting Loma ml.

-120 by ko/tko.

+100 by decision.

Nakatani +650.

I could also bet Davis by ko/tko -170 or by decision at +255.
I know nothing about the davis fight.  Sorry Amigo

Added: NBA over 217.5 -105

Eta: Heck, in looking at it I would take Davis by ko. He has stopped all but 1 and his opponent take a big step up in competition from what I understand.  I gleaned that in 2 minutes of reading. Hope that helps and ill be rooting for whichever way you go!

What's the word on this NBA game? I'm not watching but the outcome they're selling seems pretty unrealistic. Seems like a rigged game. These NBA playoffs are pretty unbettable on the totals.

They're too busy setting up storylines. :lol:

I think I figured out the whole over / under fiasco. It's become apparent to me that Vegas is more concerned with spread outcomes than the total and will abandon a total in exchange for getting their desired outcome.

It's a market and logically, the majority of money will be on the spread. So in the interest of making money, Vegas "needs" to win on the spread.

The total ends up being a product of whatever means are required to get their desired result.

Decoding spreads in relation to public money is where my head should have been. The totals have lost correlation due to the volume of money  the spread.
Read this post again. NBA is playing games again. They abandoned the total in this game, in order to create the narrative that the Clippers "can't hang" with the Suns.

So facing Elimination in Game 5, all the money will load up on the Suns (at home) and then the Clippers cover. Pretty dumb and honestly I'm sick of the NBA playoffs in general. Every ####### game is rigged. The scores are lower than WNBA games and there's like 2 games to bet on a week.

I'd rather sit at a blackjack table than be robbed blind on Globbetrotter games.

Don't be a jagoff. There's one game to bet on. You lose and you're done for the night. I'm getting real sick of your ####. This isn't funny to me.

You don't comment on the wins and narrate the losses? Homie, I watch you lose your ### off and I don't call you out. Watch it. I'll make this a place you don't want to hang out at.

Love you Em.  I was crushing MLB.  Like, up 20 units-ish.  I WAS THE BEST MLB CAPPER ON THE PLANET.  Regression happened, and I went away.  Sigh.

Don't be a jagoff. There's one game to bet on. You lose and you're done for the night. I'm getting real sick of your ####. This isn't funny to me.

You don't comment on the wins and narrate the losses? Homie, I watch you lose your ### off and I don't call you out. Watch it. I'll make this a place you don't want to hang out at.
When I start losing, I stop posting.  Love you bud.

Users who are viewing this thread