What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (30 Viewers)

A guy looks to have stud potential who outperformed where you drafted him last year, so you trade him for a pick you hope does the same? Ugh
This seems to be a recurring theme. I’ll never understand it. It’s been 1 year.

I could see flipping for a massive profit, but flipping for a couple maybes seems misguided.

FFPC, one QB, not involved

Achane

For

I don't understand why people do stuff like this.
Pre-draft Achanes startup ADP was around 24, the 6th rookie around 60.
Nothing happened in the draft to alter this much.
A guy looks to have stud potential who outperformed where you drafted him last year, so you trade him for a pick you hope does the same? Ugh
The Dolphins drafted competition. I'd rather have 1.6. Pre- NFL draft Bestball ADP is irrelevant to a dynasty trade

EDIT: Just saw this was start 1QB, nevermind.
He wasn't talking pre draft bestball ADP

He was talking about FFPC dynasty startup predraft ADP

Achane

For

I don't understand why people do stuff like this
Please elaborate. I for sure got a side of this trade I like but some of that is league/team context but legit not sure what you mean.
Feels like someone got a good deal on Achane in last year’s draft, and threw him back for a roll of the dice at 1.06

I don’t understand it either.
I think Achane's value is on par with 1.6 mysef, that range is fine, a tad higher if you got immediate RB need, I might prefer who I can pick at 6 if not.

I do think Wright having a similar skillset is at least a little threat, his penchant for getting dinged up and a few other things which add up to making me worried he holds long term value but again that range is equitable to me. 5 tops in this format.

But I did not like the move for the team acquiring Achane, that is unless they got other moves up their sleeve which so far I've not seen enough to give me confidence. Quick backstory on league. Private league with FFPC rules, been in existence since 2015. Turnover has been minimal, but we had an exit this year and they left a turd behind and for the first time we had to find to cover for an owner and the 11 other owners had to pay for the team this year on the understanding it's that new owners responsiblity. Team has a few pieces but it's in bad shape and CMC is not putting it over the top or even in the playoffs. Just don't like this trade for that team, again unless they think they spin him off for more later but fwiw the guy who gave up Achane posted he was avilable all day for a mid to late first. I personally was hoping he new owner would be looking more long term with buidling the team, now I started getting worred about a one and done and the 11 of us eating another entry fee next year. Not just this move, but some other moves he's done in conjunction with this one. Someone in the league referreed him, I think we might have got the wrong man for the job of a rebuild.

Achane

For

Please elaborate. I for sure got a side of this trade I like but some of that is league/team context but legit not sure what you mean.
Feels like someone got a good deal on Achane in last year’s draft, and threw him back for a roll of the dice at 1.06

I think Achane's value is on par with 1.6 mysef, that range is fine, a tad higher if you got immediate RB need, I might prefer who I can pick at 6 if not.

I do think Wright having a similar skillset is at least a little threat, his penchant for getting dinged up and a few other things which add up to making me worried he holds long term value but again that range is equitable to me. 5 tops in this format.

But I did not like the move for the team acquiring Achane, that is unless they got other moves up their sleeve which so far I've not seen enough to give me confidence. Quick backstory on league. Private league with FFPC rules, been in existence since 2015. Turnover has been minimal, but we had an exit this year and they left a turd behind and for the first time we had to find to cover for an owner and the 11 other owners had to pay for the team this year on the understanding it's that new owners responsiblity. Team has a few pieces but it's in bad shape and CMC is not putting it over the top or even in the playoffs. Just don't like this trade for that team, again unless they think they spin him off for more later but fwiw the guy who gave up Achane posted he was avilable all day for a mid to late first. I personally was hoping he new owner would be looking more long term with buidling the team, now I started getting worred about a one and done and the 11 of us eating another entry fee next year. Not just this move, but some other moves he's done in conjunction with this one. Someone in the league referreed him, I think we might have got the wrong man for the job of a rebuild.
Yeah, that’s a tough situation.

Might have been better off parlaying that 1.06 into a later 1st and a 2025 pick or something of the cupboard is bare.

12 team SF PPR Dynasty Best Ball League

Gave: Addison and Curtis Samuel
Got: 1.3 pick

Thoughts?
If you’re not high on Addison, or are looking to get the #2 QB then it makes sense.

It’s not a bad price - seems fair. But I’d need context to know if it’s a good deal for you.

Thoughts?

In SF this is an easy one...getting Caleb, Daniels or MJH for this is a heist...I really don't like this deal at all for the guy getting Addison and Samiuel...Addison is a quality piece but with JJ there (and a rookie QB), there are questions of how high his ceiling is...Samuel is intriguing this year but absolutely not worthy of being the second piece in a deal involving the 1.3 and that should be very obvious...this is a very bad trade and a waste of a big time asset.

Thoughts?

In SF this is an easy one...getting Caleb, Daniels or MJH for this is a heist...I really don't like this deal at all for the guy getting Addison and Samiuel...Addison is a quality piece but with JJ there (and a rookie QB), there are questions of how high his ceiling is...Samuel is intriguing this year but absolutely not worthy of being the second piece in a deal involving the 1.3 and that should be very obvious...this is a very bad trade and a waste of a big time asset.
My issue is it’s the 1.03 and not the 1.02

Chances are good it won’t be Caleb or MH2, which gives me a little pause. So while it could happen, realistically it’s probably gonna be Daniels.

If QB is a huge need for the team getting the 1.03, and if convinced Daniels can be that guy, then I like it well enough.

Thoughts?

Chances are good it won’t be Caleb or MH2, which gives me a little pause. So while it could happen, realistically it’s probably gonna be Daniels.

If QB is a huge need for the team getting the 1.03, and if convinced Daniels can be that guy, then I like it well enough.

It is a 12 team SF which means a QB like Daniels has big time value...if you don't like Daniels someone else will (in a big way) and I can't picture them not paying significantly more than a deal that involves a soon-to-be 28-year-old Curtis Samuel who has far more value in real football then fantasy football as the second piece of the deal.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

It is a 12 team SF which means a QB like Daniels has big time value...if you don't like Daniels someone else will (in a big way) and I can't picture them not paying significantly more than a deal that involves a soon-to-be 2-year-old Curtis Samuel who has far more value in real football then fantasy football as the second piece of the deal.
Agreed, though a soon to be 2-year old Samuel would potentially be more valuable. You could raise him up and get the most out of his career. A little ethically questionable, but…
:lol:

Achane

For

If you personally value Achanes on par with pick 6 fine.
The market value is wildly off though

Thoughts?
If you’re not high on Addison, or are looking to get the #2 QB then it makes sense.

It’s not a bad price - seems fair. But I’d need context to know if it’s a good deal for you.
So in this league I already had the 1.2 and 1.5 picks. I'm almost positive the 1.1 is taking Caleb Williams. So I could either take both Nabers and Odunze at 1.2 and 1.3 and then take the best QB that falls to 1.5 or take MHjr and Daniels at 1.2 and 1.3 and then take whichever WR falls at 1.5.

Thoughts?

So in this league I already had the 1.2 and 1.5 picks. I'm almost positive the 1.1 is taking Caleb Williams. So I could either take both Nabers and Odunze at 1.2 and 1.3 and then take the best QB that falls to 1.5 or take MHjr and Daniels at 1.2 and 1.3 and then take whichever WR falls at 1.5.
In that context I love this trade for you.

Like I said, I like it regardless, but *especially* knowing you have 2-3.

Achane

For

I don’t know, values change after the draft and and I do know no one in this league was willing to pay more so it’s not just me. I’d rather have 5 rookies myself, at least, doubt that’s too unusual of a take but that’s a tier drop from 5 to 6 so can see 6 and some change being on par with his value.

Thoughts?

It is a 12 team SF which means a QB like Daniels has big time value...if you don't like Daniels someone else will (in a big way) and I can't picture them not paying significantly more than a deal that involves a soon-to-be 2-year-old Curtis Samuel who has far more value in real football then fantasy football as the second piece of the deal.
Agreed, though a soon to be 2-year old Samuel would potentially be more valuable. You could raise him up and get the most out of his career. A little ethically questionable, but…
:lol:

Most leagues give extra points for players under the age of 5.

Achane

For

I don’t know, values change after the draft and and I do know no one in this league was willing to pay more so it’s not just me. I’d rather have 5 rookies myself, at least, doubt that’s too unusual of a take but that’s a tier drop from 5 to 6 so can see 6 and some change being on par with his value.
Will be interesting to see where Achane goes in my current draft starting today compared to the 6th rookie.
I'm guessing Achane at least two full round ahead if not 3.
Pre NFL draft it was about 40 picks. I don't think things have changed a lot for Achanes or the 6th rookie

Achane

For

Will be interesting to see where Achane goes in my current draft starting today compared to the 6th rookie.
Pre NFL draft it was about 40 picks. I don't think things have changed a lot for Achanes or the 6th rookie
I do think some things have changed and like I said Achane would slot in as rookie 6 to me so it's not rookie 6 he needs to be beat, it's rookie 5. Which I expect he will on average, not in all.

But if you want to take the stance I'm just undervalue on Achane that's fine. Consensus value is just not how I manage my teams, set my rankings or make my moves. I'm not into value trading just to value trade. Not knocking it, just not the way I operate and if I'm in a draft right now I'm lining up and taking 5 rookies over Achane.

Achane

For

I do think some things have changed and like I said Achane would slot in as rookie 6 to me so it's not rookie 6 he needs to be beat, it's rookie 5. Which I expect he will on average, not in all.

But if you want to take the stance I'm just undervalue on Achane that's fine. Consensus value is just not how I manage my teams, set my rankings or make my moves. I'm not into value trading just to value trade. Not knocking it, just not the way I operate and if I'm in a draft right now I'm lining up and taking 5 rookies over Achane.
I know, but market value is market value.
Obviously league to league value differs, and of course personal value differs.

Thoughts?

Am I misreading this or are you saying that you'd pass on MHJ at 2 and 3 to take Nabers and Odunze, or did you mean to say that if he took MHJ you would take the two WRs?

Regardless, I think in SF, if he takes Williams, you take MHJ and Daniels at 2 and 3, then your BPA at 5. If he takes MHJ, you take Williams for sure at 2. Then it can get interesting as the call between Daniels and Nabers is tough. If you absolutely don't want to take the second shot at a potential elite QB, I'd consider trading the pick as well, even if it is just to drop to 4 if you think that owner wants a QB and wants to secure the one he wants.

Achane

For

In 24 FFPC 1 QB startup drafts, Achane's ADP is 3.05 (RB6), almost exactly the same as Odunze, who's the 1.04. Caleb Williams is the fifth rookie, at 4.07, and Brian Thomas is the sixth, at 5.08. Obviously, rookie drafts will differ now, with Worthy probably jumping up to 1.05 and Williams dropping down (because QBs tend to go lower in rookie drafts versus startup).

Personally, I'd value Achane at around the 1.03, factoring in the extra value that top RBs get in FFPC 1 QB leagues. Like Hot Sauce said, you roll the dice on Achane and he ends up being valued as a third-round startup pick the following season, so you toss him back and hope to get lucky again? Last year's rookie class currently has three startup first-rounders (Bijan, Gibbs, LaPorta), two startup second-rounders (Puka, Stroud) and three startup third-rounders (Kincaid, Achane, Richardson). By trading Achane for the 1.06, you're not only betting that this year's class will be just as strong, but that the guy you get at 1.06 will be one of those hits.

Achane

For

In 24 FFPC 1 QB startup drafts, Achane's ADP is 3.05 (RB6), almost exactly the same as Odunze, who's the 1.04. Caleb Williams is the fifth rookie, at 4.07, and Brian Thomas is the sixth, at 5.08. Obviously, rookie drafts will differ now, with Worthy probably jumping up to 1.05 and Williams dropping down (because QBs tend to go lower in rookie drafts versus startup).

Personally, I'd value Achane at around the 1.03, factoring in the extra value that top RBs get in FFPC 1 QB leagues. Like Hot Sauce said, you roll the dice on Achane and he ends up being valued as a third-round startup pick the following season, so you toss him back and hope to get lucky again? Last year's rookie class currently has three startup first-rounders (Bijan, Gibbs, LaPorta), two startup second-rounders (Puka, Stroud) and three startup third-rounders (Kincaid, Achane, Richardson). By trading Achane for the 1.06, you're not only betting that this year's class will be just as strong, but that the guy you get at 1.06 will be one of those hits.
I'm just not sold he's a viable long term answer, despite his youth he's someone I actually value higher in redraft then dynasty.

I will say again this guy in this league let it be known Achane was available, I think I said earlier for a mid to late round pick but that was not accurate, he said for an early to mid first round pick. It's a very active league, I have no doubt no one was willing to pay a top 5 pick for him. I put his value at 1.6 myself, less if you are rebuilding and don't want to get into value trading where you just acquire him in hopes you can flip him for more.

I would take Brooks over him and I fully expect Brooks to be player 5 in FFPC rookie drafts in ADP, not Worthy, figure Brooks is a lock for pick 5 in our league barring a trade out. I'd take Brooks over Achane. Like I alluded to earlier there is market value and there is my opinions and while I'm cognizant of value when making deals at the end of the day I'm going to take the player I prefer and I just think Brooks is a better prospect. I'm just not going to value someone higher because everyone else does.

So you and everyone else quoting me starting ADP info. Thanks. I know that info, that's not what's driving my thought process.

Achane

For

I'm just not sold he's a viable long term answer, despite his youth he's someone I actually value higher in redraft then dynasty.

I will say again this guy in this league let it be known Achane was available, I think I said earlier for a mid to late round pick but that was not accurate, he said for an early to mid first round pick. It's a very active league, I have no doubt no one was willing to pay a top 5 pick for him. I put his value at 1.6 myself, less if you are rebuilding and don't want to get into value trading where you just acquire him in hopes you can flip him for more.

I would take Brooks over him and I fully expect Brooks to be player 5 in FFPC rookie drafts in ADP, not Worthy, figure Brooks is a lock for pick 5 in our league barring a trade out. I'd take Brooks over Achane. Like I alluded to earlier there is market value and there is my opinions and while I'm cognizant of value when making deals at the end of the day I'm going to take the player I prefer and I just think Brooks is a better prospect. I'm just not going to value someone higher because everyone else does.

So you and everyone else quoting me starting ADP info. Thanks. I know that info, that's not what's driving my thought process.
I think Brooks is the better prospect as well. If I thought he would be at 1.6, I would trade Achane for 1.6 without a second thought. If I thought Brooks would go 1.5, I would still likely trade Achane for 1.6.

I just don't trust Achane to be healthy or get enough touches to provide consistent production, especially after Wright was drafted. For me Achane is a weekly boom/bust with significant injury risk. 'll pass on that in most cases and especially if I can replace with Brooks

12 team IDP PPR 1.5 TE 1 QB

Najee Harris
for
2025 1st round pick (Team trading away his own pick which is the 1.02 this year)

Najee value has been taking but it was a Steeler fan who acquired him

12 team IDP PPR 1.5 TE 1 QB

Najee Harris
for
2025 1st round pick (Team trading away his own pick which is the 1.02 this year)

Najee value has been taking but it was a Steeler fan who acquired him
There’s a reason he had the 1.02

Gimme the pick.

Diontae Johnson

For

London
Reasonable, if not a slight overpay for London. I think Dionte feasts in CAR as a huge target hog and the 1.09 could sus out to a guy like Brian Thomas Jr or Ladd McConkey. That said, if London is your guy, "GO GET YOUR GUY".
This inspired me to send a what the hell trade offer in an FFPC. I offered 1.8, McGlaughlin, Downs, Mims for London. Got the decline 2 min after I sent. Didn’t think I could get that lucky and get London that cheap, but figured what the hell

Diontae Johnson

For

London
Reasonable, if not a slight overpay for London. I think Dionte feasts in CAR as a huge target hog and the 1.09 could sus out to a guy like Brian Thomas Jr or Ladd McConkey. That said, if London is your guy, "GO GET YOUR GUY".
This inspired me to send a what the hell trade offer in an FFPC. I offered 1.8, McGlaughlin, Downs, Mims for London. Got the decline 2 min after I sent. Didn’t think I could get that lucky and get London that cheap, but figured what the hell
You would be better off making a good first offer. I tend to make more trades that way. Throwing baby poop against the wall to see if it sticks almost never works and just makes other owners not want to trade with you.

Diontae Johnson

For

London
You would be better off making a good first offer. I tend to make more trades that way. Throwing baby poop against the wall to see if it sticks almost never works and just makes other owners not want to trade with you.
100% agree with you. That is what I usually do.

I did what I did, due to the responses in here, AND I made the offer to one of those FFPC owners who farms out tons of crap offers every week in hopes one sucker will accept one.

Users who are viewing this thread