What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

12 team PPR with 1Q 2R 3W 1T 2F lineup
Gave Quentin Johnston and Pat Freiermuth
Received Christian Watson and a random 25 3rd (came from a team that earned 1.02 this year but... its a 3rd)

FFPC Triflex

Gave: Tee Higgins, 2.04
Got: Mike Evans, 1.09

Maybe a little rookie fever on my part but after watching the WR's at the combine, I'm starting to really like the 1.09 spot in SF. I think Evans will probably have two more years of out-producing Higgins as well.

12 team PPR with 1Q 2R 3W 1T 2F lineup
Gave Quentin Johnston and Pat Freiermuth
Received Christian Watson and a random 25 3rd (came from a team that earned 1.02 this year but... its a 3rd)

No problem either way…those are 3 players that there will be differing opinions on so depending on where you fall on them I can see why either side would do it.

Last edited:
FFPC Triflex

Gave: Tee Higgins, 2.04
Got: Mike Evans, 1.09

Maybe a little rookie fever on my part but after watching the WR's at the combine, I'm starting to really like the 1.09 spot in SF. I think Evans will probably have two more years of out-producing Higgins as well.

Title contending? May see the angle with Higgins injury, Just hate giving up on him and the 6 year age gap.

Moving up, Could an addtl 2nd rounder have cured the Rookie stretolococcus fever?

Who are you targeting at the 1.10? Looking for a QB, one of the 2nd tier WRs or the "1st tier" RBs?
I have 1.01, 1.03, 1.04, 1.10, 2.03, 2.04, 2.05 now. I already have some decent enough WR's. Lamb, G Wilson, JSN, and then QJ and Jameson as potentials, but my RB room is basically non-existent. Kendre Miller the only name worth anything. Have Mahomes so no interest in QB.

I figured it'd be terribly wasteful to take an RB with any of those first 3 picks I have. It'll be reaching far too much. But if I waited till 13 or 14 the top couple of RB's are likely already gone in this league, RB's are always valued a bit higher in standard. This gives me a shot at one of them at least. There's also potential to move up from 10 to maybe 7 or 8 without giving too much away as well.

So answer to your question is RB most likely. But I'm not locked into anything really.

Who are you targeting at the 1.10? Looking for a QB, one of the 2nd tier WRs or the "1st tier" RBs?
I have 1.01, 1.03, 1.04, 1.10, 2.03, 2.04, 2.05 now. I already have some decent enough WR's. Lamb, G Wilson, JSN, and then QJ and Jameson as potentials, but my RB room is basically non-existent. Kendre Miller the only name worth anything. Have Mahomes so no interest in QB.

I figured it'd be terribly wasteful to take an RB with any of those first 3 picks I have. It'll be reaching far too much. But if I waited till 13 or 14 the top couple of RB's are likely already gone in this league, RB's are always valued a bit higher in standard. This gives me a shot at one of them at least. There's also potential to move up from 10 to maybe 7 or 8 without giving too much away as well.

So answer to your question is RB most likely. But I'm not locked into anything really.
In standard, and assuming a fairly normal starting lineup requirement, and considering your WR depth, this may be a time to see if you can grab a good RB for either one of those picks or one of your existing WRs. Let another owner get rookie fever and give you a much better RB than you are likely to find in the draft.

If I were in your position, I’d look at leveraging those early picks (after 1.01 where you snap pick MH2, of course) to a team that does need a WR.

You can likely get several proven commodities that are / would be better than a somewhat sub-par rookie RB class from someone who’s got RB to spare but covets a WR or QB in this class. Packaging 1.03 & 1.10 should net you a borderline elite RB, for example. Could do the same with 1.04 & 2.03 potentially.

Just a thought.

In standard, and assuming a fairly normal starting lineup requirement, and considering your WR depth, this may be a time to see if you can grab a good RB for either one of those picks or one of your existing WRs. Let another owner get rookie fever and give you a much better RB than you are likely to find in the draft.
Ha! I posted before I saw your response. Great minds think alike. ;)

I've made a thread before about trying to trace the value you've given up in all the trades you've made, versus the assets you currently own ... and it's kind of unwieldy. But I thought maybe a good idea would be to sum up every trade you make in a one year span (from League Title Week one year to League Title Week the next year). Seems more feasible to see how you did if you limit it to one year. Also I think it's important when you gave up or acquired a fantasy-relevant player, since that determines how many weeks you got to actually use him. Let my try to sum up mine. (Of course anytime you have a particular player or pick on both the "gave" and "received" side, they cancel out, but if they were 2023-fantasy-relevant, the window that you temporarily acquired them or temporarily lost them, would be important.)

12-team, 20-man, PPR, Q RR WW F K D
Bold - Assets that I'd consider very significant
Small type - Assets that I would/will likely be dropping

Gave up:

Garrett Wilson (early November)
Joe Mixon (pre-2023, so I got zero utility from him)
Tyjae Spears (early November)

Roschon Johnson (early November)
2023 pick 2.10

Khalil Shakir
Elijah Moore
James Robinson
Hunter Renfrow
Kenny Pickett
Terrace Marshall

Received:

Jahmyr Gibbs (early November)
Jaxon Smith-Njigba (mid November)
Tee Higgins (early December)
2024 pick 2.04

2024 pick 2.08
Jahan Dotson
Bryce Young
2024 pick 3.08

Deuce Vaughn
Sean Tucker

Just a thought.

I'm just going to have to zig while others zag and have the best WR room in the league, scrap by with less than stellar options at Rb.
Like it. That's my plan as well in my 16 teamer but we only have to start 1 RB so that makes it a bit easier.

Contract league and we are in Restricted free agency right now. Bidding the bulk of my FA money on DJ Moore to add to my already outstanding WR room which seems to be surprising most league members. We can start 4 WRs so having an elite group of 6 to choose from weekly means I will probably never start more than 1 RB in any week. Looks good in theory anyway.

Like it. That's my plan as well in my 16 teamer but we only have to start 1 RB so that makes it a bit easier.
It's the only one that really makes sense to me right now.

RB's are just so volatile. Once my team is ready to win, and that could be as early as this upcoming season, then I can see myself filling out my RB room in season with vets acquired off non-competitive teams.

For my league, that is what makes sense. The best teams have the best RB's and they aren't going to give them up right now, especially to an up and coming roster like mine.

I made another trade.

10 team 1QB PPR (I now have the 1.01, 2.03, 2.04, 2.10 and 3.03 and 3.10)

Gave: Kupp and 2024 1.10

Received: 2024 3.10 and 2025 1st rd (1.01-1.03 guaranteed unless schedule God's hook him up. Worst roster in the league.)

I have Chase, Tyreek, Puka and Tank as my top 4 WR's right now with the 1.01 this year.

12 team DEVY / Dynasty PPR, this trade went down today.

Team A gave up Amon-Ra-St. Brown
Team B gave up Jordan Addison and Devonta Smith

ASB for me. Feels like a quarter for 2 dimes.
Agree but those dimes look more like nickels to me.

I like Addison and Smith well enough but just don’t see them as ever being “the man” in an offense, which St Brown already is.

I like Addison and Smith well enough but just don’t see them as ever being “the man” in an offense, which St Brown already is.
Yeah nickels sounds about right to me, this one ain't close.

I was the one getting ASB, I sent an initial offer and this was his counter. I sat on the offer for a good 12-15 hours before accepting. My initial thought was that both Addison and Smith were trapped behind top 5 talent and that wouldn't change for awhile. The problem was, I couldn't find a Dynasty Value Trade Chart that would agree with me. I probably looked at 10 of them, and all favored the Smith/Addison side by a decent margin. It wasn't close. The only site I could find that called the trade even was keep/trade/cut, and really, keep/trade/cut is probably the worst one out there. It opened my eyes to how bad these Trade Value Charts are, they are almost universally terrible.

I do prefer ASB, but Smith and Addison are both good, young WRs, with upside down the road if their situations change. I don't really expect ASB to put up better numbers in the future, in fact, he may drop down a little with LaPorta eating into his numbers. Smith could get back to his 2022 numbers and Addison could certainly improve some in his second year. I looked at it as (2) 15 cent pieces for a quarter. Maybe 2 dimes. Two Nickels is underselling Addison/Smith.

I was the one getting ASB, I sent an initial offer and this was his counter. I sat on the offer for a good 12-15 hours before accepting. My initial thought was that both Addison and Smith were trapped behind top 5 talent and that wouldn't change for awhile. The problem was, I couldn't find a Dynasty Value Trade Chart that would agree with me. I probably looked at 10 of them, and all favored the Smith/Addison side by a decent margin. It wasn't close. The only site I could find that called the trade even was keep/trade/cut, and really, keep/trade/cut is probably the worst one out there. It opened my eyes to how bad these Trade Value Charts are, they are almost universally terrible.

I do prefer ASB, but Smith and Addison are both good, young WRs, with upside down the road if their situations change. I don't really expect ASB to put up better numbers in the future, in fact, he may drop down a little with LaPorta eating into his numbers. Smith could get back to his 2022 numbers and Addison could certainly improve some in his second year. I looked at it as (2) 15 cent pieces for a quarter. Maybe 2 dimes. Two Nickels is underselling Addison/Smith.
Yet another reason to never use calculators

1QB, FFPC

I already have Hurts to hold down the fort but figured why not throw a deal out to an owner that looks like he’s trying to get picks in an attempted rebuild.

Gave: 1.07, 1.11, 2.09
Got: 1.01, Stroud

12 team PPR Superflex

Gave:
Johnathan Taylor
DeAndre Swift

Got:
Breece Hall

I'm not even sure what to think. I have CMC and Mixon, so I wanted to get a younger RB, but I am worried I gave up my depth.

Based on early ADP I've seen this is the 5th overall for a late 2nd and an early 3rd. Doesn't seem like enough in that case, but yes, the calculators are heavily in favor of the 2 over the 1. I don't own any of the 3 (despite trying hard to acquire Amon Ra last year), but I can tell you most Addison and Smith owners would be insulted at their guys being called "nickels." Addison in particular people on these boards were massively salivating over those first few games while Jefferson was injured this past year.

Man that’s tough. I love me some St. Brown, but Smith + Addison = more I think.

I’m not sure if I’d accept that in the league where I have ARSB, but I’d certainly think about it hard for a few days.

12 team PPR Superflex

Gave:
Johnathan Taylor
DeAndre Swift

Got:
Breece Hall

I'm not even sure what to think. I have CMC and Mixon, so I wanted to get a younger RB, but I am worried I gave up my depth.
I’d pay that for Hall - IMO he’s a top tier back. What he was able to achieve in that crap offense was amazing.

Taylor is really good, Swift is meh, Hall is greatness. I’d sacrifice depth for greatness & try to build depth around that later.

1QB, FFPC

I already have Hurts to hold down the fort but figured why not throw a deal out to an owner that looks like he’s trying to get picks in an attempted rebuild.

Dear lord. What did they think when the roofies wore off? Also, how much did you get for his kidney on eBay?

I’m not sure if I’d accept that in the league where I have ARSB, but I’d certainly think about it hard for a few days.
Right. This really works in larger starting lineup leagues. I'm in one flex-5 league where we start 10 (QB, RB, WR, TE, SF, Flex x5). A guy like ASRB is great and all, but you need those WR2/WR3 guys in those last flex spots to be consistently competitive.

1QB, FFPC

The key word here is "attempted"...there is absolutely no excuse for this trade...I am 100% on the side of every Owner should be able to make any trade they wants to but the other Owner is hurting the league you are in...this trade is an abomination.

12 team PPR Superflex

Gave:
Johnathan Taylor
DeAndre Swift

Got:
Breece Hall

If you want Hall you should to have to give up a lot/overpay and you definitely did not do that...Taylor is a high-quality piece but at this point Swift is just a quality throw-in...the other Owner should have been looking for more than Swift for that second piece...he lost a great opportunity to cash in on Hall.

1QB, FFPC

Farce.

Maybe this is a normal sort of trade for your league but if this was done in my main league I'd possibly stop playing in it.

1QB, FFPC

The key word here is "attempted"...there is absolutely no excuse for this trade...I am 100% on the side of every Owner should be able to make any trade they wants to but the other Owner is hurting the league you are in...this trade is an abomination.
I wouldn't veto this trade. I'd quit the league.

1QB, FFPC

The other Owner should have to stay after school and write a 5-page paper on why this deal makes sense.

1QB, FFPC

The other Owner should have to stay after school and write a 5-page paper on why this deal makes sense.
I remember in 7th grade I had the choice of 5 licks with the paddle or write 5 pages from the encyclopedia. I chose the 5 pages from the encyclopedia. Bad choice because the writing was so small it took forever. I should have taken the 5 licks from the paddle and been over with. Now teachers go to jail if they paddle someone. I'm not so sure it was a good idea to outlaw that.

1QB, FFPC

I remember in 7th grade I had the choice of 5 licks with the paddle or write 5 pages from the encyclopedia. I chose the 5 pages from the encyclopedia. Bad choice because the writing was so small it took forever. I should have taken the 5 licks from the paddle and been over with. Now teachers go to jail if they paddle someone. I'm not so sure it was a good idea to outlaw that.

5 pages from an Encyclopedia is some legit writing...poor Encyclopedias...a dominant force until the internet just beat the bag out of them.

Right. This really works in larger starting lineup leagues. I'm in one flex-5 league where we start 10 (QB, RB, WR, TE, SF, Flex x5). A guy like ASRB is great and all, but you need those WR2/WR3 guys in those last flex spots to be consistently competitive.
But a starting lineup with all WR2s and WR3 will be just good enough to maybe sneak into the playoffs and never be a real favorite. When I get the opportunity for a true difference maker, I’ll jump on it and figure out my last flex spots later.

Amon-Ra is a difference maker, especially in ppr.

what might tyreek hill be traded for, in a dynasty league ;;;other words what should he bring in a trade on the average and has any body in this forum traded or traded for him lately thanks in advance

12 team PPR Superflex

Gave:
Johnathan Taylor
DeAndre Swift

Got:
Breece Hall

Swift IMO has a good chance sign somewhere and give a solid year or two as a mid RB2, Taylor in theory should be able to turn things around but he's still not as valuable in redraft as Hall is right now in large part because he's not as involved as a pass catcher but most especially for me it's the 2+ year age gap and almost 800 more carries that Taylor has over Hall that make this a nice win for you.

Users who are viewing this thread