What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

I'm edging closer and closer to saying that id do as much for the #3 pick as I would for the #1 pick this year. the top 3 WRs (harrison, nabers, odunze) are all arguable #1s in any given year, they just all happen to be in the same draft.

it's absolute gold, and the only possible thing that might differentiate them for me will be landing spot.

i have the #3 pick and #1 is fishing for offers. i have absolutely zero interest in offering anything. harrison has the name, so he'll fetch a ton, im sure. im just not into giving anything to get ihm when I know Im getting a stud who could be as good/better, as is.

point - if you have #1, try (not yet, but eventually) to sell to move down 1-2 spots.... the caveat to that, is this... come combine, draft etc... you might get a lot less than you can now.

FFPC Triflex (superflex, TE premium, start 3 WRs)

I wasn't involved.

Team A gave: Patrick Mahomes, 2025 R2

Team B gave: Joe Burrow, 1.09

The team that gave up Mahomes is league champ. The team that gave up Burrow finished last and still has the 1.03, 1.04 and 1.07. (He did not have the 1.01 because FFPC dynasty leagues have a year-end tournament where non-playoff teams compete for the 1.01.)

I wasn't involved.

The team that gave up Mahomes is league champ. The team that gave up Burrow finished last and still has the 1.03, 1.04 and 1.07. (He did not have the 1.01 because FFPC dynasty leagues have a year-end tournament where non-playoff teams compete for the 1.01.)
I own Mahomes and would seriously consider this offer. I own Burrow but name of Herbert in and still seriously cinsider. I think fair trade

I wasn't involved.

Big trade but nothing too crazy...the 1.9 isn't a bad addition in this format as they will be able to add a quality rookie...I do think Mahomes is going to have a very big bounce-back year in 2024...kind of reminds me of Brady in 2006 where the Pats short-changed him with weapons, realized it then added Moss, Welker and Stallworth and he proceeded to absolutely go off...I will take the easy way out here and say this is pretty much a push.

FFPC 1QB Best ball

Gave: R. Stevenson
Got: Montgomery, Dotson, 2.10

I think I like Monty more than Stevenson straight up, especially since I already have Gibbs and this is best ball. There's not much age difference between Monty and Stevenson. I could regret it depending on who NE hires as their new head coach but I'm happy getting an additional 2nd this year. Dotson may or may not make my team depending on what other trades I make.

FFPC 1QB Best ball

I think I like Monty more than Stevenson straight up,
Disagree here. Monty will play 2nd fiddle to Gibbs next year while Stevenson should be the main man in NE. Granted Detroit is a far superior offense, but volume and passing game action that Stevenson gets will more than make up for that IMO. Plus, if they actually move on from BB, that will be a positive for the offense more than likely. Love Stevensons talent and hope he gets to play in a good offense at some point, if not 2024, then in 2025 when he will be a FA.

FFPC 1QB Best ball

Disagree here. Monty will play 2nd fiddle to Gibbs next year while Stevenson should be the main man in NE. Granted Detroit is a far superior offense, but volume and passing game action that Stevenson gets will more than make up for that IMO. Plus, if they actually move on from BB, that will be a positive for the offense more than likely. Love Stevensons talent and hope he gets to play in a good offense at some point, if not 2024, then in 2025 when he will be a FA.
Can I not like any of them?

FFPC 1QB Best ball

Can I not like any of them?
Sure. No rule against that to my knowledge :popcorn:

I own Mahomes and would seriously consider this offer.

I roster Mahomes and I can say I would not do this. Mahomes was frustrating to roster this year. No doubt. All you're getting is the 1.09 for a round two pick? No. Mahomes was universal QB1 (he shouldn't have been, but he was) according to almost every calc or ranking service one looked at before the year. Now, he's got a serious dent, but that's no reason to put him back on the shelf.

IMO, KC is going to load up at WR and give him new toys to work with. There's no more Kelce-in-his-prime, but they'll draft or sign at least two guys that will make a huge difference.

Burrow looks—to me—to be susceptible to injury, and his line isn't anywhere near Mahomes's line (aside from the right tackle).

I own Mahomes and would seriously consider this offer.

I roster Mahomes and I can say I would not do this. Mahomes was frustrating to roster this year. No doubt. All you're getting is the 1.09 for a round two pick? No. Mahomes was universal QB1 (he shouldn't have been, but he was) according to almost every calc or ranking service one looked at before the year. Now, he's got a serious dent, but that's no reason to put him back on the shelf.

IMO, KC is going to load up at WR and give him new toys to work with. There's no more Kelce-in-his-prime, but they'll draft or sign at least two guys that will make a huge difference.

Burrow looks—to me—to be susceptible to injury, and his line isn't anywhere near Mahomes's line (aside from the right tackle).
I don't own either, but I'm with you on this. Mahomes' WR group had a massive number of drops this season. I think they get aggressive in the FA market for a WR1 to pair with Rice and Mahomes will be back to normal. Truth is, they need to capitalize on his prime age window over the next 3-4 years for another SB run or two. Contrast that to Burrow, who was just 'off' all year with one of the best WR duos in the league. Add to that a right wrist ligament injury and the margin for error on Burrow is narrowing. I have cut bait with him in most of my leagues and will not pursue him even at a discount.

12-team, 20-man, Q R R W W F K D (no TE slot)
PPR, 6pt all TD, 1pt/50pyd, 0.1/rush or rec yd
5pt bonus at 300/150/150yds

Team A received:
Trevor Lawrence
Najee Harris

Team B received:
Justin Fields
JK Dobbins

FFPC one QB

Stroud
For
Jahan Dotson, 2.02, 2.05
Things sure have changed a lot in FFPC one start QB leagues, used to be a struggle to just get like the 2.2 for someone like Stroud.

That being said I think I'd rather have Dotson and the picks.

Last year, Stroud and Young were mid- to late-2nd picks in FFPC rookie drafts. When Burrow was the obvious rookie QB1, you could get him in the mid-2nd or later. I get that Stroud has proven he can play, but I'd rather just hold the 2.02 and 2.05, wait for the rookie hype and make a cheaper deal for Stroud then. (I understand he might not be available anymore, but overpaying for a QB in 1 QB FFPC leagues has never seemed like a winning strategy to me.)

FFPC one QB

Stroud
For
Jahan Dotson, 2.02, 2.05
Things sure have changed a lot in FFPC one start QB leagues, used to be a struggle to just get like the 2.2 for someone like Stroud.

Last year, Stroud and Young were mid- to late-2nd picks in FFPC rookie drafts. When Burrow was the obvious rookie QB1, you could get him in the mid-2nd or later. I get that Stroud has proven he can play, but I'd rather just hold the 2.02 and 2.05, wait for the rookie hype and make a cheaper deal for Stroud then. (I understand he might not be available anymore, but overpaying for a QB in 1 QB FFPC leagues has never seemed like a winning strategy to me.)
Is that really overpaying though?

FFPC one QB

Stroud
For
Jahan Dotson, 2.02, 2.05

We are on the verge of rookie hype season. I get that early second-round picks in 1 QB are still pretty iffy, but, in January, there is far more upside in holding on to them. Stroud looks great, but his PPG wasn't other-worldly (at least not yet -- I realize there's room to grow). So, yeah, it's an overpay in the sense that the pick value wasn't maximized, and the picks were traded for a position that I don't really prioritize.

FFPC one QB

Stroud
For
Jahan Dotson, 2.02, 2.05

We are on the verge of rookie hype season. I get that early second-round picks in 1 QB are still pretty iffy, but, in January, there is far more upside in holding on to them. Stroud looks great, but his PPG wasn't other-worldly (at least not yet -- I realize there's room to grow). So, yeah, it's an overpay in the sense that the pick value wasn't maximized, and the picks were traded for a position that I don't really prioritize.
I don't really want to get into the overpay argument because I realize it's different paying for them after they did something to gain value as opposed to drafting them or picking them up off waivers before they popped.

I just know I'd not pay that for Stroud because I've been able to acquire to many QB's whose value is or was higher then Strouds for way less then 50% of what he cost in this trade as well as a few others whose value is not that far off for almost nothing. I just have a lot of confidence I can obtain a QB without paying much and they can difficult to trade for equitable value when you get a surplus.

Feel that way in a normal year, especially this year when we have a fairly strong looking rookie QB class with a lot of athletic QB's which does not even mean you need to draft one of them, I just think they offer enough upside to create a big influx at the position and leave a lot more QB sellers then buyers.

FFPC one QB

Stroud
For
Jahan Dotson, 2.02, 2.05

I don't really want to get into the overpay argument because I realize it's different paying for them after they did something to gain value as opposed to drafting them or picking them up off waivers before they popped.

I just know I'd not pay that for Stroud because I've been able to acquire to many QB's whose value is or was higher then Strouds for way less then 50% of what he cost in this trade as well as a few others whose value is not that far off for almost nothing. I just have a lot of confidence I can obtain a QB without paying much and they can difficult to trade for equitable value when you get a surplus.

Feel that way in a normal year, especially this year when we have a fairly strong looking rookie QB class with a lot of athletic QB's which does not even mean you need to draft one of them, I just think they offer enough upside to create a big influx at the position and leave a lot more QB sellers then buyers.
True, but I'm thinking it is probably better to have Stroud over one of the rookie QB(if any of the top guys even make it to pick 14) and pay pick 17 to do it.
Assuming you need a QB, which the team getting Stroud did.
Dotson is a wildcard. Could still be pretty good

Team A received:
Trevor Lawrence
Najee Harris

Team B received:
Justin Fields
JK Dobbins
Feels like a fair deal, but due to the format, I’ll take TLaw & Najee.

I don’t trust Baltimore RBs, and while I’m higher on fields than most, I feel like TLaw had a down year & will be hitting that 300 yard mark more than JF, which offsets Fields rushing a bit. Plus the ambiguity of Fields at the moment.

FFPC 1QB Best ball

I think I like Monty more than Stevenson straight up, especially since I already have Gibbs and this is best ball. There's not much age difference between Monty and Stevenson. I could regret it depending on who NE hires as their new head coach but I'm happy getting an additional 2nd this year. Dotson may or may not make my team depending on what other trades I make.
Seems pretty even.

FFPC 1QB Best ball

All day, nice trade.

I'd take Burrow for Mahomes, straight up.

But that's just me.
What if Pittman signs with KC?

And what if Bowers is drafted by CIN?

I just think Kelce might walk from the game... And even if he doesn't he's nowhere close ot the same player. He was just too important for too long. I don't know how Mahomes looks without him. He'll most likely always be a superstar QB in real and fantasy... But I don't think Burrow is that far below, and his weapons are just better. I'd roll with that.

Team A received:
Amari Cooper

Team B received:
Zack Moss

Hypothetical trade here. This is standard, 14 team, start 9 single QB.

I have 1-3-4-13-14-18-19 and some late 5th rounders in the upcoming draft.
I want to turn 3 or 4 into 2. The guy at 2 has 2-7-16-23 and several 3rds.

What do we feel is value for this deal. We are both rebuilding, he is in a worse spot than I am roster wise. I don't really want to shed any players, I've stripped away my roster to pretty much dart throws and foundational pieces so it'd really be a pick only deal.

I want Nabers, basically. And I can't see a world where he doesn't go 1.02.

What do we feel is value for this deal. We are both rebuilding, he is in a worse spot than I am roster wise. I don't really want to shed any players, I've stripped away my roster to pretty much dart throws and foundational pieces so it'd really be a pick only deal.

The tier between MHJ and Nabers/Odunze is clear. I'm not sure there's a clear tier between Nabers and Odunze. I'd be perfectly happy with MHJ and either of the two, but that's just me.

Team A received:
Amari Cooper

Team B received:
Zack Moss
Guess the idea is Moss is going to get a starters job in FA. I’m not taking that bet, Amari still has a few good years.
I don't think ANY WR hitting 30 has a "few" good years in them, unless it's a super talent guy which Amari is not.
That said I'll take cooper

Team A received:
Amari Cooper

Team B received:
Zack Moss
Guess the idea is Moss is going to get a starters job in FA. I’m not taking that bet, Amari still has a few good years.
I don't think ANY WR hitting 30 has a "few" good years in them, unless it's a super talent guy which Amari is not.
That said I'll take cooper
Few is as low as 2 which covers for his age 30 and 31 season. I stand on what I said.

Team A received:
Amari Cooper

Team B received:
Zack Moss

This trade doesn't make sense to me...Cooper will be 30 in June so I can see looking to move him but right now he is playing as well as he ever has so it should not be a fire sale...targeting Moss makes absolutely no sense to me especially if you don't know where he will be playing next year...Moss is a solid RB but under no condition can I see a team targeting him to be a legit bell-cow #1 RB...that is such a reach...best case is he ends up as a definitive piece of a RBBC but he could also end up back in Indy as the primary backup to Taylor...really not understanding this move at all...if you really want Moss you shouldn't have to give up this much.

FFPC one QB

Stroud
For
Jahan Dotson, 2.02, 2.05

I’ll take the picks and Dotson. Stroud averaged 22.5 PPG.
There were 13 QB’s who averaged between 20-23 PPG this year.
Theres just not enough of a difference between Stroud and a ton of other guys to give up decent picks.

Superflex would be a completely different story.

The tier between MHJ and Nabers/Odunze is clear. I'm not sure there's a clear tier between Nabers and Odunze. I'd be perfectly happy with MHJ and either of the two, but that's just me.
We’ll see landing spots but agree right now it seems like 2/3 are of relative perceived value. OP should have no problem kicking in one of those 2nds to move from 3 to 2 if he has more interest in Nabers. Maybe even 3/4 for 2/7 if he values less the difference between 4 and 7 than he does 2vs3.

Zealots Field PPR (53 man rosters, full IDP)

On 10/24/23

Gave - 2024 1st round rookie pick (I was at the top of the standings at the time)

Got - Javonte Williams, Tee Higgins and Fred Warner

Ended up winning the championship. Did not get a ton from Williams and Higgins but feel good about them going forward. Warner is, and was this past season, a stud.

Zealots Field PPR (53 man rosters, full IDP)

On 10/24/23

Gave - 2024 1st round rookie pick (I was at the top of the standings at the time)

Got - Javonte Williams, Tee Higgins and Fred Warner

Ended up winning the championship. Did not get a ton from Williams and Higgins but feel good about them going forward. Warner is, and was this past season, a stud.
How does a late first get that in return?

FFPC, 1 QB

Trying to cut fat off my roster before cut downs

Got: Barkley
Gave: Elijah Moore, Josh Palmer, AT Perry, 2.11, 3rd, 4th

These three were not making my roster at cut downs

Huh? What exactly is the other guy trying to accomplish (isn't FFPC small rosters as well?)...Barkley was frustrating this year, but he is still a quality RB that should have a few more good to very good years left and if he ends up in a plum situation, he could really light it up...Moore is what he is which is nothing special...I actually like Palmer more then most on this board but he's most likely just a depth piece...Perry has some intrigue but only in deeper leagues...the fact the #2 is only 2.11 means the picks don't even move the needle...this deal makes absolutely no sense...it's like a deal from 1995 with a first-year player who has no understanding of fantasy football.

FFPC 1 QB

Gave: Jayden Reed, 2025 1st (late), 2025 4th (late)

Got: 2025 1st (early) and this opens a roster spot to keep Kareem Hunt

This is one of the OG leagues, so it’s been around a long time and the disparity between teams is massive. The other team is a huge long shot to make the playoffs and I’m one of the couple heavyweights.

Reed was buried behind Jefferson, Lamb, Chase, G Wilson, and Rice (also have Bijan, Aaron Jones, Hock, 1.04) so trying to use him to consolidate into another elite piece next year.

FFPC 1 QB

Gave: Jayden Reed, 2025 1st (late), 2025 4th (late)

Got: 2025 1st (early) and this opens a roster spot to keep Kareem Hunt

This is one of the OG leagues, so it’s been around a long time and the disparity between teams is massive. The other team is a huge long shot to make the playoffs and I’m one of the couple heavyweights.

Reed was buried behind Jefferson, Lamb, Chase, G Wilson, and Rice (also have Bijan, Aaron Jones, Hock, 1.04) so trying to use him to consolidate into another elite piece next year.
Nice WR corps. Love the move, as long as no crazy "stars aligned perfect storm" scenario happens where the trash team ends up outside of the top 3 or 4.

Users who are viewing this thread