What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

But it’s still Stevenson. He’s not only younger but IMO will pretty easily outscore Cooper.
Not to beat this one to death and I already referenced the age thing for the bolded I'm more in the camp of having a very slight lean to Stevenson over the next 2-3 years. Like if there the bet was I had to lay 120 to win 100 on Stevenson I'd just not bet. Cooper was really good last year, they were both very close and a lot of reason to think Watson for a full season will help.

ETA-forgot to say I think there are valid reasons to anticipate Stevenson improving as well next season. Again I'm taking him, just trying to point out why I can see both sides.
All good - it’s an interesting discussion.

Cooper may also trend downward - more mouths to feed in CLE, age both factors.

Plus I just like Stevenson more, which is worth zero FF points but probably influenced my take here.

10 teamer - Amari Cooper straight up for Rham. Stevenson.

1 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex, half ppr

Am I missing something?
Thought I was. But no. Dude must think that Watsons return will take Cooper back to a WR1.
Cooper was top 10 last year, just sayin

That said, yeah, stevenson

I get it and Meno does bring up an excellent point about the format which I overlooked (i.e. I did miss something) when I first saw this deal...that being said this is Dynasty and Cooper will be 29 in June and I would like something a decent amount younger if I am dealing a potential top 10 RB...especially since the Pats have lost more (Harris) at RB this offseason than they have gained (Robinson).

Same 10 team league, things are starting to heat up post nfl draft.

1.10 pick this year for 2024 first and third - from the team who last year was a bottom 3 team and by the looks of it didn’t improve too much. This would be his 4th first round pick in this years draft.

1: Bijan
2: ARich
3-6: Bryce, stroud, Gibbs, JSN (in some order)
7-8: QJ and Addison
Ok fair enough.
However, this is why I don't get married to certain players.
I am fairly confident you can do better with the picks you gave up even if these are the 8 guys drafted.
Fair enough. That’s how trades get done haha. I’m happy with it.

Completed a 3 way trade today!
12 team SF 0.5 PPR

Team A got: Tua
Team B got: ‘24 1st, Heinicke
Team C got: 1.08 (Addison), Tannehill
Just curious, does your league have a mechanism for 3-way trades? Or do the three of you just have to discuss things, work it out, and handshake on doing the multiple trades?

Completed a 3 way trade today!
12 team SF 0.5 PPR

Team A got: Tua
Team B got: ‘24 1st, Heinicke
Team C got: 1.08 (Addison), Tannehill
Just curious, does your league have a mechanism for 3-way trades? Or do the three of you just have to discuss things, work it out, and handshake on doing the multiple trades?
You can do 3 way trade offers on sleeper.

12 Team 1 QB PPR

Gave 1.1
Received Jonathan Taylor and 1.6
Sorry but my opinion is you should have hung onto the 1.1.
Same.
How does that trade look in SF? Been chatting up the Taylor owner and might have a similar deal available...
Much better depending on how 1-5 go.

You could be looking at JT+Gibbs or JSN in SF

Of course, I expect JT to lose some value with Anthony Richardson behind center. But this is a significantly better trade in super flex, no doubt.

I’m still probably team Bijan Robinson though

12 Team 1 QB PPR

Gave 1.1
Received Jonathan Taylor and 1.6
Sorry but my opinion is you should have hung onto the 1.1.
Same.
How does that trade look in SF? Been chatting up the Taylor owner and might have a similar deal available...

Bijan, not close for me.

No required TE spot. PPR. Saw this. One QB.

Give 1.09

Get Pitts
I'll take Pitts' upside all day over the likes of Addison or Flowers

Agree but you’re not getting Addison or Flowers at 1.09 in 1 QB which just makes it and even bigger gulf.

agree with you that I would take the 1.12/24 1st here in this trade but I think I'd take 1.05/2.02 for 1.08/1.10. I don't see much difference between the 1.10-2.02 but having one of the 1st round WRs is a big upgrade to what your options are at 1.08.

I feel like 1.05/1.06 is the end of a tier. The 1.08 and 1.10 are part of the same tier, then another drop. So the way I see it is I can have one from Tier A and one from Tier C, or two from Tier B (with the chance that a guy from A drops to me at the 1.08). With how crazy FFPC guys are about RBs, Achane and maybe even Charbonnet (or even Anthony Richardson) could push one of those WRs down. I feel like there'll be a ton of variance in the 1.04-1.07 range.

Anyway, I never rejected that trade so it's still out there.
I could see that. If someone drops then it could be worth it. Just couldn't imagine Achane or Charbs going over them now. Every league is different though.

Oh boy, just got a fairly big one accepted on the first offer

FFPC 1 QB

Gave: Amon-Ra St. Brown, 2024 1st (not mine, projecting between 1.01-1.10)

Got: Garrett Wilson, Calvin Ridley

I was quietly trying to move St. Brown. I’m a big fan but he needs so much volume to stay at current value and with Gibbs, Jameson, and LaPorta arriving just seemed like there’s nowhere to go but down. Still think he has a really good year but wanted to cash out if I could get a different young, top tier WR.

The 1st is the one I got back in the Hurts deal I posted from the weekend. It’s from a fading contender that I have about 50/50 to make the playoffs, type of team that could win the 1.01 consolation bracket.

Didn’t have any shares of Wilson so really love snagging him. Tried for Lamb and DaVonte but didn’t seem to be going anywhere in those talks. I’m pretty optimistic on Ridley, think he bolsters my roster a lot, but this mostly about pivoting from Sun God to Wilson.

How’d I do?

ETA- on net the two deals:

Gave: St. Brown, Aaron Jones, 1.08, 2024 1st (lock top 4)

Got: Wilson, Hurts, Ridley, Penny, 1.10

FFPC 1 QB

I was quietly trying to move St. Brown. I’m a big fan but he needs so much volume to stay at current value and with Gibbs, Jameson, and LaPorta arriving just seemed like there’s nowhere to go but down. Still think he has a really good year but wanted to cash out if I could get a different young, top tier WR.

The 1st is the one I got back in the Hurts deal I posted from the weekend. It’s from a fading contender that Onhave about 50/50 to make the playoffs, type of team that could win the 1.01 consolation bracket.

Didn’t have any shares of Wilson so really love snagging him. Tried for Lamb and DaVonte but didn’t seem to be going anywhere in those talks. I’m pretty optimistic on Ridley, think he bolsters my roster a lot, but this mostly about pivoting from Sun God to Wilson.

How’d I do?
It’s fair. I’m on the ARSB+1st side

I like Wilson. I don’t like him enough to turn a 2024 1st into Ridley.

But I have no idea what to expect from Ridley. This could work out great - I’m not against making this deal, it’s just one I’d have a tough time pulling the trigger on.

I love ARSB & don’t see much of a drop-off coming for him, if any.

I’m sure others will prefer the Wilson/Ridley side.

FFPC 1 QB

The 1st is the one I got back in the Hurts deal I posted from the weekend. It’s from a fading contender that Onhave about 50/50 to make the playoffs, type of team that could win the 1.01 consolation bracket.

How’d I do?

But I have no idea what to expect from Ridley. This could work out great - I’m not against making this deal, it’s just one I’d have a tough time pulling the trigger on.

Totally fair analysis. Would it change your opinion at all if I said all I care about is turning my 3 peat into a 4 or 5 peat while I have Kelce? Leaves me with:

Hurts, Goff
Ekeler, Penny, Elliott, Foreman, 1.10, 2.01
Jefferson, Wilson, Keenan, McLaurin, Ridley
Kelce

Just throwing bodies at RB2

12 TM PPR - QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Flex(WR,RB,TE)

Gave: 1.07, 2.12
Got: 2024 1st & 2nd

The 2024 picks should be top 6, likely earlier, but nothing is guaranteed. I need RB help, more for the future than now, so pushing the pick down the road for another opportunity.

The 2024 picks should be top 6, likely earlier, but nothing is guaranteed. I need RB help, more for the future than now, so pushing the pick down the road for another opportunity.

I like it. Think you can get useful RBs at 1.07 and 2.12, but maybe better ones next year. I’ll take the chance at the bigger payoff.

Would it change your opinion at all if I said all I care about is turning my 3 peat into a 4 or 5 peat while I have Kelce?
Definitely tips it more towards your side, as Ridley will contribute significantly more to your 2023 roster than that 2024 pick. lol
I think Amon Ra and the first of used differently would give you a better chance at winning. That 1st can be used to snag pretty nice commodity from a struggling team after 4-5 weeks. I don’t think Ridley is a difference maker at all going forward in this format and might even consider him a roster clogger…

Would it change your opinion at all if I said all I care about is turning my 3 peat into a 4 or 5 peat while I have Kelce?
Definitely tips it more towards your side, as Ridley will contribute significantly more to your 2023 roster than that 2024 pick. lol
I think Amon Ra and the first of used differently would give you a better chance at winning. That 1st can be used to snag pretty nice commodity from a struggling team after 4-5 weeks. I don’t think Ridley is a difference maker at all going forward in this format and might even consider him a roster clogger…
I was very, very close to posting almost exactly that. That, at some point during the year, a team that’s trending badly might give up more than Ridley for that first round pick.

But on its face, I don’t mind the deal. I think Ridley will be better than you expect, but of course, time will tell.

FFPC 1 QB

How’d I do?

Totally fair analysis. Would it change your opinion at all if I said all I care about is turning my 3 peat into a 4 or 5 peat while I have Kelce? Leaves me with:

Hurts, Goff
Ekeler, Penny, Elliott, Foreman, 1.10, 2.01
Jefferson, Wilson, Keenan, McLaurin, Ridley
Kelce

Just throwing bodies at RB2
Wouldn't change mine, don't hate it if you love Ridley, but I don't and as others have said u probably get more than ridley for the 1st down the stretch. GL on the 3 peat!

Fair enough and definitely something I considered. Bottom line I just have this feeling of cashing out on Amon and love, love Wilson. Like he might be on JJ/Chase tier after this season. And I think Ridley was a 250 point season well within his reach which would probably be a WR1 finish. We shall see. I’m happy with it though.

Like he might be on JJ/Chase tier after this season

I don't know what to say about this. As a Jets fan, I watched him an awful lot last year. He seems to take some really big hits and his helmet goes flying off, etc. It's really weird. He's the best rookie they've had in a while, but it looks like he plays out of control while guys like Jefferson and Chase always look totally in control. Just a thought on tempering expectations a bit. I think the world of him, but he's not JJ yet.

I don't hate the deal for you, by the way. Should be interesting.

I'll probably get flamed for this one

12 teams, Superflex. TE-prem, bestball

Gave: Barkley, Arog

Got: Tua, Marquise Brown
----------------------
I've got Barley and Tua close in value and am loaded at RB (CMC, Stevenson, Henry, Kamara, Cook). Not a win or lose in my eyes. I wanted off the Arog train and needed to get younger.

Like he might be on JJ/Chase tier after this season

I don't know what to say about this. As a Jets fan, I watched him an awful lot last year. He seems to take some really big hits and his helmet goes flying off, etc. It's really weird. He's the best rookie they've had in a while, but it looks like he plays out of control while guys like Jefferson and Chase always look totally in control. Just a thought on tempering expectations a bit. I think the world of him, but he's not JJ yet.

I don't hate the deal for you, by the way. Should be interesting.

Yeah I don’t actually expect anyone to ascend to the god tier but, if anyone can, it’s Wilson in my eyes. If he goes 100/1400/10, after the rookie season he just had, he’s everyone’s WR3 at worst.

Interesting note about the contact. I do recall some weird hits now that you mention it.

Interesting note about the contact. I do recall some weird hits now that you mention it.

Not anything scientific or data-driven, but an anecdotal observation about play speed and how maybe he was playing a little bit too fast and loose his rookie year. He'll hopefully learn to not put himself in unnecessarily compromising situations. And he needs a better-fitting helmet.

I'll probably get flamed for this one

12 teams, Superflex. TE-prem, bestball

Gave: Barkley, Arog

Got: Tua, Marquise Brown
----------------------
I've got Barley and Tua close in value and am loaded at RB (CMC, Stevenson, Henry, Kamara, Cook). Not a win or lose in my eyes. I wanted off the Arog train and needed to get younger.
I'm with you. I think Tua is criminally undervalued right now for the concussion scare and I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Hollywood Brown is 25. Seems like he's been in the league longer. I've always heard to sell your RBs after a big year and that would fit the mold for Saquon, who's 26 and has had major knee reconstruction and chronic ankle injuries.

12 team PPR SF TE+

Gave:1.10, 2.02, 2.03
Got: 1.08, 2.07

Wanted to get ahead of that 1.09 cliff
There's a 1.09 cliff?
Give me 10,14,15 by a lot

Ha, didn't even send before I realized superflex.

Even still, theres a cliff at 1.09????
I think so. After Bijan and Gibbs, the 3 QBS, and JSN, QJ and Addison, I see a small drop to Flowers, then a drop to like 10 guys I feel pretty similar about. Just my opinion obviously, but I'd rather have Addison and one guy out of that group than 3 guys out of that group.
You should realize that everyones top 8 is going to be different this year.
Factor that in to maximize your draft.
I think the guy you want at 8 is possibly there at 10
I’ve had 5 rookie drafts start so far and all have the same top 8 FWIW.
I've seen two FFPC rookie drafts so far and the only variance in the two on the first 8 picks has been pick 7. One league had Achane at 7, the other Charbs, Picks 1-6 and 8 were mirrors.

FFPC 1 QB

The 1st is the one I got back in the Hurts deal I posted from the weekend. It’s from a fading contender that I have about 50/50 to make the playoffs, type of team that could win the 1.01 consolation bracket.

How’d I do?

ETA- on net the two deals:

Gave: St. Brown, Aaron Jones, 1.08, 2024 1st (lock top 4)

Got: Wilson, Hurts, Ridley, Penny, 1.10
I think you did pretty good overall in the 2 trades but sucks that is a lock top 4 pick. With this pick I'd say it probably depends on where that 24 1st ends up. If that ends up being Marvin Harrison Jr. then I think you lost this trade. I do like Wilson (who could very well have a better year than ASB) and Ridley. Seems fair to me but depends on how I felt about where that pick ended if I would have done this deal or not.

I like this a lot. As long as they are earlier. Most years you should be able to get another pick to move back a year in both rounds but after this draft, I think this was a good move and I'd be looking to do the same if I didn't have a top 3-5 pick.

Fair enough and definitely something I considered. Bottom line I just have this feeling of cashing out on Amon and love, love Wilson. Like he might be on JJ/Chase tier after this season. And I think Ridley was a 250 point season well within his reach which would probably be a WR1 finish. We shall see. I’m happy with it though.
I really like Wilson a lot but I think you are way too optimistic to be thinking Wilson will be on JJ/Chase tier. That is just nuts, especially with more competition for targets, A-Rod willing to go to the open guy or throw it away instead of forcing, plus they still have to learn each other. Also, bottom line is he just isn't as talented as those guys with a defensive minded coach. I like him a ton and think he could very well be a top 10 WR this year but I don't think he is even close to being THE WR1.

I like Ridley a ton too and think there is a good chance you are right on him this year as a top 12ish-15 WR this year. I'm holding out hope and for trying to win now and you are obviously extremely high on these guys, it is a good move. Just might bite you hard if you don't win and that 24 1st ends up being a top pick.

Users who are viewing this thread