What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (8 Viewers)

FFPC, 1 QB

Gave: 2.01, 2.11
Got: Javonte Williams

Little risky bc the injury but could pay off if he regains some of his old form.

Easy yes for you...there is definite risk with Javonte but it is mitigated by the fact you only gave up two 2's and one is late...that second piece needed to be a decent amount better for the other Owner...not sure why he is doing a move like this in January.

FFPC, 1 QB

Little risky bc the injury but could pay off if he regains some of his old form.

Easy yes for you...there is definite risk with Javonte but it is mitigated by the fact you only gave up two 2's and one is late...that second piece needed to be a decent amount better for the other Owner...not sure why he is doing a move like this in January.
I would sell that for Williams all day long and twice on Sunday. He may not be very good in 2023, but I expect him to be fully recovered by 2024.

FFPC, 1 QB

That’s actually kind of a bargain for JaWill.

I don’t mind this one at all. 2.01 would be a nice asset, but 2.11 is a dart throw.

He blew out his whole knee, so if ya have 1.5+ seasons to wait, this will likely turn a profit.

The only part that’s working against you is the terrific depth of this RB class, and the fact that you likely could have picked a viable RB at 2.01 who could have helped you this year, and not dealt with the risk/headache of waiting for JaWill’s recovery.

FFPC, 1 QB
Gave: Kmet, 2.05
Got: Goedert

I have Goedert on full tier above as a set it and forget it TE (in TE premium) whereas Kmet might eventually get there but I’m not into waiting to see

FFPC, 1 QB

I have Goedert on full tier above as a set it and forget it TE (in TE premium) whereas Kmet might eventually get there but I’m not into waiting to see

Definitely Goedert...he's a reliable #1 TE and there aren't a ton of them...Kmet is going into year 4 and he is still a question mark and the 2.5 is a solid pick but this is a quality move to lock down a starter.

FFPC, 1 QB

Definitely Goedert...he's a reliable #1 TE and there aren't a ton of them...Kmet is going into year 4 and he is still a question mark and the 2.5 is a solid pick but this is a quality move to lock down a starter.
Yeah, Goedart side for me easily. And I like Kmet.

FFPC, 1 QB

Yeah, Goedart side for me easily. And I like Kmet.

Kmet is still young (will be 24) and can still make the leap but a move like this just settles down your starting line-up.

Just made a trade for the 1.01.

Zealots Field league (PPR; not Superflex). Very large rosters (53). Start 1QB/1-5RB/2-5WR/1-5TE/3DL/3LB/3DB. Fairly standard scoring system.

Traded:
  • Sam Hubbard (DL)
  • Quay Walker (LB)
  • 2023 1.03
  • 2023 1.09

Received
  • 2023 1.01
  • 2023 2.10
  • 2024 2nd (from, by far, the worst team in the league this past season)
My reasoning:

My team is getting long in the tooth, especially at WR. I am very solid at most positions - Mahomes and Lawrence at QB; Barkley, Dobbins, Etienne and McCaffrey at RB; Allen, Hopkins and Samuel at WR. With that group, and my feeling this year's draft doesn't really have the ELITE WR prospects we have seen the last 2/3/4 years, I wanted to get what is as close to a sure thing as we have this year. This should allow me to deal from my strength at RB for some WRs.

Added another WR to my rebuilding team. 10 man 2QB PPR start 11.

Gave: 1.08, 2024 1st(late, stacked team who just won the league)

Got: DK Metcalf

Value wise, edge to you....but also depends on how far away on your rebuild
So this gives me a core now of:

Trey Lance, Brock Purdy
Tee Higgins, DK Metcalf, Brandon Aiyuk with other decent upside guys in there like Wan’dale, Bateman, Shaheed

Pitts, Okonkwo (TE Premium)

Nothing of note at RB. But I have picks 1.01, 1.03, 1.04, 1.07, 1.10, 2.01, 2.06 and 3.04. And three 2024 1sts.

So, the plan right now is Bijan, Stroud/Bryce whichever isn’t taken at 2, and probably Gibbs at 1.04.

Trey Lance, Brock Purdy
Tee Higgins, DK Metcalf, Brandon Aiyuk with other decent upside guys in there like Wan’dale, Bateman, Shaheed

Nothing of note at RB. But I have picks 1.01, 1.03, 1.04, 1.07, 1.10, 2.01, 2.06 and 3.04. And three 2024 1sts.

So, the plan right now is Bijan, Stroud/Bryce whichever isn’t taken at 2, and probably Gibbs at 1.04.

Getting another stud at wr is perfect for your team and I really like the trajectory of this squad. Setting up for a nice 6plus year run

Trey Lance, Brock Purdy

This piece is key...with that many picks it makes sense to condense and get some "real" players...DK is a nice addition in the situation you are in.

Any Pickens trades lately? Considering sending out some offer for him but I’m unsure of where to value him. Qb situation is rough.
Offered 1.07 and was rejected with no counter. He showed enough this season that he could be tough to pry away from owners.

could have picked a viable RB at 2.01 who could have helped you this year, and not dealt with the risk/headache of waiting for JaWill’s recovery.
Even coming off an ACL, I’d bet that Javonte Williams outscores any RB that falls to 2.01.
Probably so, but there’s a possibility that JaWill doesn’t fully recover. That was a fear with Dobbins until after he had his 2nd procedure.

As I understand it, it’s so much more complex when the entire knee is blown out, and it complicates the recovery process.

But I agree - IF JaWill comes back 100%, then this is a bargain investment.

Probably so, but there’s a possibility that JaWill doesn’t fully recover
I think generally speaking it's fairly unheard of for a young player to never recover at least pretty close to their prior form. It's just a matter of time.

Tarik Cohen is the one guy I can come up with whose career his ACL might have ended. And I can only say might because he blew out his achilles trying to make a comeback. But giving time, it's just not something I view as a risk with respect to a young player ultimately recovering.

Probably so, but there’s a possibility that JaWill doesn’t fully recover
I think generally speaking it's fairly unheard of for a young player to never recover at least pretty close to their prior form. It's just a matter of time.

Tarik Cohen is the one guy I can come up with whose career his ACL might have ended. And I can only say might because he blew out his achilles trying to make a comeback. But giving time, it's just not something I view as a risk with respect to a young player ultimately recovering.
I agree - but again, it wasn’t just his ACL. He reportedly dislocated his knee, and blew every tendon in the process.

That’s a much more significant injury, and increases risk.

I believe it’s a low risk, but it is worth differentiating from just an ACL if only for the recovery time.

I do believe he’ll very likely make it back all the way. Age, health, wear & tear all seek to favor a full recovery.

It might just take more than 1 season.

Any Pickens trades lately? Considering sending out some offer for him but I’m unsure of where to value him. Qb situation is rough.
I posted one awhile ago in this thread but not sure how much me saying I dealt Dulcich and a mid third for Pickens and a late 4th in a TE premium helps you set his value.

I'm not really worried about the QB. Not saying he's great but he's good enough. The major problem last year was the OC was told to call a super conservative game plan. Between the development of PIckens and Pickett. Pickens second full year after his ACL, and likely opening up of the offense I'm expecting some major growth.

Offered 1.07 and was rejected with no counter. He showed enough this season that he could be tough to pry away from owners.
Fwiw I believe on the Dan Hindrey trade chart the value for Pickens works out exactly on par with what he put as value as rookie pick 7 in one start QB league.

I agree - but again, it wasn’t just his ACL. He reportedly dislocated his knee, and blew every tendon in the process.
I know, it was a ACL/LCL tear, same as Dobbins. I've seen nothing about every tendon though.. The Athletic Denver beat writer wrote an article when he got hurt and a doctor said it was even possible he could recover as fast a standard ACL. Like I said, it's really just a matter of time.

I'm definitely targeting him this summer, liked what I saw. Team that owns him put a TON of draft capital last year into WR and has zero RB's of note. I want to offer him 1 of R. White, K. Herbert or Allgeier + for him....just need to figure out what that plus is.

I'm definitely targeting him this summer, liked what I saw. Team that owns him put a TON of draft capital last year into WR and has zero RB's of note. I want to offer him 1 of R. White, K. Herbert or Allgeier + for him....just need to figure out what that plus is.
A lot cause he's worth a lot more than those guys

Don't understand the hype for Pickens. I'd be selling in a heartbeat at the prices some of you are talking about.
Guy who has him in one of my leagues told me he values him as a top 12 dynasty WR; I'd think a lot of owners are thinking that way after he flashed in his first year with average to poor QB play.

Don't understand the hype for Pickens. I'd be selling in a heartbeat at the prices some of you are talking about.
Guy who has him in one of my leagues told me he values him as a top 12 dynasty WR; I'd think a lot of owners are thinking that way after he flashed in his first year with average to poor QB play.
Same on my league. Dude said top 10. He gave up a ton for him.
I don’t have any shares but if people are valuing him as a top 10 dynasty WR I’d be selling.

It's fine to not agree, not sure how you can watch him play and say you don't understand it.
He definitely makes highlight catches. Don't mean to sound like Buddy Ryan talking about Cris Carter, but that's like all he does.
If you say so but he was basically productive across the board, enormously so on a per target basis.

It's fine to not agree, not sure how you can watch him play and say you don't understand it.
He definitely makes highlight catches. Don't mean to sound like Buddy Ryan talking about Cris Carter, but that's like all he does.
What would you pay for him right now? Normal dynasty PPR

Agree with the pro-Pickens crowd...the kid looks like the prototype of today's WR...6'3"-200 lbs and an athletic freak...it wasn't long ago that 52-801-4 & 1 rushing TD would be considered an outstanding rookie year (i.e. people are becoming spoiled)...the fact he did that with Trubisky and a rookie QB (who I think will be a solid QB) makes it even more impressive...from an eye test point of view it is tough not to get excited about his future.

Last edited:
What would you pay for him right now? Normal dynasty PPR
Very late first or early second

I see a dude who is capable of a lot. He has size, speed & crazy good hands.

Agree with the pro-Pickens crowd...the kid looks like the prototype of today's WR...6'3"-200 lbs and an athletic freak...it wasn't long along that 52-801-4 & 1 rushing TD would be considered an outstanding rookie year (i.e. people are becoming spoiled)...the fact he did that with Trubisky and a rookie QB (who I think will be a solid QB) makes it even more impressive...from an eye test point of view it is tough not to get excited about his future.
he’s looked fantastic. Definitely passes the eye test.

My only concerns are limitations at QB, and target hogs on his own team in an offense that doesn’t seem to throw enough to support everyone FF-wise.

Dionte Johnson is also a very good receiver, ‘Muth is seemingly a favorite target, and they throw to Najee.

Also his targets seemed to be sporadic. 4-6 on a weekly basis. Early on he was seeing 7-8 targets. Was someone else hurt early in the season?

But I agree that Pickens is a tremendous talent. Big, strong, fast, circus catches.

If he can increase his target share, and/or efficiency, and if his QB develops further, he could be a FF WR1.

Right now his numbers are pretty comparable to Gabe Davis.

As an owner there's no way I'm trading him for a late 1st. Curious who you guys think you're going to get that is/will be better than Pickens?
If SF, you could be looking at a Keyshawn Boutte as the WR2 in DAL or the WR1 on the Giants. Maybe a Downs or one of the potentially elite RBs slides to 1.07, or maybe a Will Levis if you’re a believer.

In 1 QB you could be looking at a Charbonet, Tucker, Mayer, Young, Stroud, etc

I’m not advocating trading Pickens. I believe he’s a hold. But there’s certainly a plethora of talent in this year’s first round in either format. I could see a team accepting this deal mid-draft if they were loaded at WR & coveted a player on the board.

I see a dude who is capable of a lot. He has size, speed & crazy good hands.

Agree with the pro-Pickens crowd...the kid looks like the prototype of today's WR...6'3"-200 lbs and an athletic freak...it wasn't long along that 52-801-4 & 1 rushing TD would be considered an outstanding rookie year (i.e. people are becoming spoiled)...the fact he did that with Trubisky and a rookie QB (who I think will be a solid QB) makes it even more impressive...from an eye test point of view it is tough not to get excited about his future.
he’s looked fantastic. Definitely passes the eye test.

My only concerns are limitations at QB, and target hogs on his own team in an offense that doesn’t seem to throw enough to support everyone FF-wise.

Dionte Johnson is also a very good receiver, ‘Muth is seemingly a favorite target, and they throw to Najee.

Also his targets seemed to be sporadic. 4-6 on a weekly basis. Early on he was seeing 7-8 targets. Was someone else hurt early in the season?

But I agree that Pickens is a tremendous talent. Big, strong, fast, circus catches.

If he can increase his target share, and/or efficiency, and if his QB develops further, he could be a FF WR1.

Right now his numbers are pretty comparable to Gabe Davis.
Agree. Diontae is better, so you're looking at a #2 WR on a questionable passing team. If there were a top QB arriving in the near future, I'd be buying at late 1st prices. As it stands, I'd probably only pay mid-2nd.

Agree with the pro-Pickens crowd...the kid looks like the prototype of today's WR...6'3"-200 lbs and an athletic freak...it wasn't long ago that 52-801-4 & 1 rushing TD would be considered an outstanding rookie year (i.e. people are becoming spoiled)...the fact he did that with Trubisky and a rookie QB (who I think will be a solid QB) makes it even more impressive...from an eye test point of view it is tough not to get excited about his future.
The fact he did that, mainly the yardage, on 84 targets is pretty impressive to me period. To put that in perspective he had 63 targets less then Diontae and only 81 less yards and 4 MORETD's-and some of you are saying Diontae is better?.. Drake London needed 33 more targets to surpass Pickens by 65.

Everything about him was top notch from a per target angle. He's needs a lot more targets to enhance his value but between his and PIckens growth, opening up of the offense and considering he was 21 playing his first year after an ACL tear it's hard to not see a lot of growth.

The problem is there's like 30 WRs in the top 12.

He was matched up with a poor QB and then a rookie QB for his rookie season. It wasn't like there was a ton of volume in that passing game.

Users who are viewing this thread