What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

These trades all require a lot of context but I'll just get to wordy trying to explain so I'll just be brief and list the trades.

All FFPC leagues.

Gave: Joe Mixon

Got: D'Andre Swift

Same league

Gave: Najee Harris

Got: Breece Hall

Different league:

Gave: Dalvin Cook

Got: Breece Hall

Zealots PPR/IDP/12 team/Dynasty/Q/2-5 RB/2-5WR/1-3WR

Team A gets:

• Khalil Herbert
  • Terry McLaurin
Team B gets:

• Miles Sanders
  • Allen Lazard
  • Robert Woods

10 Team, PPR

Team A receives D Pierce, early 3rd round '23 (Team is at bottom and not likely to get better)

Team B receives mid to late 1st round '23.
Nice I like the B side.
Interesting, I'm Team A, and would have given up a 3rd instead of receiving one.
That's what I love about this stupid game we play. So many ways to look at it and it doesn't mean any of those are wrong. So here is what I see. League size is on the smaller size. At least for me since mine are 14 and 16 team. Pierce is a solid player but outside of the game against LAC, who has one of the worst rushing defenses in the league allowing the highest YPC of any team , his weekly output is just ok. I'm a huge fan of the 23 draft class and comparatively speaking I feel like Pierce is JAG in relation to the talent in the draft class. But Pierce is the guy in Hou with minimal competition for carries. I just worry that if they get behind early the game script will dictate less usage. But if I'm a contending team or hurting for RB help, then I don't hate it at all. So I guess context is king. Neither side is bad by any means, I just like B a little better. Just boils down to roster construction and team needs.

10 Team, PPR

Team A receives D Pierce, early 3rd round '23 (Team is at bottom and not likely to get better)

Team B receives mid to late 1st round '23.
Nice I like the B side.
Interesting, I'm Team A, and would have given up a 3rd instead of receiving one.
That's what I love about this stupid game we play. So many ways to look at it and it doesn't mean any of those are wrong. So here is what I see. League size is on the smaller size. At least for me since mine are 14 and 16 team. Pierce is a solid player but outside of the game against LAC, who has one of the worst rushing defenses in the league allowing the highest YPC of any team , his weekly output is just ok. I'm a huge fan of the 23 draft class and comparatively speaking I feel like Pierce is JAG in relation to the talent in the draft class. But Pierce is the guy in Hou with minimal competition for carries. I just worry that if they get behind early the game script will dictate less usage. But if I'm a contending team or hurting for RB help, then I don't hate it at all. So I guess context is king. Neither side is bad by any means, I just like B a little better. Just boils down to roster construction and team needs.
Thanks for your detailed reply, I appreciate it. Yeah, it's only a 10 team league, but due to deep rosters, start able rb's are a scarcity. I like what he brings to the table, but also agree the '23 draft should be loaded. Looking to compete this year, and only had Chubb and ETN as reliable starters.

Team A pretty heavily.

I was Team B. Let me explain my reasoning. My usable RBs -- in what is essentially a start 2RB league -- before last week were Breece Hall, Jeff Wilson, and AJ Dillon, who hasn't done a whole lot. I also had Herbert, but I couldn't start him because of coaching decisions. His floor is a 1.10 score and I can't afford that in my lineup. So aside from when Montgomery is inactive, he sits on the bench. His 31.70 game? Happened on the bench because Monty started that game. Herbert, when Montgomery is active or in the game, only averages about 9 PPG half PPR. Sanders, no matter who is active, is lead dog and averages 13+ PPG. Anyway, I traded away a package including Dillon for a package of Ezekiel Elliott and Davante Adams last week. So I was left with Breece and Elliott and Herbert as my main guys after the McCaffrey deal. When Hall went down, I needed another RB and that offer was on the table. (I'm a decent contender, fourth in points scored by a pretty wide margin. Power ranks have me third in the league.)

McLaurin hasn't had a quarterback in years. He is incredibly frustrating and boom/bust to start in a lineup. He often finishes outside the top 36 and is much more likely to do so than your average WR. He has finished WR 20 in 2020, WR23 in 2021, and is WR26 this year in 2022. That, I admit, is impressive. So I may have given up an asset or two, but I have to give an asset to get one. Lazard and Woods mitigate the effect of losing McLaurin. So far this year, Lazard outscores McLaurin by 2 PPG. I don't know if Green Bay is bringing in a receiver -- and that would surely diminish his value -- but Lazard, who I actually have used the words "he's a stiff" about, should continue to be a usable piece. Woods is there for depth.

Anyway, I ran it through some calculators.

Dynasty Dominator had it 200 -160 in my favor
KeepTradeCut had it in my favor by 2000 points
Hindery at FBG has it 22+12 = 34 for Team A and 16+14+5 = 35 for Team B

I know calcs aren't be-all end-all and you use your acumen in the end, and in the end, I didn't want to part with McLaurin , but I looked at my roster (devoid of startable RBs and a plethora of McLaurin-esque receivers) and I looked at all this and decided to do so. Now, could Herbert take the starting position and run with it? I know there's the possibility he could, but I'm not really operating on possibilities right now. The offer was on the table and I took it.

Anyway, just the reasoning. It could wind up as heavily beneficial to Team A as you think, but that's some logic in how seemingly lopsided trades get made. I'm giving the logic behind what is perhaps a first blush at it.

Anyway, just the reasoning. It could wind up as heavily beneficial to Team A as you think, but that's some logic in how seemingly lopsided trades get made. I'm giving the logic behind what is perhaps a first blush at it.
I think it's also a lot closer when you look at the two trades together:

Team A gets:

Herbert
McLaurin
Dillon
PIckens
2023 mid to late 2nd

Team B gets:

Sanders
Lazard
Woods
Zeke
Adams

One side is definitely win now and the other is for the future. Lot of upside on Team A but how often does upside all hit......usually never. hahahaha

FFPC 1QB

I gave 2023 1st
I got Jacobs

win now move, I project the 1st late, yada yada

This went down Monday in an FFPC 1QB (I wasn't involved):

Team A: Deandre Hopkins
Team B: Josh Jacobs

I was pretty pissed. I have Team A's 2023 R1 and he was a borderline playoff team (meaning I'd have a good shot at the 1.01 if he missed the playoffs). But even so, it's a horrible trade. I doubt the guy even shopped Jacobs. Probably thought he was "selling high." Oh, he was selling "high," all right.

Team A gets:

Herbert
McLaurin
Dillon
PIckens
2023 mid to late 2nd

Team B gets:

Sanders
Lazard
Woods
Zeke
Adams

One side is definitely win now and the other is for the future. Lot of upside on Team A but how often does upside all hit......usually never. hahahaha

I think it's actually in Team A's favor when looked at in totality or even in individual trades. But it made Team B better for this and next year (theoretically).

And really, I'm beginning to think fantasy is all about running back injuries and luck, to a degree. I actually think you can lose if you're an incompetent manager, but you can't really win because you're a competent one. It's akin to the old golf adage about how you can't win the tourney on the first day but you can sure lose it.

To win, you either better be really good at managing compared to the rest of your league or you need luck. Looking at this league, the past two years have been a mixture of competency and luck in the grand scheme of things. The swings in the managers' finishes in total points are drastic, and one doesn't suddenly go from incompetent to competent in the span of a year. I expect this year to be no different.

Sent Zeke for a 2024 first and second. Don’t really use him.

Projected 1.1 to 1.7 range.
Wow, I wish I could get something even close to that for Zeke.
That’s a terrible trade. You won’t find many willing to pay a first for Zeke, let alone throw in a high second as well.
So true. If you are a Zeke owner you are better off trying to acquire Pollard at a reasonable cost than trying to sell Zeke.
Would you give up a 2nd for Pollard? Lots of potential but blocked by Zeke for the near future.

12 team SF PPR league

traded Dotson / Pacheco

for

J Jeudy / D Mills / C Patterson

I have lots of Pacheco, so I really wanted to move one or 2 spots. This trade came to me and I quickly accepted.

To win, you either better be really good at managing compared to the rest of your league or you need luck. Looking at this league, the past two years have been a mixture of competency and luck in the grand scheme of things. The swings in the managers' finishes in total points are drastic, and one doesn't suddenly go from incompetent to competent in the span of a year. I expect this year to be no different.

There's a lot of truth here. As a manager, you put the best pieces you can get into your team so you're in a position to win. Injuries / bad games / luck / weather it all plays into whether we actually win a 'ship or not on any given year. I swear the last 3 years running I've had the most fantasy points against in our head to head league. That and a few stinker weeks during the playoffs have kept me out of the championship!

Team A gets:

Herbert
McLaurin
Dillon
PIckens
2023 mid to late 2nd

Team B gets:

Sanders
Lazard
Woods
Zeke
Adams

I think it's actually in Team A's favor when looked at in totality or even in individual trades. But it made Team B better for this and next year (theoretically).

And really, I'm beginning to think fantasy is all about running back injuries and luck, to a degree. I actually think you can lose if you're an incompetent manager, but you can't really win because you're a competent one. It's akin to the old golf adage about how you can't win the tourney on the first day but you can sure lose it.

This x 1000.

Had a powerhouse of a team to start the year. Javonte and Breece tear their ACL's. Have a very meh team suddenly. A lot of years it comes down to staying healthy.

And then some years it comes down to whoever was decimated enough in their team to pick up the unexpected free agent that goes absolutely ham.

I honestly don't remember how rostered ARSB was prior to his hot streak last year, but guessing it wasn't super high.
Billy Volek and Drew Bennett took down several leagues I was in years back.
Breshard Perriman went ham for me a couple years back and won a few leagues.

And I don't know that any of that falls under being an excellent manager. Sometimes you pick a guy up and hope for the best, and sometimes the best is they go nuts in the playoffs.

I don't even think the bold is true. You can be the best manager compared to everyone else by a far distance but if you don't have luck also you aren't going to win the title. You can make the playoffs and be competitive every year by being a good manager but to win the title you need a heck of a lot of luck to go along with it.

As the saying goes, I would much rather be lucky than good because lucky never loses.

I’m very much in win-now mode. Won it all last year and lead in total points this year with a 6-1 record.

Gave Breece Hall

Got Saquon

Absolutely Barkley...Hall is a stud but he has an ACL so if you can cash out at this level and let someone else deal with the injury you have done well for yourself.

14 team PPR (TE Prem) devy league.

Gave:
Etienne
AJ Brown

Got:
Breece Hall
TreVeyon Henderson
Brock Bowers

Gave:
TreVeyon Henderson

Got:
Tyreek Hill

So in the end I sent Etienne/AJB for Breece/Tyreek/Bowers. I’m pretty happy with that despite the wait time on Breece. Might just flip him.

14 team PPR (TE Prem) d

Gave:
Etienne
AJ Brown

Got:
Breece Hall
TreVeyon Henderson
Brock Bowers

Gave:
TreVeyon Henderson

Got:
Tyreek Hill

So in the end I sent Etienne/AJB for Breece/Tyreek/Bowers. I’m pretty happy with that despite the wait time on Breece. Might just flip him.

1 almost reads like a free Brock Bowers to me. 2 is okay since you probably have to replace AJB in your lineup for a playoff run. The final equation is still a big win.

Turned a profit on Kadarius Toney after the trade news came out in my crazy bad rebuild.

Gave: Toney
Got: 24 2nd, 24 3rd
I don’t mind cashing out but he also does have a good amount of upside, is young, has an enormous amount of talent, and is tied to an elite QB. Personally I prefer gambling on his talent to show flashes to either make him a productive part of your roster or raise the price in a trade.

FFPC SF two different leagues

I gave A Jones
I got Dotson, K Ingram, 2023 1st (late)

I gave 2023 3rd
I got E Benjamin

Top one I'm not competing bottom one I am.

FFPC SF Best ball league. Made 3 trades earlier this week. Total rebuild, trying to get the #1 overall pick (FFPC BB leagues go straight worst to first for the draft order)

Gave: Mike Evans
Got: George Pickens

Gave: Josh Jacobs
Got: Javonte Williams

Gave: Mike Williams
Got: Alec Pierce, 2023 2nd (probably late)

FFPC Triflex

Gave: Jaylen Waddle, Tyler Boyd, '23 R1 (late), '23 R3

Got: Ja'Marr Chase, Jahan Dotson, '23 R5

These are actually two different trades I made with the same team a couple days apart. The startup was in April, and I traded for future picks with the intent to tank in Year One and hopefully trade for productive, injured players during the season. Man, I hope the Chase injury isn't serious.

FFPC Triflex

These are actually two different trades I made with the same team a couple days apart. The startup was in April, and I traded for future picks with the intent to tank in Year One and hopefully trade for productive, injured players during the season. Man, I hope the Chase injury isn't serious.
I like the startup strategy. Hope it works out for you. I feel like that was a lot to give up. I do believe Chase will be fine. But the risk being there makes it sketchy giving up Waddle and a first. But Chase will help you tank for sure!

FFPC Triflex

I like the startup strategy. Hope it works out for you. I feel like that was a lot to give up. I do believe Chase will be fine. But the risk being there makes it sketchy giving up Waddle and a first. But Chase will help you tank for sure!

The way I saw it was that, in these Triflex leagues, Chase was going in the mid-first in startups, while Waddle was going in the early third. I think Chase's value has remained the same (assuming this is a short-term injury), while Waddle's has probably jumped to mid-second. I think that paying a late first to move up from the mid-second to the mid-first in a startup is a fair price.

It's pretty tough to trade for Chase in these leagues. The only way anyone was selling was if the team was in the playoff hunt and needed to replace his production, which was the case here.

I absolutely see that this might have been an overpay, though. I think that, for some guys, it's worth it.

Just gave up hockenson and juju for Kittle. Can’t wait another 10 games for atlanta to figure out how to use Pitts and hock is hit or miss

mostly miss

championship caliber team right now needs a productive tight end

12-team, 20-man, PPR, QRRWWFKD
Technically win-now, but currently 2-5. Still hoping/expecting playoffs. But also RB heavy (Mixon, Swift, Etienne, [edit: James] Robinson)

Gave Aaron Jones

Got 2023 1st round pick (could be pretty much anywhere, but very unlikely that it would be a top 2 pick. If I had to pick an over/under, I'd say pick 1.07)

Could hurt me. But when a RB is going to be 28 in a month ... I know I should get what I can if he's at all expendable.

Last edited:
12-team, 20-man, PPR, QRRWWFKD
Technically win-now, but currently 2-5. Still hoping/expecting playoffs. But also RB heavy (Mixon, Swift, Etienne, Robinson)

Gave Aaron Jones

Got 2023 1st round pick (could be pretty much anywhere, but very unlikely that it would be a top 2 pick. If I had to pick an over/under, I'd say pick 1.07)

Could hurt me. But when a RB is going to be 28 in a month ... I know I should get what I can if he's at all expendable.
I would rather get rid of a player early than late, nice cash out.

Is it too early to trade away J Taylor? It will leave me pretty weak at RB( Conner,Harris,Gordon and Rookies White and Spiller) but im not winning with him. Have to think his dynasty trade value is still a 1st rounder+

Is it too early to trade away J Taylor? It will leave me pretty weak at RB( Conner,Harris,Gordon and Rookies White and Spiller) but im not winning with him. Have to think his dynasty trade value is still a 1st rounder+
Talk about selling low if you try to move him at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread