What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

i agree Davis is the prize on the other side. I also know Diggs is approaching age 30, and Davis seems like the a preferred RZ target to Diggs. So Davis definitely has upside that’s fairly close to Brown, IMO. 

It’ll be a battle between those two to determine who truly wins this deal. Short term it might actually be Brown 

I have MM on my rebuild (traded Huntley to the LJax owner before MM signed with ATL) - I love his potential as a rebound, and could definitely see him getting a starting job somewhere next season if he parlays this opportunity.

I’m skeptical he’s the best part of the deal, but concede that it’s possible. That it’s SF makes it a legit possibility.

But for the moment his trade value is very low. 
Small chance Mariota has lasting value beyond this year. He’s been free in Superflex leagues the last two years. I’m cashing out where I can at early-mid second value. You’re hoping for Tanehill 2.0. Tanehill was special his first 1.5 years with TEN. There’s a lot less to work with in ATL than what Tanny had. 

Small chance Mariota has lasting value beyond this year. He’s been free in Superflex leagues the last two years. I’m cashing out where I can at early-mid second value. You’re hoping for Tanehill 2.0. Tanehill was special his first 1.5 years with TEN. There’s a lot less to work with in ATL than what Tanny had. 
Don’t I know it. I’m waiting for 1 competent game to try to get a 2023 2nd for him. 

But if he balls out for a few games….never say never. I didn’t think he had a fair shake in the NFL. Dude has talent. It’s not an ideal situation to showcase it, so if he plays well it’ll be even more impressive. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless Mariotta lights it up and the Falcons are winning - and let’s face it that’s unlikely - at some point the Falcons are going to want to see Ridder out there. 

Obviously Superflex adds value for him but in my 12 team (start 1QB) league with 30 man rosters, I literally can’t even get a 5th round pick for him. I’ll probably drop him at roster cut downs.

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB.

Gave: Elliott, Schultz

Received: 2023 1st (mid-late), Perine, Roethlisberger

This gives me (6) 2023 1sts in this league now.
Love the Roethlisberger throw in ;)  

seems fair enough to get a 1st for Elliott.  If Schultz had signed a new contract, for I think he’s worth a little more (especially if it’s TEP scoring)

Love the Roethlisberger throw in ;)  

seems fair enough to get a 1st for Elliott.  If Schultz had signed a new contract, for I think he’s worth a little more (especially if it’s TEP scoring)
I agree.  I offered Elliott for the 2023 1st and this was his counter.  If I wasn't worried about the deal getting scrapped I would have probably asked for his 2023 2nd as well and would have viewed that more favorably on my side.

ETA: This is those leagues that require equal players on each side so the players I got with the 2023 1st are only to equal that out.  

Last edited by a moderator:
13 owners but expanding to 16. Normally keep 14 dropping down to 9 this year for expansion draft.

I gave *Tom Brady, 1.08, 6.11 and two 23 1sts probably 8-16 range.

I got Justin Herbert, 2.09, 4.10, 6.05,6.08,6.15 and a 23 2nd.

*Brady owner gets a supplemental pick at end of 3rd round upon retirement.
So was there any other sweeteners for the expansion teams?  I mean 13 x 9 = 117 players already off the board for the three expansion teams to start the expansion draft.  In a 16 team league that will be devastating to even start to compete.  You will be way behind for years with something like that.  

Also, is it really a supplemental pick (a pick added to the end of round 3 that takes from nobody) or is it a conditional 3rd pick where you will ship your 3rd round pick once Brady retires.  What happens if you don't have a 3rd round pick to ship off at that time?

Feels light to me.  Zeke should still command a late first on his own so this is a free Schultz.  Would have liked to get a 2nd back or a RB better than Perine. 
It seems like Zeke should command a late first on his own but in practice that doesn't seem to be happening from the leagues I have seen.

It seems like Zeke should command a late first on his own but in practice that doesn't seem to be happening from the leagues I have seen.
i agree with this.  I made offers to multiple teams for their 2023 1st for Zeke and got rejected with no counter.

Where I was at with Zeke is that I think he will have a good year, but not sure after this year how his production will be.  So I was willing to sell a little light now before his value really tanks.

i agree with this.  I made offers to multiple teams for their 2023 1st for Zeke and got rejected with no counter.

Where I was at with Zeke is that I think he will have a good year, but not sure after this year how his production will be.  So I was willing to sell a little light now before his value really tanks.
I bought Zeke months ago for  essentially 2.01 (I also gave up 3.02 but got 4.02).   I was desperate for a RB and I think he will be just fine this year as my RB2.  

12 team Single QB ,PPR Te Premium, not involved in either

Team A gets - Higgins, 3.04(Trubisky, mightve been an accidental auto draft, not sure)

Team B gets - Toney, 2.02(Tolbert), 3.01(TDP)

Team A (from above) gets - MG3, Sutton, ETN, several 3,4,5th round picks this year and next

Team C gets- Elijah Mitchell, Rondale Moore, 1.02 (london)

So was there any other sweeteners for the expansion teams?  I mean 13 x 9 = 117 players already off the board for the three expansion teams to start the expansion draft.  In a 16 team league that will be devastating to even start to compete.  You will be way behind for years with something like that.  

Also, is it really a supplemental pick (a pick added to the end of round 3 that takes from nobody) or is it a conditional 3rd pick where you will ship your 3rd round pick once Brady retires.  What happens if you don't have a 3rd round pick to ship off at that time?
No other sweeteners. They will go to the top of the rookie draft. We also have a chance for owners to acquire players called player movement, where after we cut down to the keeper number. We expose players that can be acquired by other owners for picks. Typical years we expose one player from top 7 one player from bottom 7 and a third player of our choosing. Cost for top 7 players is a 1st and 3rd. Cost for bottom players is a 2nd and 4th. We can block the request for a top player by giving the requesting owner a 3rd. Bottom players can not be blocked. If you block or lose a player you can pull a player back. Owners that did not finish in the money get two passes through to acquire players. Owners finishing in money get one pass through. The expansion owners will be slotted in at 1-3 for this as well. Main selling point to join league was that it’s been around for 20+ years and people seem to enjoy it.

As far as the supplemental pick, it is just an added pick. There is some criteria for it. Player has to have been kept on a fantasy roster for the prior two seasons before retirement. I’ve seen many posts over the years about it being better to sell a player a year too early than a year too late. This kinda helps with that. Other situations it helped with: when Chris Henry died. When Glenn Coffee retired after one season to be a pastor I believe. Justin Blackmon and Josh Gordon’s suspensions. 

No other sweeteners. They will go to the top of the rookie draft. We also have a chance for owners to acquire players called player movement, where after we cut down to the keeper number. We expose players that can be acquired by other owners for picks. Typical years we expose one player from top 7 one player from bottom 7 and a third player of our choosing. Cost for top 7 players is a 1st and 3rd. Cost for bottom players is a 2nd and 4th. We can block the request for a top player by giving the requesting owner a 3rd. Bottom players can not be blocked. If you block or lose a player you can pull a player back. Owners that did not finish in the money get two passes through to acquire players. Owners finishing in money get one pass through. The expansion owners will be slotted in at 1-3 for this as well. Main selling point to join league was that it’s been around for 20+ years and people seem to enjoy it.
Lucky you guys.  I would have a hard time going into a 16 team league with at most the 118th best player.  

Your player movement idea is interesting.  I assume the owner leaving a player exposed chooses whether or not they are top 7 or bottom 7 for return purposes.  I assume it's like a draft based on your "two passes through" comment.  Since you get to pull a guy back if you lose a guy that means you could lose at most 2 players in this process while also acquiring the picks assigned.  I also assume that if you don't have the draft picks needed to acquire a player you are SOL in being able to acquire anybody in this process.  

I am always looking for interesting wrinkles to freshen things up.  I will have to think on this for awhile.   We do something similar as part of our draft where we start with a restricted free agent (RFA) auction.  So after you choose your keepers any player that was on your roster the previous year is considered an RFA which gives you matching rights if they are bid on in the auction.  As long as you have salary cap space you can match the winning bid to retain the player.  Or you let him go if you don't have the money or don't want to pay that much.  All RFA's acquired costs a draft pick starting at round 5 and moving forward.  It has worked well. 

As far as the supplemental pick, it is just an added pick. There is some criteria for it. Player has to have been kept on a fantasy roster for the prior two seasons before retirement. I’ve seen many posts over the years about it being better to sell a player a year too early than a year too late. This kinda helps with that. Other situations it helped with: when Chris Henry died. When Glenn Coffee retired after one season to be a pastor I believe. Justin Blackmon and Josh Gordon’s suspensions. 
So that pick doesn't come from anybody?  It's just an extra pick at the end of the 3rd round moving everybody's 4th round pick and beyond back a pick?  I don't think I like that idea.  Does it work that way with all traded players?

Seems brutal to the new teams.

Big one here
I sent:
Derrick Henry, R. Stevenson, Amari Cooper

I received:

Jonathan Taylor

Wanted to move Henry before the wheels fell off, even if he has 1-3 elite seasons left in him.  Thrilled I could swap him for Taylor and it didn't cost me any picks.  2 starters for 1 may hurt me a little though this season as I'm not very deep at WR.
I love this move for you.  I think Cooper's value takes a serious hit with Watson's suspension coming and you should be able to find other WRs out there.  I'd have made this move.

14 team SF, 1.5 TEP, start 11

I traded: Kenny Pickett, Cole Kmet, Rondale Moore, 2023 1st (the 2023 1st is the other owner's so he's getting his pick back)

I received: Justin Jefferson
This feels terrible to me.  Pickett is a very low SF asset who.  Kmet could be ok this year but not even sure he is a TE1.  Moore feels like nothing but a field stretching type guy on an offense with better options.  This feels like a 1st round pick light for JJ to me.  I'd pay this all day.

13 owners but expanding to 16. Normally keep 14 dropping down to 9 this year for expansion draft.

I gave *Tom Brady, 1.08, 6.11 and two 23 1sts probably 8-16 range.

I got Justin Herbert, 2.09, 4.10, 6.05,6.08,6.15 and a 23 2nd.

*Brady owner gets a supplemental pick at end of 3rd round upon retirement.
I don't have a problem paying for your guy but this is an overpay.  TB12 and 3 1sts seems a tad much in a 1 QB league.  I will say I don't play in any 16 team leagues so that should level the value off a bit.  I'm from Oregon so definitely a Herbert fan but better hope those 23 1sts don't end up in the front half.  Nothing wrong with overpaying a little for a stud though.

You are in a deeper league than my main leagues so you know way more about those later round draft choices than me.  We don't have rookie drafts past round 3.  So all those 4th round-6th round picks don't do anything for me.  

So subtract all that noise it is:

Brady, 1.08, 2023 1st, 2023 1st

for

Herbert, 2.09, 2023 2nd

I am taking the Brady side all day...I have been wrongly betting on Brady's decline for years now, but for me every year is the year.
You didn't even add that the Brady owner will also get a 3rd or whatever it was when he retires as comp pick.  I agree with you but I understand the other side too.

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB.

Gave: Elliott, Schultz

Received: 2023 1st (mid-late), Perine, Roethlisberger

This gives me (6) 2023 1sts in this league now.
I get trading for 23 picks.  I have 3 1sts and 4 2nds and looking for more but this feels light to me for Zeke/Schultz.  Big Ben is retired and Perine is getting moved down the depth chart.  Not sure that return would be enough for Zeke alone.  Let alone when adding a back end TE1 like Schultz.  Don't like this move.  I will say that at the end of this year Zeke may not be worth that or about that but we aren't there yet.  He was still like a top 7 RB last year.

I get trading for 23 picks.  I have 3 1sts and 4 2nds and looking for more but this feels light to me for Zeke/Schultz.  Big Ben is retired and Perine is getting moved down the depth chart.  Not sure that return would be enough for Zeke alone.  Let alone when adding a back end TE1 like Schultz.  Don't like this move.  I will say that at the end of this year Zeke may not be worth that or about that but we aren't there yet.  He was still like a top 7 RB last year.
If rebuilding, anything Zeke give you is detrimental to your own future 1st, so there's that.

I like this trade if someone is rebuilding.  It's pretty obvious that 1st will be worth a lot more than Zeke a year from now, likely also worth more than Zeke and Schultz even if it's a late 1st.

If it ends up early this was a heist.

If rebuilding, anything Zeke give you is detrimental to your own future 1st, so there's that.

I like this trade if someone is rebuilding.  It's pretty obvious that 1st will be worth a lot more than Zeke a year from now, likely also worth more than Zeke and Schultz even if it's a late 1st.

If it ends up early this was a heist.
I'd be ok with it if it was only Zeke, even if a little light but Schultz should have never been included.  I feel you could have waited for a couple weeks of decent Zeke production and got the 1st for him straight up you were looking for.

Jonesin For Some Football said:
I'd be ok with it if it was only Zeke, even if a little light but Schultz should have never been included.  I feel you could have waited for a couple weeks of decent Zeke production and got the 1st for him straight up you were looking for.
In theory I think that is sound.  However, in actual leagues there are multiple problems with trying this.  First, the owners will remember last year where he struggled and many believing Pollard ran better than him.  Second, his advanced age moving into this year (27) combined with many touches.  And third, if he doesn't start of the year with 2-3-4 good games and instead has 1-2-3 bad games then this will help confirm in owners minds points 1 and 2.  

I also agree with ghostguy that by selling now that will help improve my own 2023 1st rounder taking away that production I would get with Zeke.

In theory I think that is sound.  However, in actual leagues there are multiple problems with trying this.  First, the owners will remember last year where he struggled and many believing Pollard ran better than him.  Second, his advanced age moving into this year (27) combined with many touches.  And third, if he doesn't start of the year with 2-3-4 good games and instead has 1-2-3 bad games then this will help confirm in owners minds points 1 and 2.  

I also agree with ghostguy that by selling now that will help improve my own 2023 1st rounder taking away that production I would get with Zeke.
I understand the argument but just don't agree personally.  I hate selling low and selling low on 2 players I don't like at all.  All of what you said could be true for sure and a risk I'd take.  Zeke wasn't healthy all last year and still was good enough.  Plus, he has a lot of miles but he is only 27, not 29.  Just my thoughts.  Just feel like this trade most likely wasn't going anywhere but a better one could have materialized when injuries started to hit.

12-team standard

Team A gave: D.Parker, 2023 4th

Team B gave: 2023 3rd

Team A gave: S.Ahmed, 2.07, 2024 4th

Team C gave: 2.11, 2023 2nd

Trent said:
It can be tough for new owners. Takes a couple years to start rising in standings.
Genuinely don’t know why anyone would join that league as a doormat expansion team. They’re gonna get run over for years trying to build a competitive team. And any asset of value they get at start up will be worthless by the time a few drafts have come and gone.

The only graceful way to expand would be to disband the 13 team league & start from scratch on the 16 team league. As described it’s a ####show. 

Genuinely don’t know why anyone would join that league as a doormat expansion team. They’re gonna get run over for years trying to build a competitive team. And any asset of value they get at start up will be worthless by the time a few drafts have come and gone.

The only graceful way to expand would be to disband the 13 team league & start from scratch on the 16 team league. As described it’s a ####show. 
Right.  No way I even consider something like that.  I'm sure there are ways to do it where you don't have to disband if you were really against it as a league but this isn't it.  Have to give the new teams a chance.  Maybe let every team pick a few guys they keep and then let just the expansion teams draft from the rest of the rosters.  Plus, give them the top picks in this year's draft.  Something like that.  I'd avoid this type of expansion like the plague.

The only way that makes any sense at all is if someone was dropping and 2.07 was on the clock.  Even then it seems like an overpay but I could understand.  As it stands, it seems like a dumb trade to move up 4 picks and get Ahmed who is useless and lose a 23 3rd for a 24 4th.
It's actually a 2023 2nd. You scenario (someone dropping) definitely makes more sense but it's then a ridiculous overpay to move up 4 spots in Round 2. I'm not sure anyone in that range makes it worth overpaying for.

Off topic but because this is a pretty active network - what are the best companies/sites these days to scoop up vacant dynasty teams?  Haven't added a new team in a while.

It's actually a 2023 2nd. You scenario (someone dropping) definitely makes more sense but it's then a ridiculous overpay to move up 4 spots in Round 2. I'm not sure anyone in that range makes it worth overpaying for.
Totally agree with you.  Just saying I could understand it more then.  If you had to pay to move up for someone you really wanted that fell there.  It seems horrible though.

Right.  No way I even consider something like that.  I'm sure there are ways to do it where you don't have to disband if you were really against it as a league but this isn't it.  Have to give the new teams a chance.  Maybe let every team pick a few guys they keep and then let just the expansion teams draft from the rest of the rosters.  Plus, give them the top picks in this year's draft.  Something like that.  I'd avoid this type of expansion like the plague.
We have expanded multiple times over the years. It started off as a league of friends/co-workers and has grown from there. I can understand why people would be hesitant to join. I’m hoping this is the last time we have expansion and can start a waiting list to take over for any owners that decide to leave. We have had two people leave and come back. Me personally I’d rather just stay at 13 owners and let it get to 12 owners before I cut all of my players to start over. It’s not like the new people joining don’t know what to expect. We have had an expansion owner win the league. We also had another win the SuperBowl as all 16 teams make the playoffs. Like others have said there is probably no perfect way to do it.

We have expanded multiple times over the years. It started off as a league of friends/co-workers and has grown from there. I can understand why people would be hesitant to join. I’m hoping this is the last time we have expansion and can start a waiting list to take over for any owners that decide to leave. We have had two people leave and come back. Me personally I’d rather just stay at 13 owners and let it get to 12 owners before I cut all of my players to start over. It’s not like the new people joining don’t know what to expect. We have had an expansion owner win the league. We also had another win the SuperBowl as all 16 teams make the playoffs. Like others have said there is probably no perfect way to do it.
Definitely hard to do it fairly but them getting the over 100 ranked players seems way unfair.  They know getting in though.  I'd prefer 12 anyways.  16 is too many people in my opinion anyways.  With that many teams, expansion teams competing is probably less likely than before.

All that being said, if it works for your league and the new managers are ok with what they are getting, then more power to them.  I just waitlist people for my league and they get the chance when someone else wants to leave.  Crazy that all teams make the playoffs.  You guys have some interesting rules.

I agree. The SuperBowl winner is only like 5% of the prize pool. We also have a Survivor challenge for same 5% and we have a weekly bonus for high score of the week.

Why would anyone pay anything for Ahmed?

The only way that makes any sense at all is if someone was dropping and 2.07 was on the clock.  Even then it seems like an overpay but I could understand.  As it stands, it seems like a dumb trade to move up 4 picks and get Ahmed who is useless and lose a 23 3rd for a 24 4th.

Team C has M.Gaskin and was trying like crazy to get Ahmed last year.  I don't think it really had any bearing on the trade, Team A just offered to throw him in as part of the deal.  What team C really wanted was to move up from 2.11 to 2.07 and basically paid a 2023 2nd to do it.

Team C has M.Gaskin and was trying like crazy to get Ahmed last year.  I don't think it really had any bearing on the trade, Team A just offered to throw him in as part of the deal.  What team C really wanted was to move up from 2.11 to 2.07 and basically paid a 2023 2nd to do it.
Was the pick on the clock?  I wouldn't do that blindly hoping that some guy makes it to 2.07 for a draft in the coming weeks.  Moving up 4 picks before a draft even starts is nice to even out a bigger deal but it really doesn't make a lot of sense being the main target if the pick isn't currently on the clock.  

Was the pick on the clock?  I wouldn't do that blindly hoping that some guy makes it to 2.07 for a draft in the coming weeks.  Moving up 4 picks before a draft even starts is nice to even out a bigger deal but it really doesn't make a lot of sense being the main target if the pick isn't currently on the clock.  
Nope, draft isn't until August.  Team C said he wanted to get ahead of the guys that always cut his sack.

FFPC standard.

CMC and Michael Pittman.

For.

Ceedee Lamb and Terry Mclaurin
I could see the preference for both sides but would probably lean CMC/Pittman. Lamb is in a pivotal year for his value. If he doesn’t show he can be a number one guy this year he will fall down the rankings. With RB scarcity being real it would be hard to pass on CMC.

Off topic but because this is a pretty active network - what are the best companies/sites these days to scoop up vacant dynasty teams?  Haven't added a new team in a while.

I've had pretty good luck finding leagues on Twitter.  You'll need to follow @Football_Guys and @MyFantasyLeague as they tend to retweet a lot of folks looking for owners.  The "Looking for Leagues" forum here has been pretty hit/miss.

All that to say, the majority of leagues have already had a rookie draft for 2022 and most of the inactive owners have been culled and replaced.  It might be a bit more difficult between now and start of the season to find true dynasty leagues.

I've had pretty good luck finding leagues on Twitter.  You'll need to follow @Football_Guys and @MyFantasyLeague as they tend to retweet a lot of folks looking for owners.  The "Looking for Leagues" forum here has been pretty hit/miss.

All that to say, the majority of leagues have already had a rookie draft for 2022 and most of the inactive owners have been culled and replaced.  It might be a bit more difficult between now and start of the season to find true dynasty leagues.
FFPC has a pretty active “orphaned teams” web page listing dozens of available teams at all price ranges. And I think they give discounts for teams that were obviously not well maintained. 

Users who are viewing this thread