What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (24 Viewers)

12 team 1PPR 1QB

Gave:  Damien Harris, Claypool, 2024 1st

Got:  Tyreek Hill, 2023 2nd, 2023 3rd

Felt like this was a situation where I'm probably paying $1.50 for $1, but I'm only giving up $0.75 now and the other $0.75 isn't due for two more years.  I needed WR help badly and this was the only way I found to improve without spending 2022 or 2023 draft capital or giving up more at RB.  

12 team, Superflex, PPR, Bestball

Gave: Dak

Got: Two ‘23 1sts, Aiyuk

————————

This is the start up draft. I’d been trying to punt year 1 with no luck and got that offer in the inbox and took it. I thought it was fair. Another owner though it was light.

I like buying 1sts this far out. Alot can happen and one or both of these can become top 3 picks with some luck. Thoughts?
If you wanted to punt this is good value but I would also pay this if I felt I was 1 QB from being a true contender.  Dak is hard to replace in SF but 23 1sts are gold and Aiyuk isn't a slouch.  Might be a touch light for some SF fans but hard to get more.

How did it come to this for James Robinson. The Carter also faces competition from a touted prospect, yet has not proven himself nearly as much. Is the Achilles that big of a deal?
Simple answer is yes.  Achilles are a huge deal.  Although, Akers proved last year that it isn't as huge as it use to be maybe or he was the fluke but very few RBs come back from that injury right.

12 team 1PPR 1QB

Felt like this was a situation where I'm probably paying $1.50 for $1, but I'm only giving up $0.75 now and the other $0.75 isn't due for two more years.  I needed WR help badly and this was the only way I found to improve without spending 2022 or 2023 draft capital or giving up more at RB.  
I don't mind this trade for you.  Dame Harris is in a crowded backfield with a coach that won't commit, Claypool is on a team that doesn't give out 2nd contracts to WRs often plus an unproven QB, and 24 1st might not be more valuable than that 23 2nd in a crazy deep draft.  If that 2nd ends up a top 2-3 pick of the round this could be a steal.  Hill will help now and didn't give up anything that hurts.  THis is a move I'd have made.

12 team 1PPR 1QB

I don't really understand what the other guy is doing...even going from KC to Miami Hill is still a valuable asset with strong name value...Harris is solid and is a great depth RB but still unreliable for fantasy...Claypool is an enigma who I would not be targeting (especially in combo with Harris) if I am giving up an asset like Hill...the #1 is nice but it is two years away so that loses value and I see no need to have both the #2 and #3 included...if those picks were not included I could understand it a little more but with them I see no need to do this deal.  

If you wanted to punt this is good value but I would also pay this if I felt I was 1 QB from being a true contender.  Dak is hard to replace in SF but 23 1sts are gold and Aiyuk isn't a slouch.  Might be a touch light for some SF fans but hard to get more.

Agree with this...if I needed a QB I would do this deal as Dak is a big time player in that format and getting a QB at that level is never easy...the key is what does the team dealing Dak have at QB after that deal...without knowing that it is tough to comment on the return.

I don't really understand what the other guy is doing...even going from KC to Miami Hill is still a valuable asset with strong name value...Harris is solid and is a great depth RB but still unreliable for fantasy...Claypool is an enigma who I would not be targeting (especially in combo with Harris) if I am giving up an asset like Hill...the #1 is nice but it is two years away so that loses value and I see no need to have both the #2 and #3 included...if those picks were not included I could understand it a little more but with them I see no need to do this deal.  
I would definitely consider doing this deal myself. I have never played in a dynasty league where you could trade picks 2 years out, but I know a lot of people do. I know on paper the value of that 24 1st is lower this far out in time, but my experience is that it will hold value if you are patient. And it can still be flipped for considerable value nonetheless. I am a bigger Claypool fan than most, and I think Harris could still be a very useful back. I am very much in favor of selling as high as possible on Tyreek right now. But it would have to be pieces you believe in.

I would definitely consider doing this deal myself. I have never played in a dynasty league where you could trade picks 2 years out, but I know a lot of people do. I know on paper the value of that 24 1st is lower this far out in time, but my experience is that it will hold value if you are patient. And it can still be flipped for considerable value nonetheless. I am a bigger Claypool fan than most, and I think Harris could still be a very useful back. I am very much in favor of selling as high as possible on Tyreek right now. But it would have to be pieces you believe in.

I agree about Hill, now is probably your best bet to get a very good return...and Claypool is definitely the type of player that there could be very different opinions on...I am just not a fan of including those other two picks, especially the 2023 #2...this is the type of deal where I just feel you can do better but again, if you are a big fan of Claypool it makes far more sense.

Agree with this...if I needed a QB I would do this deal as Dak is a big time player in that format and getting a QB at that level is never easy...the key is what does the team dealing Dak have at QB after that deal...without knowing that it is tough to comment on the return.
I feel like Dak has been worth more in name than on the scoreboard since the injury. 

There’s word they want him to run more this year, but until I see him put up the kind of numbers he was on pace for his breakout/injury season, selling for 2x ‘23 1sts and Aiyuk is great return. 

I guess if a team is 1 QB away from contention it’s worth it, but it still feels like a bit of an overpay. 

I feel like Dak has been worth more in name than on the scoreboard since the injury. 

There’s word they want him to run more this year, but until I see him put up the kind of numbers he was on pace for his breakout/injury season, selling for 2x ‘23 1sts and Aiyuk is great return. 

I guess if a team is 1 QB away from contention it’s worth it, but it still feels like a bit of an overpay. 

I strongly disagree in the SF format...he is a legit top 10 QB (4,449/37 last year) in a fantasy-friendly offense who will be 29 in July which I consider somewhat young with how today's QBs are aging...in SF you have to give up a lot to get a QB and a real lot to get a big time QB...Aiyuk is solid but with the flood of WRs out there he is pretty replaceable...the two #1's are legit but if you need a QB you were probably going to have to use one on a QB in the 2023 draft that may or may not workout...this is not a small price to pay but it is well worth it in a 12 team SF format if you are in QB hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I strongly disagree in the SF format...he is a legit top 10 QB (4,449/37 last year) in a fantasy-friendly offense who will be 29 in July which I consider somewhat young with how today's QBs are aging...in SF you have to give up a lot to get a QB and a real lot to get a big time QB...Aiyuk is solid but with the flood of WRs out there he is pretty replaceable...the two #1's are legit but if you need a QB you were probably going to have to use one on a QB in the 2023 draft that may or may not workout...this is not a small price to pay but it is well worth it in a 12 team SF format if you are in QB hell.
I don’t disagree he’s top 10.

for 2x 1sts and Aiyuk he’d better be top 5.

That's my point. 

I don’t disagree he’s top 10.

for 2x 1sts and Aiyuk he’d better be top 5.

That's my point. 

I think he has that potential but realistically I don't think you are going to get Allen, Mahomes or Hebert (who are your best bet for top 5) for that package...after that you are looking at Dak, Lamar and Burrow as your best bets...Murray is still somewhat of a question mark, Wilson is a possibility but will also be 34 in November which is too old for my liking, Hurts is intriguing but no way do I roll the dice on him with that type of deal until he proves he is legit and after that everyone else has a question of either age, consistency or still being a little too raw...also, and this is probably the most important factor, there is probably only 1 or 2 teams in a 12 team SF that has the QB depth to even think about this type of deal...trading for a high-end QB in SF is very difficult (especially without another QB being involved) and you just don't have many options.

I believe he was QB7 last year wasn't he and had 37 TDs to only 10 Ints in what many consider a down year and he didn't run much at all due to the injury the year before.  He also missed 1 game.  I'd expect him to improve this year.

I agree about Hill, now is probably your best bet to get a very good return...and Claypool is definitely the type of player that there could be very different opinions on...I am just not a fan of including those other two picks, especially the 2023 #2...this is the type of deal where I just feel you can do better but again, if you are a big fan of Claypool it makes far more sense.
I was thinking that too, actually. Didn't necessarily need to add those other picks but it is the kind of thing that typically wouldn't stop me.

To be clear on my own thoughts above, I don't think Aiyuk and two 1st is an overpay for Dak - I think it is just about right. But in response to the original comment about a leaguemate suggesting it was light - I think it is closer to an overpay than being light. But really fair. 

To be clear on my own thoughts above, I don't think Aiyuk and two 1st is an overpay for Dak - I think it is just about right. But in response to the original comment about a leaguemate suggesting it was light - I think it is closer to an overpay than being light. But really fair. 

It is a fair deal and really one where roster construction dictates whether it is a good or bad move.

That’s probably where I’m at. it’s fair, and if Dak does addrushing to his game again, it’s going to be dead even.

FFPC 1QB

I gave A Jones/Godwin
I got M Sanders/Burks/2023 2nd(late)

My team is *probably* not competing this year but if it has any chance it needs another WR early in the season and this does that. I like Sanders more than most.

FFPC 1QB

I gave A Jones/Godwin

My team is *probably* not competing this year but if it has any chance it needs another WR early in the season and this does that. I like Sanders more than most.

Kind of an odd deal in that all 4 players are question marks as far as Dynasty goes...Jones will be 28 in December, Godwin is coming off of an ACL and Brady probably only has one year left in Tampa, Sanders is all over the place as far as his value and Burks is off to an interesting start in Tennessee...I would say what I don't like about it is your reasoning...if you are looking for a WR early to compete Burks is not who I would be targeting...other than that it is a fair deal that is dependent on how you feel about the players involved because there will be varying opinions on all 4 of them.

FFPC 1QB

I gave A Jones/Godwin

I'm not high on Sanders in that offense with that QB but seems fair if you are.  I do like Burks but things haven't looked great so far and he probably won't be great out of the blocks.  You could have done worse and if you are high on Sanders/Burks then probably ok but on paper I would like the other side personally.

Kind of an odd deal in that all 4 players are question marks as far as Dynasty goes...Jones will be 28 in December, Godwin is coming off of an ACL and Brady probably only has one year left in Tampa, Sanders is all over the place as far as his value and Burks is off to an interesting start in Tennessee...I would say what I don't like about it is your reasoning...if you are looking for a WR early to compete Burks is not who I would be targeting...other than that it is a fair deal that is dependent on how you feel about the players involved because there will be varying opinions on all 4 of them.
I'm not really actively looking for a player to compete early but I'm saying that could end up being a side benefit to the deal. There is a path to early season points that Godwin won't be giving me IMO. I am not worried about Burks and this offseason asthma narrative. I am worried how it affects his ability to get reps and so yes that early season production is questionable but really not a central part of my reasoning. More of an aside. 

12 team, Superflex, PPR, Bestball

Gave: Dak

Got: Two ‘23 1sts, Aiyuk

————————

This is the start up draft. I’d been trying to punt year 1 with no luck and got that offer in the inbox and took it. I thought it was fair. Another owner though it was light.

I like buying 1sts this far out. Alot can happen and one or both of these can become top 3 picks with some luck. Thoughts?
Seems fair to me, but I could personally never give up two 23’ 1sts and a player like Aiyuk for Dak, SF or not. 

12 Team PPR

Keenan Allen and a 2023 2nd (projected 16-20 overall)

for 

Parris Campbell and a 2023 1st. (Projected 3-7 overall, possibly 1st if they win toilet bowl. 

SF Best Ball FFPC.  Not involved. 

Team A: Herbert

Team B: Mahomes, Goff, late 2nd

Team A is in win now.  Not sure what they are doing though.  

Collusion? Why else would someone make a lateral move (at best) from Mahomes to Herbert AND give up a 2nd QB in superflex AND throw in a 2nd rounder. 

What the what? That’s one of the most bizarre trades I’ve ever seen.

Of anything the Herbert side would need the extra pieces. 

This makes zero sense to me. 

12 Team PPR

Keenan Allen and a 2023 2nd (projected 16-20 overall)

for 

Parris Campbell and a 2023 1st. (Projected 3-7 overall, possibly 1st if they win toilet bowl. 
Gimme that sweet 2023 1st. 

That said, 3-7 is a huge range of value. That could dramatically swing, depending. 

Still - Allen is 30, and I’m not big on investing in 30 year olds. That there’s potential for 1.01 clinches it.

What the what? That’s one of the most bizarre trades I’ve ever seen.

Of anything the Herbert side would need the extra pieces. 

This makes zero sense to me. 
Of note.  Team A now has Herbert, Kyler and Mac Jones.  Team B went from Lamar and Herbert to Lamar Mahomes and Goff.  Team B also just traded away Aaron Rodgers as a win now team.  Team B is a new owner.  Smells fishy.  I objected to the trade.  

Of note.  Team A now has Herbert, Kyler and Mac Jones.  Team B went from Lamar and Herbert to Lamar Mahomes and Goff.  Team B also just traded away Aaron Rodgers as a win now team.  Team B is a new owner.  Smells fishy.  I objected to the trade.  
Even less reason to do it. Zero sense. 

I think it's perfectly reasonable to come to the opinion that you prefer Herbert over Mahomes and  even coming to an opinion you would willing to put a little on top of it to get Herbert. But a little pinch at most, this is just way to heavy to get your guy even if you feel that way.

I'm curious. Did the team acquiring Herbert have Williams/Allen? Did they pay this price for a stack?

I think it's perfectly reasonable to come to the opinion that you prefer Herbert over Mahomes and  even coming to an opinion you would willing to put a little on top of it to get Herbert. But a little pinch at most, this is just way to heavy to get your guy even if you feel that way.
I was trying to do the mental gymnastics to make it work and that was sort of where I landed - but I agree. That’s like “give a 2nd on top of Mahomes to get Herbert because he’s your guy”

Giving a whole other viable QB in SF is madness. 

Even less reason to do it. Zero sense. 
The guy obviously loves Herbert. Goff was QB4 and easy to throw in as was the late 2nd rounder. Rodgers means nothing as he had Mahomes, Rodgers, Murray, Jones and Goff to start. If you love a certain player, and you give away pieces that really don’t impact team. Why not

i traded for Mahomes this off season to pair with Allen and love Herbert and own Goff as my #4 QB also but no way I am doing deal. I would want a little extra coming my way. Goff is nice insurance as #3 QB is Trey Lance. Interesting is Rodgers was part of the package for Mahomes. 

Just don’t see collusion or any reason to veto the trade. Seems to me the Herbert owner leveraged a big hard on. 

I'm curious. Did the team acquiring Herbert have Williams/Allen? Did they pay this price for a stack?
My thoughts exactly.  No stacking for either side.  

I'm an Oregon fan and don't get this.  You would have to be a huge Chargers homer to include anything with Mahomes for him.  Let alone another QB and a 2nd.  Wow.  This is bad.

16 team PPR SF TE-P, full IDP 50-man rosters 

Took over an abandoned team. Kinda thin at RB (Hall/Swift/Robinson (hurt)/Kelly/bunch of crap) so I figured I’d try to improve around the edges. I’m pretty deep at WR, so felt this made sense. 

I gave: Kendrick Bourne

i got: Chris Evans

I think Evans takes over for Perine sooner than later, and he flashed pretty well last year. I’ve heard deals are rare in this league, so felt good getting one done. Not a blockbuster, but feels like a good depth move in a league where depth isn’t a luxury. 

Nope, but a good chess piece move as you set up for the season and try and cover for possible injuries. 
Yeah. Possible BYE week coverage, too. If he ends up supplanting Perine as the receiving back he could have a little breakout.

In a 16 teamer, I feel like players like this are underrated. Everyone wants to make blockbuster deals and they just don’t get done in this format. I feel like this was a win-win as my opponent lacked receiving depth, and I’m looking forward to hurdling in the draft. 

16 team PPR SF TE-P, full IDP 50-man rosters 

Took over an abandoned team. Kinda thin at RB (Hall/Swift/Kelly/bunch of crap) so I figured I’d try to improve around the edges. I’m pretty deep at WR, so felt this made sense. 

I gave: Kendrick Bourne

i got: Chris Evans

I think Evans takes over for Perine sooner than later, and he flashed pretty well last year. I’ve heard deals are rare in this league, so felt good getting one done. Not a blockbuster, but feels like a good depth move in a league where depth isn’t a luxury. 
I honestly have no clue what the other team sees in this deal.
The upside/potential/path to relevance for Evans is thin but obvious, whereas Bourne is literally a dime a dozen and replaceable. I don’t play in 16 team or IDP dynasty leagues, so maybe I’m miscalculating value here, but the other team gave away a young RB with some kind of potential “for free”, imo. 

I honestly have no clue what the other team sees in this deal.
The upside/potential/path to relevance for Evans is thin but obvious, whereas Bourne is literally a dime a dozen and replaceable. I don’t play in 16 team or IDP dynasty leagues, so maybe I’m miscalculating value here, but the other team gave away a young RB with some kind of potential “for free”, imo. 
No, in a 16 team, 50 man roster league, the other team got a viable depth piece at WR. Bourne isn’t special, but he’s a decent BYE week player at WR or Flex. 

Remember, there are 800 players rostered, plus another up to 10 on a taxi squad, so ~900 players rostered total. 

Trade calcs had it about even, and this happened to be the one team that was 5 RB deep before Evans, and only had 6 WR total. 

In a 12-teamer you can’t give away Bourne, save for maybe a pot-sweetener/toss-in. In this format he has value. 

Users who are viewing this thread