What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

Lol. Fair enough. I only play in two dynasty leagues. That's enough for me. I already gave up Javonte for Hall plus some. We'll see how that works out. 

If I played in ten leagues, and had seven Javontes, I'd probably do a 5-2 or 4-3 split. Javonte runs tough, but his style is contact-inducing, which screams injuries, and Hall has the chunk plays and breakaway speed that I appreciate. Williams has never, ever been a bell cow, college and pro. Hall has. So those are the things I think of. But it's sort of a wing and a prayer with Hall, because from what I've seen, his big thing is going to be how he reacts to the sick contact of the pros. I wouldn't divest myself totally of Williams in the event I had many shares in many leagues. 
I mean as a bigger picture situation this should be true of any player that you are higher on than the consensus vs another player.  Trust your evaluations and put your money where your mouth is (not you in particular, but you in the general sense).  

I mean as a bigger picture situation this should be true of any player that you are higher on than the consensus vs another player.  Trust your evaluations and put your money where your mouth is (not you in particular, but you in the general sense).  
True. Thanks for the advice.  :hifive: That's how one would beat the market. I use consensus to keep a check on my more fanciful opinions. When I've found myself straying a bit far from it, I've gotten burned. 

But I see what you're saying. I always use consensus and market value when things are disparate, though. And I'm always trying to trade at market value unless I really know something is up. 

12 Team superflex, multiple trades, hopefully you can follow this madness leading up to and during the draft ( team A is same team throughout)

deal 1

Team A gives- Fields, Z wilson, 1.09

Team B gives - Lance, 1.05

deal #2 (previously shared in this thread I believe)

Team A gives- ETN, 1.07, J.Palmer

Team C (me) gives- 1.03, 1.11,  Ogumbawale (was going to be cut to make room)

deal #3

Team A gives- Lance, Kmet, 1.11

Team D gives- Pitts, 2.01, 3.07

deal #4

Team A gives- Pitts

Team E gives- Friermuth, 2.02, 23 1st

deal #5

Team A gives - G. Wilson, 2.04

Team F gives - London, 3.01

deal #6

Team A gives - Jahan Dotson, V Jefferson, Friermuth

Team G gives - Toney, Christian Watson, Njoku

What is this silliness ??

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team PPR dynasty 

Gave: Shepard

Got: 4.10 rookie pick and then drafted Willis 

The QBs on my roster are aging vets (Stafford, Cousins) so I felt that was worth a shot moving end of bench WR to get Willis for 2023 and beyond.  :shrug:

12 team non-ppr superflex. 

Gave away K. Toney and I. Spiller for M. Thomas and Pierre Strong. 

Felt like I was getting value and my team (won the league last year) is probably only going to be good for the remainder of Aaron Rodgers' career so I'm trying to repeat and Michael Thomas seems the most prime to contribute this year. Of course, he may not play at all so who knows. 

12 Team superflex, multiple trades, hopefully you can follow this madness leading up to and during the draft ( team A is same team throughout)

deal 1

deal #3

deal #4

Team A gives- Pitts

deal #5

deal #6

Here is what it comes down to (with maybe some overlap because I assume some of those 1.xx picks were used for players that ended up moving).  If you can fill in the picks with who was taken that might simplify it down a bit more too. 

Team A gets:

• 2023 1st
  • London
  • Toney
  • Watson
  • Njoku
  • Ogunbawale
for

• Fields
  • Z Wilson
  • ETN
  • G. Wilson
  • Dotson
  • Palmer
  • V. Jefferson
  • Kmet

I think I much rather get what he gave away especially in a SF

Here is what it comes down to (with maybe some overlap because I assume some of those 1.xx picks were used for players that ended up moving).  If you can fill in the picks with who was taken that might simplify it down a bit more too. 

Team A gets:

• 2023 1st
  • London
  • Toney
  • Watson
  • Njoku
  • Ogunbawale
for

• Fields
  • Z Wilson
  • ETN
  • G. Wilson
  • Dotson
  • Palmer
  • V. Jefferson
  • Kmet

I think I much rather get what he gave away especially in a SF
yeah some of those picks were used, for example;

he used the 1.03 was Burks, 1.05 on wilson , Dotson, he used the 2.01, 3.01 he took Allgier, 3.07 Shakir

Guy is in a total overhaul, gave away multiple top 50 assets for arguably top 25 and better assets and then moved those for worse assets

yeah some of those picks were used, for example;

he used the 1.03 was Burks, 1.05 on wilson , Dotson, he used the 2.01, 3.01 he took Allgier, 3.07 Shakir

Guy is in a total overhaul, gave away multiple top 50 assets for arguably top 25 and better assets and then moved those for worse assets
Right so you could remove 2.01 and Dotson as they are on both lists.  You can remove 1.05 and Wilson as they are on both lists.  So it becomes:

Team A gets:

• 1.03 (Burks)
  • 3.01 (Allgeier)
  • 3.07 (Shakir)
  • 2023 1st
  • London
  • Toney
  • Watson
  • Njoku
  • Ogunbawale
for

• Fields
  • Z Wilson
  • ETN
  • Palmer
  • V. Jefferson
  • Kmet

Right so you could remove 2.01 and Dotson as they are on both lists.  You can remove 1.05 and Wilson as they are on both lists.  So it becomes:

Team A gets:

• 1.03 (Burks)
  • 3.01 (Allgeier)
  • 3.07 (Shakir)
  • 2023 1st
  • London
  • Toney
  • Watson
  • Njoku
  • Ogunbawale
for

• Fields
  • Z Wilson
  • ETN
  • Palmer
  • V. Jefferson
  • Kmet
yeah, not sure how to quantify the value of acquiring lance and pitts, and then moving them into this, but thats basically the net gain

yeah, not sure how to quantify the value of acquiring lance and pitts, and then moving them into this, but thats basically the net gain
I mean the acquiring them and moving them means they are a wash in an amongst themselves however since it appears they lost on both acquiring them and then selling them they basically just gave value away for nothing on both ends.  Really a bizarre chain of events.  

deal 1

deal #3

deal #4

Team A gives- Pitts

deal #5

deal #6

Should have stopped after Trade #3 where he acquired Pitts

12 team PPR dynasty 

Gave: Shepard

Got: 4.10 rookie pick and then drafted Willis 

The QBs on my roster are aging vets (Stafford, Cousins) so I felt that was worth a shot moving end of bench WR to get Willis for 2023 and beyond.  :shrug:
I tried so hard to move Shepard on my rebuilding team leading up to our draft, and at the draft. No takers. I eventually just had to drop him because I don’t want his potential points jeopardizing me getting the 1.01 next year. So nice work getting anything for him. 

I was able to at least get a 2023 3rd for Golladay. 

Should have stopped after Trade #3 where he acquired Pitts
I have an offer from the owner in my inbox right now, it ties this whole thing together haha.

So my deal with him, I acquired ETN.

He now wants to send me Toney/C. Watson for ETN ....

Who are your current QBs?  This is the league with roster limits, right?
Yeah FFPC cuts down to 14 skill positions in March. 18 in season. I have Winston and Mills now. It is thin but that is the way I like to play SF until/unless I have studs in those spots and in this one I need WRs (which I typically don't). Ryan is a guy I've been wanting to move. I am hoping I am wrong about him for the sake of my Pittman shares but he looked really bad to me in Atlanta last year. I don't know if it is because they were garbage and he was just mailing it in and he will have a resurgence in Indy but gimme Toney and the pick. 

Per DLF, I've got Javonte at 1.11 and Hall at 1.13. What source are you using? 
Are these real drafts that people pay money to play in or all their mock drafts that they always use to site their ADP by "experts".  I have to say people who do mock drafts and call themselves experts hold zero weight with me. 

I want data from real money players who are playing for something and not mocking up a team they will never look at again.

FFPC data rules the roost on this one.

FFPC SuperFlex

I gave Matt Ryan
I got Toney, 2023 3rd
On paper, I like the move even though I'm really low on Toney.  I'd rather let them keep Toney and just taken a mid 2023 2nd or something.  With being light at QB though, I think I wouldn't have made this trade in SF.  Only have Winston who is still limping right now and Mills who still didn't completely take control of that team last year.  Seems like a rough SF season. 

Matty Ice didn't look great but that team was bad when Gage and Zacchaeus were his best WRs, Patterson was his best RB, and they had no line.  Can't really blame him for how he looked there last year.  Indy is a hole different animal.  I get wanting out though.  Just not in this circumstance for that WR.

I don't hate it based on the OPs QB situation. Winston ought to be a serviceable bridge QB for this season, after that he'll get some clarity on Mills, and then dependent on rosters, can use the 2023 draft to fill out a position of need. Getting a bit of extra draft capital can't hurt in that respect

Jonesin For Some Football said:
On paper, I like the move even though I'm really low on Toney.  I'd rather let them keep Toney and just taken a mid 2023 2nd or something.  With being light at QB though, I think I wouldn't have made this trade in SF.  Only have Winston who is still limping right now and Mills who still didn't completely take control of that team last year.  Seems like a rough SF season. 
Meh. To quote Lisa Simpson, M-E-H spells meh. This is the thing - I'm only starting one QB each week in most cases where I don't have two elite options. If I hadn't made this trade, this would still be true. I *might* have started Winston and Ryan together in some weeks, but the idea is that if I have 3 mediocre options I really have zero. So what difference does it make if I have only 2 instead of 3? In my experience I will find another 3rd option inseason. On this team I would rather start my 3rd RBs, ETN or CEH or Mitchell (I have CMC and Ekeler as 1/2) than a 2nd QB. Or I would rather start a 3rd stud WR (on most of my SF teams this is an absolute stud, like Tyreek in one case or the likes of Pittman/McLaurin in others) if I have one. A middle or lower tier QB can still outscore those guys, but it isn't a given and I just don't feel like a third bottom rung QB option gives me any extra value week-to-week. And an older option like Ryan also is a problem for the March roster/cutdown perspective. I will definitely never get a better deal for him.

I did manage to sell the oldest of the 3, and IMO Winston is entering his prime and will take the reigns as the starter in New Orleans for the forseeable future. He still has some time to go in his recovery, though. And IMO Mills absolutely took over the job late last year and looked good. Lovie Smith is a dinosaur and will stay with him (in 2022 anyway). 

From a production standpoint, nothing has changed for me at the QB position unless Matt Ryan absolutely tears it up, which is definitely possible, but even if so it is mitigated by the potential emergence of Toney. Who I have some belief in but if I didn't I certainly wouldn't have made the deal. I actually do need a 3rd WR on this particular squad and so now IMO I will have depth where I need it instead of where I don't. 

But dude accepted the offer really quick so I think it is fair to say maybe I could have got a 2nd with Toney instead of the 3rd. 

Recent Bateman and Corral news has me thinking back to this trade I made during our dispersal draft:

I traded into the draft with Rashod Bateman (pre-NFL draft / pre-Hollywood Brown trade)

for two dispersal picks that ended up being:

Rookie draft pick used on TreVeyon Henderson ('24)   :football:

Matt Corral (it's a SF league and this was pre-NFL Draft QB Armageddon)   :wall:

I like having TreVeyon but Bateman would have helped alot more this year.

Team A:  Lamb & A Cooper

Team B:  T Higgins & McLaurin
This one's interesting.  It's two good guys for two good guys all at the same position. 

Who's most valuable?  Probably Lamb but I'm not sure he deserves to be.  I guess Lamb has the higher ceiling and Higgins the higher floor?  

McLaurin is still a little younger than Amari but he's in a messy contract situation.  Cooper might not have a real quarterback this year, Terry has... whatever you want to call Wentz. 

I think i like the Lamb Cooper side but it's that rarest of deals where each side has the guys they got a little higher than their trade partner.  Fun. 

For the 1st time in my league history, not one first round trade was made through 10 picks.

not for lack of trying. Several sellers. Zero buyers. 

Lamb>Higgins by a little bit

McLaurin>Cooper by more.  

I think I'd go Higgins/McLaurin here
The stage is set for Lamb to take it to another level as there are lots of vacated targets in Dallas and the Cowboys offensive pace of play is among the fastest in the league.  Higgins will always be behind Chase but there is something to be said for Chase commanding more defensive attention.   I like Lamb over Higgins by a wider margin than you...

Agree on McLaurin/Cooper.  Overall, I'll take the Lamb side but this is a pretty even deal. 

Wow!

I'm on the verge of offering him up for 2.01 in this year's draft.  Feels more and more like a sinking ship and want to be out of it before it's too late.  
Some people can't wait for 2+ years to get their payoff, or value the assets they have that won't mature until then.

12 team, 1 QB, .5 PPR, had our draft last night and had a few trades during with all different teams:

1.05 (Garrett Wilson)

24 6th (will be late)

for

23 2nd (should be 13-16)

24 1st (playoff team)

24 3rd (playoff team)

1.12 (Jameson Williams)

for

2.09 (Keantay Ingram)

3.01 (Romeo Doubs

2.06 (Trey McBride)

for

KJ Osborn

2.11 (Kenny Pickett)

for

23 2nd (playoff team)

23 3rd (non-playoff team)

And a bunch of later ones that don't really matter.

I'll take 1.12 by a lot even before setting who slipped to 1.12 and the guys who got drafted too early at 2 9 and 3.1.  Terrible.  
I totally agreed.  I wanted to move up to 1.12 bad but didn't have the picks to do it.  I guess he really wanted Ingram/Doubs coming in so was fine with it.  Most people at my draft were way low on Williams.

Agreed.  I'd definitely take any 1st over him.  Which players went where in your 1st round?  We just had our draft last night.
I know you weren’t asking me but we just had ours last weekend. 

1.01- Breece

1.02- Walker

1.03- Jameson

1.04- Olave

1.05- Drake

1.06- Wilson

1.07- Cook

1.08- Treylon

1.09- Pickens

1.10- Pickett

2QB league. The same guy drafted Jameson, Olave, Wilson, Treylon and Pickens. 

I feel getting a 1st for CEH is a win right now.
CEH is polarizing. The ceiling hasn't been there. But he's been hurt a lot. I expect a CEH bounce back relative to his current value. He hasn't been healthy and KC was loaded. He's going to eat in PPR leagues if he stays healthy (high RB2, low RB1. RB1 if he gets goal line work). 

12 Team, BBall, Superflex, ppr

Gave: Najee, ASB

Got: B. Hall, Bateman

---------------------------------------------

Close one. I'm taking the higher variance side since Hall/Bateman aren't proven. I had one Najee share left and like consolidating players. Hall is 3 years younger, is going to an up and coming team, and passes the eye test. I prefer Bateman to ASB by a decent margin but won't be surprised if they produce similarly over their careers. I expect most will prefer the Najee side 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread