What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

12 Team 1 QB PPR -->  I am starting year 2 of complete rebuild

I gave up:   

Clev QB D Watson

Det WR Amon-Ra St Brown

LAR WR Van Jefferson

5.03 and 2023 3rd (early)

I got back:

Was WR Terry McLaurin

Ind WR Parris Campbell

1.12, 3.05 & 2023 3rd (early)

How I see it: 

Amon-Ra & Van J for McLaurin

Watson for 1.12, 3.05

Parris, exchanged 3rds & 5.03 negligible

We can start 5 WR and I think the value between Scary Terry & Amon-Ra is more than worth it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some follow up on this, the other team ended up trading away my 2023 1st for the 2.02 OTC, so this trade ended up being:

Gave: George Pickens, Dameon Pierce

Got: Davante Adams
Your trade was what it was.... not this because your trade partner moved the acquired 2023 first.  Presume you wouldn't have moved a future 1st for the 2.02

Not involved....  12 Team 1QB ppr  Rookie Draft underway ... 

Same Team I traded with above Watson / McLaurin deal gave up:  DK Metcalf & 3.12 

In return he received Stefon Diggs & 2023 2nd (likely mid-late) & TE Ertz

Rookie Draft so far:

1.01 Hall NYJ RB

1.02 Walker Sea RB

1.03 London ATL WR

1.04 Burks Ten WR

1.05 Wilson NYJ WR

Really annoyed with the league I'm in. All except for a couple teams send me the worst trade offers ever. Wish I could block certain teams from sending any offers. 

Really annoyed with the league I'm in. All except for a couple teams send me the worst trade offers ever. Wish I could block certain teams from sending any offers. 
I hate when there's leagues like this. Makes you focus elsewhere because it just doesn't seem worth it. You send them a trade that honestly works for both sides or even favors them a hair and because they aren't stealing from you, they get offended.

dipandglide said:
14 teams, SF, start two TE (TE 1.75 PPR)

Gave: 1.05, Aiyuk

Got: B. Hall, 3.01

---------------------------------

I'm pulling the parachute on Aiyuk. I don't see anything more than WR3 type years. I'll take the young, possible workhorse over the WR's at 1.05. 
I'd take Hall all day with this personally.  I'm a Niner fan and Aiyuk just doesn't do it for me.  I don't see a player that can ever be a WR1.  Plus, in this weak draft you would have got a WR at 1.05.  If you have a need a RB especially, this was a good move.

mcintyre1 said:
16 Team PPR IDP TE Premium best ball league:

Gave: 1.14, 2023 1st
Got: Davante Adams

Means I basically have to ride out the rest of his career as I'll never get decent value trading him away, but my team is setup well to contend for another couple years so it felt like a deal I should take.
Adams will most likely die on your roster but if you are competing that is ok.  1.14 and if your team is good another late 1st is not a ton to give up for Adams.  Would prefer if we knew what he looked like in Vegas but I have no problem with this type of deal.  I don't play IDP though so value picks a little differently as I know those later ones do have a little more value.

I take the players hear easily and get being down on Smith as I have always been due to size and now AJB is there too.  I can kind of see it.  How does Hill only go for 1.07.  That feels like an incredible sell low.
yeah I thought they were both pretty bad.   I don’t know how you trade hill for 1.07.  And I don’t know how you draft smith last year and after his rookie season you flip him for 1.08

i would take both players over 1.01 this year, and pretty easily too

12 team ppr, our rookie draft hasn't started yet

gave 1.03

got 1.06, 2.10. 2023 2nd (don't think a playoff team) and T Wallace

i think i am one year away from competing unless Dobbins has a great year, so i kicked the can one more year down the road

gave 1.03

i think i am one year away from competing unless Dobbins has a great year, so i kicked the can one more year down the road
Nice trade for you imo. 

yeah I thought they were both pretty bad.   I don’t know how you trade hill for 1.07.  And I don’t know how you draft smith last year and after his rookie season you flip him for 1.08

I don't know if I agree with that as I like Hall a lot.  Plus, RBs are much harder to come by.  I also am not really high on Smith.  Hill, I'd probably take over 1.02 if I was ready to win now.  I could understand giving Smith for 1.03 or 1.04 so you have your pick of those WRs or at least stay in the top tier.  Hurts is not good for his value, he is undersized, and AJB just got traded there.

gave 1.03

I think there isn't much difference between 1.03 and 1.06 so this was a good move.  Someone taking the higher ranked guy earlier could end up helping you get the better player in the long run.  Getting 2 2nds (one in a deep draft) and a flier is a good add.

I recently did the same thing trading 1.03 and a 2023 4th for 1.05 and a 2023 2nd that should be in the top 4 of the round so you probably got a better deal but where that 2nd ends up will matter.  I'm looking at moving 1.05 for a similar move as well.

No on the bolded (in FFPC anyway). Holding mediocre or bottom tier QBs comes at the expense of rostering possible studs at other positions, which means you can get these guys for much cheaper and don't need to spend this kind of capital to get them. I know you are saying you don't like the deal either, but it doesn't have to be as a result of lack of QB depth on their roster. It can just be because they are bad.

Nobody made them make this move. I just got Mariota in three SF rookie/FA drafts in the 3rd thru 5th rounds. Got Lock, Trubisky, Darnold in that same range. Bottom tier guys but they can be had. Again, because FFPC FA pool is deep. Somebody even dropped Brady in a SF. He went 1.08. 

You can also pick up backup QBs off waivers that are just as productive when the starter gets hurt/benched. Not the incoming rookies but the Huntleys and Minshews of the world. 

TLDR nobody needs to spend this much on Mariota. But I also think 2.04 is potentially much more valuable than is being given credit here.

12 team superflex

1.07 + Davis Mills

for

Deebo

Along these same lines:

FFPC TriFlex Superflex

Gave: Davis Mills

Got: Courtland Sutton

He originally offered Mike Williams, and I countered with Sutton. I think some places have Williams higher than Sutton, but I like Sutton more. (FFPC startup ADP has Sutton as WR33 and Williams as WR35, so basically even.) Regardless, both WRs are almost universally ranked higher than Mills, and the other guy knew it, but apparently he was pretty desperate. 

No way you are taking D Smith over 1.01 this year.  Not a chance.  Tyreek over 1.01 ?  Maybe but not for me.

No way you are taking D Smith over 1.01 this year.  Not a chance.  Tyreek over 1.01 ?  Maybe but not for me.
ok thank you for telling me what I think lol

i think hall is a mediocre prospect and would take both over him. I also think taking any wr from this class over either hill or smith is foolish

i think hall is a mediocre prospect and would take both over him. I also think taking any wr from this class over either hill or smith is foolish

If that is what you think then you should take the 1.01 then trade it for a much higher valued player than D Smith is currently valued.

What did Smith do his rookie year that makes you think he is special?  Also, adding AJ Brown isn't making his immediate future bright.  Not like Philly is going to be throwing the ball all over the place this year.

What did Smith do his rookie year that makes you think he is special?  Also, adding AJ Brown isn't making his immediate future bright.  Not like Philly is going to be throwing the ball all over the place this year.
He was a top ten pick that put up 65 for 915 and 5.  He passed the eye test.   Likely would have had even better stats if not for hurts, who I fully expect to be gone after this season. 

Any wr from this class will have equal or lesser draft capital and we have no idea if they can play at the nfl level.  Smith can. I think making that swap and trying to hit on another rookie wr is a losing proposition in the long run

14 team SF 0.5 PPR

Gave up David Montgomery and a 23 3rd

Got 23 1st and Mostert

12 tm sf

Gave Dotson and C Watson

Got Montgomery Mattison and a 23 4th

12 tm sf

gave 1.11

got keenan allen

12 tm sf

gave Aiyuk 1.11 4.06 and 5.06

got cooper kupp

Any wr from this class will have equal or lesser draft capital and we have no idea if they can play at the nfl level.  Smith can. I think making that swap and trying to hit on another rookie wr is a losing proposition in the long run
I thought we were referencing the 1.01 v. D. Smith?  

You are right.  We do not know how any rookie is going to perform in the NFL, but with that thought process why wouldn't you farm out every pick you have for a guy who has 900 yards and 5 TD's?  Hell, I'll sell you Diontae Johnson for your 1.01 in '22 and your 2023 first round pick.  I mean, the guy had 107 catches, 1100 yards and 8 TD's - that has to sound pretty tantilizing?  I'm just busting your balls.  

In all seriousness - if you value D. Smith at the 1.01 - where do you value guys like AJ Brown?  DK Metcalf?  I think D. Smith has less upside than Breece Hall and you have to factor in positional scarcity.  I'd even take Drake London or Garrett Wilson over Smith, because I think their upside and situation is more clear than Smith's. 

14 team SF 0.5 PPR

Got 23 1st and Mostert

12 tm sf

Gave Dotson and C Watson

12 tm sf

gave 1.11

got keenan allen

12 tm sf

got cooper kupp
I like the first trade - think Mostert will be the apple of McDaniel's eye.

Don't like acquiring Montgomery - think he is in a bad offense and going to be replaced by Herbert when the offense gets going, but if he is your guy - I think it is a fair trade.

I think the Keenan Allen for 1.11 is about even - assume you are in win now?  Keenan isn't getting any younger, but I am not high on the draft picks after 1.06.  

Love the trade you put together for Cooper Kupp and am surprised you were able to get the deal done, because that seems light for Kupp.  Congrats!

14 team SF 0.5 PPR

Got 23 1st and Mostert
Probably a fair value cash-out on Monty, but I don’t expect a ton from Mostert. If you had the depth to deal Monty, it’s not bad. 

12 tm sf

Gave Dotson and C Watson

Probably a decent buy-low on Monty. 

12 tm sf

gave 1.11

got keenan allen
Allen side, pretty easily for me. 

12 tm sf

got cooper kupp
Feels like a bit of an overpay for Kupp, but I could see doing it. Hopefully he’s still playing at this level at 30. You’re definitely paying for last year’s stats though. 

Along these same lines:

FFPC TriFlex Superflex

Gave: Davis Mills

Got: Courtland Sutton

He originally offered Mike Williams, and I countered with Sutton. I think some places have Williams higher than Sutton, but I like Sutton more. (FFPC startup ADP has Sutton as WR33 and Williams as WR35, so basically even.) Regardless, both WRs are almost universally ranked higher than Mills, and the other guy knew it, but apparently he was pretty desperate. 
I'd have taken this as well for Mills if I had the QB depth.  I like Mike Williams over Sutton personally but its a coin flip and all a matter of preference.

Hill is better than any WR in this draft but is getting closer to that 30 range and now playing with a QB that can't push the ball downfield all that well (I will say that I think he doesn't drop off as much as many think he does though).  Smith was average last year, has a true WR1 in town now, and a QB that can't throw the ball all that well.  Not sure why you put Smith on this pedestal.  I think I would take at least 2 WRs over him in this draft.

14 team SF 0.5 PPR

Got 23 1st and Mostert

12 tm sf

Gave Dotson and C Watson

12 tm sf

gave 1.11

got keenan allen

12 tm sf

got cooper kupp
I'd take Monty/23 3rd over Mostert/23 1st but I do like Monty a lot.  I also love getting as much of the 23 1st pie as possible but starting RBs of that talent are hard to come by and he isn't old.  I could see both sides of this though and is pretty fair.

I'd take the Monty side of the 2nd deal as well as I'm not sold on those rookie WRs in this draft at all but I get wanting the dart throws.  Just feels light for Monty and Mattison who is one injury away from a RB1 as one of the best cuffs in the league.

I'd take Allen all day in this weak draft but I get selling him if you are going to compete.  That feels like a great win now move.

I am a Niner fan that isn't really high on Aiyuk so I feel like this was a steal for Kupp.  I do think we just saw the best year we will ever see from Kupp and regression is coming but he will still be a stud and I know for a fact that he wouldn't go for that cheap in my league.  You gave a WR that at best may not be a top 20 WR, one of the last 1sts in a weak draft, and 2 late picks that mean almost nothing for what could be the best WR in the league for another year or so before he starts to fade.

12 team deep bench superflex

gave: Wentz

got: Toney, Corey Davis

Dart throws here at WR for a QB I'm not high on.  At all.

SF that feels low. While you’re not high on Wentz, someone in your league might be. 
For me it depends on what you have at QB left over after giving up Wentz.  If he is your QB4 (as he should be) then I have no problem with this deal.  I would agree that shopping him around might have yielded a bit better of a return but depending on what you think of Toney & Davis maybe not.  Those are some high upside guys although they have pretty rock bottom floor's as well.  

For me it depends on what you have at QB left over after giving up Wentz.  If he is your QB4 (as he should be) then I have no problem with this deal.  I would agree that shopping him around might have yielded a bit better of a return but depending on what you think of Toney & Davis maybe not.  Those are some high upside guys although they have pretty rock bottom floor's as well.  
And what you “should” get vs what you can actually get in a real league are 2 totally different things. I imagine there might be only 1 or 2 owners in a league who even care to roster Wentz, so you gotta get the best you can from the tiny market you have available. 

And what you “should” get vs what you can actually get in a real league are 2 totally different things. I imagine there might be only 1 or 2 owners in a league who even care to roster Wentz, so you gotta get the best you can from the tiny market you have available. 
Yep.....as they say, it takes two to tango

He was a top ten pick that put up 65 for 915 and 5.  He passed the eye test.   Likely would have had even better stats if not for hurts, who I fully expect to be gone after this season

I agree with everything you are saying here but I'm concerned Hurts could linger for 2 more seasons.

In SF that seems somewhat  inaccurate. The mere possibility that Washington turns him back into the player he once was makes him the king of the QB2s.

Guys like Marcus Mariotta are commanding decent trade value. Superflex changes everything. Demand for a starting QB in SF is never tiny. 

He was a top ten pick that put up 65 for 915 and 5.  He passed the eye test.   Likely would have had even better stats if not for hurts, who I fully expect to be gone after this season. 

Smith was solid his rookie year.  My question was why you thought he looked "special".   He better be special if you are trading the #1 overall away.  Chase looked special and Jefferson looked special.  Smith looked good, but he was also the only decent WR they had to throw to.  Now they have AJ Brown for the long term.  Not great for Smith's value to have an alpha WR in an offense that is balanced.  

Sorry, but Smith isn't worth the #1 overall this year.  Several WRs I would take over him as well despite them not having proved themselves yet in the NFL.

In SF that seems somewhat  inaccurate. The mere possibility that Washington turns him back into the player he once was makes him the king of the QB2s.

Guys like Marcus Mariotta are commanding decent trade value. Superflex changes everything. Demand for a starting QB in SF is never tiny. 
Wentz had that chance in Indy.  It is telling that Indy traded him as soon as they could and signed a 37YO as a stop-gap.  Quick, name 2 QBs who've had much success on their 3rd team (Fitzmagic aside).  I'll stop the rant on Wentz now, but it appears he's at best a stop-gap for WAS until they can draft one in 2023.

Superflex does inflate the value of mediocre to bad QBs, that is for sure.  That said, @joey is correct.  The value is what you can get in return, not what is perceived.

If you don't play SF, especially deep bench SF, it's often hard to get a feel for how QBs are valued.

Rookie Draft underway ...  1.11 OTC and he offered me the following (which I accepted)

I gave up:  1.12 

I received:  Min TE Irv Smith and 2023 2nd 

Current TE = Seals-Jones & Tonyan  (TE Premium, can start 2 TE) 

Wentz had that chance in Indy.  It is telling that Indy traded him as soon as they could and signed a 37YO as a stop-gap. 
I don’t disagree. I’m not a Wentz guy either and would absolutely also be selling high on the next wave of optimism that WAS will be what helps him resurrect his career (while not buying into that at all). 

I’m just saying what the market value is for QB in SF.

Quick, name 2 QBs who've had much success on their 3rd team (Fitzmagic aside).  I'll stop the rant on Wentz now, but it appears he's at best a stop-gap for WAS until they can draft one in 2023.

Superflex does inflate the value of mediocre to bad QBs, that is for sure.  That said, @joey is correct.  The value is what you can get in return, not what is perceived.

If you don't play SF, especially deep bench SF, it's often hard to get a feel for how QBs are valued.
I do play SF. And Wentz’s value is definitely inflated. And they didn’t pay him as a stop-gap, and they’ve flat out said they see him as a multi-year solution at QB. 
https://sportsnaut.com/washington-commanders-carson-wentz-expectations/amp/

You don’t give a 128M 4-year contract to a stop-gap. That analysis seems misguided.

I’m also well aware that one can only get what one’s trade partners are willing to give. It’s not a new concept. 

That all said, I don’t see the return on that deal as reflective of Wentz’ current SF value. IMO, more could have been pulled in return in a SF league.

But if the person who dealt Wentz for that is happy with it, that’s all that matters, I guess. Just giving my $.02 on the deal. 

Users who are viewing this thread