What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (8 Viewers)

It's actually mind numbing trying to sort them out right now.
I agree. I keep seeing names and just nodding my head at the highlights. It seems like everybody has some sort of tape at the RB position. And I don't think I'm the only one noticing. RotoUnderworld and Roster Watch did a 1 QB mock on Twitter. 

1.01 - Breece Hall
1.04 - Isaiah Spiller
1.06 - Kenneth Walker 
1.09 - Kyren Williams
2.02 - Jerome Ford 
2.05 - Rachaad White 
2.07 - Dameon Pierce 
2.08 - Tyler Allgeier 
2.12 - Brian Robinson 

That's a lot of backs in the second there. And then there's like four or five in the third, and so on. I have three picks in my main league in the second. I would love Ford, White, Allgeier depending on draft capital and testing. 

I agree. I keep seeing names and just nodding my head at the highlights. It seems like everybody has some sort of tape at the RB position. And I don't think I'm the only one noticing. RotoUnderworld and Roster Watch did a 1 QB mock on Twitter. 

1.01 - Breece Hall
1.04 - Isaiah Spiller
1.06 - Kenneth Walker 
1.09 - Kyren Williams
2.02 - Jerome Ford 
2.05 - Rachaad White 
2.07 - Dameon Pierce 
2.08 - Tyler Allgeier 
2.12 - Brian Robinson 

That's a lot of backs in the second there. And then there's like four or five in the third, and so on. I have three picks in my main league in the second. I would love Ford, White, Allgeier depending on draft capital and testing. 
I need the underwear Olympics to get excited about any of them.

ETA - wait, not like that. 😬 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sways you to the Muth side? Or the 1.06 side? 
The side getting 1.6.

Way I broke that trade down.

Herbert over Burrow.

Devonta vs Ridley is in general a toss up for now, specifically would matter if my team is coming or going. Depending on who they have throwing to them we could get huge separation  between the two but right now I'm going about even.

The 1.6 to me over Frier and more then I have Herbert over Burrow so that's the biggest gap in how I lined them up and what would sway me to that side.

The side getting 1.6.

Way I broke that trade down.

Herbert over Burrow.

Devonta vs Ridley is in general a toss up for now, specifically would matter if my team is coming or going. Depending on who they have throwing to them we could get huge separation  between the two but right now I'm going about even.

The 1.6 to me over Frier and more then I have Herbert over Burrow so that's the biggest gap in how I lined them up and what would sway me to that side.
Yeah. It’s fair: I leaned toward the Herbert side because of optimism about Muth vs the ??? of pick 1.06

It’s tough because I like Burrow slightly more than I do Herbert. There’s no loser there.

Agree about Ridley vs Smith, though I lean Ridley if we knew he was right & will play. 

Interesting trade in my usually slow dynasty. Standard scoring 12 team.

Team A gives:

Herbert, C Ridley, Freiermuth

Team B gives:

Burrow, Devonta Smith, 2022 1.6
Seems fair.  I like Ridley but the unknown probably moves this to the Burrow side but this could work out the other way for sure.  If RIdley was playing, I'd take that side easily but seems fair.

Team A gives:

Team B gives:

B side

I like Burrow over Herbert.  Bengals have a lot of awesome youth with Chase and Higgins.  The Chargers playmakers are old.  I think Burrow is a better QB anyway, especially if he gets Oline help.

Devonta Smith over Ridley easily.  We had a conversation in the forum about Devonta Smith or a top 3 pick this year.  Lotta people picked Smith.  Nobody giving that for Ridley.   Even if we knew for sure Ridley was going to play this would be close.

Pick 6 over Freiermuth easily.  

So yeah 3 for 3.  B side

Team A gives:

Team B gives:

B side

I like Burrow over Herbert.  Bengals have a lot of awesome youth with Chase and Higgins.  The Chargers playmakers are old.  I think Burrow is a better QB anyway, especially if he gets Oline help.

Devonta Smith over Ridley easily.  We had a conversation in the forum about Devonta Smith or a top 3 pick this year.  Lotta people picked Smith.  Nobody giving that for Ridley.   Even if we knew for sure Ridley was going to play this would be close.

Pick 6 over Freiermuth easily.  

So yeah 3 for 3.  B side

FFPC 1QB:

I gave 3.12
I got C Patterson

I gave Z Wilson got 4.11

FFPC SF:

I gave Gabriel Davis
I got Gesicki

Different FFPC SF:

I gave Chuba
I got 3.09

FFPC 1QB not involved:

Team A gave Fant
Team B gave Juju, 2023 2nd

FFPC SF not involved:

Team C gave R Stevenson, 1.11, Njoku, 2023 3rd
Team D gave Toney, 2023 2nd

FFPC SF:

I gave Gabriel Davis
I got Gesicki

Different FFPC SF:

I gave Chuba
I got 3.09

FFPC 1QB not involved:

Team A gave Fant

FFPC SF not involved:

Team C gave R Stevenson, 1.11, Njoku, 2023 3rd
Team D gave Toney, 2023 2nd
GD for Gesicki is light if Gesicki walks. Favor Davis here. Miami plays 3 TE sets and distributes it around a lot (some by necessity)

I like Fant. If Den QB upgrade happens, this is a win.  No telling where Juju ends up.

That last deal has me wondering if there is a strong Toney buy in program going on!  I have been trying to buy him without luck. I think that was a high price for Toney but I would probably pay it!!

GD for Gesicki is light if Gesicki walks. Favor Davis here. Miami plays 3 TE sets and distributes it around a lot (some by necessity)
What if he walks to Los Angeles? You could be right but this is TE premium and I have nobody behind Andrews. I love GD but I have too many shares and WR depth to spare here. I think it is pretty even but I think Gesicki is either the #1 TE target in Miami or somewhere else and I think he is entering prime TE age. I agree about the TE sets in Miami but I am not overly concerned with it. I also really love the potential upside if he were to say go to the Chargers.

Gesicki is one of my favorite players in te premium best ball.  In leagues where you submit a lineup.. he's one of about 15 guys i wouldn't mind starting if i don't have a better tight end.  

Gabe Davis has wr2 potential but so do about 45 guys.  Yes I'm aware he's young and once had 4 touchdowns in a playoff game.  I'm also aware that Josh Allen had an amazing year and Davis was worthless. I don't know if he's dj chark or laviska shenault.  Wait.  I mean i don't know if he's Christian Kirk or Rondale Moore. Wait I mean i don't know if he's Alan Lazard or that other guy for the packers i can't think of.  They're all the same guy.  One of them will emerge, I'm sure, but most of them are just pretty good targets for good quarterbacks who flash sometimes. 

Nobody in this deal is irreplaceable but gesicki has shown that he can be a beast when he's featured in the game plan and that's slightly more rare than the second best receiver on his team who has flashed huge upside. 

Valdez scantling.  That's the guy i couldn't remember.  Because who cares

FFPC 1QB:

I gave 3.12
I got

C Patterson

I gave

Z Wilson

got 4.11

FFPC SF:

I gave

Gabriel Davis

I got

Gesicki

Different FFPC SF:

I gave Chuba
I got 3.09

FFPC 1QB not involved:

Team A gave

Fant

FFPC SF not involved:

Team C gave

R Stevenson

, 1.11,

Njoku

, 2023 3rd
Team D gave

Toney

, 2023 2nd
I must be missing something on Toney because I don't see the love for him at all but I wish I owned him somewhere so I could sell him.  I wouldn't give up the 1.11 for him straight up.

I gave 3.12
I got C Patterson
Steal.   Total steal.  Late third esp this year is a dart throw and if Patterson goes back to ATL (as he most likely will) he gives you a floor of flex rb numbers with the possibility of a huge start to the season before he gets worn down.

He's got a lot of negatives/baggage but you seriously can tell me you that you've watched him play and don't see the upside?
I think I saw enough of him, including his one big game against Dallas.   I see some upside but he seems like someone who will always be an ancillary piece not a team's #1 WR.  I think there are WR's that will be available in the late 1st this year who have just as much or more upside.  To give up that plus Stevenson, he'll have to reach is absolute ceiling to make that deal worth it IMO.

I think I saw enough of him, including his one big game against Dallas.   I see some upside but he seems like someone who will always be an ancillary piece not a team's #1 WR.  I think there are WR's that will be available in the late 1st this year who have just as much or more upside.  To give up that plus Stevenson, he'll have to reach is absolute ceiling to make that deal worth it IMO.
Appreciate the reply and I was not trying to be critical of your decision on the trade, espeically because I like some of the pieces he drew back, but I don't agree on where you are putting Toney's upside which is the answer to why do people love/value him. He's also got a ton of downside but overall those of us who think he has potential to be something see considerable more upside then you.

As I posted a few days ago and totally agree with an NFL front office person recently said Toney could be the best WR in the league or a total flameout. He's got a lot of baggage and I'm not even close to confident he'll get past it all but the upside is immense. I say this both based on how he looks and a slew of metrics.

Wow.  I rarely raise my hand (at least as far as fantasy football goes), but I guess I finally found a hill I'm willing to die on.  Yes, it's Mike Davis-Falcons Hill (it's on most miltary maps) and the trenches are dug.
I don't get here much, so please allow me to take this very belated opportunity to admit my airball.  Thoughts and condolences welcomed during this difficult time.  Peace.

He's got a lot of negatives/baggage but you seriously can tell me you that you've watched him play and don't see the upside?
If he's the top target in NY next season (and right now that seems rather likely), I don't see how anyone can not like his upside. He runs great routes and is a beast after the catch. He has to 10 WR upside for sure. The problem is he's a bit of a headcase and things like that can go south in a hurry.

If he's the top target in NY next season (and right now that seems rather likely), I don't see how anyone can not like his upside. He runs great routes and is a beast after the catch. He has to 10 WR upside for sure. The problem is he's a bit of a headcase and things like that can go south in a hurry.

If I had to do one of those fake arguments where I had to take a side an argue for or against a player I'm not sure I could pick someone who I could so easily make a more compelling  and easy case for or against as I could with Toney. Immense talent, tons of issues.

12 Team PPR SF

Had one the other day that puzzled me and some league mates. Both teams bottom half of the league.

Team that just finished last gives: Ceedee Lamb, Tyler Boyd, 2023 4th

Team that finished 4th to last gives: Cooper Kupp

12 Team PPR SF

Had one the other day that puzzled me and some league mates. Both teams bottom half of the league.

Team that just finished last gives: Ceedee Lamb, Tyler Boyd, 2023 4th

Team that finished 4th to last gives: Cooper Kupp
If you finish 4th to last with Kupp you must have had doozy of a team.

Without knowing rosters this seems to make sense for the guy that finished 4th to last. If a great season from Kupp won't save him he got younger and got some extra side pieces.

Harder to understand rationale for the guy that finished last other then he's sick and tired of finishing last.

You can see the upside and also see the downside and think this was an overpay as I do as well.  If you are a true believer it isn't a terrible trade though.  He has the upside to make it worth it.  I just don't think he will.  He has the feel of a bust to me and could deal with injuries a lot too.

BigAl21 said:
FFPC

Team A gets: toney and 2.01

Team B gets: 2023 1st
I am very high on Toney so I would do this…you get a potential stud and a solid pick without touching your current roster and a year to get that pick back if you want.

BigAl21 said:
FFPC

Team A gets: toney and 2.01

Team B gets: 2023 1st
This is more in line with where I think Toney's value is.   I also think the narrative that the 2022 draft is weak and the 2023 draft is super strong is a little overblown.  There's going to be really good players available at 2.01 this year.

This is a fair deal.

This is more in line with where I think Toney's value is.   I also think the narrative that the 2022 draft is weak and the 2023 draft is super strong is a little overblown.  There's going to be really good players available at 2.01 this year.

This is a fair deal.
Couldn’t agree more.  

This is a fair deal.
I don’t think it’s unfair. 

I’d just rather have a 2023 1st round pick than Toney & the 2.01

ETA: it’s also not that the 2022 draft is bad. It’s that the talent pool in the 2023 draft appears to be substantially better.

There will be breakout players from the 2022 draft, I’m sure. Difficult to figure out who those will be just yet beyond a handful at each position. Many analysts seem to feel the QB class of 2022 is relatively weak compared to 2023 as well.

So I partly agree - the narrative of 2022 being a bad draft class is overblown. 

But relative to the talent level expected to come out in 2023 it’s not as strong at the top, and doesn’t seem as deep. For example, Tank Bigsby, likely the 4th-6th best RB in 2023. If he were in the 2022 draft he’d likely be ahead of all of the RB but Hall. And guys like Gibbs & Robinson would both likely be ahead of Hall. I could give examples at WR & obviously QB too.  

Much can change with another year - players will rise and fall, injuries will happen. But at the moment, I’d much prefer to have picks in 2023, were I stacking picks for a draft. 

it’s also not that the 2022 draft is bad. It’s that the talent pool in the 2023 draft appears to be substantially better.
The Podfather (Matt Kelley of Rotounderworld) was calling it a 20th percentile class. I have no idea what that means, but it wasn't flattering. He said the thing saving it is its running back depth, which I was noticing independently of him, so it was good to get confirmation on that.

I'm personally coming around on 2022 as not an abject disaster like people think. Enough guys look good enough where if they go to the right team, you could see four or five reasonable backs go in the first of fantasy drafts because there will be some people at the back end who pick for need or pick for situation. It could go that way. Or it could go like last year, where almost everybody wound up in ####ty situations with incumbents steadfastly there.

Either way, like every year, we're going to see combine testing play a big role. Get ready for 3/4/2022. I think that's when RBs test. The testing is the third, fourth, and fifth. So we shall see. If Allgeier and Ford test like they should or are at a level that they're rumored at -- and that's a big if -- there's going to be people picking them in the first of fantasy drafts, because their draft capital will rise, perhaps to day two, and their potential profiles will look better. NFL teams still love testing.  

The Podfather (Matt Kelley of Rotounderworld) was calling it a 20th percentile class. I have no idea what that means, but it wasn't flattering. He said the thing saving it is its running back depth, which I was noticing independently of him, so it was good to get confirmation on that.

I'm personally coming around on 2022 as not an abject disaster like people think. Enough guys look good enough where if they go to the right team, you could see four or five reasonable backs go in the first of fantasy drafts because there will be some people at the back end who pick for need or pick for situation. It could go that way. Or it could go like last year, where almost everybody wound up in ####ty situations with incumbents steadfastly there.

Either way, like every year, we're going to see combine testing play a big role. Get ready for 3/4/2022. I think that's when RBs test. The testing is the third, fourth, and fifth. So we shall see. If Allgeier and Ford test like they should or are at a level that they're rumored at -- and that's a big if -- there's going to be people picking them in the first of fantasy drafts, because their draft capital will rise, perhaps to day two, and their potential profiles will look better. NFL teams still love testing.  
I keep reading that there are few “alpha” type RB, but there are a bunch of guys who could be good. It’s probably not a great sign when the projected #2-3 RBs have so many questions about how complete their skill set is. 

I also keep seeing that it’s expected to be a pretty deep receiver class.

An article I read last night suggested that none of the QBs deserved to go in the 1st round. That Pickett was “safe” as the most NFL-ready of the bunch, and Willis was exciting & dynamic, but raw. Maybe this is all a vast conspiracy of sports writers/analysts, or maybe 2022 won’t be as strong as 2021 was or 2023 is projected to be. 

The combine will help. It’s certainly not the end all be all, but like you, I want to see how these players test.

That's what people were saying, but I think they're pivoting away from that and propping up the RBs. Perhaps -- and this is my speculation -- it's Senior Bowl recency bias operating here, because the top receivers are coming out early, are hurt anyway (London and Williams), or they declined to participate in the Senior Bowl (Jahan Dotson). We'll see. Won't know until they test and draft. 

I keep reading that there are few “alpha” type RB, but there are a bunch of guys who could be good. It’s probably not a great sign when the projected #2-3 RBs have so many questions about how complete their skill set is. 

An article I read last night suggested that none of the QBs deserved to go in the 1st round. That Pickett was “safe” as the most NFL-ready of the bunch, and Willis was exciting & dynamic, but raw. Maybe this is all a vast conspiracy of sports writers/analysts, or maybe 2022 won’t be as strong as 2021 was or 2023 is projected to be. 

The combine will help. It’s certainly not the end all be all, but like you, I want to see how these players test.
It's obvious the QBs are not as highly regarded this season as there isn't much talk about them at the top of the draft. I do think we'll see at least 1 and maybe 2 in the Top 12 when all is said and done - but not sure there's much fantasy value there. I like Pickett, but I'm probably a little biased because he's a local kid and I've been pulling for him.

I think it's pretty deep WR class (with 2-4 potential studs) and perhaps a surprising RB class. I've been doing dynasty for a while and I've seen some "meh" classes turn into goldmines and some hyped classes ultimately produce very little. We're still a long way off from any final determinations, but right now it's not a particularly sexy class, but I'll bet ultimately better than expected.

FFPC SF not involved, each trade is different league:

Team A gives Fields, 2023 2nd & 3rd
Team B gives Deebo, 2023 1st

Team C gives ETN
Team D gives 2023 1st

Team E gives CMC
Team F gives Gabriel Davis, Gainwell, Mills, 1.10

Team G gives CMC, Parris Campbell, 5.02
Team H gives Bateman, 1.07, 1.12, 2.10, 2.11

Team I gives Knox, 4.02
Team J gives 2.01

Team K gives Sutton, 2023 4th
Team L gives 2023 2nd

Team M gives Carr, 2.12, 3.02
Team N gives 2023 1st (late)

Team C gives ETN
Team D gives 2023 1st

Team E gives CMC

Team I gives Knox, 4.02
Team J gives 2.01

Team L gives 2023 2nd

I don't play SF so my opinion might not mean much and my valuation may be off:

1st - The Fields side is probably the value in SF but if I was set at QB, I would definitely take the Deebo/23 1st side of this.

2nd - Ettienne for a 23 1st totally depends on where that 1st falls.  I said last year that he had the biggest bust potential in the top 5, plays for a bad team, and already coming back from an injury so I'd go with the pick if I thought it was going to be in the top half.

3rd - This feels light for CMC even in SF.  Mills isn't a big enough prospect at QB, I'm not high on Gabe Davis, Gainwell doesn't look like much more than a complimentary RB, and 1.10 in a bad draft doesn't do it for me.  If you don't think CMC will stay healthy then this isn't a bad return but just feels like the most talented RB was just traded for a bunch of pieces that will never be top end talents.

4th - Everything I said above is the same here.  I do like Bateman, 2 1sts, and 2 2nds is decent but once again nothing that I see becoming top end pieces and I hate trading studs and not getting any back.

5th - Knox and 4.02 is probably fair for 2.01.  I'd probably lean towards 2.01 but I don't see Knox ever doing a ton in Buffalo but this trade isn't bad if you do belive.

6th - I'd go with the 23 2nd if I thought it would be a top half pick for sure.  I'm not huge on Sutton but I'm sure others will disagree here.

7th - If you are in need of a QB then Carr, 2.12, and 3.02 are probably worth a 23 1st but hate seeing this type of value for an average QB.  Exactly the reason why I don't play SF.  Lol.

I don't play SF so my opinion might not mean much and my valuation may be off:

1st - The Fields side is probably the value in SF but if I was set at QB, I would definitely take the Deebo/23 1st side of this.

2nd - Ettienne for a 23 1st totally depends on where that 1st falls.  I said last year that he had the biggest bust potential in the top 5, plays for a bad team, and already coming back from an injury so I'd go with the pick if I thought it was going to be in the top half.

3rd - This feels light for CMC even in SF.  Mills isn't a big enough prospect at QB, I'm not high on Gabe Davis, Gainwell doesn't look like much more than a complimentary RB, and 1.10 in a bad draft doesn't do it for me.  If you don't think CMC will stay healthy then this isn't a bad return but just feels like the most talented RB was just traded for a bunch of pieces that will never be top end talents.

4th - Everything I said above is the same here.  I do like Bateman, 2 1sts, and 2 2nds is decent but once again nothing that I see becoming top end pieces and I hate trading studs and not getting any back.

5th - Knox and 4.02 is probably fair for 2.01.  I'd probably lean towards 2.01 but I don't see Knox ever doing a ton in Buffalo but this trade isn't bad if you do belive.

6th - I'd go with the 23 2nd if I thought it would be a top half pick for sure.  I'm not huge on Sutton but I'm sure others will disagree here.

7th - If you are in need of a QB then Carr, 2.12, and 3.02 are probably worth a 23 1st but hate seeing this type of value for an average QB.  Exactly the reason why I don't play SF.  Lol.
I think I agree with every word. I like Knox more perhaps. And I think I might actually lean Deebo/1st over Fields but it is definitely fair. 

That first CMC deal is really bad IMO. Way too much hate for him. 
That also struck me as really bad, but if one thinks he's done, one thinks he's done, and ain't nothing going to change that sinking feeling of holding an asset that might decline precipitously. 

That also struck me as really bad, but if one thinks he's done, one thinks he's done, and ain't nothing going to change that sinking feeling of holding an asset that might decline precipitously. 
Well. One can decide to not feel ####ty about it. If one holds and then week 1 comes around and CMC puts up 27 PPR points like usual, what then? Is it a sinking feeling?

This feels like panic. One can decide to do that, too. 

Well. One can decide to not feel ####ty about it. If one holds and then week 1 comes around and CMC puts up 27 PPR points like usual, what then? Is it a sinking feeling?

This feels like panic. One can decide to do that, too. 
I agree. It's a bad trade. Just trying to understand the mindset. I'll bet that's likely his or her logic, however flawed it is. 

Totally agree so I could see trading him but I'd have to get a high end piece for him back.  Just feels like there could be better deals out there for him.  May not get as many pieces but I'd prefer quality ones.

superflex, give me the young quarterback side by quite a bit.  I love that first round pick in 2023, but I’d rather have the quarterback + picks.

Team C gives ETN
Team D gives 2023 1st
it’s a tough call, but I probably lean towards the pick on this one. I don’t like Lisfranc injuries.

Team E gives CMC
Seems light for CMC. 

this is definitely a better package for CMC, but I’ll still take the potentially elite running back here

Team I gives Knox, 4.02
Team J gives 2.01
Knox in a landslide. 

Team L gives 2023 2nd
seems fair, but I’ll take Sutton.

Is this last one superflex? If so, give me Derek car in the picks. If not, I’ll take the 2023 first

Users who are viewing this thread