What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (9 Viewers)

Kelce is changing from a highly accurate quarterback to an unknown with a deep arm, and the team just added a 16 million dollar a year receiver.  His value won't go up this year but it could drop a lot. I would be hesitant to pay top 10 overall value for him.
Not to beat dead horse but.. I’m not suggesting paying top 10 price for any player, let alone Kelce as a buyer. Just that I wouldn’t be selling him as a top 40 instead of top 10. 

I can’t knock it. As a Kelce owner in majority of leagues I’m not dealing him straight across for AB. No doubt both are competitive advantages but I like the edge in a scarce position even if AB scores more. Again can’t fault the logic of AB > Kelce but given I wouldn’t make the deal straight up, the deal posted is quite lopsided for me. 
To the trade in question, I value Coleman higher than most (UFA coming) so that also made the deal very close for me.

Kelce is a top 10 player as is Brown in the format. Easy deal to make. 
Brown is not merely a top 10 player, he's the best fantasy WR in the last 20 years. Kelce is not even the best TE today.  Also I think Kelces ADP would be more like mid to early second, not top 10.

I thought the trade was close, would depend on my roster.

Brown is not merely a top 10 player, he's the best fantasy WR in the last 20 years. Kelce is not even the best TE today.  Also I think Kelces ADP would be more like mid to early second, not top 10.

I thought the trade was close, would depend on my roster.
It's always tricky to value TEs in this format.  With the dual flex essentially equalling out the positions I like to just compare their actual points to WRs.

Kelce scores about 18.5ppg in that format which is better than any receiver other than OBJ/Hopkins.  A few points better than Julio Jones while being a year younger than Julio at a position where players generally stay productive longer.  So it's kind of like Brown for a 26-27 year old Julio + 1.04 + 1.08, which I think most would prefer the latter side.

That said, it's hard to turn down a guy like Brown that scores insane PPG every year so I definitely can't fault anyone for taking the studs win championships approach and going all-in on AB.

12 Team PPR TE Bonus

Team A got Gronk, Galloday, 19 2nd

Team B got Alshon Jeffrey, 2019 1st
If that 2019 is not projected high, if the pick is from a good team, I'd do this deal to get Gronk even if you told me he would retire after the 2018 season. Partly becuase I'm pretty down on Alshon and high on Golladay.

Saw these two in FFPC.  Looks like a panicking Howard owner, especially in TE Premium.

OJ Howard
for

and

Jimmy Garropolo, 2.01
for
2019 1st (early/mid), 2.06

It's always tricky to value TEs in this format.  With the dual flex essentially equalling out the positions I like to just compare their actual points to WRs.

Kelce scores about 18.5ppg in that format which is better than any receiver other than OBJ/Hopkins.  A few points better than Julio Jones while being a year younger than Julio at a position where players generally stay productive longer.  So it's kind of like Brown for a 26-27 year old Julio + 1.04 + 1.08, which I think most would prefer the latter side.

That said, it's hard to turn down a guy like Brown that scores insane PPG every year so I definitely can't fault anyone for taking the studs win championships approach and going all-in on AB.
I thought the rosters mattered on a trade like this, would for me.

If I'm suffering at TE and Kelce picks up my TE scoring 5-6 points a week that is considerably more impactful and a reason to do this trade to get Kelce. TE's do get injured a lot, IMO more than any other skill position in fantasy the last few years. Combo of TE injuries, 1.5 TE PPR and dual flex has made me a bit of a TE horder.  All things being equal, even though it's one required starting position vs two, I'll opt for an equal scoring TE over an equal scoring WR.  TE's are just a lot more scarce to me.

But in this case they are not equal, Brown>Kelce.  And I got concerns that @bostonfred  touched on earlier that Kelce will fall back just a little with a more downfield aggressive QB and additional weapons. But pick 4 is not chopped liver either, that's a pretty valuable pick and most people put the 8 over Coleman. Value probably is on Kelce side of this deal, but I personally felt it was close.

If that 2019 is not projected high, if the pick is from a good team, I'd do this deal to get Gronk even if you told me he would retire after the 2018 season. Partly becuase I'm pretty down on Alshon and high on Golladay.
Yea unless that pick is projected top 3 that’s a runaway for Gronk side for me 

When someone tells me Kelce is better than Gronk that's someone whose opinion I can't take seriously.
Considering Kelce's finished as the top TE in our league last 2 yrs running, isn't a retirement risk in the next 1-2yrs and hasn't had his body reconstructed every season, I think anyone who says Gronk is the better fantasy asset is someone not worth taking seriously.

To each their own.

Considering Kelce's finished as the top TE in our league last 2 yrs running, isn't a retirement risk in the next 1-2yrs and hasn't had his body reconstructed every season, I think anyone who says Gronk is the better fantasy asset is someone not worth taking seriously.

To each their own.
You are talking value. I'm talking about who is better.

we're in a dynasty thread talking about trades.

Kelce is better. Not much to argue.
Context.

I was talking about AB being the best fantasy WR in the last 20 years. I did not label AB the most valued dynasty WR today. Apply that to Kelce part of my comment.

I don't consider Kelce the top TE in dynasty either. So he's neither the best or most valued to me. But whether or not he's the most valued dynasty TE is a legit debate. Whether or not he's the best TE is not.

12 Team PPR (1 QB) - all in same league in March. 2 new guys involved in 80% of these deals. Not involved.

1) Thielen/2.9 for Woods/1.8

Amazing profit for this guy who had just bought Thielen straight up for mahomes the prior week.

2) Njoku/1.9 for Hooper/1.3

3) Moncrief/2.10 for Fitz

4) Fournette for Freeman, Baldwin, 3.2

5) 2.6 for Duke

6) 1.7 for McKinnon

7) Lee for Ebron

8) Zay/3.3 for Marvin

9) Conner, Agholor, Meredith, 2.8 for Hilton, 2.9

10) 2.6 for Godwin

11) Newton, Hurns for Moncrief, Montgomery

12) 2.9, 4.3 for Crowell, 3.3, 3.7, 4.7

12 Team PPR (1 QB) - all in same league in March. 2 new guys involved in 80% of these deals. Not involved.

Amazing profit for this guy who had just bought Thielen straight up for mahomes the prior week.

5) 2.6 for Duke

6) 1.7 for McKinnon

7) Lee for Ebron

8) Zay/3.3 for Marvin

10) 2.6 for Godwin

As a Kelce owner I worry that he won't click nearly as well with Mahomes.  You just never know.  The offense is going to look a lot different.  

That said, I still take the Kelce/4/8 side of the deal and then see if I can flip Kelce for something I like more.

If the rams get obj or draft a stud wr I might take the thielen side but it would be close.  Otherwise it's heavily slanted to the woods side.  Feels like the woods owner panicked. 

I don't like njoku enough to pass on  a top rb in a strong rb draft but it seems fair. 

Moncrief is slightly better than worthless imo, but he has trade value. 2.10 is right near the line of a good pick - I'm guessing 4 qbs 7-8 rbs, 1 or 2 tes, and 7-8 wrs are off the board by 2.10 so you're probably getting an ok receiver in a bad landing spot.  I can live with that, but I'd rather package 2.10 and moncrief to move up a little more. 

I'm probably taking Fournette here but it's reasonable. 

5) 2.6 for Duke

2.6 for me until I find out if Barkley ruins duke permanently. 

6) 1.7 for McKinnon

I can understand taking McKinnon if I have to pull the trigger today but I'd much much rather wait until after the NFL draft. As of this minute 1.7 is either a guy like Ronald Jones or penny or the top receiver in this draft class. And 1.7 could become more valuable depending on landing spots.  McKinnon is still an unknown - he's an ok running back going to a good system fit with a coach who's had success with the running game, but he's never carried the load, never been a very effective runner (in bad system fits) and could get screwed in the nfl draft. I guess that means it's fair. 

7) Lee for Ebron

Whatever

8) Zay/3.3 for Marvin

Marvin pretty easily

Hilton very easily

10) 2.6 for Godwin

2.6 but I was never a Godwin believer

stud qb and a scrub for two scrubs? I guess I'll take the stud qb. If this is the guy that moved fitz for moncrief and 2.10 above, then he somehow moved Fitzgerald and ty Montgomery for Newton and 2.10 which is absurdly good imo.

3.3, 3.7 and 4.7 is almost enough to buy 2.9 on its own, so this is basically a starting running back for a fourth round pick?  Wth.

12 Team PPR - must cut to 18 prior to draft:

Gave: 1.04, Burkhead, Dion Lewis, McKinnon, Diggs, OJ Howard

Got: 1.01, Crowell, Martavis Bryant, Rudolph, Hooper, 2019 2nd (should be early) 

12 team ppr

A gets Mike Evans WR TB
B gets Doug Baldwin WR SEA, Dion Lewis RB TEN; pick 22 and a 19 first (will be late)

12 Team PPR - must cut to 18 prior to draft:

Gave: 1.04, Burkhead, Dion Lewis, McKinnon, Diggs, OJ Howard

Got: 1.01, Crowell, Martavis Bryant, Rudolph, Hooper, 2019 2nd (should be early) 
One of the cheaper deals for 1.1

I'm not sure who I prefer between Howard and Rudolph now that Brate is signed long term, but maybe that's just me. 

Hooper burkhead Lewis Crowell all kind of cancel each other out in a deal this big.  I'm sure some people really really prefer one side or the other but it barely moves the needle. 

So this is 1.4, McKinnon, diggs for 1.1, martavis and a future early second.  That feels light to me. 

msudaisy26 said:
That is a pretty good out price for Brown. I have shopped him in a couple leagues and couldn't get that. 
I will be shopping him in a league soon, and wow, could only dream of getting that much.  I have no chance.

bostonfred said:
One of the cheaper deals for 1.1

I'm not sure who I prefer between Howard and Rudolph now that Brate is signed long term, but maybe that's just me. 

Hooper burkhead Lewis Crowell all kind of cancel each other out in a deal this big.  I'm sure some people really really prefer one side or the other but it barely moves the needle. 

So this is 1.4, McKinnon, diggs for 1.1, martavis and a future early second.  That feels light to me. 
Well, bostonfred, you took all the words exactly as I was about to post them, right out of my mouse fingers! Formerly Marlboro and Lancaster, MA. :thumbup:

P. S. Happy Day after April Fools Day!

16 team ppr

Fournette, JuJu and the 1.08 for Gurley
I believe that JuJu swings the balance of value significantly away from Gurley to the trio of assets. I can't believe that the majority of optimists think that Gurley can deliver a repeat of his 2017 offensive player of the year performance for 2017. DeMarco Murray was the last RB to garner the same honors for his 2014 performance, and look what he did subsequent .  .  .  . and where he is now. And while in a 16 team league a stud RB is ultra desirable, 3 nice young starters for 1 stud is too attractive for the Gurley owner to pass on.

I believe that JuJu swings the balance of value significantly away from Gurley to the trio of assets. I can't believe that the majority of optimists think that Gurley can deliver a repeat of his 2017 offensive player of the year performance for 2017. DeMarco Murray was the last RB to garner the same honors for his 2014 performance, and look what he did subsequent .  .  .  . and where he is now. And while in a 16 team league a stud RB is ultra desirable, 3 nice young starters for 1 stud is too attractive for the Gurley owner to pass on.
Agree with you. I think he overpaid by the 1.08. 

I agree with you on the trade - and maybe this isn't the best place to have this conversation - but I don't quite understand the Murray comparison.  Murray was always viewed as a good-not-great talent who benefited from an incredible offensive line in 2014.  Gurley is a very different beast. 

FreeBaGeL said:

Is this true? I think TEs and WRs both see a drop off around 32 and hit the cliff around 34... but with most leagues only starting 1 TE, the drop off at 32 is more significant. A WR1 who ends up being a WR3 at age 35 has more utility than a TE1 who becomes a TE2 at age 33.

Is this true? I think TEs and WRs both see a drop off around 32 and hit the cliff around 34... but with most leagues only starting 1 TE, the drop off at 32 is more significant. A WR1 who ends up being a WR3 at age 35 has more utility than a TE1 who becomes a TE2 at age 33.
Yeah that's a fair question, I may have been leaping to conclusions there as I don't really have any data on it.  I'm just thinking of guys like Witten/Gates/Gonzo who seem to keep trucking on forever (Witten was just a TE1 in his age 35 season and is still going, Gates was a TE1 in his age 35 and 36 seasons, Gonzo a TE1 in his age 35, 36, and 37 seasons).  But I probably should look at it closer before making that statement, there are certainly some WRs who have kept going too ((TO, Rice, maybe Fitz since next season will be his age 35 year) though offhand it feels like fewer (even though we're picking from a much larger pool of elite WRs than TEs) and like we have to go back further to find them.

Your latter point is true in standard leagues, this was in reference to FFPC where TE premium and two flex spots might change that some.

I agree with you on the trade - and maybe this isn't the best place to have this conversation - but I don't quite understand the Murray comparison.  Murray was always viewed as a good-not-great talent who benefited from an incredible offensive line in 2014.  Gurley is a very different beast. 
No thanks, conversations like this tend to get out of hand.

16 team ppr

Fournette, JuJu and the 1.08 for Gurley
Wow...that is a big haul...love Gurley but I would take it...while I have Gurley right at the top of RBs I don't think it is too crazy to see a scenario where Fournette can outscore him...now you add in a 21 year old WR that has future stud written all over him and a quality pick and while it is painful to deal Gurley you gotta make the move with this return...also, it is a 16 team league which means talent thins out quickly...this is a nice addition to a roster...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's a fair question, I may have been leaping to conclusions there as I don't really have any data on it.  I'm just thinking of guys like Witten/Gates/Gonzo who seem to keep trucking on forever (Witten was just a TE1 in his age 35 season and is still going, Gates was a TE1 in his age 35 and 36 seasons, Gonzo a TE1 in his age 35, 36, and 37 seasons).  But I probably should look at it closer before making that statement, there are certainly some WRs who have kept going too ((TO, Rice, maybe Fitz since next season will be his age 35 year) though offhand it feels like fewer (even though we're picking from a much larger pool of elite WRs than TEs) and like we have to go back further to find them.

Your latter point is true in standard leagues, this was in reference to FFPC where TE premium and two flex spots might change that some.
Yeah, TE premium and flex spots would definitely tilt the scales, but in general, I don't think TEs age that well.

Some notable recent old WRs: Boldin, Steve Smith, TO, Wayne. This search didn't turn up a lot of TEs, but I guess the bar is set lower for TEs... but if you're using a flex spot, it doesn't really matter. However, premiums would matter.

msudaisy26 said:
That is a pretty good out price for Brown. I have shopped him in a couple leagues and couldn't get that. 
Yeah, that's a nice haul. Having a hard time moving for value in the one league I'm shopping him. 

Zealots Field PPR

NOT sure if I screwed up. 

Traded Mixon

Received 2018 1.10/3.10 and 2019 1st/2nd round rookie picks. 

Users who are viewing this thread