What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (9 Viewers)

12 team PPR

Team A got: Josh Gordon

Team B got: Larry Fitzgerald

Team C got: Kenyan Drake and Kelvin Benjamin 

Team D got: TY Hilton

10 team, start QRRWWT + flex, 1/2 ppr for WR/TE only. 5 year max contracts. 5 man rookie squad, 2 man 2nd yr player squad. (so one could choose to not assign a contract until year 3)

Gave - R.Cobb (2 yr), Maclin (2 yr)

Received - L.Treadwell (rookie squad), L.A.Rams defense/ST (1 yr)

Context: I have AJ Green (5 yr), O.Beckham (4 yr), K.Allen (3 yr), Julio Jones (1 yr), Devante Parker (2nd yr squad), M.Mitchell (RS)

Maclin would not fetch more than a 2nd rounder, Cobb with 2 years would not likely get a 1st rounder, so I packaged them and pushed the value forward since they would not start a game for me.

12 Team PPR Dynasty QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex, TE Premium.  3 year contracts no salary

Gave: Brady, Adrian Peterson

Got: Lamar Miller, Bridgewater, 1.03

12 Team PPR Dynasty QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex, TE Premium.  3 year contracts no salary

Gave: Brady, Adrian Peterson

Got: Lamar Miller, Bridgewater, 1.03
Excellent way to get younger in a hurry.  Team getting Brady/Peterson is presumably building up for one big run.

Could see this one for either side depending on situation.

16 team idp

I gave Brock Osweiler for Karlos Williams

I actually would have liked to keep Brock but with Mariota and Cam, he wasn't needed. Both of those QBs are among my favorite players to watch (I'm a Titans fan who lived in North Carolina for 4 years) so I wasn't trading them. Plus I own McCoy. 

Other team is rebuilding. 

Minor trade.

Zealots Field (PPR)

OTC, traded 3.02 rookie pick for Jimmy Garoppolo and the 4.09 rookie pick.  (The pick ended up being Pharoh Cooper.)

We have very large rosters (53, in season) and I didn't have a guy I felt I had to have with the 3.02.  Having Brady, I like having Garoppolo as a handcuff.

Big one in a 12t ppr (TE premium)

Team A trades 3 2017 1sts (2 likely top 4 and one top 7-8)

Team B trades M Evans and Eifert

That is huge. I'd rather have the players, only way I'd be tempted to move Evans and Eifert for a nice haul of picks was if my team was stacked at WR, thin at RB and had a viable replacement for Eifert. 

Minor trade.

Zealots Field (PPR)

OTC, traded 3.02 rookie pick for Jimmy Garoppolo and the 4.09 rookie pick.  (The pick ended up being Pharoh Cooper.)

We have very large rosters (53, in season) and I didn't have a guy I felt I had to have with the 3.02.  Having Brady, I like having Garoppolo as a handcuff.
I might have preferred to go for a top IDP players in that situation, but they might have been largely off the board depending on how your draft went (or still available at 4.09, depending).

This one totally depends on rosters and league requirements to assess. If Team B is strong at WR/TE, and if the picks end up where projected, Team B should win this. Then again, you could also consider the opportunity cost, i.e., what else could Team B have gotten for Evans and Eifert? Maybe he could have gotten a premium RB, for example.

One of the weird things about those 2017 picks is that the strength of the class is RB. It's an average to below-average group of WRs in my opinion. And I've noticed that a lot of the teams trading top assets for 2017 picks are the same ones who generally hate to build their teams around RBs. 

One of the weird things about those 2017 picks is that the strength of the class is RB. It's an average to below-average group of WRs in my opinion. And I've noticed that a lot of the teams trading top assets for 2017 picks are the same ones who generally hate to build their teams around RBs. 
This could be the case for most owners in most seasons, but the top 4-5 RB prospects, and the top 2 WR prospects are pretty nice. Even with all the over hype for the class next year, there will likely be a fair amount of pretty good Rbs at the top of the first and a couple of those guys look good enough that even an owner who is generally bullish on investing in Rbs, may be tempted if they are of the opinion that one of those guys is someone you can build around for a 3-5 year window and gamble with the volatility of the position

Agreed, that's why I had said earlier one of the conditions I'd need if I was giving up the players for the picks is to be deep at WR and have a major RB need.

Agreed, that's why I had said earlier one of the conditions I'd need if I was giving up the players for the picks is to be deep at WR and have a major RB need.
Rosters in this league are 21 plus 4 taxi.  Start qb rb rb wr wr wr te flex (rb, wr, te) it is a ppr with te premium

The team giving up Evans and Eifert still has A Cooper, J Nelson, Fitz left and drafted Doctson this year...not much else at wr beyond that.  He is trying to address RB where he only has Crowell, Duke Johnson, Gore and drafted Henry this year.  At TE he still has Ertz and Rudolph (although I am not sure if Rudolph is worth anything)

The team trading the picks is taking a big gamble his rbs will be Elliot and Gio (thin behind that with C West and McKinnon the best options) Julio, Evans, D Parker, Perriman, Coates at WR and now Eifert at TE

I am not sure it made sense for either team.

16 team idp

I gave Brock Osweiler for Karlos Williams
And again, I lost Mathieu (from S to corner) and Woodson so needed a new S.

2016 Draft Pick 3rd round / #45Year 2017 Round 4 Draft Pick
ForChurch, Barry DAL SYear 2017 Round 3 Draft Pick (probably about #45)

Eifert

for

Ladarius Green
That's a great deal for eifert.  My offer of Ebron for eifert was rejected, no counter yet. 

And again, I lost Mathieu (from S to corner) and Woodson so needed a new S.

2016 Draft Pick 3rd round / #45Year 2017 Round 4 Draft Pick
ForChurch, Barry DAL SYear 2017 Round 3 Draft Pick (probably about #45)

That's a great deal for eifert.  My offer of Ebron for eifert was rejected, no counter yet. 
Probably won't get one. I offered Reed for Eifert and 1.9 (to a guy who only has Eifert at TE) and was told it was terrible and why would he ever consider doing such a thing for an even more injury prone TE than Eifert. Well from my angle Reed out scored Eifert by 3.5 ppg, wasn't TD dependent and isn't in jeopardy of missing the first month of the season.  :shrug:

Probably won't get one. I offered Reed for Eifert and 1.9 (to a guy who only has Eifert at TE) and was told it was terrible and why would he ever consider doing such a thing for an even more injury prone TE than Eifert. Well from my angle Reed out scored Eifert by 3.5 ppg, wasn't TD dependent and isn't in jeopardy of missing the first month of the season.  :shrug:
Then why did you propose the trade?

Just went down in FFPC

Eifert, 2017 4th, 2017 6th

for

Ebron, Diggs, 2017 5th

I own all 3 of these players in FFPC leagues, Eifert and Ebron in a few leagues. Eifert is the best player in this deal, I like the potential of Ebron and Diggs enough to think this is close to even but what you know with Eifert is once he's healthy,which could even be the opener, he's a weekly lineup fixture. The other two may or may not be that kind of guy and one lesson I've learned over the years is don't trade semi-young weekly lineup fixtures for maybe's. So I don't think this is one sided but give me Eifert.

I own all 3 of these players in FFPC leagues, Eifert and Ebron in a few leagues. Eifert is the best player in this deal, I like the potential of Ebron and Diggs enough to think this is close to even but what you know with Eifert is once he's healthy,which could even be the opener, he's a weekly lineup fixture. The other two may or may not be that kind of guy and one lesson I've learned over the years is don't trade semi-young weekly lineup fixtures for maybe's. So I don't think this is one sided but give me Eifert.
I acquired Eifert in this one.  My trade partner had poor depth behind Eifert while I already had Fleener. Allen, Maxx, and Hooper.  I could afford to take the upside gamble.  He needed a bit more safety.  Think it fit both of our needs well.

Because Gronk is my TE1 already, I do like Eifert and I could use the pick to get a nice young WR prospect...
That makes sense and I without you explaining it I thought it was a reasonable offer. I'd have passed on the offer myself because I like Reed more than Eifert but not enough to give the pick, but it seemed reasonable.

while eifert is better than Ebron, I don't think the difference is as big as diggs vs the 4th.  But then o like Ebron and diggs more than many do. 
The other factor for me was roster size - I have a lot of guys that I'll have tough decisions on when cutdowns take place, so being able to spin a 2 for 1 to pick up the better player was appealing for me.

Eifert being treated like a top TE. He's had one decent year. New receiving additions in Cinci will not help,  He's also always broke down. I don't expect him to be much better than L.Green or Ebron this year. Reed is another ticking time bomb I want nothing to do with.

Eifert being treated like a top TE. He's had one decent year. New receiving additions in Cinci will not help,  He's also always broke down. I don't expect him to be much better than L.Green or Ebron this year. Reed is another ticking time bomb I want nothing to do with.
Do you really believe LaFell and Boyd are better receiving options than Jones and Sanu?  I certainly don't.  Eifert becomes the clear second option in a decent passing game and it's not close for me.

Eifert is a top 4 tight end at worst - well below Gronk, but entrenched in that second tier with guys like Kelce and Olson.

A few of my recent deals in a start 1 QB/2RB/2WR/1TE, 2 flex

Team A gave Doug Baldwin

Team B gave 2.02

Team B gave DGB/DeAndre Smelter/Devin Smith/1.02

Team C gave David Johnson, 1.06

Team B gave 3.11/4.02

Team D gave Matt Stafford

Team A gave Allen Robinson

Team B gave 1.06, 2017 1st from Team A (probably top 3-4)

Team A gave Doug Baldwin

Team B gave 2.02

Team B gave 3.11/4.02

Give me the proven player in each of them. Baldwin, David Johnson, Stafford (only one that's questionable), and AR15. 

Team A gave Doug Baldwin

Team B gave 2.02

Team B gave 3.11/4.02

Cheap for Robinson.

What a strange post. Eifert has only been in the league for three seasons and one of them he missed basically the entire season so one "decent" year is an interesting way to put it. Also I'm not sure how replacing Jones and Sanu with LaFell and Boyd really changes the dynamic in the Cinncy passing game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread