What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Dez Bryant (1 Viewer)

Big Brother is watching you! Camera phones and video surveillance with change our world forever.
Did you see the thing in the Hernandez case where the Judge said if you were out in public, you're presumed to have agreed to be recorded? Call me old fashioned, and forget Hernandez, but that presumption seemed presumptuous.
Scary stuff.
For you and me sure, for a celebrity? They should assume that.
because celebs have a different set of rights?

were you assuming every time you walked by a security camera it autoblurred your face?
No one cares about. Dez Bryant in a Wal-Mart? Of course people care and of course no one should be surprised that footage would be saved. Everyone should understand that they could be recorded when out and about in public. Not really a difficult concept.

Hearing he jumped a guy in the parking lot and put a pistol in his mouth

Edit: not sure how credible the source is

Last edited by a moderator:
man v woman = Round 1 goes to Ray

pistol v uppercut = Round 2 to Dez

elevator v wal mart = Round 3 to Ray

3+yrs under wraps v less than a year = Round 4 goes to Dez

...ladies and gents, we have a DRAW.

So let down after the whole 5x worse "stink"

Its not already out. That says to me it is probably blocked by a judge or the courts etc.

"Hearing he jumped a guy in the parking lot and put a pistol in his mouth" as a dynasty Dez owner I can only hope so. Im happy if it isnt woman, kid, or dog related.

If this video was so bad, why is the bidding rumored to only be $225K? And why hasn't anyone on the Cowboys or Roc Nation paid it off via back channels? Jay-Z has probably made that much this evening.

I love it when these idiot celebs delete tweets as if the world didn't already see it. I guess he can always fall back on the ol "I was hacked" gag.

His handlers were probably banging there heaDS against the wall that he even acknowledged a situation occured. That should be enough for Goodell to at least call him into ask him what's going on.

I'm sure Goodell has an entire team of HR & publicist trying to determine the best course of action here.

I love it when these idiot celebs delete tweets as if the world didn't already see it. I guess he can always fall back on the ol "I was hacked" gag.

His handlers were probably banging there heaDS against the wall that he even acknowledged a situation occured. That should be enough for Goodell to at least call him into ask him what's going on.

I'm sure Goodell has an entire team of HR & publicist trying to determine the best course of action here.
:oldunsure:

:oldunsure:
must be new hires

Good grief. Can't we just put ANONYMOUS on this? You know, hack whoever supposedly has this "video" and put it up on the web? Win-win. The information is out and some #####-bag doesn't get to profit from it.

The one thing stopping you from a 100m contract is a video and Dez isnt bidding above 225k?

Come on... Gotta be BS
No, because there is no guarantee that no matter how much Dez would pay, someone could still have made a copy and then post it on YouTube anonymously, or thru another source. He could pay millions but it would not guarantee that this video still would not come out.
Sure but if it only cost him a few hundred grand to take care of round 1 (and maybe ends it altogether) then why not?

If your career/family situation were on the line and it cost you 3% of your salary for the possibility of it going away forever would you pass on that opportunity?
you must be the blackmailer

Bruce, if Im a betting man, the video was probably taken at night. After the store is closed.... If you catch my drift.

Assuming it exists, that is.
I just want to say I think its great that Walmart allows people with RVs and Travel trailers to spend the night in their parking lots for free. My parents have used this a number of times on the way to and from National Parks. Great way to travel frugally! Its good to hear Dez is also taking advantage of the program. Not many athletes in his position would be so smart with their hard earned dollars. I'll have to ask my parents if they've seen him around.

Bruce, if Im a betting man, the video was probably taken at night. After the store is closed.... If you catch my drift.

Assuming it exists, that is.
I just want to say I think its great that Walmart allows people with RVs and Travel trailers to spend the night in their parking lots for free. My parents have used this a number of times on the way to and from National Parks. Great way to travel frugally! Its good to hear Dez is also taking advantage of the program. Not many athletes in his position would be so smart with their hard earned dollars. I'll have to ask my parents if they've seen him around.
LOL, he could be drag racing or doing donuts in the parking lot. Darn football players!

The NFL needs to cut the ####. If the video does exist in the form that has been rumored its blackmail and they should be getting an army of lawyers to take down whatever curmudgeon and news outlet that decides to distribute it and if it doesn't exist they ought to start putting the hammer down on ESPN's half hearted "journalism" that has caused headaches here and in deflategate. If no law enforcement was involved after 4 years its a dead issue and this only serves to look bad on not just the player but once again the league. Dez, for his part and whatever his past discretions are, has cleaned up his act as far as anyone can tell.

Why the heck would Dez change agents if his current agent was protecting him?

If it is indeed a Walmart surveillance video and it does come out, wouldn't Dez just sue the living #### out of Walmart for leaking this?

I mean it's one thing to turn it over to the police and another to have someone leaking it years after something allegedly occurred. No?

The one thing stopping you from a 100m contract is a video and Dez isnt bidding above 225k?

Come on... Gotta be BS
No, because there is no guarantee that no matter how much Dez would pay, someone could still have made a copy and then post it on YouTube anonymously, or thru another source. He could pay millions but it would not guarantee that this video still would not come out.
Sure but if it only cost him a few hundred grand to take care of round 1 (and maybe ends it altogether) then why not?If your career/family situation were on the line and it cost you 3% of your salary for the possibility of it going away forever would you pass on that opportunity?
you must be the blackmailer
Shhhhhh...just trying to get what I deserve since Dez cut off my allowance..

The NFL needs to cut the ####. If the video does exist in the form that has been rumored its blackmail and they should be getting an army of lawyers to take down whatever curmudgeon and news outlet that decides to distribute it and if it doesn't exist they ought to start putting the hammer down on ESPN's half hearted "journalism" that has caused headaches here and in deflategate. If no law enforcement was involved after 4 years its a dead issue and this only serves to look bad on not just the player but once again the league. Dez, for his part and whatever his past discretions are, has cleaned up his act as far as anyone can tell.
There we go.

The NFL should deny access to certain media outlets that keep casting the NFL in a negative light, or something to that effect. After all, it isn't the players that make the league look bad, it is the constant barrage of negativity by the media that makes the league look bad.

Try talking about sports to someone who doesn't really follow it that much, and the ONLY things they have to talk about are horribly negative things.

The NFL should deny access to certain media outlets that keep casting the NFL in a negative light, or something to that effect.
You can't see how horribly that would backfire? Big bad hypersensitive NFL afraid someone will say mean things about them, so they start selectively banning media. Do you think that would cause more, or less, negative reporting from these selected media outlets, and now from other media members? C'mon. It's a free speech country, and the NFL has to just deal with the consequences when it is the subject of bad publicity, not start heavy handed banning of anyone who doesn't kiss its backside.

If it is indeed a Walmart surveillance video and it does come out, wouldn't Dez just sue the living #### out of Walmart for leaking this?

I mean it's one thing to turn it over to the police and another to have someone leaking it years after something allegedly occurred. No?
Sue for what? Its their video from their property.

In all honesty, I lost any interest I had when I saw that the "incident" occured in 2011.
The NFL doesnt care if it happened 10 years ago if there is video of one of the NFL players doing something bad the NFL will act if not it would be another PR nightmare. You can lose interest but the NFL will not.

if the blackmailer releases the video his/her easy stream of money is gone. They are gonna get paid.

Jay-Z is a gangster & an illuminati member that is in with Obama. This blackmailer is gonna have 99 problems & not having Dez next year on his dynasty team isn't gonna be one.

My interest has now bottomed out. These things grab my attention for about 48 hours and if nothing happens in that time, I'm done.

Lennay Kakua or whoever Teo's fake girlfriend was, Ray Rice, etc... Do it or don't, I got places to be.

In all honesty, I lost any interest I had when I saw that the "incident" occured in 2011.
The NFL doesnt care if it happened 10 years ago if there is video of one of the NFL players doing something bad the NFL will act if not it would be another PR nightmare. You can lose interest but the NFL will not.
Assuming something happened, it will be interesting to see what the NFL does. I would guess they can't punish him using the current system in place for something he did before the rules were established....but then gain, it seems they make up the rules as they go along.

NFL Media has produced the incident/investigation report regarding a 2011 incident in a Wal-Mart parking lot that involved Dez Bryant.

This is the incident that has been generating headlines and wild rumors over the last 24 hours. The report says an unknown person called police to explain a black female was "being dragged from one vehicle to another vehicle" by a black male. The vehicle the woman was dragged from was a Mercedes registered to Bryant. When police arrived on the scene, the alleged victim was not there. Soon after, she arrived in a Bentley with Bryant and said she had an argument with a man named Alex Person and that she was not assaulted in any way. The police let everyone go, determining there was no offense. It remains unclear if there is any video of the incident, although most Wal-Marts have security cameras. You can read the full incident report at the link below.

doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world.....seems like a lot of hype for not a lot. Yes, dragging a woman from a car and stream of handlers and other cars related to Dez isn't great but in the grand scheme of NFL thuggery this doesn't really tip the needle much especially since it was 4 years ago.

Now I'm gonna go check out the other overhyped deflate gate thread...

no one arrested, no one harmed, no story IMO
dunno

if there is a video and police never saw it it is not a non story, depending on what the video shows
Why would the police not ask Wal-Mart for the surveillance video? I don't know anything about law enforcement, but wouldn't that be an obvious thing to do? :oldunsure:
sounds like the police arrived and the matter was already over, no one pressed charges and the police didn't feel the need to move forward.

no one arrested, no one harmed, no story IMO
dunnoif there is a video and police never saw it it is not a non story, depending on what the video shows
Why would the police not ask Wal-Mart for the surveitllance video? I don't know anything about law enforcement, but wouldn't that be an obvious thing to do? :oldunsure:
It isn't worth their time. The victim disputes the reported incident and she probably looked visibly fine.

Users who are viewing this thread