What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (3 Viewers)

Obviously people look at things differently based on their own situation. 

To me this stimulus reaches all the people that have seen a disruption that unemployment and sick leave policies wont reach. People like me, tim, and roboto. 

It will also help boost the economy. 

Nothing says a stimulus has to reach everybody. It certainly isnt in any definition of it. 
What's the income cap at?  

Maryland)

Text I just got:

Heads up, a friend in the Maryland National Guard said to go buy anything needed before 5pm today.  Expect stuff to be complete lockdown.

I give it 70% of being right.  He just got activated for full-time duty two days ago ... somethings up.
can we please stop with the "my friend is in the government" posts?  
My friend IS the government!  Stormtroopers< :bye:

Here is a real world update from Southern NH. Hospitals are trying to get as many existing patients out of the hospitals to make space for the high volume of people coming in. That means putting an extra bed in every room and setting up beds in places that don't usually have patients. My wife is in the fray and has reported 3 fatalities among her patients just from this morning . . . all elderly with a suite of virus symptoms but they never were tested (and won't end up in the statistics unless they test them after the fact). Part of her job is to figure out what to do with her existing patients . . . who mostly are elderly with multiple at-risk characteristics in the same place as all the virus infected people. She works on the care planning and case management side and covers multiple hospitals . . . so she is getting more to do exponentially than she can handle. There is stuff she can't even get to in terms of phone calls, emails, texts, messages, etc. She is freaking out because the first wave has hit and hit hard. As an RN, she hasn't treated a patient in over 10 years and they are telling her she probably is going to have to get dropped into an ER soon. And as a PSA and FYI, the people coming in are not all just the elderly.

We are not even considered a hot zone and up until now have been considered on the periphery and this is just the beginning. So for anyone still out there thinking this is a great big nothing burger . . . this is an extremely serious situation. Any existing patient or clinical provider in the hospital is at high risk and they have no medical personnel to deal with any other incoming patients with other serious health issues (accidents, heart attacks, strokes, etc.). THIS IS WHY PEOPLE NEED TO STAY HOME AND KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.

Sorry for the rant and fear mongering, but I am getting fed up with people thinking this is not anything serious that are still going out to wherever and think nothing is happening and they are not involved.
Im just south of you in central MA.  Thank you for sharing.  My wife provides PT care to elderly in need for recovery and apparently is considered "critical care".  Their facility is preparing for what you are describing, but it has not hit.

:bag:  she works for a Life Care facility

Didn’t see the press conference and way behind on the thread, what exactly did they say about hydroxychloroquine? Treatment? Prevention? Both? We just got a flood of prescriptions for it but both of our suppliers are completely out.
treatment. but someone posted a link a page or two ago that referenced a small study that showed very significant reduction in the time people remained contagious.

so prevention of spread in that way.

So what's your alcohol rotation look like?  I realized that although I had plenty it lacked variety.  Whisky, wine and vodka are great and all but needed something different.  So I bought some scotch, tequilla and fireball yesterday. 

So far it has been:

Day 1 vodka

Day 2 whiskey

Day 3 tequilla

Day 4 wine

Day 5 <break>

Day 6 vodka

Day 7 whisky

You can see why I needed to add some variety as well as a plethora of  mixers.

Yes, the exponential growth has definitely slowed down a bit.
I just ran the last 4 days a little earlier when someone told me today was good news, and the rate of increase I got for each day was 13.9, 13.1, 13.5, and today 14.9. It may be better than last week, but I just don't think what was reported today can be described as good news.

So what's your alcohol rotation look like?  I realized that although I had plenty it lacked variety.  Whisky, wine and vodka are great and all but needed something different.  So I bought some scotch, tequilla and fireball yesterday. 

So far it has been:

Day 1 vodka

Day 2 whiskey

Day 3 tequilla

Day 4 wine

Day 5 <break>

Day 6 vodka

Day 7 whisky

You can see why I needed to add some variety as well as a plethora of  mixers.
100 proof vodka on the rocks with a splash of soda gets the job done fast.

I just ran the last 4 days a little earlier when someone told me today was good news, and the rate of increase I got for each day was 13.9, 13.1, 13.5, and today 14.9. It may be better than last week, but I just don't think what was reported today can be described as good news.
Good news is relative.  We aren't going to wake up one day and find that Italy has no new cases to report.  What we have to hope for is that they level off.  If they can stay in the 4-6k new cases/day range for the next week, that could be seen as leveling off.  Then we'll want to see them slowly start to drop.

If the only thing their efforts do is slow the R0 factor down, well........that would suck.

read yesterday that this will be determined via tax returns for eligibility ... many folks haven't filed yet, and i believe filing deadline has been pushed back to July - guess they'll use '19 filing for '18 financial?
So folks who make less than 25k are hosed since you don't need to file federal taxes? I think it's election year. I don't think the Rs want to leave ss/ssdi/ssi out with the stimulus.

I finally have an anecdotal story to share!  

I'm working on a work proposal and sent an email to one of the outside account execs at our company.  She messed up and sent a partial quote to our customer.

Once alerted to that, she responded that she's busy because she's been given word that all non-essential stores are closed starting tomorrow.  This is South Florida.  I have no idea if this info is legit.  

Last edited by a moderator:
See I don’t get the cap. Couldn’t somebody making 75k have lost their job? Baffling how they are botching this (not really). 
Heard an interview with Rand Paul where he was saying he wanted the checks to be tied to unemployment, so that it would go to the people who have lost jobs and not to those still working.

The guys an idiot. Business owners don't pay into unemployment so they can't collect from it. No business owner who just got shut down would get a dime if he is successful. #### him!

Heard an interview with Rand Paul where he was saying he wanted the checks to be tied to unemployment, so that it would go to the people who have lost jobs and not to those still working.

The guys an idiot. Business owners don't pay into unemployment so they can't collect from it. No business owner who just got shut down would get a dime if he is successful. #### him!
Incredible 

So folks who make less than 25k are hosed since you don't need to file federal taxes? I think it's election year. I don't think the Rs want to leave ss/ssdi/ssi out with the stimulus.
They aren't losing any income. $$ should probably go to the families making $26k that are losing their jobs and or income. 

Just for the record - I don't think Trump is being racist when he calls it the China Flu.

I think he is being irresponsible, and trying his best to create a false narrative, where the poor US response is blamed on anyone other than himself.

But - I don't think its a racist response - just immature and irresponsible.
Seems to be a very reasonable opinion. It's not racist and not unprecedented. And calling it that is counterproductive.

But for a virus that already has a widely known name (2 of them), for a new name to be taken up by a President with a questionable response, and a history of deflecting blame, it's just bad optics.

And with China possibly about to be really strong while we might hit our weakest time in a century, let's not go poking bears to protect one man's ego. 

But they sure do pay into it for their employees. 

We've known that pre-existing health conditions, especially among older people, are BY FAR the biggest "at-risk" group for over a month now.  I'm not sure what your point is, or why we need to document and release that on every death?  
Manipulating headlines to spread worldwide panic doesn’t seem very productive.

Don't worry. "Relief" for small business owners, I'm sure, will take the form it always does.......Debt.

Big business gets cash. Small business gets debt. Yay!

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
any studies on what high temperature would actually kill the virus on a surface?  a 300 degree oven?
That is entirely time dependent, but it would be way cooler than that. I would guess 150 degrees would kill it quickly, but that is a pure guess. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread