What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Chargers 2023 Thread - Had A VERY Nice Season *** (1 Viewer)

My real question is, besides myself, what Charger fans are left? And why?

I'm still here, but I'm barely hanging on. Being a Chargers fan means anticipating disappointment, but this year was a different level. Herbert, Keenan, Mike Williams, Ekeler, Linsley, Slater, Bosa, Mack, Derwin, Asante, then the surprise preseason performances of Tuli and Davis, and a Dicker at kicker to put an end to our endless woes at that position... I expected a lot more than five wins. I thought another playoff disappointment was the cellar. Capturing the division and making a SB push both seemed realistic.

So, why am I hanging on? I guess I feel like I've got too much invested - time, emotions, personality, merchandise - to start over with a different team. I'd be more likely at this point to stop supporting any team at all, or even to stop watching football altogether.

Here's a couple links for those who are tracking this:

Chargers HC watch
Chargers GM watch

Chargers have also requested interviews with...
Ben Johnson
Aaron Glenn
Steve Wilks
Todd Monken
Dan Quinn
Patrick Graham
Raheem Morris
Brian Callahan
Leslie Frazier

and potential GMs...
Adam Peters
Brandon Brown
Terrance Gray

Do they need to announce interview requests with guys not currently employed by NFL teams (like Harbaugh, Vrabel, and Belichick)?

My real question is, besides myself, what Charger fans are left? And why?

I'm still here, but I'm barely hanging on. Being a Chargers fan means anticipating disappointment, but this year was a different level. Herbert, Keenan, Mike Williams, Ekeler, Linsley, Slater, Bosa, Mack, Derwin, Asante, then the surprise preseason performances of Tuli and Davis, and a Dicker at kicker to put an end to our endless woes at that position... I expected a lot more than five wins. I thought another playoff disappointment was the cellar. Capturing the division and making a SB push both seemed realistic.

So, why am I hanging on? I guess I feel like I've got too much invested - time, emotions, personality, merchandise - to start over with a different team. I'd be more likely at this point to stop supporting any team at all, or even to stop watching football altogether.

This pretty much sums it up for me. I have deep familiarity with the Chargers history and roster. Can't really imagine moving to another team and trying to recreate that.

Chargers HC watch
Chargers GM watch

Ben Johnson
Aaron Glenn
Steve Wilks
Todd Monken
Dan Quinn
Patrick Graham
Raheem Morris
Brian Callahan
Leslie Frazier

and potential GMs...
Adam Peters
Brandon Brown
Terrance Gray

Do they need to announce interview requests with guys not currently employed by NFL teams (like Harbaugh, Vrabel, and Belichick)?

Head coach tiers for me for those you mentioned here, plus Giff Smith and Kellen Moore, both of whom already interviewed for the job:
  • Tier 1 - Harbaugh
  • Tier 2 - Vrabel, Johnson
  • Tier 3 - Quinn
  • Tier 4 - Moore, Monken, Callahan
  • Not interested - Glenn, Wilks, Graham, Morris, Frazier, Belichick, Smith
I think there is a good chance Quinn will take the Seattle job, so he may be out of consideration.

There appears to be a lot of smoke around Vrabel taking the New England job, so he may be out of consideration.

I listed Moore in tier 4 just because he is a known to the Chargers, and, importantly, Herbert. I wasn't that impressed with him this year, but hard to tell how much of that was situational, i.e., coming into an existing coaching staff, not being able to select his own offensive assistants, and working under Staley's direction.

Last edited:

Chargers HC watch
Chargers GM watch

Ben Johnson
Aaron Glenn
Steve Wilks
Todd Monken
Dan Quinn
Patrick Graham
Raheem Morris
Brian Callahan
Leslie Frazier

and potential GMs...
Adam Peters
Brandon Brown
Terrance Gray

Head coach tiers for me for those you mentioned here, plus Giff Smith and Kellen Moore, both of whom already interviewed for the job:
  • Tier 1 - Harbaugh
  • Tier 2 - Vrabel, Johnson
  • Tier 3 - Quinn
  • Tier 4 - Moore, Monken, Callahan
  • Not interested - Glenn, Wilks, Graham, Morris, Frazier, Belichick, Smith
I think there is a good chance Quinn will take the Seattle job, so he may be out of consideration.

There appears to be a lot of smoke around Vrabel taking the New England job, so he may be out of consideration.

I listed Moore in tier 4 just because he is a known to the Chargers, and, importantly, Herbert. I wasn't that impressed with him this year, but hard to tell how much of that was situational, i.e., coming into an existing coaching staff, not being able to select his own offensive assistants, and working under Staley's direction.
I like your coaching tiers. I'm not crazy about Moore, but, as you are, I'm wondering how much he may have been hampered by the regime around him. Still, the Cowboy's offense looks much better without him than it did with him. I don't think he's going to be leading a team to championship level play.

My "friend" would like a title change. It was not a nice season. I, uh, he gets sick reading that every time he goes to check the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread