What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 49ers 2012 thread (1 Viewer)

So you're saying no Luck but, in 2013, the Niners can trade up for Matt Barkley?
He is saying we can cross off QB on Prico's list. Unless the 49ers sabotage Smith again.
No. I'm saying that QB won't be an area that Niners will address from this point moving forward absent injury. It has nothing to do with the past. 2013 is a different story, but niners QB is settled for 2012.
You're saying this before the draft. After the Peyton Manning thingy. Ok.

I'm too lazy to pull up the post game playoff thread, but LOL at the saints fans who thought the niners played dirty and that the saints would get back at them next time they played.

'drummer said:
'johnadams said:
'drummer said:
'Shrugs said:
So you're saying no Luck but, in 2013, the Niners can trade up for Matt Barkley?
He is saying we can cross off QB on Prico's list. Unless the 49ers sabotage Smith again.
No. I'm saying that QB won't be an area that Niners will address from this point moving forward absent injury. It has nothing to do with the past. 2013 is a different story, but niners QB is settled for 2012.
I'm saying that once the Peyton Manning situation played out and Smith was brought under contract with a solid back-up, the niners QB situation became settled, which is in response to your statement that "anything can happen." If you think that something is going to happen around the draft, that's great. I think there's an off chance that Smith will get pulled for performance at some point this season for either Johnson or Kaepernick, but the concept that they'll make a big move is extremely remote.

'drummer said:
'johnadams said:
'drummer said:
'Shrugs said:
I'm saying that once the Peyton Manning situation played out and Smith was brought under contract with a solid back-up, the niners QB situation became settled, which is in response to your statement that "anything can happen." If you think that something is going to happen around the draft, that's great. I think there's an off chance that Smith will get pulled for performance at some point this season for either Johnson or Kaepernick, but the concept that they'll make a big move is extremely remote.
Well, Smith was a lock before the Manning thing happened and it seemed before the sweepstakes the QB situation was settled as far as he being the starter for next season. So the concept of they making a big move was remote even before then. They weren't even in the mix until late and was one of the final 3 choices. The "concept" of Kaep as possible trade bait due to his value is a valid one. There is not much guarantee built into Smith's contract either. So guess what? The QB situation isn't quite as settled, is it?

'drummer said:
'johnadams said:
'drummer said:
'Shrugs said:
Well, Smith was a lock before the Manning thing happened and it seemed before the sweepstakes the QB situation was settled as far as he being the starter for next season. So the concept of they making a big move was remote even before then. They weren't even in the mix until late and was one of the final 3 choices. The "concept" of Kaep as possible trade bait due to his value is a valid one. There is not much guarantee built into Smith's contract either. So guess what? The QB situation isn't quite as settled, is it?
We're not going to agree on this. I don't think Kaep has enough value to be a major component of a big deal. And I don't see the niners cutting Smith this year. I'll agree that the niners QB situation in 2013 is unesttled, but 2012, I just don't see any scenarios that make any sense. If you want to keep this going, I'm interested in understanding a specific scenario you see happening.

'drummer said:
'johnadams said:
'drummer said:
'Shrugs said:
We're not going to agree on this. I don't think Kaep has enough value to be a major component of a big deal. And I don't see the niners cutting Smith this year. I'll agree that the niners QB situation in 2013 is unesttled, but 2012, I just don't see any scenarios that make any sense. If you want to keep this going, I'm interested in understanding a specific scenario you see happening.
I just disagree with your absolute slam the door on the subject before the draft. I know what you're saying and it's the obvious scenario, but what you think and what could happen are two different things. Especially before the draft.

Another take on the 49ers draft needs:

NFC West draft needs

San Francisco 49ers excerpt:

Overview: The Niners will have their work cut out for them, drafting near the bottom of each of the seven rounds pending possible trades. Don’t rule out the possibility of some deals by a team that showed its willingness to strike very aggressively, despite its surprising success last season, when it made a serious run at Peyton Manning. Niners GM Trent Baalke earned a three-year contract extension and PFW/Professional Football Writers of America Executive of the Year honors in part due to the stellar job he did in last year’s draft. Baalke hit a tape-measure home run in his first year running the draft show, with first-round OLB Aldon Smith, third-round CB Chris Culliver, fourth-round RB Kendall Hunter and seventh-round FB Bruce Miller all making very valuable contributions.

Need No. 1: Offensive guard

The Niners could use a serious challenger for second-year pro Daniel Kilgore at right guard, and depth is sorely lacking at both OG spots. The versatile Adam Snyder, who replaced Chilo Rachal as the starter at right guard about a month into the 2011 season, signed with the division-rival Cardinals. Rachal, an unrestricted free agent, looks like a long shot to return to the Bay Area. The team thinks Kilgore could blossom with the benefit of a full offseason, but his only playing time last season was one snap as an extra blocker in the Monday-night game vs. the Steelers.

Need No. 2: Wide receiver

Free agents Mario Manningham and Randy Moss figure to bolster the Niners’ WR corps. But after the wideouts failed miserably in the postseason when it counted most and had considerable trouble converting third downs all season, more help is needed at this position, especially with the popular Josh Morgan having signed with the Redskins. By all accounts, Moss still has very respectable deep speed, but there are no guarantees he will be able to regain his prior form after sitting out last season.

Need No. 3: Defensive tackle

The Niners have been blessed with a workhorse starting D-line that possesses great stamina and goes above and beyond the call of duty. That said, DRT Justin Smith is 32 years old, DLT Ray McDonald has had problems on and off with his knees, and NT Isaac Sopoaga turns 31 before the start of the 2012 season. More depth up front could come in handy, with all those things considered.

If DeCastro gets past Seattle, Niners trade up to nab him.
Could totally see them doing it (everyone has been jumping on the Fleener/Harbaugh Stanford connection, but I haven't heard anyone mention the the same situation with DeCastro).If they do move up to take DeCastro though, it would probably have to be in front of Seattle.ARI and DAL are right after SEA, and both need guards (especially DAL).No way ARI trades the pick to SF (IMHO, they signed Snyder, at least in part, as a defensive move),and even if SEA and ARI don't take DeCastro, there's a really good chance DAL will.In reality, there's probably a decent chance that KC nabs him at 11, so for the Niners to do this, they'd probably have to move into the Top 10.May be too steep of a price for a guard . . .

I'm not sure I'm a fan of using a lot more draft capital to pick up another guard early. At some point they will need to start finding some OL bargains later in the draft, otherwise they will end up with too many financial resources tied up in one unit.

In other news...

Patrick Willis is in the semifinals for the 2013 EA Madden video game cover.

We need to ensure that this does not happen!

To summarize the debate on trade talks with Kaep, there is some logic here based on Harbaugh's decisions to only carry 2 QBs last year. I don't see JJ or Kaep as inactive players on a weekly basis.

Trade Kaep. Let the niners roll with Smth for 2012. See how it goes. Make a decision by March 2013. Use JJ as the starter and draft a QB / sign a FA QB. Ok.

Keep Kaep. Let the niners roll with Smith for 2012. See how it goes.ale a decision by March 2013. Use JJ or Kaep as the starter. Keep the other as a back up.

The difference is what the niners value Kaep moving forward. Is he their QBOTF? Harbaugh will never show his cards; he's a great politician this way. He will say how much he loves Smith, and if Smith falters, he will say how much he loves JJ or Kaep.

And we will believe him.

If DeCastro gets past Seattle, Niners trade up to nab him.
Could totally see them doing it (everyone has been jumping on the Fleener/Harbaugh Stanford connection, but I haven't heard anyone mention the the same situation with DeCastro).If they do move up to take DeCastro though, it would probably have to be in front of Seattle.ARI and DAL are right after SEA, and both need guards (especially DAL).No way ARI trades the pick to SF (IMHO, they signed Snyder, at least in part, as a defensive move),and even if SEA and ARI don't take DeCastro, there's a really good chance DAL will.In reality, there's probably a decent chance that KC nabs him at 11, so for the Niners to do this, they'd probably have to move into the Top 10.May be too steep of a price for a guard . . .
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Boone-expected-to-get-chance-to-compete-?blockID=686430&feedID=5936Summary of guard issues.

49ers Announce 2012 Schedule

Posted by Taylor Price on April 17, 2012 – 3:57 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, start making your traveling arrangements: The full 2012 NFL schedule has been released and the 49ers will play in five, count them five, primetime regular season games.

The 49ers will open up coach Jim Harbaugh's second season at historic Lambeau Field to take on the Green Bay Packers, marking the first time San Francisco has faced the Packers in a season opener since 1976. Other notable, non-primetime games include playoff rematches against the New York Giants and New Orleans Saints are spaced out six weeks apart in a competitive slate of games.

Three of the previously mentioned primetime games will take place at Candlestick Park; the other two will be on the road, giving a wide scope of 49ers Faithful the opportunity to see their beloved team in person.

For local fans, the 49ers will host the Detroit Lions on Sept. 16 under the lights of NBC's Sunday Night Football for the team's Week 2 home opener. Five weeks later, the 49ers will host the Seattle Seahawks for a Thursday night matchup on NFL Network. In the second half of 2012, the 49ers will host the Chicago Bears on Nov. 19 for a Week 11 Monday night tilt.

As for the marquee road matchups, the team will visit the Arizona Cardinals on Oct. 28 for a Week 8 meeting on Monday night. The 49ers will later travel to New England to face the Patriots in a Week 15 Sunday Night Football matchup on Dec. 16.

For more on the 2012 schedule, let's take a week-by-week look at the matchups that lie ahead for the 49ers.

Week 1

For the first time since 1976, the San Francisco 49ers will face the Green Bay Packers in a Sept. 9 season opener. Back in '76, the 49ers edged the Packers 26-14 under head coach Monte Clark. This time around, the 49ers will be searching for their first regular season win at historic Lambeau Field since 1990, when Joe Montana led the 49ers to a 24-20 win. It's worth noting the 49ers defeated the Packers in the 1998 playoffs. All-time, the 49ers are 26-34-1 against the Packers.

Week 2

One of the most memorable 49ers games from last season will have a return match, so to speak, when the Detroit Lions visit Candlestick Park for the home opener on Sept. 16. The 49ers edged the Lions on the road last year 25-19 thanks to a fourth-down touchdown pass from Alex Smith to Delanie Walker. The abrupt ending to last year's game will certainly make things more intriguing when the team's meet at Candlestick Park for the third time in five years. The 49ers have won 15 of their last 17 games against the Lions dating back to 1983. All-time, the 49ers are 36-27-1 against the Lions.

Week 3

The only team the 49ers face both in the preseason and regular season are the Minnesota Vikings, who will host the 49ers on Sept. 23 at the Metrodome. The 49ers were defeated in heart-breaking fashion the last time the teams met in the 2009 regular season when future Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre completed a game-winning touchdown pass on the last play from scrimmage for a 27-24 victory. This time around, the 49ers will face second-year quarterback Christian Ponder who looks to start the season under center for Minnesota. All-time, the 49ers are 22-21-1 against the Vikings.

Week 4

The 49ers will stay on the road for back-to-back weeks as they travel to The Big Apple to face the New York Jets on Sept. 30 at Met Life Stadium. The 49ers were defeated by the Jets 22-14 when the team's last met in New York during the 2004 regular season. San Francisco defeated New York 24-14 when the team's last met in 2008. All-time, the 49ers are 9-2 against the Jetshttp://www.49ers.com/news-and-event...ork-Jets/cee35c56-da05-4465-8031-5431d09c7f05.

Week 5

For consecutive weeks the 49ers will face opponents from the AFC East, this time, hosting the Buffalo Bills on Oct. 7. San Francisco last faced Buffalo in 2008, defeating the Bills 10-3 on the road. Both teams have changed drastically since that time and were a combined 9-1 last season through five weeks. All-time, the 49ers are 5-5 against the Bills.http://www.49ers.com/news-and-event...lo-Bills/0af851fc-4639-4237-b291-9dd8140d067c

Week 6

It's one of the games everyone's been waiting for, a rematch between the 49ers and New York Giants will take place Sunday, Oct. 14 at Candlestick Park. The teams met twice in 2011, with the 49ers winning at home in the regular season, but ultimately falling short in the NFC Championship game to the eventual Super Bowl-champion Giants. All-time, the 49ers are 18-18 against the Giants.

Week 7

San Francisco's second primetime matchup of 2012 takes place again at Candlestick Park when the Seattle Seahawks come into town. It also marks the 49ers' first NFC West divisional matchup of the 2012 regular season. Last year, the 49ers swept the Seahawks in divisional play. All-time, the 49ers are 13-13 against the Seahawks.

Week 8

For back-to-back weeks the 49ers will play at night and against an NFC West foe. This time, the Arizona Cardinals host the 49ers Oct. 29 on ESPN's "Monday Night Football." The 49ers split the season series with the Cardinals last season, having lost in Arizona 21-19. Former 49ers guard Adam Snyder, who signed with the Cardinals this offseason, will face his former teammates for the first time. All-time, the 49ers are 24-17 against the Cardinals.

Week 9

The 49ers will enjoy a nicely positioned bye week which splits their season equally at the midway point.

Week 10

The second-half of the 2012 schedule kicks off at home against the new-look St. Louis Rams led by new coach Jeff Fisher. The 49ers swept the Rams in 2011, clinching an NFC West title in a home victory and the NFC's No. 2 seed in a road victory. All-time, the 49ers are 62-61-2 against the Rams.

Week 11

The teams that lost in the last two NFC Championship games will meet on "Monday Night Football," when the 49ers host the Chicago Bears for an Nov. 19 meeting. The team's last met in 2009, where Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was intercepted five times by the 49ers on their way to a 10-6 victory. All-time, the 49ers are 31-29-1 against the Bears.

Week 12

One of the most anticipated regular season games on the 49ers schedule takes place in New Orleans when the 49ers face the team they knocked out of the Divisional Playoff Round on Nov. 25. It's safe to say the Saints will be out to stop the 49ers and the "Vernon Post." All-time, the 49ers are 46-24-2 against the Saints.

Week 13

The 49ers will stay on the road in Week 13 to face the St. Louis Rams, three weeks after the teams meet initially at Candlestick Park. The NFC West matchup begins the team's final four-week period of the season. All-time, the 49ers are 62-61-2 against the Rams.

Week 14

Perhaps Frank Gore will finally get a chance to play in front of his hometown of Miami when the 49ers visit the Dolphins on Dec. 9. Gore was unable to play the last time the team's met in 2008, a Miami victory. All-time, the 49ers are 5-6 against the Dolphinshttp://www.49ers.com/news-and-event...Dolphins/66846f2b-d071-4490-a641-e09f19b9cd26.

Week 15

The 49ers will compete again on the East Coast in back-to-back weeks when they face the AFC Champion New England Patriots on NBC's Sunday Night Football set for Dec. 16. The 49ers are 5-5 all-time at New England and haven't played in there since 2005. All-time the 49ers are 7-4 against the Patriots.http://www.49ers.com/news-and-event...Patriots/abf667a9-d42b-4772-b0af-0ae082fc5553

Week 16

The NFC West division could be decided in Seattle when the 49ers face their NFC West rivals on Dec. 23. The teams met in Seattle last season for a competitive Week 16 contest that saw the 49ers edge the Seahawks 19-17 thanks to fourth-quarter fumble from quarterback Tarvaris Jackson. All-time, the 49ers are 13-13 against the Seahawks.

Week 17

For the second time in three years, the 49ers will conclude their regular season at home against the Arizona Cardinals. The 49ers are 14-8 against the Cardinals at home, including a 4-1 mark in their last five contests at Candlestick Park. All-time, the 49ers are 24-17 against the Cardinals.

So Fro and any other season ticket holders...you gonna pay the $30k per seat license at the new stadium?

I grew up in a family with season tickets, been going since the mid 70s...but dang thats a nice chunk of change...leaning against it. :(

'5Rings said:
So Fro and any other season ticket holders...you gonna pay the $30k per seat license at the new stadium? I grew up in a family with season tickets, been going since the mid 70s...but dang thats a nice chunk of change...leaning against it. :(
I went down to santa clara to hear the spiel on club seating and what the process for season ticket holders for migration. Those prices are only for club seating. I think later this month if you have season tickets and decline the club seating option you will be allocated non club seating based on your site line. This allocation is a take or leave it scenario. These allocated seats will also have SBL's but they will not nearly be as expensive as the club seating option. My current seats are in the 3rd row of the Wedge (over where the van's can drive in on the NE corner of the stick). My sales rep indicated that my equivalent SBL's when allocated at the new Stadium would be somewhere btw 6K and 9K per seat, a much easier pill to swallow than two 20K SBL's. But I'm a fool and plunked down the money for club seats. I figured this is will be the only time I can lock in club seats. Once they are gone . .. they are gone and the wait list will grow and grow. I think nosebleeds SBL's will only be 1K-2K, so there really is a price point for everyone.

'5Rings said:
So Fro and any other season ticket holders...you gonna pay the $30k per seat license at the new stadium?

I grew up in a family with season tickets, been going since the mid 70s...but dang thats a nice chunk of change...leaning against it. :(
I went down to santa clara to hear the spiel on club seating and what the process for season ticket holders for migration. Those prices are only for club seating. I think later this month if you have season tickets and decline the club seating option you will be allocated non club seating based on your site line. This allocation is a take or leave it scenario. These allocated seats will also have SBL's but they will not nearly be as expensive as the club seating option. My current seats are in the 3rd row of the Wedge (over where the van's can drive in on the NE corner of the stick). My sales rep indicated that my equivalent SBL's when allocated at the new Stadium would be somewhere btw 6K and 9K per seat, a much easier pill to swallow than two 20K SBL's. But I'm a fool and plunked down the money for club seats.

I figured this is will be the only time I can lock in club seats. Once they are gone . .. they are gone and the wait list will grow and grow. I think nosebleeds SBL's will only be 1K-2K, so there really is a price point for everyone.
Congrats Fro. That is awesome to hear. :thumbup:

'5Rings said:
So Fro and any other season ticket holders...you gonna pay the $30k per seat license at the new stadium? I grew up in a family with season tickets, been going since the mid 70s...but dang thats a nice chunk of change...leaning against it. :(
Found a sweet Red and Gold SJ hat to go with the new stadium.

'5Rings said:
Found a sweet Red and Gold SJ hat to go with the new stadium.
:yucky:
<<< My new avatar to continue from the old one.

Last edited by a moderator:

I went down to santa clara to hear the spiel on club seating and what the process for season ticket holders for migration. Those prices are only for club seating. I think later this month if you have season tickets and decline the club seating option you will be allocated non club seating based on your site line. This allocation is a take or leave it scenario. These allocated seats will also have SBL's but they will not nearly be as expensive as the club seating option. My current seats are in the 3rd row of the Wedge (over where the van's can drive in on the NE corner of the stick). My sales rep indicated that my equivalent SBL's when allocated at the new Stadium would be somewhere btw 6K and 9K per seat, a much easier pill to swallow than two 20K SBL's. But I'm a fool and plunked down the money for club seats.

I figured this is will be the only time I can lock in club seats. Once they are gone . .. they are gone and the wait list will grow and grow. I think nosebleeds SBL's will only be 1K-2K, so there really is a price point for everyone.
Congrats Fro. That is awesome to hear. :thumbup:
Thanks for the rundown. As a Sunnyvale, CA resident I will be scooping up a couple of tix via my buddy that's currently got 6 and will only be renewing 2 after they make the move. :thumbup:

My perfect Thursday:

WR Kendall Wright

or

DL Devon Still

My perfect Friday:

OG Zeitler, Silatolu, or Osemele

then

BPA--Denard, Broyles, Fleming, Sanu...

Would have rather had a big bodied WR in 2nd-3rd than reach for Jenkins. I was expecting the other Jenkins, Janoris.

A.J. Jenkins, really? Do they think he's going to be another A.J. Green? Said they liked his team first mentality. Probably a few other guys they could have taken with a team first mentality. Just a little puzzled by the pick but since I trust Harbaugh I'll give the kid the benefit of the doubt and hope he turns in to a good NFL WR. I know he's a speedster so I'm not sure Alex will be able to get the ball downfield to him. Of course if there's another QB starting next year or even this year with an arm to throw the longball AJ may hit on a few. Seems there were still a few WR's left on the board who were ranked better than Jenkins but the kids no slouch, just needs some good coaching and we may have ourselves a gem. I'm hoping that's what happens as I'd seen him projected as a 4th round pick by some. But whadda they know, Brady didn't go til the 6th round. So if the 49ers feel Jenkins is their guy I'll back them on it and cheer for AJ's success.

Could have gotten him a round later. Terrible pick. Should have traded up to get decastro after he started falling

Could have gotten him a round later. Terrible pick. Should have traded up to get decastro after he started falling
Baalke thought other teams were after Jenkins too. I have no reason to disbelieve him. Not everyone is working off of kiper's rankings. Trading up to get a RG, a position easily filled in later rounds, would have been a disaster.

Per rotoworld:The Rams reportedly had WR A.J. Jenkins rated so highly that his grade was nearly equal to Justin Blackmon's on their draft board. St. Louis appears to be the team that had Jenkins rated ahead of Michael Floyd, as reported by SI.com's Peter King. That being the case, it's hard to fault the 49ers for jumping on Jenkins. The Rams would have pulled the trigger at No. 33, No. 39, or No. 45 on Friday. Apr 27 - 8:41 AM

Per rotoworld:The Rams reportedly had WR A.J. Jenkins rated so highly that his grade was nearly equal to Justin Blackmon's on their draft board. St. Louis appears to be the team that had Jenkins rated ahead of Michael Floyd, as reported by SI.com's Peter King. That being the case, it's hard to fault the 49ers for jumping on Jenkins. The Rams would have pulled the trigger at No. 33, No. 39, or No. 45 on Friday. Apr 27 - 8:41 AM
Here's the article that came from: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-miss-out-on-jenkins/article_02ddc12d-b649-5ef0-84f4-02f6487fb11d.html#.T5pPUjNBw9A.twitter

'thecatch said:
'JHuber77 said:
Baalke thought other teams were after Jenkins too. I have no reason to disbelieve him. Not everyone is working off of kiper's rankings. Trading up to get a RG, a position easily filled in later rounds, would have been a disaster.
Read somewhere that Baalke had Jenkins pinned on his board the night before, so he was the 30 pick all along. Not a Franchise killing pick when you look at it. They need to overhaul the WR corp anyway. Could be a solid pick or another Jason Hill, who was a later round speedster who never caught on. Either way, nothing to beef on at 30.

I wasn't suggesting anything about kipers rankings. A RG like decastro would have been huge for the 9ers. They lost Snyder in FA and really don't have anyone to fill that spot yet. Decastro would have been your RG for a decade or so, all with 1 pick. Getting someone in the 1st round who would probably be your 4th best WR or a physical mauler who could play right away? Give me the RG any day of the week. They should have traded up or down instead of taking Jenkins

I wasn't suggesting anything about kipers rankings. A RG like decastro would have been huge for the 9ers. They lost Snyder in FA and really don't have anyone to fill that spot yet. Decastro would have been your RG for a decade or so, all with 1 pick. Getting someone in the 1st round who would probably be your 4th best WR or a physical mauler who could play right away? Give me the RG any day of the week. They should have traded up or down instead of taking Jenkins
They might have a RG for the next ten years already on the roster. They may draft one in the mid rounds. No reason to mortgage the farm for a guy at that spot. It's been established they couldn't have traded down and got Jenkins. He is not being blocked by any superstars on the WR depth chart. If baalke thought he was the BPA they were right to take him. You may disagree with baalke's evaluation, but I think he has earned the benefit of the doubt. Certainly other teams had similar grades on him.

I don't understand the logic here. DeCastro was taken by the Steelers at 1.24, so then you'd have to factor in losing the WR you really wanted, who by all accounts would have been taken by the Rams two picks later, plus the cost of trading up at least 7 spots in the first round, too. Maybe if they were drafting at 24 they would have taken DeCastro instead, but they weren't.

Scratches head, opens beer, turns off tv.....
I'm actually surprisingly content with the draft so far. We are loading up on offense since that was our weakness last season. Kyle Williams is as good as gone though, IMO. And if Ginn gets hurt, then James should be able to handle the return duties. Will be a very interesting camp.

With the first pick tomorrow, have to wonder if Bobby Massie may be destined to be the new RG, or even RT with moving Davis to RG.

S.F. makes two trades in the 4th and have pick 125 yet to come. Wonder what they got for the trades and what they have in mind. I'm ok with our draft so far. Wasn't a big Jenkins fan but maybe they can turn him into a good WR2. Don't think he's got WR1 ability, but you never know, if he gets a better QB than Smith. Crabtree's not tearing it up yet and you wonder if he ever will. Manningham should be a workman-like WR and who knows how Moss will do or how long he'll be around. I see they took OT Joe Looney at 117. They definitely need OL help & depth.

I guess Kendall Hunter fans aren't too happy with the LeMichael James pick, yet Hunter should be fine, but the Redskins showed last year you can't have too many RB's and Gore can't go on forever. James is a little undersized at 195 I think and I don't think he'll take many carries away from Hunter this year. James will probably be used as a change-of-pace back coming in and get a few carries and work him in on punt returns. Goodbye Mr. Kyle Williams,LOL. Actually picking him may help Hunter by pushing him a little more to succeed and that could be a positive.So the Niners so far in the draft have showed they have a lot of confdence in their defense and they knew they needed to address the offense and they've done that to a degree in the draft and as well in FA. Not sure what impact their picks will have right away or even this year but they also seem to be looking at these guys as players that'll help them in the future. I believe were headed in the right direction now and I like the 49ers future. Thank God, it's been a long time coming. Just a matter of time before we get that 6th SB ring. GO NINERS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread