What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2023 Atlantic Hurricane Thread - Tammy (1 Viewer)

So I learned something interesting. Each basin has a different cone width. The EPAC has the tightest cone.

Hoping the best for all those in the path of Hilary. I sure wouldn’t want to be anywhere near Palm Springs when this thing rolls in.

How tf is California getting a Hurricane? Man we are in hell.
Very likely they won't. What will happen is it will be reported as a tropical storm and people will sleep on it and drown.
Not if you use the AccuWeather app. There’s a chance of tstorms here almost every day this time of the year. Everyday I get “damaging winds, hail, FLOODING!!!!” and most days we get nothing

How tf is California getting a Hurricane? Man we are in hell.
Very likely they won't. What will happen is it will be reported as a tropical storm and people will sleep on it and drown.
Not if you use the AccuWeather app. There’s a chance of tstorms here almost every day this time of the year. Everyday I get “damaging winds, hail, FLOODING!!!!” and most days we get nothing
Not sure why this is relevant exactly.

Last tropical storm+ to hit California? 1939
I've seen this posted a few times now and wonder where that info is coming from.

This one is tracking nearly identically the Kathleen in 1976 so far, but maybe a bit stronger. Flash flooding in the desert areas will be severe. Unfortunately, people won't listen and there will be loss of life.
I think 1939 was the last one where the landfall was in California, so that causes a bit of confusion.

Last tropical storm+ to hit California? 1939
I've seen this posted a few times now and wonder where that info is coming from.

This one is tracking nearly identically the Kathleen in 1976 so far, but maybe a bit stronger. Flash flooding in the desert areas will be severe. Unfortunately, people won't listen and there will be loss of life.
I think 1939 was the last one where the landfall was in California, so that causes a bit of confusion.
It's makes the comparison even more odd then ... this one is not making landfall in California either. Probably just another way to make the news a little more dramatic than it needs to be.

Five systems in the Atlantic. Seems none will be a threat for the US though. Maybe one in the Gulf will bring some rain to TX

Five systems in the Atlantic. Seems none will be a threat for the US though. Maybe one in the Gulf will bring some rain to TX
There's some support for one of the storms doing a u turn in the Atlantic. But nothing really seems imminently bad.

Really need that gulf storm to bring rain to Texas. It's really bad here.

There's some support for one of the storms doing a u turn in the Atlantic. But nothing really seems imminently bad.

Really need that gulf storm to bring rain to Texas. It's really bad here.
REALLY BAD.
Looks like a good chance for south TX.

Euro now has another cooker in the Gulf on the 26th. It's not usually smiled on to look that far out but can't help self sometimes. We need the rain bad.

Franklin is much, much stronger than the models had it as of yesterday, now. If that makes sense. It is curving out to sea, but it's a hard right. Beyond Friday it could do just about anything, come back to the US, run off to Ireland, nothing.

Emily is post-tropical and will probably be gone soon. The others seem likely to get swept up in a trough and will form a train heading north then northeast. Certainly hope so anyway.

We're getting some rain up in the Bay Area from Hilary, and I'm not sure if it's related to Hilary, but we're also getting some random big gusts of wind. My neighbor's Costco gazebo-ish sun shade is currently resting upside down on top of their roof.

My in-laws were going to head over to our house for my daughter’s volleyball game on Monday, which is coincidentally my birthday, but with this storm looking to hit around then, they’re staying out in Lakeland because they want to make sure their generator is working and their new fridge doesn’t break

My in-laws were going to head over to our house for my daughter’s volleyball game on Monday, which is coincidentally my birthday, but with this storm looking to hit around then, they’re staying out in Lakeland because they want to make sure their generator is working and their new fridge doesn’t break
What hits where Monday?

What hits where Monday?
Sounds like they're blowing him off. Storm on Wednesday likely nowhere really near Lakeland...sorry we can't come over on Monday. ;)

What hits where Monday?
Sounds like they're blowing him off. Storm on Wednesday likely nowhere really near Lakeland...sorry we can't come over on Monday. ;)
It was more for the game, not me. Still, they’ve legitimately had bad luck with storms and the fridges in their house, and they were going to surprise my daughter

Dropped my son off in Tallahassee last weekend for his first year of college and at this point, albeit early, the first hurricane of the season to impact Florida is heading straight there. Should be a fun hurricane party for him, if anything...

In all seriousness, I'm keeping an eye on it because I know he probably won't. And sent him an Anker battery charger for his phone and a couple of inexpensive battery-powered LED lamps just in case.

Dropped my son off in Tallahassee last weekend for his first year of college and at this point, albeit early, the first hurricane of the season to impact Florida is heading straight there. Should be a fun hurricane party for him, if anything...

In all seriousness, I'm keeping an eye on it because I know he probably won't. And sent him an Anker battery charger for his phone and a couple of inexpensive battery-powered LED lamps just in case.
I can confirm Tallahassee Hurricane parties are fun. 2005 one hit us.

Idallia went a bit more south so the tracks have gotten more east and stronger. A major landfall in SC is now on the table.

Just "celebrated" the third anniversary of Hurrican Laura. I never thought I would be in the eye of a category 4 storm. SW Louisiana has still not recovered. Housing is still in short supply and we have a worker shortage much greater than the rest of the country due to the lack of low-end housing. Many abandoned properties still in limbo.

GL everyone in Florida with this one.

Major (cat3+) landfall in FL between Tampa and Tallahassee, then up the coast until SC where it takes a hard right, and from there who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread