What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2022 college football thread: its conference realignment season. (1 Viewer)

One of my favorite coaches across all sports at any level. What a bummer.

The most recent interview I saw of him after some game had me in stitches, yet again, and I sent it out to a bunch of buddies. The girl interviewing him had a ring on her finger. In vintage Leach fashion, he turned the interview around to a coaching session about marriage and why weddings were basically BS. A total waste of time and money. And how after the cancelled wedding (or small ceremony), the women who were close to the bride and supposed to be in it, including Mom and family will all be pissed off at her for weeks. But how that doesn't matter, and how eventually they'd get over it. And in the end, the interviewer and husband would be much better off financially, so to not worry about any of the fall out or other stuff. :lmao: All true, of course.

He goes on to ask where the future husband is and what does he do, LOL. Then looks into the camera and gives the guy advice, too.

End of interview, runs off the field. :lmao::lmao:

One of my favorite coaches across all sports at any level. What a bummer.

The most recent interview I saw of him after some game had me in stitches, yet again, and I sent it out to a bunch of buddies. The girl interviewing him had a ring on her finger. In vintage Leach fashion, he turned the interview around to a coaching session about marriage and why weddings were basically BS. A total waste of time and money. And how after the cancelled wedding (or small ceremony), the women who were close to the bride and supposed to be in it, including Mom and family will all be pissed off at her for weeks. But how that doesn't matter, and how eventually they'd get over it. And in the end, the interviewer and husband would be much better off financially, so to not worry about any of the fall out or other stuff. :lmao: All true, of course.

He goes on to ask where the future husband is and what does he do, LOL. Then looks into the camera and gives the guy advice, too.

End of interview, runs off the field. :lmao::lmao:
Was just watching this

Even though I don't follow college football with any seriousness, it's always sad to lose innovators and characters in the sport. I knew of and about Leach, and remembered that he innovated great offenses, but I was unaware of his character until Minshew played for Jacksonville. Minshew brought a bit of his old coach with him to the NFL, I guess.

Just watched the 60 Minutes interview with him done in 2009 when he was still at Tech. Always interesting.

RIP.

Today on TV:
Bahamas Bowl - UAB v. Miami (OH) 11:30 am on ESPN
Division III National Championship - North Central v. Mount Union 7:00 PM on ESPNU

Saw tht Bahamas had a couple minutes left so I pulled up the livestream. Naturally naied the start of 5 minutes of commercials. It's an uncanny skill I have

I thought if there's a personal foul/targeting called on the field that if they review it they can only take the targeting away but not the penalty. Am I remembering that wrong or did they change that rule? Because that happened in this UTSA-Troy game - they called a personal foul and targeting and then took both away after reviewing it.

I don't think I've watched more than 5 minutes of Bowl action thus far. Gone are the days of fun, IMO. Not even gambling can make these relevant for me.
I know how you feel. I have a nice little war chest built up to bet on these games, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
I also don't know who's playing and who has opted out, and looking into all of that feels like a chore.

Twitter can totally go away except for early signing day as far as I'm concerned. The Phil Knight memes alone are worth it today.

Not sure what high end NIL deals are. I do know that Bama deals avg $100k. But Bryce was $1m (post enrollment). The big Miami booster is rumored to be spending up to $1m per for several in a class, but I don’t think he’s publicly admitted more that about $700k.

Not sure what high end NIL deals are. I do know that Bama deals avg $100k. But Bryce was $1m (post enrollment). The big Miami booster is rumored to be spending up to $1m per for several in a class, but I don’t think he’s publicly admitted more that about $700k.
Word is Jordan Travis got a mil from fsu which seems about right. All the other guys who came back got 50-100.

Twitter can totally go away except for early signing day as far as I'm concerned. The Phil Knight memes alone are worth it today.
Oregon killing it today. Probably the most enjoyable signing day ever for Duck fans.

Sweet! The loss of the QB Moore (?) didn't dampen the mood any?

Flipped a 4* Baylor commit at QB to fill that spot, then flipped a 5* Safety and 4* RB from Notre Dame, and got DJ U's 5* brother Matayo (edge rusher) out of So Cal (over tOSU and USC). Lost one 4* DB to UW, and have a 5* WR that hasn't signed yet today still sitting out there, but it's been a day of pretty much all good surprises for the Ducks. Ranked 6th-8th nationally I think at this point.

Yeah sad to see the class fall apart at the end for Freeman. He's got to keep winning to eventually win some of these battles. The Bowen commit was especially brutal because he told the whole ND class he was coming last night on a joint zoom call and even his mom was shocked today by his call. Wish him the best if that's where he feels like he fits best.

I think NIL eventually will blow itself up here in the next few years. People I would trust far more in the know are talking about kids on the other end of this today. What comes with $$$$ is expectation and if you don't meet them, there's the portal kid.

I bet Air Force +6.5 when the line opened, and it's down to +3.5/+4. I'd still bet it at that number. Rumor is Baylor is going to have more opt outs before game time tomorrow. :shrug:

Oregon killing it today. Probably the most enjoyable signing day ever for Duck fans.

Oh it did suck for a few days after hearing Moore might flip. Then heard Oregon got a stealth last minute visit from a high 4 star QB out of Texas and he ultimately flipped to Oregon. Then a 5 star safety from Texas who was supposedly down to Notre Dame and Oklahoma shocked everyone and chose the Ducks this morning. Following that we had a 5 star defensive lineman who 24 hours ago everyone thought was headed to USC flip to Oregon. Then another 4 star RB flips from Notre Dame to Oregon amd a 4 star CB flips from LSU. Add in the top ranked offensive tackle in the portal declaring to the Ducks today and it was a massive haul.

Oh it did suck for a few days after hearing Moore might flip. Then heard Oregon got a stealth last minute visit from a high 4 star QB out of Texas and he ultimately flipped to Oregon. Then a 5 star safety from Texas who was supposedly down to Notre Dame and Oklahoma shocked everyone and chose the Ducks this morning. Following that we had a 5 star defensive lineman who 24 hours ago everyone thought was headed to USC flip to Oregon. Then another 4 star RB flips from Notre Dame to Oregon amd a 4 star CB flips from LSU. Add in the top ranked offensive tackle in the portal declaring to the Ducks today and it was a massive haul.

Bowen signed but never sent in his NIL, and now it sounds like he's flipping again to Oklahoma where his girlfriend goes. My guess is he's been waiting for their NIL package to be good enough to offset whatever Oregon offered before making it official.

People who provide a valued service should be paid for it, no?

The networks aren't shelling out billions to broadcast the coaches....hell yes the players should get paid. They have been for decades; we're just now legitimizing it and paying them their true worth.
The whole system is still a mess. Players should get paid but there should be a way to maintain team loyalty/cohesion. Sign them to two or three year contracts or something.

5-start IMG Safety Desmond Ricks announces at 6:30 today. He's been an LSU lean but late picks are rolling in on Bama. If that happens, this Bama class i believe will pass last year's TAMU class as the highest ranked ever. I'm guessing the 🐐 is well aware of that fact....maybe he'll send Jimbo a Christmas card.

Last edited:
People who provide a valued service should be paid for it, no?

The networks aren't shelling out billions to broadcast the coaches....hell yes the players should get paid. They have been for decades; we're just now legitimizing it and paying them their true worth.
The whole system is still a mess. Players should get paid but there should be a way to maintain team loyalty/cohesion. Sign them to two or three year contracts or something.

Why? Coaches have no loyalty. Why should players be forced into that?

Users who are viewing this thread