What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 Michigan Football*** (1 Viewer)

Nussmeier jumping ship to Florida. Shouldn't be a big surprise since his future there is already in question. Just hard to believe we paid him big bucks and got a whole year out of him.
Did he leave before he was "dismissed"

Does UM have to pay his buyout? or Florida?

NCAA is a step down from the NFL in terms of

coaching.
Nope, it's not. You can argue this all you want and you'd still be wrong.
It is silly to think otherwise. I don't see how anyone can effectively argue that coaching college kids compares to coaching the best of the best in the NFL.
You're a Boston guy, you know #### about college football.

How many NFL coaching legends are there? Lombardi, Landry, Knoll, Brown, probably

Belicheat. /list

How many college football legends are there? Schembechler, Bryant, Switzer, Wilkinson, Royal,

Hayes, Paterno, Osbourne, Rockne, Saban, Warner, Stagg, Snyder, Bowden, Robinson etc.

Guys in college get stadiums named after them,

guys in the pros get recycled.
Yes, college coaches are more revered. I fail to see how that is an argument that coaching at the college level isn't a step down from the NFL. If you want to compete at the highest level and challenge yourself, the NFL is much more of a test than the NCAA. In some ways you are making my point for me. It is much easier to become a great college coach than become a great NFL coach.
All you are considering is the X's and the O's of coaching (which is still questionable)...College coaching is so much more than that...as DD already pointed out. Many believe a coach like Gruden wouldn't make it in college, at least not to the same Champ level.

Payton, Jim Harbaugh, Coughlin, and NFL Carroll are better coaches than Saban, Meyer, Fisher, Miles, and College Carroll?

Some NFL coaches wouldn't be able to handle the recruiting aspect that well. I can't imagine Beelicheeeech being a good recruiter, yet he is one of the best coaches in the game.

On the other hand, a lot of college coaches couldn't handle the personalities and freedom mega rich pro athletes have.

Some NFL coaches wouldn't be able to handle the recruiting aspect that well. I can't imagine Beelicheeeech being a good recruiter, yet he is one of the best coaches in the game.

On the other hand, a lot of college coaches couldn't handle the personalities and freedom mega rich pro athletes have.
Recruiting isn't coaching, while it is obviously a big part of being in charge of a college program it is irrelevant to this discussion. From a coaching standpoint, I'm not sure anyone has presented an argument for college presenting more of a challenge than the pros.

Is anyone going to argue that Harbaugh leaving Stanford for SF didn't constitute a step forward

in his career? If not, how can anyone argue against the fact that getting fired from that job and taking a job with a college program at best on par with the one he left for SF constitutes a step back in his career?

Last edited by a moderator:
JH can basically have any vacant coaching job he wants (NFL or NCAA)... He could prob have a few coaches fired and take their jobs if he wanted.

If he wants to coach at Michigan he can go there. Should it not work out for whatever reason, I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of NFL opportunity a few years from now.

Regardless, I still see the college scenario unlikely for JH, no matter how much money they are throwing at him. He's comes so close to a Super Bowl, I can't see him leaving the NFL until he wins one. Unfortunately this won't be in SF :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Recruiting isn't coaching, while it is obviously a big part of being in charge of a college program it is irrelevant to this discussion.
It's extremely relevant to the discussion. We're talking about whether a college job is a step down from an NFL job. You can't just throw out something that is an enormous part of a college job.

Please take the college vs nfl garbage elsewhere.
Sorry for the hijack, I didn't think what I wrote would even be argued but I obviously underestimated the distortion one has viewing the world through maize colored glasses.

Merry Christmas everyone!
:confused: Is it being looked at through "maize colored glasses" because it's the Michigan thread? Otherwise, not sure what Michigan has to do with the "distortion". There are several from varying fanbases calling you on your comments. One or two of which are Michigan fans. If you ignore that fact, I guess you have a point? It's just one that no one understands :shrug:

And I think it's big that Durkin is making Texas A&M wait so he can see what Harbaugh does. I really like Mattison, but Durkin would be great also.

Nussmeier jumping ship to Florida. Shouldn't be a big surprise since his future there is already in question. Just hard to believe we paid him big bucks and got a whole year out of him.
Did they let him out of his contract?
The articles I've read so far don't seem to mention those particulars. Unless I'm reading right over it...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24916581/florida-announces-doug-nussmeier-as-offensive-coordinator

According to mgoblog it's fappening!
Gregg Henson is saying he might be bringing #1 Pro Style QB Josh Rosen too.
I'm :thumbup: on Harbaugh...but how would they have Rosen flipping already during a dead period?
Dead period just means there are no visits. It could be that Rosen is saying Michigan is back in play if Harbaugh goes home. It will be interesting to see if he can persuade some of the other initial recruits too.

I'm :thumbup: on Harbaugh...but how would they have Rosen flipping already during a dead period?
Dead period just means there are no visits. It could be that Rosen is saying Michigan is back in play if Harbaugh goes home. It will be interesting to see if he can persuade some of the other initial recruits too.
I'm just saying...'might be bringing' is a little strong. Did he visit UM? They are not in his top 5 right now...and he may have a starting job waiting for him in LA. One step at a time...

I'm just saying...'might be bringing' is a little strong. Did he visit UM? They are not in his top 5 right now...and he may have a starting job waiting for him in LA. One step at a time...
He did visit in March. I am just telling you what he said he heard from a trusted source. The guy has been pretty spot on of late. NFL guys are still not going with what he had been saying for a long time.

What's the thought of going after those who were initially committed and then bailed? Part of me says screw 'em. Another part of me says they're 18 year old kids so WTF, welcome them back :oldunsure:

What's the thought of going after those who were initially committed and then bailed? Part of me says screw 'em. Another part of me says they're 18 year old kids so WTF, welcome them back :oldunsure:
When you see the downward trajectory of the team under Hoke I am not sure how you could blame anyone for bailing.

When you see the downward trajectory of the team under Hoke I am not sure how you could blame anyone for bailing.
Then there's this. Good point.

I like the 'we've heard the catering staff at UM is prepping for a huge secret party on Tues night' rumor...that's a new one for the list.

gump said:
LAUNCH said:
gump said:
LAUNCH said:
scrumptrulescent said:
He's quoted yesterday as saying he's not going anywhere but UCLA, Harbaugh or no Harbaugh. He's also starting school at UCLA on January 5, so they'd need to work quickly.

gump said:
LAUNCH said:
gump said:
LAUNCH said:
scrumptrulescent said:
He's quoted yesterday as saying he's not going anywhere but UCLA, Harbaugh or no Harbaugh. He's also starting school at UCLA on January 5, so they'd need to work quickly.
Agree. I think this is a stupid hype rumor. This kid will go where he committed to, and he should.

Besides, UM has a very good QB prospect coming in

gump said:
LAUNCH said:
gump said:
LAUNCH said:
scrumptrulescent said:
Agree. I think this is a stupid hype rumor. This kid will go where he committed to, and he should.

Yea, Eff Shane Morris.

gump said:
LAUNCH said:
gump said:
LAUNCH said:
scrumptrulescent said:

Yea, Eff Shane Morris.
He has nothing to do with this whatsoever but thanks for the input.

John U Bacon says it's a done deal. Says friends of Harbaugh have already booked flights to Michigan. Don't ask who that is because he doesn't mention names. Bacon is pretty well connected though.

Does Harbaugh have a posse?

Still can't let myself believe it just yet :lol: Certainly not on any of the major news media outlets. If this goes through, they've been the most wrong about this whole thing than anything I can ever remember. Kinda funny actually.

Please hire harbaugh. The rest of the big 10 needs a hateable coach there.

Btw - love that my iPhone replaces harbaugh with garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread