What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official 2019 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* - Season's over; Go Away Now... (1 Viewer)

First teety bar I ever went to and I’m pretty sure it’s still there. 
Mine was Turks. Guys at work took me for another co workers B-day. This was 3 yrs ago. Yes I ever went to a testy-bar until I was in my late 20s. We were at Harrah's Chester's and the guys decided to take a short drive the club. I had no choice as the dude I came with was driving but he had to leave the club early. Was an interesting experience to say the least but was surprised to see some decently good look girls. 

Ao1 Foundation Softball game at CBP tonight. Richard Rodgers legit hit 4 balls out of the park according to Twitterverse beat Jake Elliot in the Finals. Sidney Jones has already made more of an impact in this softball game then he has his WHOLE EAGLES CAREER. 2 Run blast to help the Def/STs out to an early 4-0 lead and just now robbed Jason Kelce of extra bases. I hope he doesn't pull a hammy out there. 

Mike Kaye

Zach Ertz with an epic bat flip after a homer. Sends him and DeSean home. 13-9, offense. #eagles

#Eagles C Jason Kelce with a HR after walking to the plate with "Who Let the Dogs Out?"14-9, offense.

Great job getting the deal done now. The longer we waited the more expensive it would have been 
they needed to get it done before dak. Dallas is dumb not getting a deal for Dak before Wentz. Daks price tag just went up. FTR Philly got a steal I think, as long as Wentz can stay healthy

Last edited by a moderator:
they needed to get it done before dak. Dallas is dumb not getting a deal for Dak before Wentz. Daks price tag just went up. FTR Philly got a steal I think, as long as Wentz can stay healthy
Agree.  The longer it goes on the more expensive it gets.  Howie wins again 

4 years, $128 million, $107 million guaranteed, per Schefty:

Eagles are giving Carson Wentz a four-year, $128 million contract extension that include guarantees over $107 million, per source.

Wentz’s total deal is now six years for $154 million.
That last sentence is key. Because this is a true extension - not a new deal - it doesn't supersede his rookie deal or the 5th-year option ... so the AAV over the next 6 years works out to just about $25.5M. Here are some other NFL QBs in that range:

Kirk Cousins: $28M

Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5M

Matt Stafford: $27M

Derek Carr: $25M 🤣

If Wentz can play consistently at even 90% of his 2017 form, this will be a massive bargain for the Birds - even if he winds up closer to Big Ben than Rivers on the "long-term health" spectrum. Roeth only played two 16-game seasons in a six-year span starting at age 27 ... but do you think anyone in Steeler country would have rather played QB roulette than locked him up during those years?

Another huge W for Howie and the gang. 

Mr. Irrelevant said:
That last sentence is key. Because this is a true extension - not a new deal - it doesn't supersede his rookie deal or the 5th-year option ... so the AAV over the next 6 years works out to just about $25.5M.
What will be important to know is how much, if any, they are front-loading anything into this year and next. Yes, the average over the next 6 years looks great, but the actual cap hits in each of those years won't be $25.5M. It will be way higher in most of the later years, if they don't move anything up. 

What will be important to know is how much, if any, they are front-loading anything into this year and next. Yes, the average over the next 6 years looks great, but the actual cap hits in each of those years won't be $25.5M. It will be way higher in most of the later years, if they don't move anything up. 
I was a little surprised to see the Eagles have between $22-26M in 2019 cap space depending on the source. You have to imagine the FO would look to bring a little bit of that out-year money forward if they're able.

Then again ..... the cap has risen by $10M+ for 6 years running, so if that keeps up, maybe you'd rather have $35M (or whatever his '24 salary might be absent any cap games) against a $250M cap then $25.5M against this year's $188M. Fortunately, if there's one guy in the entire NFL I trust to make the right decision on this, it's the salary cap Dumbledore we have at GM.

Dak has more tds avg per game, a higher qb rating per game, a higher completion %, a higher winning %, and less ints avg per game than Wentz

Maybe he deserves more $ than Wentz, but I hope he doesn't get it

Glad we locked him up.  Rich contract but nothing crazy expensive or crazy cheap.  There's no bargains in NFL QB contracts (outside of Brady).  They simply are what they are.  Happy he'll be an Eagle for a long time though.
Sounds like compared to the money and all its pretty cap friendly as Mike Garafolo said it will be pretty friendly in a few yrs. Also read that LAR thinks any QB can play in McVay's system and the team won't spend crazy money on an extension with Goff. Definitely something a Rams fan doesn't want to hear

Glad we locked him up.  Rich contract but nothing crazy expensive or crazy cheap.  There's no bargains in NFL QB contracts (outside of Brady).  They simply are what they are.  Happy he'll be an Eagle for a long time though.
I'm happy for many reasons. I turned on some football game on my Watch ESPN APP 2 yrs before the Draft of Wentz. Figured I'd eat a lower level game as they are sometimes entertain. Game I turn on? NDST with Carson Wentz. Followed him for 2 yrs. After that first title game as the Starter I said this guy is the perfect fit for the Eagles and what I've dreamed for yrs as a QB. Good accuracy but mobile enough if needed to buy time or gain yards and a warrior when they get knocked around. He'd Favre, Big Ben, Steve Young, Peyton Manning etc wrapped in one and perfect fit for the West Coast Spread Hybrid offense we want to run. 

I'm not sure it would have gone up *that* much.  I think they'd have been better served waiting a year to see how it plays out.  I don't dislike the deal - but not sure it was the best time.

Dak has more tds avg per game, a higher qb rating per game, a higher completion %, a higher winning %, and less ints avg per game than Wentz

Prescott is hampered in negotiations because of Elliot though.  I think he's a starting QB, but there's always that "well he is what he is because of Elliot".

The QB rating thing only works because of the rookie years when Wentz was average and Prescott was amazing.  2017-18, Wentz is higher in both QB rating and QBR.

But - the Prescott camp is certainly going to point to the Wentz contract and the respective  n umbers to argue for Dak to get close to that.  I'd be surprised if he gets more - but would also be surprised if he gets much less.  Possible Cowboys franchise him ala Cousins for a year if need be.

Prescott is hampered in negotiations because of Elliot though.  I think he's a starting QB, but there's always that "well he is what he is because of Elliot".

The QB rating thing only works because of the rookie years when Wentz was average and Prescott was amazing.  2017-18, Wentz is higher in both QB rating and QBR.

But - the Prescott camp is certainly going to point to the Wentz contract and the respective  n umbers to argue for Dak to get close to that.  I'd be surprised if he gets more - but would also be surprised if he gets much less.  Possible Cowboys franchise him ala Cousins for a year if need be.
I hope Dak gets more.

It was inevitable. He was not going to be the assistant GM forever. Good luck to him.
still sucks, though i suppose this timing is about as good as you could have, so close to the draft and free agency being over.  lots of time to get everything in place with those taking over his duties.

Dammit man!  We collectively almost did such a good job of not acknowledging that troll post.

I'm not sure it would have gone up *that* much.  I think they'd have been better served waiting a year to see how it plays out.  I don't dislike the deal - but not sure it was the best time.
If he has a full season at the same, or even slightly better, pace than 2017's 13 games, he's setting the market as the highest paid player in the NFL (as well as being able to demand a shorter, fully guaranteed deal (ala Cousins) so he could get paid again at close to top of market.) I think they timed it right.

You better believe Daks agent is going to argue he deserves more than Wentz. I for one believe Daks should get the highest paid contract in the league. Only the best for Jerry. Go big or go home.

You better believe Daks agent is going to argue he deserves more than Wentz. I for one believe Daks should get the highest paid contract in the league. Only the best for Jerry. Go big or go home.
:lol:    I'm sure you're hoping for that 

Yes, his agent has more of argument now I guess. I havent read alot about Wentz's deal, is it 25 or so a yr? Dak was going to get that easily anyway imo

I agree with this. Dak is not the better QB, but he is a quality starter. If he does a deal anytime soon, I'd expect it to come a (little bit) short of Carsons, but not by a ton

Yeah but he sucks
Wentz has a SB ring and if he hadn't gotten hurt would've been MVP of the league that year unanimously. Dak doesn't come close. I've said for awhile now Dak doesn't get the job done in big situations. He's a poor man Donovan McNabb. 

I agree with this. Dak is not the better QB, but he is a quality starter. If he does a deal anytime soon, I'd expect it to come a (little bit) short of Carsons, but not by a ton
Prescott is a game manager nothing more nothing less. If the guy doesn't have a run game and some offensive playmakers around him he can't carry an offense and Dal needs a stellar D. 

Wentz has a SB ring and if he hadn't gotten hurt would've been MVP of the league that year unanimously. Dak doesn't come close. I've said for awhile now Dak doesn't get the job done in big situations. He's a poor man Donovan McNabb. 
I agree he would have won it but there's no way it was unanimous.  At that point it was neck and neck between him and Brady but I think Carson would have squeaked it out.

No love for Scott? IMO he is the most likely to take over as the pass catching back in this offense. Super promising player, I would be surprised if PHI got rid of him. They have no receiving option unless Smallwood is a better receiver than I give him credit for. Clement isnt great, Howard/Adams cant catch at all.

IMO Celement may end up being the odd man out as him and Howard are kind of duplicate skill sets, but Howard is better. They may still draft someone but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go with a combo of Smallwood/Howard for the rushing and Scott as a receiving option. Maybe then its between Clement, Adams, and a rookie for a 4th spot

Unless the local fans know more than I do. No one is talking about Scott but imo hes a decent add to see what happens in the NFL draft. I'm curious if they're interested in James Williams
I asked my brother, who is the type of fan who only knows eagles players, what he thinks of Scott. His response was "Who?"

Tells you what you need to know I think
Does he know who he is now?

and from Rotowire

Gets Sproles comparison

June 4, 2019

Coach Doug Pederson compared Scott to Darren Sproles, Bo Wulf of The Athletic reports. "[Scott]'s a guy that can kind of fill a Darren Sproles (role)," Pederson said. "He's in that same body type and same quickness. We're working him in a couple of different situations as a runner, as a punt returner and just kind of getting a feel for him."

Users who are viewing this thread