What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL 2018 Training Camp & Preseason: News & Tidbits Thread (1 Viewer)

He's practically incoherent...

"I don’t envision any situation where all of a sudden [Mayfield will be] getting a bunch of first-team reps unless, , God forbid, something happens,” Jackson said, via Ohio.com. “But at the same time, there might be a day — please nobody hold me to it — where Tyrod all of a sudden maybe doesn’t go and Baker’s out there and people go, ‘Oh, my gosh.’ It wouldn’t be that. You know what I’m saying? Let’s not turn that into, ‘Now [Mayfield is] going to be the starter.’ That’s not what it is. I’m committed to making this work the way that we have it because I think it’s what’s best for the organization. I think it’s what’s best for [Mayfield]. If the player supersedes that, it will show itself.”
:loco:

Asa Mayfield owner, I strongly endorse Mayfield sitting and learning this year.
I’m a Mayfield owner too but I think this kind of sentiment is a bit overblown. He’s a terrific QB prospect and I’m pretty confident he’s better at QBing than Tyrod right now and would give them just as much chance of winning games now, if not more. Tyrod has experience in the league and sure that counts for something, but it’s experience at being an average QB. The ceiling of this offense and team rises the minute Mayfield takes the field. I don’t see any reason to delay if he’s ready - if he’s not, fine, but we don’t have any reason to think he wouldn’t be (or at least as “ready” as a bunch of other young QBs who will start for teams in week 1), other than a few comments by Hue....and we know anything that comes out of his mouth is worthless. 

I’m a Mayfield owner too but I think this kind of sentiment is a bit overblown. He’s a terrific QB prospect and I’m pretty confident he’s better at QBing than Tyrod right now and would give them just as much chance of winning games now, if not more. Tyrod has experience in the league and sure that counts for something, but it’s experience at being an average QB. The ceiling of this offense and team rises the minute Mayfield takes the field. I don’t see any reason to delay if he’s ready - if he’s not, fine, but we don’t have any reason to think he wouldn’t be (or at least as “ready” as a bunch of other young QBs who will start for teams in week 1), other than a few comments by Hue....and we know anything that comes out of his mouth is worthless. 

The 3 best passers in the league right now all sat at least one year, watching and learning the game before they went in vs live bullets.  I’m not a believer in coincidences - I think that year significantly enhanced their development.  Let him sit the year, then turn him loose on the league.

I can’t keep track of all the links from twitter posts but what I can recall from today:

-Tre’Quan Smith is having a great first week and posted some super impressive deep catches today.

-Dallas Goedert was supposedly looking good, couldn’t find any clips of that though.

-Michael Gallup and Allen Hurns were getting good separation. Dak had an average day however.

-Randall Cobb posted some impressive catches today. 

-Ryan Nall ripped off a run reminiscent of some of his highlights from college. 

-Bloom tweeted about Artavis Scott (WR, LAC) looking good (quote from Keenan Allen). 

-Von Miller said there is definitely a place for a back like Philip Lindsey since he’s impossible to cover.

-Richie James looked good in 9ers camp. McKinnon, Breida and Joe Williams all supposedly had great days.

-Anthony Miller continues to tear it up the first week of Bears camp. 

-Buffalo Bills worked a multitude of WR’s with the first team. One I am trying to keep an eye on is a name from last year: Malachi Dupre. Josh Allen was reported to have a good day though he had another super bad miss on a screen pass.

-Speaking of deep names from last year: Robert Davis, along with Trey Quinn, shined for the Redskins second team with Davis getting confused by fans for Vernon Davis after a couple of end zone grabs.

-Corey Coleman and Jarvis Landry both burned TJ Carrie today (may have been multiple days). Suffice to say that guy is having a rough camp.

-Mike Gesicki apparently had a rough go of it today. Leontee Carroo has supposedly had a solid week to start camp. 

Injuries:

Elijah McGuire - Broken foot, thought to be heading for IR to start the season; Jets bringing in Alf Morris and Orleans Darkwa for a tryout.

OT Daryl Williams, CAR - MCL Tear and dislocated knee cap; thought to be out ~6 weeks.

OG Ramon Foster, PIT - Knee; thought to not be serious. Day to day until otherwise noted.

I’ll try to keep summizing the days when I can from the twittersphere. Of course every damn player and their mother is hyped right now.

Users who are viewing this thread